Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

new phone who dis posted:

Back injuries suck, and there's usually not a lot docs can do for you besides get you hooked on opioids if it's a soft tissue thing. The only way a back injury gets worse is when the doctor sends you home with an ibuprofen prescription and a bill.

As someone who's had a back injury successfully treated by doctors, this is just untrue. Physiotherapy and surgery can both be effective depending on the type of back injury, lying on your back for weeks on end refusing to even go see someone to figure out what's wrong doesn't help anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Fullhouse posted:

all my understanding of genetics comes from metal gear solid

You're an idiot, you should have watched Gattaca instead

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

food court bailiff posted:

That's probably why he said it's more complicated than that, then. It's still rare enough for this situation to happen that the guy was probably justified in thinking his wife had a side piece, even if he went a little too nuclear.

Literally one out of that kid's 32 great-great-great grandparents is black.

True. Her family probably has a background that's not specifically Central European or something and just decided to make it my great great great grandpa is black and that's why :downs:

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Tiny Deer posted:

If it matters to you that much, you should be sure. The kid could look like you and still be your brother's or your dad's, you know.

That's so loving hot

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

That's probably why he said it's more complicated than that, then. It's still rare enough for this situation to happen that the guy was probably justified in thinking his wife had a side piece, even if he went a little too nuclear.

its not that rare to have a different skin hue than either parent at birth or hair color or eye color or anything. it doesn't have to do with dominant recessive and its dumb to bring that up and say "well its more complicated than that" after. it shows a misunderstanding of genetics at best

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [22 M] with japanese exchange student [21 F], she seemed to like me but now she's acting all weird, getting mixed advices.

quote:

Ok guys, you already know about me and Kaori, the girl I like, if you've read my previous posts about our relationship.
It all started becoming "weird" last wednesday. I was at my last day on college when she sent me a message asking if we could spend the night together talking thru Skype. I couldn't reply her because I had a very weak internet signal, so when I got home I replied her, but she never logged on for the remainder of the day.
She replied me the next day, saying she got a headache and she fell asleep, which was OK with me. However since then she seems to be avoiding me in some way or another. Tho she's online on her cellphone and sometimes "likes" what others say, she pretty much doesn't reads my messages until I write her AGAIN, then we start talking and out of the blue she stops reading my messages and she either replies WAAAY later or I have to engage her on conversation AGAIN.
When we talk tho, she acts as usual and pretty much says how she likes spending time with me only to show completely the opposite thing.
Like, this friday I said Hi to her to which she pretty much said "Can't talk right now, I'm bussy" and well, I just let her like that. Later that night she writes me saying Sorry, she was watching soccer with friends and told me she wasn't bussy anymre. So we start talking about the match, we had a very nice while like... 10 minutes of conversation. When I asked her about sports I told her I like to skate, and she was like "Wow! That's cool!!! I really like how you're a man that seems to make a lot of efforts", I asked her if she liked skating too and she hasn't read the message yet, even if she spent online another 30 minutes in which she didn't did anything on her facebook.
Well, she's been getting online and my message is still unread, I've asked people for advice and this is what they think...
My ex's sister (a very good friend) said: That she's pretty sure this Kaori girl actually likes me, but that she must be a very active or bussy and forgetful lady, and I should trying to talk to her JUST once every few days.
A friend who supposedly knows about japanese culture said: Japanese women are hard to get to and they like guys to pretty much be insisting on them. If she's ignoring me she pretty much wants to see how far I'm able to go to talk to her.
My mother said: That she's a b***h and I should be as mean as she is and forget about her.
A friend who studies psychology said: That she might just be kind with me "for the lulz" and I should ignore her.
So, what do you think?
tl;dr: Japanese exchange student I like and seemed to like me is acting weird "ignoring me" and I've got contradictory advice.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Back injuries suck, and there's usually not a lot docs can do for you besides get you hooked on opioids if it's a soft tissue thing. The only way a back injury gets worse is when the doctor sends you home with an ibuprofen prescription and a bill.

this is extremely incorrect my dude

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

poly and open-minded posted:

its not that rare to have a different skin hue than either parent at birth or hair color or eye color or anything. it doesn't have to do with dominant recessive and its dumb to bring that up and say "well its more complicated than that" after. it shows a misunderstanding of genetics at best

I never said that it's weird for babies to look different. The post had the OP herself calling the baby black, so It's not really out of place to talk about the feasibility of genetics actually giving that kid entirely different traits than either parent.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Gerblyn posted:

As someone who's had a back injury successfully treated by doctors, this is just untrue. Physiotherapy and surgery can both be effective depending on the type of back injury, lying on your back for weeks on end refusing to even go see someone to figure out what's wrong doesn't help anything.

You are one of the lucky ones. For most people it's a waiting game, and surgery is usually a last resort.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

That's so loving hot

Nooooo!

I understand I might be coming off as facetious but I'm trying to help. If it matters to you, it matters to you, and it's obviously not some outlandish notion to want to know the kid you're raising is the product of your relationship and not an affair.

I've offered to let my future potential offspring have the test done, it's not like I wouldn't know what the answer is going to be already. But that's just me. Some other women would find it insulting. You won't know unless you ask and it's better to ask before there are stakes.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

You are one of the lucky ones. For most people it's a waiting game, and surgery is usually a last resort.

there's a lot of ground between 'surgery' and 'just lie around writhing in pain for the rest of your life' wherein someone who knows something about how anatomy works taking a look at you might come in handy

like, with two exceptions every doctor I've ever come across has been exceptionally useless but that's still 2-0 versus my own attempts at self-treating medical problems that won't just go away after a week of ignoring them, and back injuries do not just go away.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 15, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

there's a lot of ground between 'surgery' and 'just lie around writhing in pain for the rest of your life' wherein someone who knows something about how anatomy works taking a look at you might come in handy

Usually if someone has hurt their back multiple times before and been to the doctor they get like this dude. They are familiar with the injury and the diagnosis, have already spent money for essentially nothing, and don't want to repeat it. The trick is knowing when your pain and injury level has possibly exceeded previous episodes, which some people are too stubborn to admit. I can understand where he's coming from, though.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Yep, I was lucky. The country I live in has excellent healthcare, and my sister (who lives in the UK) had a much worse time with a similar issue.

But your right, it is a waiting game, but until you go to see a doctor and get a professional opinion you don't really know what your options are. If nothing else, the biggest risk someone with a back injury has is that they don't know what physical activities do their back good (like Physiotherapy exercises or going for walks) and which ones carry a risk (like carrying heavy objects, or spending too long sitting in a chair). Going to see a doctor is a good way of getting that information.

I put off seeing a doctor for a long time, and by the time I went I'd made matters much through my own ignorance and I ended up having surgery to fix it (I had a hernia in the lower area of my spine, I saw an MRI and it was huge).

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Me [24M] with girl [24F]. Good first date. Drops cold mid text convo

quote:

Met [23F] on tinder. Smart phd student who works in the high rise next to mine. I'm 27M and a young doc without much time to date.
We set up after work drinks nearby at 6pm (inner city melbourne). Things go well and I suggest spontaneous dinner. She agrees. Dinner and flowing conversation for another 2hrs. Not much physical contact since it was close our workplaces and some can be nervous about being seen but I did playfully punch, nudge and hold her hand across the road.
I have to cut the date at 4hrs as I need to go back to work at 10. I walk her to the light rail and as her tram comes I think she leans in for a peck on the lips but i was already aiming for cheek (I don't tinder kiss on first meet and she had 3 wines so I didn’t want to deal with buyers remorse).
Later that night I text her:
Me at 23:00ish – Home ok? Worried. There are wolves out and you have no sense of direction (inside joke)
Her at 23:30ish – Home ok. Watched out for wolves going through chapel st and all. I did ride in the squalid carriage though so very risky. Thank you for a lovely dinner.
I didn’t feel the need to respond to that text and left it. Was pretty busy the next day at work and only text her late at night with:
Next evening Me at 21:15ish– Hey Boxhead. Here’s thatworkout song I said I’d send you [youtube link]
Her at 22:00 – Hey Bigears. That gets my approval but its true what you say about it being a workout song. It has an drugged out star gazing vibe to it. I’d show you some of my embarrassing 90s ska workout music but I’m worried you’ll get scared….
Me at 22:45 (I realize I responded after 45mins like she did but it was unintentional) – You can talk. Everyone knows 90s ska was all about speedballs and hard drugs. Don’t worry I wont judge you for your fedora and goldfinger collection. I’d like some new workout music for tomorrow
….and almost 24 hours later nothing. My plan was to set up a date 2 after quick banter but she’s gone cold. I understand she uses tinder so she probably has an avalanche of offers (she's tall, educated and works out) but how should one proceed here?
tl;dr:
1) Met girl on tinder. Smart and lots in common. Good first drinks which turns into a spontaneous 4hr dinner.
2) Text her the night after. She responds with interest, I sent her another text and she drops silent.
3) 24hrs later still nothing. How to proceed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEE8OSetO1c

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
There was a brief period in the 90s where fedoras didn't mean awful internet person and instead meant awful scene person.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

Me [24M] with girl [24F]. Good first date. Drops cold mid text convo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEE8OSetO1c

the real gold here is reddit crowdsourcing this guy's flirting technique

like dozens of shutin Cyrano de Bergeracs

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 15, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

the real gold here is reddit crowdsourcing this guy's flirting technique

like dozens of shutin Cyrano de Bergeracs

Well at least they'll all die painfully.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Danaru posted:

Me [22F] with my boyfriend [23M] of 6 years, do I have the right to be upset or am I being to sensitive?

Can anyone decipher what the hell happened here

From what I gleaned, it boils down to the 2 guys going to see a different concert together (and not telling anyone) while OP and others go to the concert they "planned" for. Poorly worded and gave me a headache parsing it, but that's the gist anyhow. I'd say she's right to be upset, I'd be pretty miffed if someone bailed on a concert we planned and did it in some half-assed, passive way behind my back.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Massive wall of text so bolding parts. She also waffles on and repeats herself constantly so I've excised a few bits.

I've been with my boyfriend for four months, but we haven't even kissed or held hands yet.

quote:

Me and my boyfriend have been together for four months, but we haven't even kissed or held hands yet. He's very awkward, so I'm afraid of making him feel uncomfortable, and I suspect that I'm his first proper girlfriend so I don't want to rush or pressurise him. I'm 24 and he's 19, and I feel like the age gap is very significant. I'm approaching the age where I'm looking for a proper adult relationship, but it feels like I'm dating a child sometimes. I thought that the age gap wouldn't be too much of an issue, but over time, his lack of experience has caused quite a few problems - both on a physical and emotional level, and I feel completely isolated and deprived of affection. I had no idea what I was getting myself in for, and now I feel trapped. I thought that things would improve if we were officially in a relationship, but we actually seem to be going backwards instead of forwards. I've never had to face this issue before, because literally every guy I've been with has been relatively forward and proactive about their physical or emotional interests in me, and I'm quite shy so I struggle with 'making moves' on people, especially if I have no idea if the other person even wants me to. His lack of experience means that I've deliberately taken things much slower than I usually would, but after four months, there's still not been any progression within any aspect of our relationship. I have no idea how to communicate my concerns, because he's already extremely sensitive and anxious, and the last thing I want to do is make him feel even more uncomfortable.

We haven't been on many dates - we see each other once every week or fortnight, but all we really do is walk around town for hours and end up in McDonalds, and as a 24 year old woman, I feel like I deserve a bit more excitement and sophistication than that. For our first ever date, he told me that we were going for a drink - I thought we might go to Starbucks or Costa, but he took me to the in-store cafe at Asda, where a pot of tea only costs £1, and I felt really overdressed and undignified. I felt so embarrassed and humiliated that I went home and lied to my Mum about where we'd gone together. It was also the most disgusting cup of tea I've ever tasted haha, but I plodded through because I genuinely enjoyed his company. There's nothing wrong with cheap dates, but I just want to be with someone who I can have fun with - my boyfriend becomes incredibly distressed if he has to do anything outside of his 'comfort zone', which means that the only things we can do together are: walk around town in circles for hours, sit in McDonalds, or sit in his lounge with his parents.

He invited me to go for a meal on Valentine's day - it turns out that we were going to Pizza Hut, which was an anti-climax and disappointing to say the least. He even kicked up a fuss about spending £1.99 on dessert, even though I offered to pay, and I just felt really cheap and not very special at all. He also tried to convince me to order from the kids menu. We were surrounded by 12 year olds on their first ever dates, and it was just really awkward and I felt a little bit humiliated. I thought that we'd definitely kiss on Valentine's day, but he could barely manage an awkward hug as we said goodbye. He gave me a single bar of dairy milk chocolate for Christmas, whereas I spent quite a lot of money and put a lot of thought into my gifts for him. I've visited his house a couple of times, but all we did was sit in his lounge and talk to his parents about the war for six hours. His cat was sick on me, and my boyfriend's initial reaction was to run away in disgust instead of helping to clean it up. When I'm around his house, he never says a word to me, and he sits at the opposite end of the room, so it feels more of an interrogation than anything else. He invited himself over to my house a few weeks ago - and again, I thought we'd probably kiss if we were in private - but all he did was sit awkwardly on the very edge of my bed for an hour, before his parents randomly turned up to take him home.

He avoids acknowledging any comments regarding kissing, sex, or other signs of affection - he seems to get very flustered and changes the subject immediately. It's reached a point where I feel like I can't totally be myself around him, because I like to make 'controversial' jokes or comments about sex etc, but obviously I can't when I'm around him, and I feel like I have to be careful about what I write on social media in case he reads too much into things.

We awkwardly hug once when we say hello, and once when we say goodbye - other than that, we barely even graze elbows. He very rarely compliments me, and we don't even talk most days, so we're not even close on an emotional level. He's had a few bad days over the last four months, but he never opens up to me. He goes silent whenever he's upset, even though he knows that I'm there for him and that he can talk to me about anything. I'm also starting to resent the fact that I wake up early and spend ages getting dressed up just to go to McDonalds and watch him eat a Happy Meal (I'm a vegetarian so McDonalds is wasted on me haha). I used to be really excited about seeing him, but over the past few months, I've begun to enjoy his company less and less, and I'm now actively putting off dates because I find them/him so boring and I'm really confused about our relationship. Hanging out with my boyfriend feels more like a chore nowadays - it's just something that I tolerate, and I feel like it's more of an obligation than anything else. The only reason why I haven't broken up with him already is because I'm terrified of hurting his feelings.

I've been in two long-term abusive relationships in the past which have really knocked my confidence, so intimacy is a bit of an issue with me anyway - I'm used to the guy making the first move, and I know how anxious he must feel, so I've basically been waiting for him to be ready, but I can't wait forever. I have no idea where I stand with him, how he feels about me, and what he wants from a relationship. Whenever we meet, he always has to leave at 4pm so that he can get home and feed his cat haha! I was meant to be meeting him in town the other day, but there was a storm outside so I waited in a cafe - I told him where I was and all he said was: "ok okay", then I saw him walk past the window whilst he was pretending that he wasn't in town. I bumped into him in town again today, and he could barely make eye contact with me and seemed in a rush to get going.

It just feels like he's way too inexperienced, and I already feel really weird about the age gap etc. I really don't want to end up resenting him for wasting my time, and I don't want to carry on seeing him whilst I have all of these doubts in my head. Bless him, he's absolutely clueless when it comes to dating. He doesn't seem to be aware of a lot of very standard and basic etiquette, and I appreciate that he has a lot to learn, but I'm really not at a stage in my life where I have the time or energy to teach a guy how he should treat a girl etc. I've been in that situation before and it was exhausting. I knew that he was inexperienced before we started going out, so I didn't expect much, and there've been a lot of times when I overlooked his behaviour because of this, but it's really started to feel a bit ridiculous and I feel unwanted and trapped. I think he'd be better suited for a girl who also hasn't had much dating experience so that it'd be a bit more equal and balanced.

I genuinely like this guy - we have a lot in common, and I'm sure he's lovely and I'm quite attracted to him, but I can't help but feel like something is very off. I really liked him at first, but now I feel like the opportunity and the spark have gone. I guess I'm just not into him as much as I originally thought I was, but I still feel really guilty about it. Our relationship is pretty much non-existent - we might as well just be friends. The whole situation is so awkward and confusing that I now feel incredibly anxious from something so minor as receiving a text from him. I know that this is his first proper relationship so I'm really scared to hurt his feelings, but I just find myself avoiding him nowadays. I've cancelled our last three dates, mostly because I've been trying to work out what I should do or say to him. I'm probably pushing him away because I know that I need to break up with him, but I'm really worried about how he'll react, and I'd rather let him down gently. If the situation were a bit different, and maybe if he was a bit older and slightly more experienced then I'm sure it would have worked out a lot better. I feel much lonelier now than I ever felt when I was single. I feel like I'm tied down to someone who can barely even hug me, and I know it's awful of me, but I'd rather be single and have the freedom to do my own thing and not feel quite so trapped. I have no idea how I should discuss all of this with him as he's very sensitive - I'm worried that he'd just crumble at the first hurdle - but I feel like breaking up would be the fairest thing for both of us.

:murder:

There is a happyish ending though.

quote:

UPDATE:

I finally broke up with him this morning, in a dignified and respectful manner, but he's now making suicidal comments all over text and social media. I tried to be nice to him and tried to comfort him, but his family are now badmouthing me. I definitely feel like I've made the right decision, but I'm just really fed up of being blamed for everything that could possibly go wrong, and people using what's essentially emotional blackmail to make me feel guilty/give in to what they want. I just thought I'd update you all, as you were all so great in supporting me over the past few days! Thank you!.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

The dude overreacted but come the gently caress on what other conclusion could he have possibly "jumped to"?

Like I said, there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with dude feeling confused or skeptical of the child's paternity. While I would not doubt my partner in that situation and assume infidelity for literally no logical reason in his shoes, that's fine. It's understandable, though she did lay it out to him explicitly that her family's genetics are weird and he has zero basis for suspecting her of foul play. What is really loving crazy is how her boyfriend went nuclear and had a whiny exploding baby tantrum over it. Dude broke up with her, moved out, and ceased all contact for 3 days over some mere assumptions he had in his smelly garbage excuse for a brain. An mature, reasonable adult would be like "Hey, I really trust you and respect our awesome relationship, but I need a paternity test for our kid or else this isn't going to work for me." That's it. Dumbass didn't need to murder his relationship over his paranoia.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 15, 2017

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I feel like if you strike the genetic lottery that well, most women won't be just mortally and utterly offended if you respectfully ask for a test, cause I imagine they are just as surprised and would want to prove it as well. If only so idiot friends, co-worker's comments, etc never poison the husband's thoughts.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Like I said, there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with dude feeling confused or skeptical of the child's paternity. While I would not doubt my partner in that situation and assume infidelity for literally no logical reason in his shoes, that's fine. It's understandable, though she did lay it out to him explicitly that her family's genetics are weird and he has zero basis for suspecting her of foul play. What is really loving crazy is how her boyfriend went nuclear and had a whiny exploding baby tantrum over it. Dude broke up with her, moved out, and ceased all contact for 3 days over some mere assumptions he had in his smelly garbage excuse for a brain. An mature, reasonable adult would be like "Hey, I really trust you and respect our awesome relationship, but I need a paternity test for our kid or else this isn't going to work for me." That's it. Dumbass didn't need to murder his relationship over his paranoia.

childbirth is a stressful time. some people react very poorly to stress, especially if they're morally weak and/or they've been subject to relationship sabotage by an abusive parent

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Usually if someone has hurt their back multiple times before and been to the doctor they get like this dude. They are familiar with the injury and the diagnosis, have already spent money for essentially nothing, and don't want to repeat it. The trick is knowing when your pain and injury level has possibly exceeded previous episodes, which some people are too stubborn to admit. I can understand where he's coming from, though.
This is true for almost every physical injury that doesn't involve breaking or seriously tearing stuff. Going to the doctors is almost always useless. They'll take an xray, maybe a bit more, and then do nothing or try to sell you drugs or crutches whether you need them or not.

Then you rest for 6-12 weeks while only mildly loading the area and are back to normal.

I wouldn't go either unless it was a persistent thing that wasn't getting better. You pretty much look like an idiot every single time and are wasting your or the state's money.

A decent physio would be reasonable, but they can be hard to find.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 15, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ludicro posted:

Massive wall of text so bolding parts. She also waffles on and repeats herself constantly so I've excised a few bits.

I've been with my boyfriend for four months, but we haven't even kissed or held hands yet.

:murder:

There is a happyish ending though.

I always wonder how dry the self esteem well has to run for these people to end up dating I mean what the hell

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If my girlfriend gave birth to a black baby I'd be mortified cus I don't want kids

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Fullhouse posted:

I always wonder how dry the self esteem well has to run for these people to end up dating I mean what the hell

As sad as it was, the udders girl (thanks Elsa) and the many other posts in this thread has made me realize that lack of self-esteem will have some people accept any and all crazy as heck flaws in their partners. But dating a shy little babby 19 year old at 24 years old is pretty special...

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Fullhouse posted:

Well she seems pretty shy herself and its a bad idea to get with someone even more shy and awkward than yourself.

It is interesting that she was finally able to work up the nerve to break up with him but not be more direct about what she wanted up to that point.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

KomodoWagon posted:

If my girlfriend gave birth to a black baby I'd be mortified cus I don't want kids

It could be worse...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Khorne posted:

This is true for almost every physical injury that doesn't involve breaking or seriously tearing stuff. Going to the doctors is almost always useless. They'll take an xray, maybe a bit more, and then do nothing or try to sell you drugs or crutches whether you need them or not.

Then you rest for 6-12 weeks while only mildly loading the area and are back to normal.

I wouldn't go either unless it was a persistent thing that wasn't getting better. You pretty much look like an idiot every single time and are wasting your or the state's money.

A decent physio would be reasonable, but they can be hard to find.

you know what really makes you look like an idiot? Doing nothing, staying in agony indefinitely, and alienating yourself from your loved ones because you refuse help and insist that treating the disabling condition that turns you into an rear end in a top hat with anything more than bedrest 'wastes money'

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

As sad as it was, the udders girl (thanks Elsa) and the many other posts in this thread has made me realize that lack of self-esteem will have some people accept any and all crazy as heck flaws in their partners. But dating a shy little babby 19 year old at 24 years old is pretty special...

Keep in mind a lot of these women were emotionally abused by their parents growing up. From when they were toddlers it was pounded into their heads (and genitals :( ) that they were too incompetent to trust their own judgement. These kind of women grow up with zero confidence because nobody gave them the agency to even have any.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I mostly agree, but "I trust our relationship but I need a paternity test" is some having-it-both-ways bullshit. If you need the test then you don't trust the relationship and I'm not saying it's unreasonable but at least be upfront about it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

fruit on the bottom posted:

I mostly agree, but "I trust our relationship but I need a paternity test" is some having-it-both-ways bullshit. If you need the test then you don't trust the relationship and I'm not saying it's unreasonable but at least be upfront about it.

Oh, I'm not saying I would ever doubt my partner in that dude's scenario because that is ridiculous when you're in a long-term committed relationship. Why bother having a child with your girlfriend if you can doubt her so easily based on what your nutty mom says or whatever? But on the other hand, I can also understand why the average dude would feel that way when their baby comes out with a different skin color, considering societal expectations and dumb masculinity.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 15, 2017

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Masculinity is great I'm sorry you had your balls surgically transferred into a spayed corgi

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Psycho Society posted:

Masculinity is great I'm sorry you had your balls surgically transferred into a spayed corgi

It's really sad that you are so insecure in your masculinity to make this very bad post.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

It's really sad that you are so insecure in your masculinity to make this very bad post.

Meanwhile...

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

quit trying to make the reddit thread about how woke you are, or whatever

Me [24F] with my boyfriend [27 M] of two years, he destroyed the painting I made for him because it was a "cheap gift".

quote:

My boyfriend John is extremely difficult to buy presents for. He came from an affluent family and has a great job, and buys everything he wants whenever he wants it. I am lower income. I lost my job a few months ago and had to take on other one, which pays less, and I am struggling to pay my part of the rent and pay off my student loans. It is difficult for him to understand this most of the time.

I love to paint. My boyfriend has said my paintings are very good and that he likes them a lot. Since my income is so low, I decided to paint my boyfriend a painting for his birthday (Saturday). I researched this for months beforehand. I decided to paint a scene from his favorite game, Bioshock, with him as a Big Daddy character. I know it sounds cheesey but I honestly thought he would like it because he always said I was talented and he loves this game. I poured a ton of work into it. A week before his birthday, he had been hinting heavily at wanting a new iPhone.

When I presented him with the painting, he asked me if this was his present and if I got him something else. I told him this was his present and that I’d worked on it for months special for him. He got upset and told me a bunch of awful things, saying that it’s a “cheap and lazy gift” and that I was cheap in general. I was trying to diffuse the situation and I told him that I was sorry he didn’t like it but I wasn’t able to get him iPhone he wanted. He took the painting and he didn’t tear it, but he sort of bent and crinkled it, completely ruining the paint. He told me that I obviously didn’t care about what he wanted and that I was bad at budgeting and all of this ranting.

It came out that he resented paying for groceries and utilities even though he’d agreed to this before. I told him that if he wanted to discuss that we could but this wasn’t a good reaction. He told me that I was just after him for money and that he didn’t want a “lovely painting” when he could apparently be in a committed relationship with another girl at his workplace who makes more money. Then he told me “but I love you” as though it was an excuse for what he said. Then he said that this girl had brought him a red velvet cake for his birthday which is his favorite cake, which I didn’t care about. I told him that I baked him a chocolate cake earlier in the week with cream cheese frosting and that is basically red velvet cake. He switched and said that she had gotten it from his favorite bakery, and some random girl knows which bakery he likes over me. I just went to bed. This morning he’s gone and so is the painting. He sent me a text saying he went out to an Easter/birthday brunch with his parents and he’ll be back soon.

I’m not sure if I want to end the relationship, which has a ton of commitment involved. He has never acted like this before about money, and I don’t know what’s up, because he’s not telling me. I think he might be interested in this other girl or at least jealous of how much money she makes compared to me. How am I even supposed to approach this? I am already feeling very hurt about the painting and I’m not sure that’s a good place to start another argument.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Corgis own and you do not because you're a whiny baby man.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Psycho Society posted:

She probably did cheat lol

Psycho Society posted:

If they were dominant traits they would be expressed in the mom, if they were recessive both parents would need to have them. It's not complicated

Fake edit: it is more complicated than this but seriously she probably just slept with someone else

Psycho Society posted:

In order for traits to "hide out" like that he would have to at least have family members with the same features.

Psycho Society posted:

Ok I saw someone posted that it was deleted but yea good callout, I must've skipped over it

still lolling at this. very smooth. very smooth

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kali grants the power to rip from him the only thing that will make you even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

He told me that I was just after him for money and that he didn’t want a “lovely painting” when he could apparently be in a committed relationship with another girl at his workplace who makes more money. 

Haha god drat. What a little poo poo.

PleasingFungus posted:

still lolling at this. very smooth. very smooth