Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

No other character in the game gets or can get a punishment so linked to sexuality and genitalia. When it happens to the one gay villain you have some weird subtext.

I think I may have killed that guy at some point in w2 but I don't remember some sort of punishment. Philippa was the craziest punishment I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

No other character in the game gets or can get a punishment so linked to sexuality and genitalia. When it happens to the one gay villain you have some weird subtext.

There is no subtext. What was done is entirely in character for Roche, who is an ultra nationalist, torturer, son of whore (literally and figurative). Also stop trying to make the drat game appeal to your sensibilities.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Huh? This must have been a part of lock moo even that I missed twice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Willfrey posted:

Figured I could try out other armors, swords. Noticed a lot of high level stuff I never tried because of witcher gear. Plus I found the diagram fetch quests a bit tedious

Yeah, there were a bunch of cool looking armor sets that I basically never bothered using because I was sticking with Witcher gear, so I wouldn't mind wearing some other stuff for a change.

It sucks you can't apply dyes to non-Witcher gear though.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Roche owns. I like when he throws his sword at a guy. Also all of his plot stuff. Going with him in act 2 of Witcher 2 is good poo poo. So is Iorveth, though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

vandalism posted:

Roche owns.

Mandatory repost :allears:

"gently caress!"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Savy Saracen salad posted:

There is no subtext. What was done is entirely in character for Roche, who is an ultra nationalist, torturer, son of whore (literally and figurative). Also stop trying to make the drat game appeal to your sensibilities.

Yeah, nah. How about you stop trying to make this thread appeal to your sensibilities?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It was linked to sexuality and genitals because Dethmold raped Ves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RatHat posted:

It was linked to sexuality and genitals because Dethmold raped Ves.

Henselt raped Ves. Dethmold would have just flayed her.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh right. Well Roche definitely saw him as partially responsible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RatHat posted:

Oh right. Well Roche definitely saw him as partially responsible.

Well Dethmold was entirely responsible. He literally wanted to kill Ves along with the rest, but Henselt stopped him because he's a rapey shithead.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
So as I understand it, monsters do 'monster damage', meaning the slashing/piercing/bludgeoning values of armour are useless against them, but obviously monster resistance and the actual armour value are still worthwhile. Correct?

What I'm now wondering is whether animals that you kill with steel weapons, e.g. bears, count as 'monsters' for this purpose.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You use the steel sword against bears and wolves so I'm gonna say no.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, I just went into the fairy tale world. And instead of rabbits, there's freakin' Wolpertingers running around. Ahahaha, this is great. :haw:

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 16, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Magni posted:

So, I just went into the fairy tale world. And isntead of rabbits, there's freakin' Wolpertingers running around. Ahahaha, this is great. :haw:

Don't forget the unicorns, and what the one Geralt rides is named.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't forget to read the noticeboard, there's a contract there but also the other notices are loving hilarious.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

RatHat posted:

You use the steel sword against bears and wolves so I'm gonna say no.

In that case what resistance works against them, piercing?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Dammit, I patched to 1.22, but that golem is still invincible. Also for some reason I can't get alt Axii to work any more.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well Dethmold was entirely responsible. He literally wanted to kill Ves along with the rest, but Henselt stopped him because he's a rapey shithead.

Man I don't remember this part at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arglebargle III posted:

Man I don't remember this part at all.

You see a flashback of ves begging for the blue stripes release, and dethmold wants her dead for espionage but Henselt hears her out before raping her and giving dethmold permission to begin executions

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
Is Nexus Mod Manager not updating mods for anyone else? I have to manually check the website for every mod to update.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Jack of Hearts posted:

Dammit, I patched to 1.22, but that golem is still invincible. Also for some reason I can't get alt Axii to work any more.
You've probably tried it already but if not; do you have the enemy scaling on? Turn it off for the encounter if you do.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

His homosexuality also came out, like, seconds before that scene. It was a really weird misstep and felt like he was gay to somehow make him a more vile character, intentionally or not.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Just want to reiterate how amazing the equine phantoms quest is. It's very rare for a game to make me laugh out loud but that and the tax collector in HoS did the trick. Comte needs a raise.

Also two bugs I encountered that I haven't seen mentioned in the patch notes:
In the big feet to fill quest the game doesn't recognize when all the bandits attacking a caravan are dead.
(ending spoilers)I was visited by witcher Ciri instead of empress Ciri even though I never got the witcher ending in the base game

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Spite posted:

I realized I missed the gwent card during the heart of stone party. Can you get that another way?

Yeah it's still there, just go back. It's in the barn, in the attic I believe. Or do you mean you missed the gwent game, and thus the rear end ears? If so I think those are gone :(

Mizuti posted:

Has anyone tried The Appearance Mod? Stealing Roche's hat is tempting, but it looks super complicated and I'm not sure it's worth it.

It's not that complicated, you just need to copy paste stuff into some settings files, copy paste a few folders, and probably merge the scripts - Friendly HUD has a couple conflicts, at least. The script merger (it's on nexus) is easy to use. AMM hasn't been updated for 1.22 yet though.

Also get Dandelion's hat instead

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Jack of Hearts posted:

I had the same issue but solved it by running away, resting for an hour nearby and running back. That made the golem killable for me.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Levantine posted:

I had the same issue but solved it by running away, resting for an hour nearby and running back. That made the golem killable for me.

Same, if you can get out of combat and rest it seems to fix this issue.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Savy Saracen salad posted:

lmao please tell me what this means. Do I hate gays or am I an evil SJW

poptart_fairy posted:

His homosexuality also came out, like, seconds before that scene. It was a really weird misstep and felt like he was gay to somehow make him a more vile character, intentionally or not.
Yeah, I don't think it was intentional but it came out really badly. It's no big deal but it definitely wasn't handled well and should probably have been cut down a bit.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 16, 2016

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Probably a dumb question but do the different tiers of Abilities stack? So if I have the Yrden sustained glyph ability equipped would it make the magic trap tier last longer too?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay, time to knuckle down and get through this main campai-

Pellar: White Wolf, Wise Wolf, please help the Pellar!
Geralt: OF COURSE I WILL!

It's just so easy to get carried off on a chain reaction of quests in this game, even when you've already done all of them before!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Levantine posted:

yeah this works, rest closeby for an hour and it's killable.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Just had the dumbest death during a guarded treasure hunt, managed to kill all but one of the monsters guarding it with about 2 vitality left then dodged into a swarm of bees on a tree and died.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

All these awesome UI upgrades and bug fixes and stuff, and yet...yet...

That damned armourer in Novigrad still yells "Top notch swords!" at me whenever I talk to him. :eng99:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

10 Beers posted:

All these awesome UI upgrades and bug fixes and stuff, and yet...yet...

That damned armourer in Novigrad still yells "Top notch swords!" at me whenever I talk to him. :eng99:

Maybe he's selling all the best notched swords that Geralt's sold him that he's not good enough to fix?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How are HoS and Blood and Wine integrated into the main game? I'm a little ways past white orchard, and I'm just curious what kind of introduction or whatever they have, if any

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Bob NewSCART posted:

How are HoS and Blood and Wine integrated into the main game? I'm a little ways past white orchard, and I'm just curious what kind of introduction or whatever they have, if any

Quest marker pointing you to a contract on a noticeboard. You've got a long way ahead of you before you have to worry about the expansions though.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Bob NewSCART posted:

None really, all of the quality of life poo poo is integrated form the start, and the extra mechanics are locked by either high cash requirements or high level content.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lore question. Vesemir is stated to be the only survivor from when the peasants sacked Kaer Morhen, and that happened when he was a young Witcher. Now I am under the assumption that at least a few other Wolf School Witchers were away from the fortress at the time, but does that mean that Vesemir was responsible for training Geralt and Eskel as children? And would that make him complicit in the Trials of the Grasses and the extended mutations experimented on Geralt?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Think so but Vesemir was just the sword master, he would have been present but they had actual alchemists and potion masters doing the mutations back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I bought this game a long time ago but only just now have time to really get into it and drat it's really good! The world feels really "alive" compared to a lot of open world games