Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
honestly bioware animation has always kinda been meh at best but this just looks really, really terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
when I'm longing for fallout 4 levels of facial animation something has gone horribly awry

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does andromeda have this EA thing when you can pay money to make a poo poo resource gathering mechanic go faster?

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

TheAgent posted:

when I'm longing for fallout 4 levels of facial animation something has gone horribly awry

Oblivion will always ne the benchmark for "OH DEAR GOD KILL IT!" facial animations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

What you mean is you will miss a fish after getting tired of trying to find a decent shot at one. And while you are reloading a school of amberjack will just waltz past in front of you. Every single time.

This is extremely accurate, actually.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

Well, to put things in perspective, it's still at least one million times better than any game ever released by Derek Smart.

well crikey.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SelenicMartian posted:

Does andromeda have this EA thing when you can pay money to make a poo poo resource gathering mechanic go faster?

I'm not sure but if you're on PC you'll have to buy Bioware points in 1600 point increments to purchase your contents at 580 points/per

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

TheAgent posted:

honestly bioware animation has always kinda been meh at best but this just looks really, really terrible

Bad animations are my favourite thing, mind you. I loving love it when Star Citizen visually fucks up, so I'm going to be enjoying the week's worth of ME:A gifmania.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
At least I don't have to loving reinstall Origin and struggle with joy2key to get gamepad support in my PC port of a console game

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The literal worst is when you google for something like "mass effect 3 pc gamepad support" and find literal forum pages of people telling me to just buy my console game on a console if I want to play it with a gamepad because it's really hard for the developer to support gamepads on their pc ports of console games

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Lazrin is actually really right about how y'all went apeshit over ME:A, simply because it was another space game you could throw at the wall. It's p embarrasing how easy yall will flip flop in order to try to pretend you have any integrity

Y'all didnt just say "Hey ME:A looks good in these vids, hope its good" yall kept pointing to it and saying "This is how its done RIGHT! Take a look at this this is how a masterpiece is done" and lo and behold, the same group that spent $300k was wrong again about a video game

its like you're bad judges of video games through and through

what else have yall preordered so i can know what will be bad

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure I said ME:A was likely to be bad because the previous three games were bad, but whatevs.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Madcosby posted:

Star Citizen. Oh and Battletech :negative:

e: I didn't preorder ME:A though so who knows

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Madcosby posted:

Lazrin is actually really right about how y'all went apeshit over ME:A, simply because it was another space game you could throw at the wall. It's p embarrasing how easy yall will flip flop in order to try to pretend you have any integrity

Y'all didnt just say "Hey ME:A looks good in these vids, hope its good" yall kept pointing to it and saying "This is how its done RIGHT! Take a look at this this is how a masterpiece is done" and lo and behold, the same group that spent $300k was wrong again about a video game

I preordered Horizon Zero Dawn and Toukiden 2. Batting 1.000 so far. At least based on the tk2 demo it was definitely the better choice for games coming out on 21st.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm very protective of my video game opinion integrity because my interest in toys for babies is an important part of my self worth

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I've never played a Mass Effect game and hadn't really cared.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen. Oh and Battletech :negative:

e: I didn't preorder ME:A though so who knows

Did they gently caress up battletech? I thought that was going fine

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Did they gently caress up battletech? I thought that was going fine

As far as I know it is, but the implication is that the very act of me preordering it has ruined it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

all games are bad, hth

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
heres me reading that post

https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

ME:A pre-release - game looks fun

ME:A actual release - game looks bad

we should all be ashamed

SC pre-release: game looks bad
SC actual release: game looks fun

I can see this happening and all of you still ashamed.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
my face is tired, madcosby

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Madcosby posted:

I didn't spend money on either, imagine that. Pointing out that the trailers looked much more competent than the Morrow Tour is a pretty low bar for "hyping".

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure we've all said that if the game releases as billed we'd all play it because it would be amazing

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D1E posted:

Well, to put things in perspective, it's still at least one million times better than any game ever released by Derek Smart.

Hard to argue with this. Vehicles actually move.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

As far as I know it is, but the implication is that the very act of me preordering it has ruined it.

Well thank you rear end in a top hat

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

This would quickly turn into your worst nightmare.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nope, I'd just pay up, play the amazing game and admit I was wrong, in writing if you like. I really don't understand this mindset - we're still talking about a video game right?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure we've all said that if the game releases as billed we'd all play it because it would be amazing

Just not dropping money for it before-hand. Got it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well thank you rear end in a top hat

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE? NOOOOOOOO!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

There is no game. Get a refund.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm a backer though, so no idea what you're talking about

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

This would quickly turn into your worst nightmare.

Actually, one end of the PVP slider will just say "No Goons"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I must admit I'll feel pretty silly for not sinking thousands of dollars into it when I still had the chance.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Nope, I'd just pay up, play the amazing game and admit I was wrong, in writing if you like. I really don't understand this mindset - we're still talking about a video game right?

I don't need any of that. Unlike Derek and others, I don't require vindication. I'd probably play gently caress with you guys on my alt account or something, but I'm in this for the ride.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Mass Effect looks janky, take that goons!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You had over 2000 dollars in it lmbo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

This one of your sick owns?

I mean, it's good alright, just not up to your usual standards

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Uh guys

I got some bad news

I like the Mass Effect games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I must admit I'll feel pretty silly for not sinking thousands of dollars into it when I still had the chance.

When the game is released, and ship prices are 4x what they are now, what's not to say I can't sell or rent them out for cash?