Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

The nerds are still crunching numbers

fuckin dumb idiots need to crunch faster so I don't have to figure out what stats are actually good for all of the classes i want to play and just copy what they say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Luna Was Here posted:

fuckin dumb idiots need to crunch faster so I don't have to figure out what stats are actually good for all of the classes i want to play and just copy what they say
BiS is Winter Sweater. (Technically Adventurer's Sweater but the advantage is marginal.)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Nessus posted:

Because I don't want the competition!!

If you see me sprinting ahead of you en route to that big Goblet Mansion in the sky, feel free to reach out a leg and trip my popoto-rear end up.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's a weird bug in Byakko where he does Sweep the Leg, lightning bolts, and the stack marker at the same time. :supaburn:

The fastest instance: Grand Cross Byakko

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Archyduke posted:

If you see me sprinting ahead of you en route to that big Goblet Mansion in the sky, feel free to reach out a leg and trip my popoto-rear end up.
The funny thing is I'm aiming at a medium so I actually have no idea what the demand for that is like.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I only want to get the house outside PCD's FC house in Shirogane so I can get rid of all the ugly trees but the odds of me being able to get that are slim to none considering the random availability, that's the only one I'd swap my current house for. But the odds of someone in the FC getting it are decent enough I suppose?

I only managed to convince the current owner to shift them out of camera view when you zone in.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 6, 2018

Curry Favor
Aug 23, 2003

Servers are down, time to post screenshots.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Putting the QT in Miqo'te.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Bad news, everyone.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

307 players in queue! Probably gonna buy up all of Shirogane in the next 4 minutes.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Nessus posted:

307 players in queue! Probably gonna buy up all of Shirogane in the next 4 minutes.

Weren't they going to delay so people who log on first don't take everything?

Edit: Guess not.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Feb 6, 2018

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Good luck to all house seekers. I'm going to keep my cosy little Mist cottage and relax in peace.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Nevermind low number wards wouldn't work even if they are empty. Worked in ward 16

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 6, 2018

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I got the plot I wanted, but not in the Ward I wanted, ah well. Still a win.

I thought relocation was supposed to preserve your housing layout? I relocated and it's god damned all empty and i have to redot the WHOLE layout now...

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
I appreciate that if you couldn't buy a house the first time, you can't buy a house this time... but if you could buy a house at any point beforehand, no matter where, you could now trivially move it wherever you wanted to the thousands of open spots. They somehow managed to make a system that punishes individuals without houses but actively benefits individuals that already have houses.

Who the gently caress comes up with this poo poo?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Private purchases being disabled but no relocation is kind of bullshit. Essentially locking new players out of placing anything in Shirogane again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FFXIV being dumb... who would have thuinked

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Private purchases being disabled but no relocation is kind of bullshit. Essentially locking new players out of placing anything in Shirogane again.

the problem wasn't trying to get people in to shirogane though

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I also saw a good number of small and even medium houses opening in shirogane when the servers went up and while yes those plots can be taken by another person relocating before a new person can buy it at the very least it isn't decreasing the number of available houses if that happens

Dryzen fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 6, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
We almost had it.

We forgot about this.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Me.

Yuyuhase's a horrible monster but Laurentius is just a coward looking out for himself. Killing them doesn't do anything for anyone except satisfying petty revenge, which is irrelevant when we have bigger political fish to fry.

Laurentius has had three strikes.

2.0: Informant for the Garleans.
2.55: Turned against us along with the rest of the Crystal Braves.
3.5: Set the Armored Weapons to massacre the false flag attackers.

At this point, the only questions that remain are "does he go to the chopping block or does he hang?" and "before or after Yuyuhase?".

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Feb 6, 2018

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I also so a good number of small and even medium houses opening in shirogane when the servers went up and while yes those plots can be taken by another person relocating before a new person can buy it at the very least it isn't decreasing the number of available houses if that happens

no, it just means that (yet again) FCs are getting stuck with small/medium houses because 13/36 of the new shirogane L plots were taken by individuals relocating because they were allowed for some mystifying reason

it also means that, if you were lucky enough to get a house in the first place - anywhere - you've been rewarded again by, essentially, a developer-sanctioned ability to put your house pretty much wherever you want it. and if you weren't lucky enough to get a house in the first place, you uh... might get to buy one at some point when purchases are re-opened, assuming they're not all bought by FCs by then.

the entire system is loving stupid, the ward system is dumb, and they should implement instanced housing and be done with it

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Yeah I won't defend the ward system itself at all but they're going to continue to keep this system in place which should hopefully mean that at some point in the future the problem won't be as bad.

That hope is also really lovely and will take forever

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

My biggest frustration with housing is just how empty most wards feel at all time and person I see in my ward is a huge moment for me

The ward system definitely is meant to be a community creator so maybe it should just be left as a free company only thing....

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I mean the main argument for why Free Companies should have priority for housing over individuals is because a lot of FC benefits (company workshop, gardening, higher-grade FC buffs, etc.) are locked behind it, but they're not locked behind having a BIG house. If a player relocates from a small in Mist to a large in Shirogane, they haven't actually reduced the number of plots available for free companies.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

What's the big deal about a house in Shirogane? I haven't even gotten to it in SB (just started, in between quests were better than ARR but still lengthy) but is it just a cool location? Tons of plots open in the old cities.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's the shiny new place. :shrug: Arguably it looks better than the old wards and the default japanese-style theme for the buildings looks pretty nice, but it's all down to subjective opinion there.

It is funny how most of the shirogane places went quick on my server, while the new wards in the Mist et al were empty ghost towns. Even if it'll probably even out over the next day or two.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Welp got my plot and built a house and made it a hideous eyesore. :toot:

Not shown: The three moais

My impression is that all the old plots that get abandoned by a relocator will open up if possibly not instantly, so eventually things will settle down. They're also actually starting the demo timer now, right?

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I mean the main argument for why Free Companies should have priority for housing over individuals is because a lot of FC benefits (company workshop, gardening, higher-grade FC buffs, etc.) are locked behind it, but they're not locked behind having a BIG house. If a player relocates from a small in Mist to a large in Shirogane, they haven't actually reduced the number of plots available for free companies.

for me, at least, the main argument for fc housing priority is that it gets as many people as possible access to the housing subsystem - if that's a thing that they want to do, it enables them to do it. (apartments/personal chambers aren't good enough) the problem is, for any reasonably active fc with a reasonable number of players, a medium house barely has enough space (in a physical sense as well as a "number of housing items" space) for more than... two? three? people to actually engage with it.

as an example, my fc is ten active players, and probably seven of us would actively like to customize a house in some form. we can't accommodate that in a medium (which we do have). there's not enough space for everyone to do what they want to do and make their ideas work. in order to make that possible, either A: we need individual houses or B: we need a large FC house.

sure, the fc house has some mechanical benefits, but fundamentally (for some people) the benefit of housing is actually getting to use the housing system and customize it.

(also, just for the record, I fully admit that I love housing customization and think that this game has some amazing-looking housing furnishings, which only makes my disappointment worse every time housing proves unattainable or they patch out something cool that enables interesting layouts. the glitches allowing for stairs/second levels are fantastic and I wish they'd supply that intentionally)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Managed to log in and snag plot 46 for my FC, so this makes it three times in a row I've managed to buy the house I wanted.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Shirogane is nice and all but Goblet is still the best housing district. We got a big fancy resort pool complete with fountains, hot springs, and a pool-side bar.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I lost my shirogane house but upgrading to a medium is pretty worth it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh Alphinaud.

Asking price? SERIOUSLY?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He only paid $10 for that banana.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They were in a hurry, and the broker had other buyers lined up! Surely the Scion's bank account was limitless? Alphinaud is the best mark a hustler could ask for.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

And then he loving faceplanted into the water

why has no one gifed that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SettingSun posted:

They were in a hurry, and the broker had other buyers lined up! Surely the Scion's bank account was limitless? Alphinaud is the best mark a hustler could ask for.

Well at least his naïveté didn’t result in an attempted coup this time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nodosaur posted:

Oh Alphinaud.

Asking price? SERIOUSLY?

Never leave Alphinaud alone in Ul'dah.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
I need to spend some time redoing the interior of my house. The outside of my house looks pretty drat good in my opinion but I'm poo poo at interior decorating.

I kinda wanted to upgrade to a medium but my plot is too perfect for me to give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
I was able to move houses to a nice plot in lav beds right next to a friend! Which is all I’ve wanted for a while so hooray.