Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shadow0 posted:

I was wondering about that. They basically get a free Zoan power from birth, and then could eat a Devil's Fruit to gain an extra power?

Can I tell him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

I was wondering about that. They basically get a free Zoan power from birth, and then could eat a Devil's Fruit to gain an extra power?

Have you met my pal Pekoms?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

The filler is over but the padding isn't. Spent an entire episode climbing a loving cliff. OK technically elephant rear end

And now they're on an island full of furries. Which appear to somehow be distinct from people who ate Zoan-fruits?

Thanks! I'll start watching it. What episode does it start back up again?

I don't really mind the padding because I watch them in ~1 month chunks. It gets frustrating sometimes but I enjoy the anime too much. I really wish there was some sort of mixed medium that combines music and manga so appropriate plays automatically on specific pages.

Julias posted:

Just think of the minks as the land-based version of Fishmen.
Wat.

Ok I really have to catch up. This actually explains Law's bear man. I always thought he wore a mask or something.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 30, 2016

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Ready to have your mind blown even more? We may have encountered a Mink (or half-Mink) as early as the Usopp intro arc.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

Thanks! I'll start watching it. What episode does it start back up again?

751 is the first episode post-filler arc, though tbh that's basically a catch-up episode It starts with Barto telling his crew the stories of how the various Straw Hats joined

jassa posted:

Ready to have your mind blown even more? We may have encountered a Mink (or half-Mink) as early as the Usopp intro arc.

Yeah, I remember the butler dude with horns, have there been any other potential Minks around? It may explain a few of the weirder beastmen and beast features from Thriller Bark (Absalom) and Punk Hazard.

I did a little reading around, the Mink Tribe themselves were first mentioned in the slave price list in the Archipelago arc, so they've been planned for a while.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

751 is the first episode post-filler arc, though tbh that's basically a catch-up episode It starts with Barto telling his crew the stories of how the various Straw Hats joined

Yeah, I remember the butler dude with horns, have there been any other potential Minks around? It may explain a few of the weirder beastmen and beast features from Thriller Bark (Absalom) and Punk Hazard.

I did a little reading around, the Mink Tribe themselves were first mentioned in the slave price list in the Archipelago arc, so they've been planned for a while.

Besides the obvious Bepo and Pekoms (full Minks), Beast Tamer Mohji from Buggy's crew could be part-Mink.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

Besides the obvious Bepo and Pekoms (full Minks), Beast Tamer Mohji from Buggy's crew could be part-Mink.

Nah, Oda confirmed he just has crazy hair.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So, I started rewatching the anime just skipping ahead to the most recent episods involving their (spoiler tags just in case) flashback to Jack and... It's actually pretty decent? The new animator they're using is a nice modern and fluid look to the show and the filler isn't horribly noticeable as with most of Dressrosa.

Is it because I love this particular arc a lot from the manga that I'm willing to give this one a pass? Am I easily amused? Is it genuinely good? Please help, I am bad at the animes.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The animation in 653 was amazing! There were some shots that could easily be made into some great desktop backgrounds.

Anyone else find the start of new arcs kinda frustrating? It usually goes something like:

New Island
Luffy runs off somewhere and gets in trouble
Group gets separated
New characters are introduced
We slowly and painfully learn what's going on
Constantly getting blue balled as new character interrupt the characters

It's one of the main reasons why I watch several episodes at once (the other is, padding...). A really good example is sanji's disappearance. Really Nami? You're crying, upset and then the next shot is you celebrating with everyone. This could be anime only though but probably not.

I'm still enjoying OP but the manga artist really needs to introduce new arcs differently. This one seems to be moving at better face though.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Lump posted:

The animation in 653 was amazing! There were some shots that could easily be made into some great desktop backgrounds.

Anyone else find the start of new arcs kinda frustrating? It usually goes something like:

New Island
Luffy runs off somewhere and gets in trouble
Group gets separated
New characters are introduced
We slowly and painfully learn what's going on
Constantly getting blue balled as new character interrupt the characters

It's one of the main reasons why I watch several episodes at once (the other is, padding...). A really good example is sanji's disappearance. Really Nami? You're crying, upset and then the next shot is you celebrating with everyone. This could be anime only though but probably not.

I'm still enjoying OP but the manga artist really needs to introduce new arcs differently. This one seems to be moving at better face though.

I mostly just get frustrated with the whole only Luffy can save this island of people thing that happens more and more grandiosely each arc. Everyone just standing around watching Luffy is just weird to me.

I really loved the last episode though.

Capone's power is really really cool. I like the creative fruits like his and Law's.

I also really didn't expect that reveal with Sanji. I think someone spoiled to me something about a girl, so I expected that it was all just Sanji running off; I'm glad that wasn't the case.

I had been thinking for a while now that the cast doesn't really have anything about them worth exploring anymore, so I'm super glad to see where this is going and that someone's backstory is getting added to.

I had also been thinking before that many of the characters presumably have parents, but they never get mentioned at all.
Nami, Franky, Zoro - most of the characters really. Luffy's mother never gets mentioned. I guess it's really common for anime characters to not have parents, but I did always feel like something was kind of missing.
I really don't think Luffy's mother or grandmother will ever get mentioned though.

I'm also excited about Sanji's Red Line crossing. I only vaguely remembered he was from North Blue, but I didn't bother to check which side of the Line it was on.

Seems like things are picking up.
It is weird though that the adventure on the island happened before Luffy got there and now it's just all flashbacks. Especially since the narrator keeps saying it is where their new adventure will take place. I'm sure something will happen though.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
No posts in over a month, am I the last person watching One Piece that doesn't read the manga?

It seems next episode is going to be huge, but episode titles always describe the last 10 seconds of the episode rather than the actual content.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I still only watch :)

The ending of last episode was a little over the top ridiculous I thought but we'll see how it plays out.

I just can't believe that random townsfolk knew the whole time but would willingly watch their families and friends get murdered without saying a word.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SpartanIV posted:

I still only watch :)

The ending of last episode was a little over the top ridiculous I thought but we'll see how it plays out.

I just can't believe that random townsfolk knew the whole time but would willingly watch their families and friends get murdered without saying a word.

Haha, that's good. I honestly thought I might be the only one (or I scared everyone off from this thread with my bad posting...).

All of Oda's islands are always populated entirely by townsfolk of infinite integrity (except Whiskey Peak and I guess Gr[a/e?]y Terminal). Though I guess they did all lie about Raizo, so I guess "integrity" might not be the right word.

I'm more surprised that they didn't hide the children in the whale tree as well. Or just hide everyone, really.
I guess the bomb was a bit of a surprise though.
Of course, as always, despite all this, there were 0 deaths. Caesar is really really bad at making lethal weapons.

Edit:
I guess I'll just edit my post in the hopes that future generations will want to talk about the anime. :(

These Red Stones are the biggest reveal we've had in a long time. Finally, the end is coming into sight.

After the last episode, I thought the 4 stones meant that we'd have at least 4 more islands + the Yonko arcs, but it seems there will be some overlap. It still looks like One Piece will go on for another 10 years at least. I'm actually kind of disappointed that both Yonko Luffy was already going to fight have one of the stones, but also Shanks and White/Blackbeard don't have one. Though the last one's location is unknown so.

Also, despite what Nami might think, 3 points or 2 lines would be enough to define any point on a 2D surface, unless the island is possibly a sky island. Though maybe they need special instructions how to avoid reefs or any other sailing dangers. Otherwise, 2 points is probably enough, really, you could just sail in a straight line, though One Piece naval physics and logposes and everything make that impossible I guess.

Now we finally have a better explanation for how Gold Roger was able to reach Raftel than "He could hear the voices of all things." It seems Oden was his translator.

Robin is the only crew member that is absolutely indispensable. Without Robin, Luffy has no way of reaching One Piece. It's kind of funny to think that Robin could become the Pirate King on her own, but Luffy could not. Even accounting for marines and pirates, she just needs to keep her head down, and find the stones without stirring up trouble like Luffy does. She could even use her power to read the stones without anyone knowing. And in a less turbulent era, there aren't really that many natural obstacles to stop her. She could have secretly become the Pirate King without anyone noticing.
Theoretically she would probably need a large ship and crew to cross the oceans, but that could be staffed with anyone. Then the only problem would be raiding pirates, and the Marines that are already hunting her for her forbidden knowledge.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 25, 2016

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Wow there's 3 of us!

Agreed on the red stones and even Raftel, for whatever reason it was new to me (guess I missed it previously). That was really heart breaking hearing Kine'mon talk about his country and his master.

I really hope Luffy doesn't do something stupid like declare he's now a retainer, I guess the big reveal for next week is probably a declaration of war against Kaido

One thing I didn't understand is: who's the lord of Wano kingdom? I assumed it was Oden, Momo's father but it sounded like it was Kaido. Which means either Kaido invaded Wano or he is actually from Wano. The other confusing bit is: why would Kaido kill Oden who is, as far has he is concerned, the only person in the world who can read the stones? Unless I'm getting confused by the translation but I thought only the lords (Oden and Momo) could read the scripture. Secondly, what do the containers know that required protection (resulting in the execution of Oden)?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Shadow0 posted:

Also, despite what Nami might think, 3 points or 2 lines would be enough to define any point on a 2D surface, unless the island is possibly a sky island. Though maybe they need special instructions how to avoid reefs or any other sailing dangers. Otherwise, 2 points is probably enough, really, you could just sail in a straight line, though One Piece naval physics and logposes and everything make that impossible I guess.

You'd need 3 points minimum, if you only had 2 points you don't know which 2 they are and there's a 2/3 chance the line will just trace the edge of the square that all 4 would form. If you have 3 then you can travel all 3 lines and find the island eventually, assuming it's possible to follow the lines (which in One Piece most likely you can't for reasons).

Suspicious Lump posted:

Wow there's 3 of us!

Make that 4 :)

Suspicious Lump posted:

One thing I didn't understand is: who's the lord of Wano kingdom? I assumed it was Oden, Momo's father but it sounded like it was Kaido. Which means either Kaido invaded Wano or he is actually from Wano. The other confusing bit is: why would Kaido kill Oden who is, as far has he is concerned, the only person in the world who can read the stones? Unless I'm getting confused by the translation but I thought only the lords (Oden and Momo) could read the scripture. Secondly, what do the containers know that required protection (resulting in the execution of Oden)?

To me it sounded like Oden was the head of his specific family of stonemasons. The Shogun of Wano (the lord) likely had him executed by Kaido either because helping Roger was treasonous or because he refused to translate the stones.

From the Baroque Works arc we know that some poneglyphs hold details about the three great weapons so it's likely that Kaido / the Shogun were after those.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Lump posted:

Wow there's 3 of us!

Agreed on the red stones and even Raftel, for whatever reason it was new to me (guess I missed it previously). That was really heart breaking hearing Kine'mon talk about his country and his master.

I really hope Luffy doesn't do something stupid like declare he's now a retainer, I guess the big reveal for next week is probably a declaration of war against Kaido

Oden was a daimyo, which is like a duke. He leads his clan, land, and family, but he is under the shogun, which can be thought of as a king.

It does seem silly to kill him though. Not sure what his plan to find the island now is. I guess in a non-One Piece setting, he could just sail around until he stumbles upon it. But I could think of a bunch of One Pieceian reasons why you'd still never be able to find it doing that in their world.

One thing I didn't understand was the battle to free Doflamingo. Was that just a dream or something? Also the Marines have some super powerful people on those boats, I can't imagine Mr. Mammoth (I'm so bad at remembering names) winning on his own.

I really wonder what will become of the Three Great Weapons. I want to know more about those. I always think now of the Movie Z when they mention them because apparently the Navy held weapons of equal or even greater destructive power the whole time, but no one makes a big deal about it.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Do we really need the spoiler tags any more considering most people who read this will be up to date with the Anime anyway? Just in case:

Jack leaving to try free Doflamingo was real, he was just flashing back to it in the last episode. He probably underestimated the Navy/overestimated his own power by trying to capture/free Doflamingo with just the one ship. Most likely he's heading back to Zou to get owned by the Straw Hats.

I kinda hope that he turns out to actually be less powerful than Doflamingo was, I enjoyed the one sided beatdown of Hody Jones as a change of pace to the usual 'hero almost gets beat but pulls out a clutch win at the last moment' scenario and it'd help hammer home how outmatched Jack was versus the Navy entrusted to transport Doflamingo. Though most likely they'll have Luffy go up to 4th Gear anyway.

As for killing Oden, Kaido doesn't seem to be a very long-term plan kinda guy. He probably just lost his temper and did it without thinking. Besides, do we even know if he's bothered about the One Piece himself? Last we saw him he was trying to commit suicide by jumping off a skyland.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

I really wonder what will become of the Three Great Weapons. I want to know more about those. I always think now of the Movie Z when they mention them because apparently the Navy held weapons of equal or even greater destructive power the whole time, but no one makes a big deal about it.

This is why you should ignore the movies. (Not just the Dyna Stones specifically, but also things like Zoro's mysteriously absent injuries from Thriller Bark, a guy who took Garp and Sengoku working together to beat going down to pre-skip Luffy because he just stood there and took Luffy's attack, Gild Tesoro having political power equal to the World Nobles...)

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Silver2195 posted:

This is why you should ignore the movies. (Not just the Dyna Stones specifically, but also things like Zoro's mysteriously absent injuries from Thriller Bark, a guy who took Garp and Sengoku working together to beat going down to pre-skip Luffy because he just stood there and took Luffy's attack, Gild Tesoro having political power equal to the World Nobles...)

Yeah, normally I do ignore the movies, but I was under the impression some of them, like Z, were "canon".

Zark the Damned posted:

Do we really need the spoiler tags any more considering most people who read this will be up to date with the Anime anyway?

There's still the occasional person that pops up to say they've just started watching, so I guess it's better safe than sorry.
YouTube's been giving me a bunch of manga spoilers recently from related videos (like the video titles or the preview images), which is annoying, but obviously it's hard for an algorithm to filter that kind of stuff.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

as far as i know strong world is the only one that is canon, but it also doesn't affect anything at all so that doesn't really matter. film z can't be canon for a bunch of reasons, one of the biggest being that they meet aokiji in it.

the movies are fun though so who cares

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I let twenty or so episodes build up and I'm currently watching Ryunosuke the dragon trying to carry them up the elephants leg and it's wonderful. I'm so happy Law got in on being excited about meeting a ninja. Also Robin is right the pig dragon is cute.

Man I wish the fansubbers would go back to Straw Hatter and Traf instead of Tra-Guy and Straw hat-ya though

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

Last we saw [Kaido] he was trying to commit suicide by jumping off a skyland.
Oh man forgot about that, here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMRPyMoa39g

Good point about Kaido, he's goal is probably not One Piece but something entirely different. Probably trying to instigate another war so he can die.

Shadow0: Thanks for explaining the hierarchy, makes a lot of sense now! Especially why the lord could go off adventuring.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also did we get an updated bounty for Luffy post Doflamingo?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Should be "Trafo" :3:

I don't read subs though, they've been sucking pretty bad so often I stopped

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Truga posted:

Should be "Trafo" :3:

I don't read subs though, they've been sucking pretty bad so often I stopped

Yeah that also works! I just hate "this is exactly what it says" translations instead of ones that actually interpret the idea or meaning into something more natural.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Also did we get an updated bounty for Luffy post Doflamingo?

yeah Bart showed them all off.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kild posted:

Ah good stuff I'll go find that episode now then. It's awkward to google the bounty directly!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

I let twenty or so episodes build up and I'm currently watching Ryunosuke the dragon trying to carry them up the elephants leg and it's wonderful. I'm so happy Law got in on being excited about meeting a ninja. Also Robin is right the pig dragon is cute.

I made the mistake of not watching that episode with headphones on. People in the room were not happy to hear "Ryuunosuke! *High pitched squeal!* Ryuunosuke! *High pitched squeal!* Ryuunosuke! *High pitched squeal!*" repeated ad nauseum apparently. It was really cute-looking though.

Suspicious Lump posted:

Oh man forgot about that, here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMRPyMoa39g

Good point about Kaido, he's goal is probably not One Piece but something entirely different. Probably trying to instigate another war so he can die.

Shadow0: Thanks for explaining the hierarchy, makes a lot of sense now! Especially why the lord could go off adventuring.

No problem, I was actually confused myself at first too.

Not sure why Kaido doesn't just jump into the ocean. Or eat a Devil's Fruit then do it.

It's also weird that they call him the strongest thing alive, but that was supposed to be Whitebeard? Or maybe now he is?
The whole "strongest" or "weakest" labeling in One Piece almost never seems to make sense though (especially with the Devil's Fruits).

Side note: I wonder why the Kid Alliance is targeting Shanks. Just for just his position? I guess not many people know about the Red Stones so that could be a factor why they chose him over the others.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 31, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

I made the mistake of not watching that episode with headphones on. People in the room were not happy to hear "Ryuunosuke! *High pitched squeal!* Ryuunosuke! *High pitched squeal!* Ryuunosuke! *High pitched squeal!*" repeated ad nauseum apparently. It was really cute-looking though.

No problem, I was actually confused myself at first too.

Not sure why Kaido doesn't just jump into the ocean. Or eat a Devil's Fruit then do it.

It's also weird that they call him the strongest thing alive, but that was supposed to be Whitebeard? Or maybe now he is?
The whole "strongest" or "weakest" labeling in One Piece almost never seems to make sense though (especially with the Devil's Fruits).

Side note: I wonder why the Kid Alliance is targeting Shanks. Just for just his position? I guess not many people know about the Red Stones so that could be a factor why they chose him over the others.

Whitebeard was the strongest man alive. Kaido is the strongest thing alive. He appears to be some sort of Giant similar to Oars so that's likely the reason behind the title difference.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Kild posted:

Man, between "God Usopp" and "Only Alive" I never really noticed Robin's new picture. It's pretty badass.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Everything about those wanted posters is amazing.

Luffy, one of the most wanted men of the New World has a happy and friendly picture along with a super bounty
Nami's picture was taken while she was at the pool and thought she was modeling
Zoro looks like he's wicked hung over
Sanji is chasing some woman
Usopp has the most intimidating wanted poster picture ever, and now has the title of God
Brook's poster is a loving concert flyer
Robin is ~super mysterious~ looking
God drat Chopper is eating cotton candy and has a $100 bounty which always makes me laugh
Franky's picture is actually of the robot he built

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yup those are pretty cool, I am tempted to nab some posters of them at some point.

Also still amuses me that Usopp has the 3rd highest bounty despite being amongst the weakest of the crew, such is propaganda I guess :)

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

lowercase16 posted:

Man, between "God Usopp" and "Only Alive" I never really noticed Robin's new picture. It's pretty badass.

I missed this whole scene and how much details are in it. I love the fate that Brooks wanted poster is actually his concert poster.

About Robin: The flash back reminded me how loving awesome she was and how much her design rocked. Now look at her, what the gently caress is she wearing:

High heels and the tiniest shorts. I really hate what Oda did post time skip to the female crew members :(

At least she's no longer sidelined anymore.

quote:

Also still amuses me that Usopp has the 3rd highest bounty despite being amongst the weakest of the crew, such is propaganda I guess
I think Usopp is actually one of the more dangerous members when in you consider his abilities: super accurate highly variable long range assassin. Most of them are up close attackers while Usopp is a sniper who can takeout Saints or other highly protected individuals.
But yeah, mostly propaganda and started a revolt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's really hosed up that the resistance remove women's ribcages when you join them

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"Man it'll be pretty hard to beat Master Cat Viper as a name"

"Duke Dogstorm"

"Yeah that'll do it"

I'm pretty underwhelmed by Jack after it turns out he is the first one billion berri man. He just got judo flipped by a fat cat.

e: Though I am loving that Oda is changing up their outfits even more than usual lately. I didn't like Luffy's last shirt because I think his new standard shirt looks great but loving Chopper's american football outfit in this episode for example.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 2, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the dub Franky voice more than the original voice

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What are the plot points you hope Oda follows up on in the future?

I still really hope they follow up on the Don Krieg story one day. That guy said he'd meet Sanji again on the Grand Line, but I'm starting to worry it's never going to happen.

Similarly, Zoro's cursed sword and the two other ones. I hope something comes of that.
And I hope Tashigi finally gets stronger. Every single character that fights her either shows her to be or just flat out calls her weak, but, at least initially, her character seemed to be about how women can be strong swordsmen or something. The way it is now, she seems to hold her rank only because Smoker likes her.

Also, Morgan. But I guess that's an end-game thing for Coby, so I don't think we will see a resolution to that until near the end of the story.

Apparently Jonny and that other guy are just living on Nami's island now. For a very long time, I thought they'd make another appearance. I guess there's a lot of things expanded on in the manga that don't make it into the anime. Which seems like it would be a better way to pad out the episodes, but I guess it would require more work to do.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shadow0 posted:

Apparently Jonny and that other guy are just living on Nami's island now. For a very long time, I thought they'd make another appearance. I guess there's a lot of things expanded on in the manga that don't make it into the anime. Which seems like it would be a better way to pad out the episodes, but I guess it would require more work to do.

They actually did do a couple arcs from the cover page stories, which is what usually fills in what's going on with the rest of the world. They did Coby and Helmeppo joining up with Garp while Morgan escaped, and they did the adventures of Buggy after Luffy bazookad him off the island without half his body parts.

For some reason they felt the cover arcs were bad for ratings. Then years later they gave up all pretense of giving a poo poo and went to padding out chapters so they fill an episode, because gently caress you you're going to watch anyway. So they don't give a poo poo now, but still don't want to use actual cover arcs to pad things out while maintaining a reasonable pace.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They did eventually make some cover stories into episodes... the whereabouts of the Straw Hats after Kuma punched them all off Shabody were all originally cover arcs, but they're so important to the plot that they were basically forced to animate them or else nobody watching the show would have any idea what's happening.

I guess the rule is "if it doesn't star the main characters, it won't get animated"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I just finished the first 48. It feels a bit slow, but I like the way it's developing. I like it when Sanji kicks things and Smoker seems like an alright guy for a cop.