Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why isn't king Dunlap released yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The dolphins moves so far have been really good. Very happy with everything.

No clue why people seem to think Stills is our #3 receiver when that's not really how a Gase offense works but sure let's not sign the 24 year old with proven top quality production at a position (deep threat) that is vital to the execution of every offensive look.

We overpaid Branch, but we obviously are freaked at our lack of depth. That's a shame. I give that a C-.

The Stills signing is an A-. He doesn't have crazy yards but he was a touchdown machine. 9 vs Jacksons 4, and he's still 24. He's only going to improve.

The Timmons signing is great. I've been a fan of his for a while. He won't be a stud but he's not being paid like one either. I expect him to be a solid starter.

Nate Allan is a cheap signing. We do this every year. But lol I guess.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mike Tannenbaum is a changed man

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh and Pryor is better than Jeffrey. If Washington will let him roam and gets him a QB who can improvise a bit oh baby he's good. Jeffrey is also a fat route cutting slob. I do not understand 89s love for him but I'll chalk it up to false hope. Could be a strong #2 tho.

The more I think about it the more I don't really like Larsen. If we don't sign a guard who is mediocre (at the least) then I'll be upset with Grier and Tannebaum. So far though, quality free agency so far.

And everyone saying Miami must hate cap - they are constantly in the teens of cap room so uh yeah

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't know much about Larsen but he is on PFF as an average player and he can apparently play G and C, so that versatility is good for when Pouncey's hip goes out again.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
One year WR Pryor better than Jeffrey?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Is Remmers really that much worse than Kalil? I thought he looked alright to good for at least a short period in his career. Kalil has always been poo poo, excluding his rookie year, right? I don't know enough about these two to form an opinion.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
is kirk 49er yet

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Is Remmers really that much worse than Kalil? I thought he looked alright to good for at least a short period in his career. Kalil has always been poo poo, excluding his rookie year, right? I don't know enough about these two to form an opinion.

Reilly Reiff and Mike Remmers are definite improvements over Matt Kalil and TJ Clemmings. That is as much a damning statements of the latter players as it is praise of the former.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

89 posted:

One year WR Pryor better than Jeffrey?

Him being a WR for a year only, makes him look even better. He just started playing the position and already posted a 1000 yd season with a bunch of Browns QBs throwing at him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
As opposed to Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Him being a WR for a year only, makes him look even better. He just started playing the position and already posted a 1000 yd season with a bunch of Browns QBs throwing at him

Jefffey has been doing that for years with Browns QBs caliber QBs

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I have mixed feelings on Jeffery. When he was paired with Marshall, the duo was dynamite. Since Marshall left, the Bears offense has struggled mightily when Jeffery was not on the field. The Bears are going to have problems filling the hole in the roster he leaves behind.

The problem is that Jeffery was frequently not on the field the last two years, and even when he was, was often hobbled by some nagging injury. As far as actual ability, he was an amazing go up and get it guy, but the next tackle I see him slip will be his first. After Marshall was traded, Alshon's red zone production dropped precipitously, but that may also be a function of a lagging offense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Turns out dumping Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett doesn't improve your offense

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ribtstu posted:

is kirk 49er yet

Check again in 2018.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Best case scenario: Kyle bombs badly in SF and is fired as York struggles to be even more toxic than Haslam, the Texans hire him at OC and Kirk signs with them

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If anyone cares, Barnwell has been analyzing and tossing a grade up for each pick as they happen: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx2017FAgrades/bill-barnwell-grades-big-2017-free-agent-deals-nfl

The A's he's handed out so far are Alshon Jeffrey and Prince Amukamura, while the D's are Reshad Jones, Matt Kalil, Malcolm Smith, Robert Woods, Kenny Stills, Kyle Juszyczyk and Andre Branch which is gonna make the Dolphfans mad.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Intruder posted:

Best case scenario: Kyle bombs badly in SF and is fired as York struggles to be even more toxic than Haslam, the Texans hire him at OC and Kirk signs with them

Probably also the absolute best 49ers fans can expect.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

I can't imagine a world where the 49ers would have 5 head coaches in 5 years but in a more realistic sense I can absolutely see this happening.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/840342826785353728

RIP Jared Cook

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kalli posted:

If anyone cares, Barnwell has been analyzing and tossing a grade up for each pick as they happen: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx2017FAgrades/bill-barnwell-grades-big-2017-free-agent-deals-nfl

The A's he's handed out so far are Alshon Jeffrey and Prince Amukamura, while the D's are Reshad Jones, Matt Kalil, Malcolm Smith, Robert Woods, Kenny Stills, Kyle Juszyczyk and Andre Branch which is gonna make the Dolphfans mad.

Eh.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cook is gone from GB.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Come to Carolina, Jared.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Dolphins usually get good FA grades from places like ESPN and we usually suck so I'm happy with the grade

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

Lmao I don't think Jay Cutler is quite to the level of Browns QBs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not down with this.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

:wow:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

gently caress yes!!!!!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Boooooooo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yes, I'd put Pryor above Jeffrey. You're acting like Jeffrey is a slam dunk when he's even going out of his way to take a prove it deal because he hasn't yet.

Comparing Manziel to Cutler lol

And I really have no idea how those grades make any sense but who cares. Ehud nailed it 1 every year Miami blows crazy money and they're declared winners so I'm okay with the direction we've taken.

I guess we will see. I think Jeffrey is a bust and Pryor will rule. I think the D Jackson signing was a bit nuts but hell do well with Jameis.

Branch signing still kinda sucks. C- might be too hard.

Great trade for Hayes though.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 11, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/840344998935691268

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Infidel Castro posted:

TT isn't going to sign Bennett because that would cost money, and I'm not super thrilled with the rest of the field.

Well I'm an idiot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Intruder posted:

As opposed to Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley

89 posted:

I was more referring to the poor notion that Pryor is a risk because he only has been playing WR for a year. To me that's a bonus, that he is already that good after 1 year dedicated to the position at a pro level

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Holy poo poo, never in my wildest dreams would I expect Ted to go Bennett over Cook.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I'm so happy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol oh ok Barnwell calls Jones a "good" safety ignoring he's been a top safety for three years

Yeah that's a trash article. Garcon as anything but a LOL signing is great

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I guess this is Ted's "Old FA reclamation project" of 2017?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy. That Jones guaranteed is flat out stupid though. C there as well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

eagles, my god. they have good management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Sad to see Bennett go, but hardly surprising. He wanted a big payday.

• Locked thread