Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Good episode if you are a Duncan fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CortezFantastic posted:

Joe Rogan is loving stupid
He posted a kind of follow up today too:

If 'toxic lefties' is his new go-to boogeyman then I'm out.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

bango skank posted:

He posted a kind of follow up today too:

If 'toxic lefties' is his new go-to boogeyman then I'm out.

Cool.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

hot sauce posted:

so everyone, right?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

hot sauce posted:

so everyone, right?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

-Atom- posted:

so everyone, right?

Nope.

-Atom- posted:

so everyone, right?

Nope.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Just binged through this thread and it's been fun to watch others go through the progression of becoming overwhelmed by repetition and hating the same things. Most of it has been covered multiple times but a couple things have stuck out to me:

1. How many of you at least started out watching/listening where that was all you were doing? I don't think I've ever gotten through an entire episode when just sitting down, even in the beginning when I loved the show I would have to be commuting or working in order to stick with it

2. It'd be really great if someone could put the 1% argument into proper context for Rogan and Carrola. All they see is jealous people wanting to take away their money, as opposed to being in the awkward situation where they are in the same tax bracket as sociopaths that rape the economy. Instead of going on defensive rants about working hard and following dreams, I'd say they should put it in the context that other rich people should be like them. I don't think most OWS types would begrudge them their fortunes because they built them on selling entertainment to people at a fair price without loving people over. If anything Rogan overpays for his help (lol Redban). So stop yelling at poor people to get jobs and start yelling at rich people to have morals

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
1. The only two episodes I ever put on just to watch/listen to are the Joey Diaz and Doug Stanhope one and the episode with Neil Degrasse Tyson. I'm always either driving, cooking, doing housework or playing a video game if I'm listening to a podcast.

2. Adam Carolla has literally always been unlistenable/unwatchable for me since the first time I saw him on the Man Show and the only way I could possibly care less about his opinions is if he has someone even more insufferable like Dr. Drew to function as a springboard for his thoughts. Rogan is just very out of touch with average people. I'm pretty sure there was an episode of the Ice House Chronicles back in the day where he thought a tube of toothpaste was like $10 and everyone in the room looked at him like he was an alien.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I couldn't take Rogan seriously after he asked someone "How big are France and Italy - couple of million people each, right?"

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For me it was the time he found out approximately how many languages there were in the world and said something like, "I thought there were only like 30 different languages."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I always enjoy how other comedians treat Joe like he's a Mensa member.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Joe is as Americans are stereotyped overseas.
Once again, he is the loud guy in the stoner corner of the party you go and sit by when you are feeling anti-social.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Grant DaNasty posted:

I always enjoy how other comedians treat Joe like he's a Mensa member.

Compared to other comedians Joe IS a Mensa member. Remember, most of these people slept through high school, never went to college, and learn about news from some guy in a bar.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

Compared to other comedians Joe IS a Mensa member. Remember, most of these people slept through high school, never went to college, and learn about news from some guy in a bar.

When Opie was on he was just in awe of how smart Joe is.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

toggle posted:

When Opie was on he was just in awe of how smart Joe is.

Hahahaha. Opie must be one of the dumbest person alive. I think he's in the bottom 1% in the world.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

jyrka posted:

Hahahaha. Opie must be one of the dumbest person alive. I think he's in the bottom 1% in the world.

He sounds so dense.

There was an episode of O and A with Chris Morris (brainy British satire TV/film dude) and they both sounded so very very dumb when interviewing him. Worth a listen because he just fucks with them, Norton and Burr.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Chris Morris of Brass Eye? Have to listen to that one.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Any of your girlfriends ever commit suicide?
NO BUT THEY SHOULDA

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

User Error posted:

Any of your girlfriends ever commit suicide?
NO BUT THEY SHOULDA

Can't wait to use that line.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

always be closing posted:

Can't wait to use that line.

I keep meaning to work "tremendous" into my vocabulary on account of Joey Diaz.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

theradiostillsucks posted:

I keep meaning to work "tremendous" into my vocabulary on account of Joey Diaz.

He had a Church podcast recently with Ali Siddiq that is definitely worth listening to if you enjoy Joey Diaz prison stories. He goes into a tremendous rant about how to make a sandwich out of a honey bun and nutty buddy bars. Also, if you missed Ali as a guest on Ari Shaffir's podcast last month it's a good listen too.

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 22, 2015

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

toggle posted:

He sounds so dense.

There was an episode of O and A with Chris Morris (brainy British satire TV/film dude) and they both sounded so very very dumb when interviewing him. Worth a listen because he just fucks with them, Norton and Burr.

Thanks. Just checked it out. It wasn't too bad, though everyone did get their pet issues in which was nice to hear in a nostalgic way. Jim said this is good movie not like all the other movies like he says to everyone they interview. Ant had a few questions veering on "honest and open discussion" which backfired when Morris compared jihadists to the KKK not young black people like Anthony had expected. Bill Burr had a rant apropos of nothing about how men are always portrayed dumb in beer advertising. And Opie did ask him in a serious tone where he thinks Osama Bin Laden is and if he is still alive. I guess someone who wrote a satirical movie about jihadists would have the inside scoop? There was definitely a wide gap of intelligence between Morris and the guys.

Four Lions is a very good movie by the way.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
New Nick Dipaulo ep is awesome so far, they just brought in this dude who's explaining medicare funded rehab scams.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
I have a serious love/hate relationship with the Dr. Rhonda Patrick podcasts. It's nice because she isn't full of pseudoscience bullshit, but you also have to dig through her bullshit to find out what's actually worth looking into and what she's just personally on a kick about. She's always interesting though, I'll give her that.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Lots of geniuses itt talkin' about dumb ole Joe Rogan.

CortezFantastic posted:

Joe Rogan is loving stupid

Meh.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Lots of geniuses itt talkin' about dumb ole Joe Rogan.

Meh.

Is anyone in the world really offended by a dumb car in a dumb TV show or is it boring white people trying to find a fight? I watched the poo poo out of that show and never thought it made me a traitor to my race.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ariza posted:

Is anyone in the world really offended by a dumb car in a dumb TV show or is it boring white people trying to find a fight? I watched the poo poo out of that show and never thought it made me a traitor to my race.

Same, it's just a fad thing. It'll be back in a few years. What I've been saying for a while is if loving Michael Vick can come back and be welcomed into the gentle embrace of american mainstream, anything can.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

beep by grandpa posted:

Same, it's just a fad thing. It'll be back in a few years. What I've been saying for a while is if loving Michael Vick can come back and be welcomed into the gentle embrace of american mainstream, anything can.

Oh god I had forgotten about that. Vick's playing ball too, isn't he? Just got a three year prison vacation I guess.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh god I had forgotten about that. Vick's playing ball too, isn't he? Just got a three year prison vacation I guess.

Right in New York matter of fact.

Dumb ole joe rogan was in rare form today on the podcast with redban. Dude was so baked just going down rabbit holes, barely worth a listen, but its better than the radio.

Kirik Jenness and Chris from the UG on today. Should be a fun one, I'm pretty sure Rogan has been on the UG since the dark ages, he knows all the in jokes and poo poo. Kirik seems cool, but Chris's online persona always seemed dorkish to me.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Joe thinks John Oliver and Colbert are the same person

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

Joe thinks John Oliver and Colbert are the same person

They're not?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Evil Agita: "... ... ... that's hilarious."

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ahahah the latest Rogan-Redban episode opens up with Rogan talking about the planned parenthood takedown videos and Redban's actually the intelligent one for once.

e: "4, 8, 12 weeks... that's six months old, that's a fuckin baby!" :downs:

bango skank fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 27, 2015

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

bango skank posted:

Ahahah the latest Rogan-Redban episode opens up with Rogan talking about the planned parenthood takedown videos and Redban's actually the intelligent one for once.

e: "4, 8, 12 weeks... that's six months old, that's a fuckin baby!" :downs:

I liked hearing Joe be confused and outraged at the idea that it's possible for anybody but a genius to replace the audio track of a video.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The first half of the Abby Martin ep was brutal, had to shut it down.

Jeff Ross was amazing. "I look like Bruce Willis drowned."

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jeff Ross was amazing. "I look like Bruce Willis drowned."

Agreed, enjoyable episode. The recent one with Justin Wren is good too.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I tried to watch an old episode with her once and she was doing news anchor voice and needlessly repeating the name "Joe" over and over again like she was on network TV.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

First time I listened to her. It was miserable, I gave up pretty quickly. Joe was calling her out a bit but I wish he pushed it more, then at least it would've been at least entertaining. I think I shut it off when she claimed that the guy she's feuding with can't discuss politics because he's a scientist. She of course however can speak with authority on all thing political because she has a polisci BA. The Wren episode was good again, track down the one he did before if you liked his most recent appearance.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 28, 2015

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Gad Saad got a bit ticked about the "wont debate a neuroscientist" thing Abby Martin said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The Jay Leno episode was actually quite good. I was expecting Joe to be overly reverent and for them to talk about cars the majority of the time but neither of those things happened. It ended up being a pretty cool comedy history lesson (well beyond "Let me tell you about Boston comedy in the 80s") and it was a short easy listen (1hr 30 mins). I'd recommend it to anyone else who was skeptical like me.