Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You people take poo poo too seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ouhei posted:

Jesus tap dancing christ. This is really simple.

- Girl likes guy
- Guy also likes girl
- Guy asks girl out, she can't because a game is on at that time. Guy accepts this. [doesn't ask for a later time]
- Guy asks girl out again, she declines again because a game is on. Guy accepts this. [doesn't ask for a later time]
- Guy asks girl out a third time and is denied again. Girl hasn't proposed an alternative time to hang out and even has the balls to suggest I need to download the schedule and figure out another time. [girl texts and goes "well hey the game is over wanna hang still?" guy says no]
[guy assumes total rejection although he never actually made any effort to give a poo poo about her time/schedule/hobbies/activities]

She told him to dl the schedule bc she is obv confused as to why he keeps asking her out during game time. She's 19 and could have communicated better herself but it isn't entirely her fault is all I'm saying.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

its p sad that you admit you think it's normal to relentlessly pursue a woman despite her clear disinterest and that her lack of interest is just a sign that you're not putting in enough effort

zakharov posted:

Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

a pizza slice becomes a sandwich if you fold it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

its p sad that you admit you think it's normal to relentlessly pursue a woman despite her clear disinterest and that her lack of interest is just a sign that you're not putting in enough effort

a pizza slice becomes a sandwich if you fold it

Generally when I ask someone out and they say "oh I'm busy then" I immediately follow up with an alternate time instead of assuming I'm being shot down entirely like a sadbrained goon.

Generally when someone says "this is my favorite activity to do" I then work around that when asking for their time/company esp if I am a near total stranger bc I'm not assuming I should be their highest priority.

:shrug:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Moridin920 posted:

Generally when I ask someone out and they say "oh I'm busy then" I immediately follow up with an alternate time instead of assuming I'm being shot down entirely like a sadbrained goon.

Generally when someone says "this is my favorite activity to do" I then work around that when asking for their time/company esp if I am a near total stranger bc I'm not assuming I should be their highest priority.

:shrug:

please dont admit that you harass women into dating you itt

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

She played the tsundere card too long

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol you people are insisting I am socially inept while revealing the depths of your insanity it's great

dudes sometimes people are legit busy when asked to hang out, it's not automatically total rejection you weirdos and it isn't harassing to say "oh dang what about [alternate time]?"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Moridin920 posted:

K well I'm assuming they are English and watching your fav football club play isn't really just "watching TV doing nothing" over there.

This is the dumbest poo poo. I know that soccer is like a religion there, but guess what? Other sports are followed just as closely around the world! More people per overall population watch the Super Bowl in America than watch the World Cup in the UK. Anyone prioritizing sports to the degree that they're blowing off other people is a moron, and I say that as someone who follows three teams across three sports nearly every game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Just ignore Mordin and his hosed up views of interaction, Jesus.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

food court bailiff posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo. I know that soccer is like a religion there, but guess what? Other sports are followed just as closely around the world! More people per overall population watch the Super Bowl in America than watch the World Cup in the UK. Anyone prioritizing sports to the degree that they're blowing off other people is a moron, and I say that as someone who follows three teams across three sports nearly every game.

Yeah well you're not supreme arbiter of what everyone must prioritize lol. She very clearly told him 2x that she wants to watch Arsenal play and he asked her out a third time during an Arsenal game like a dumbo.

CharlestheHammer posted:

pretty much nothing I'm saying is "hosed up" lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The real simple answer is if it was a dude watching the NFL, no one would support him at all.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The real simple answer is if it was a dude watching the NFL, no one would support him at all.

well handegg is different

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

:yeah:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd support him while at the same time thinking he is silly for prioritizing sports so much. But ultimately that's not really for me to judge and if he clearly tells someone 2x that he won't go on a date during his favorite activity, the schedule of which is easily obtainable public knowledge, and she asks him to interrupt favorite activity a third time and gets rejected again then lol.

Esp since at no point did the person doing the asking out say "oh well what about later after the game?" like a normal person would, despite you people insisting that is harassment (loving lol).

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Shuuuuuut the gently caress Uuuuuuuuppppp:gary:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

....please......

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Moridin920 posted:

lol you dudes are so bitter and hate filled and you're trying to tell me that you're better at interacting with people?

:lol: you think you actually register as a person, and not a poor facsimile

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Shuuuuuut the gently caress Uuuuuuuuppppp:gary:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here is a story to hopefully move the thread on:

Unpacked my [30F] boyfriend's [27M] suitcase and found a few strange things

quote:

My boyfriend was gone for a few weeks and just got back on Friday. I got home from work at 7am this morning, just as my boyfriend was leaving for work. I noticed that he still hadn't unpacked his suitcase and I figured I could give him a hand because I still had some energy left after my shift.

As I was sorting items into laundry and dry cleaning, I case across a bag and opened it. It was filled with anal sex toys. At first I was thinking that maybe he was into some stuff that he didn't feel comfortable telling me about so I just closed the bag and left it in his suitcase. Then I was going through some different compartments in his suitcase and came across a a ton of condoms. There were no used condoms in the bag, but you can clearly see where some condoms had been ripped off from the pack.

Now to rewind a bit. Over the weekend I was teasing my boyfriend because he works with this cute little Russian girl named Irina. I was saying...ooohh, so did Irina come back to your hotel room? I was just joking around. I know he has a little office crush on her but nothing serious. Well, he said yes, she had gone to his room. He claims she just stepped in for a minute while he picked up his laptop because they were working on a project together. I thought this was a little strange, but up until now I've had no reason to doubt him.

Should I directly question my boyfriend about the sex toys and condoms or should I wait for him to see that I unpacked his luggage. Also, do you consider this definitive proof that he is cheating? I was thinking maybe he had condoms left in his bag from a trip that we had taken together and never bothered to take them out. The anal sex toys seems out of place, but maybe he wanted to try some new stuff?

We've been together for 10 years and we've never kept secret from each other. If he is into anal play I honestly feel like he would have told me so we could try it.

TL;DR: Boyfriend went on a business trip. Admits to bringing female co-worker back to his hotel room but states that nothing happened. Then I find anal sex toys and loads of condoms in his luggage. Is this proof that he is cheating?

I'm 50/50 on either he's cheating or he secretly loves butt stuff and they're all his toys.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
"help a guy i like asked me out 3 times but i keep turning him down and not suggesting an alternate time and now he thinks i don't want to hang out with him????? what do????"

get a clue lady

GF (26f) has an interesting hobby... should I be worried? (me, 29m)

quote:

Been dating this beautiful, wonderful girl since March of last year, so that's one year now. She's seriously beautiful and has a really funny, adorable personality.
Umm but last night I kind of "caught" her looking at some hosed up poo poo on the Internet. Like hosed up gory, bloody videos, that kind of site. She was just watching this video on her phone of a guy being tortured and beheaded, some kind of gang video, and had NO reaction to it whatsoever. I, on the other hand, started freaking out and I couldn't watch it or even listen to the noises coming from it and I made her turn it off. And then she showed me some of the other pictures on that site, which was just all murder and gore and nasty poo poo. She just said she's super interested in those kinds of things and it doesn't really shock her or scare her since she's seen those things online since she was like in middle school??

I guess it's kind of like internet rubbernecking but it was really disturbing to me and I just couldn't stomach it. Maybe that makes me a weaker man than she is lol. But she just said it's a "hobby" and also mentioned how watching those things kind of numbs and desensitizes her to her own first world problems, or if anything like that happens, she'll be less affected by it.

Man, I am not the type of person who faints at the sight of blood but that sort of thing just makes my stomach churn. It's total nightmare fuel. Should I be worried about her in any way? It's not that I'm worried she's a serial killer or anything, but that is kind of a hosed up hobby. At the same time I am also kind of amazed by her steel nerves. It's weird because she can watch that sort of thing while I'm dry-heaving next to her.. but then she'll start bawling because she met a kitten at an animal shelter that she can't adopt because she's allergic. I mean, man.

Is she okay? Should I encourage her to not look at those things or is it not a big deal?

tl;dr My girlfriend is super interested in gore and murder type videos and photos online.. should I be concerned or is this just one of her quirks to leave alone?

which one of you is the gf?

Streak fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 16, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah well you're not supreme arbiter of what everyone must prioritize lol. She very clearly told him 2x that she wants to watch Arsenal play and he asked her out a third time during an Arsenal game like a dumbo.

Shifting your priorities is a very important part of entering into a relationship, and people failing to do so is the cause of a hell of a lot of the posts in this thread.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I would not have picked that particular story as one to spawn a 5 page derail.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

zakharov posted:

I would not have picked that particular story as one to spawn a 5 page derail.

It's always the most mundane ones that bring out the weirdos.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

food court bailiff posted:

Shifting your priorities is a very important part of entering into a relationship, and people failing to do so is the cause of a hell of a lot of the posts in this thread.

Sure but 1 date is not entering a relationship and you shouldn't expect strangers to shift their priorities to accommodate you.

Also people have their own independent schedules that might conflict with your asking them out and that in of itself is not total rejection and they might be amenable to asking about an alternate time that would work better for them so why not ask instead of going "oh ok" and walking off assuming she hates you? Bc hey in this situation she actually did want to go out and if he had asked "well what about after the game?" the first time they would have gone out.

She sounds like a chav though tbh.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Moridin920 posted:

She told him to dl the schedule bc she is obv confused as to why he keeps asking her out during game time. She's 19 and could have communicated better herself but it isn't entirely her fault is all I'm saying.

The guy has made 3 loving ATTEMPTS at scheduling a date, the fact that they were all on game days is irrelevant since they play several games a week at different times and he clearly isn't a big enough fan to know when they are. It shouldn't be on him to know when she's unavailable to go on their first date, it's actually insulting to suggest to tell someone who's tried to ask you out three times to download a schedule of a football team to make sure you're free to go on a date, after the second time she should have checked the schedule her drat self and suggested a day or a few that would work for her.

As far as he's concerned he's now asked her out 3 times at different times of the day/week and has been rejected 3 times without proposing an alternative option. Keep in mind she texted him after the game was over if he still wanted to hang out, not before the game when she turned him down. A simple "I can't then, the game is on but I'd like to hang out after if you're free" probably would have saved her chances, but she didn't. Live and learn.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

WampaLord posted:

I'm 50/50 on either he's cheating or he secretly loves butt stuff and they're all his toys.

Seems a bit generous to me. I like the little pathetic half truth "yeah, she did come to my room (in case gf finds out somehow) but we did ummm like computer work stuff yeah

Oh those massive anal dildos and used condoms? Well.... uhhhh... didn't wanna get HIV from the dildo, yeah that's it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

He cheated, the 50/50 is whose butt those went into.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Look I'ma say this and then I'll drop it.

If I ask a girl out and she says "no I'm watching my fav team play then sorry" then a) I would say "oh dang what about after the game?" and b) I would take literally 5 seconds to check their schedule before asking her out again.

It's not like he has to conjure advanced majicks to scry their schedule.

quote:

A simple "I can't then, the game is on but I'd like to hang out after if you're free" probably would have saved her chances, but she didn't. Live and learn.

I agree and I've said a few times now that she's being a dim 19 year old about it. All I'm saying is I don't get why the dude is so inept here as well.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why are people always cheating? Like I seriously don't get it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ouhei posted:

The guy has made 3 loving ATTEMPTS at scheduling a date, the fact that they were all on game days is irrelevant since they play several games a week at different times and he clearly isn't a big enough fan to know when they are. It shouldn't be on him to know when she's unavailable to go on their first date, it's actually insulting to suggest to tell someone who's tried to ask you out three times to download a schedule of a football team to make sure you're free to go on a date, after the second time she should have checked the schedule her drat self and suggested a day or a few that would work for her.

As far as he's concerned he's now asked her out 3 times at different times of the day/week and has been rejected 3 times without proposing an alternative option. Keep in mind she texted him after the game was over if he still wanted to hang out, not before the game when she turned him down. A simple "I can't then, the game is on but I'd like to hang out after if you're free" probably would have saved her chances, but she didn't. Live and learn.

They're both stupid, immature young people who created a silly misunderstanding.

Discussion over, shut the gently caress up now

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

If you're going to cheat, you really have to bring along all the toys too? Knowing that your only cover story if caught is "I love butt stuff?"

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

You dildos care way more about some teenager's almost-first-date than the two people actually involved

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pick posted:

Why are people always cheating? Like I seriously don't get it.

There are a lot of different reasons, Pick. Too many to list here but I think you're smart enough to figure it out

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Play posted:

Seems a bit generous to me. I like the little pathetic half truth "yeah, she did come to my room (in case gf finds out somehow) but we did ummm like computer work stuff yeah

Oh those massive anal dildos and used condoms? Well.... uhhhh... didn't wanna get HIV from the dildo, yeah that's it

STDs are not the reason you use condoms with rear end dildos.

The guy definitely cheated, though.

Moridin920 posted:

Look I'ma say this and then I'll drop it.

If I ask a girl out and she says "no I'm watching my fav team play then sorry" then a) I would say "oh dang what about after the game?" and b) I would take literally 5 seconds to check their schedule before asking her out again.

It's not like he has to conjure advanced majicks to scry their schedule.

It's totally not on the guy, the fact that she didn't offer an alternate time herself means she's not that interested and shouldn't be whining now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dude is prolly cheating but I will say that if you're doing anal stuff w/ dildos putting a condom on the thing first is common.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Being super generous with the benefit of the doubt: dude is into anal stuff but is ashamed about it because "don't wanna be gay" and so he uses them on business trips and the condoms are for the dildos.

However, that seems kind of ridiculous and contrived and he's probably cheating.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

If you're going to cheat, you really have to bring along all the toys too? Knowing that your only cover story if caught is "I love butt stuff?"

Yeah even just finding that stuff would be really weird for me. If I found some weird sex toys in my girlfriend's luggage I'd find that very strange considering generally a good couple doesn't lie or hide things from their SO

Moridin920 posted:

Dude is prolly cheating but I will say that if you're doing anal stuff w/ dildos putting a condom on the thing first is common.

Didn't know this, in fact my knowledge of ramming myself in the rear end with a piece of cock-shaped rubber is apparently woefully undeveloped

Time to do some research :devil:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What kind of pathetic dude cheats and then comes up with that limp an excuse as well as leaving a bunch of assplay items to be found? Its like Crime and Punishment if the axe wound were metaphor instead of literal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Play posted:

Didn't know this, in fact my knowledge of ramming myself in the rear end with a piece of cock-shaped rubber is apparently woefully undeveloped

Time to do some research :devil:

It's mostly a lube + easier cleanup thing.