Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

I started watching a Dark Dreams Don't Die Let's Play, and the game is very intriguing, but now that I know that there will probably never be a conclusion I'm debating whether or not I should continue to get invested... Like, what's on the page right now is good and all, but knowing that the ending is guaranteed to be unsatisfying...

(Hehe like sex with a goon hehe)

no supergreatfriend video is unsatisfying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lets hang out posted:

the guy who said that also tells people to play criminal girls instead of neptunia games so

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Robot Wendigo posted:

I got through my first Hatsune Miku song on Normal so I thought I'd tell the world

Your life begins now

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

no supergreatfriend video is unsatisfying

This is untrue but only because he hasn't played DOS games for months now and when he does stream it's to play ZTD, which I don't want to watch because I want to play it myself :(

At least he got through a ton of xblig horror games this month.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
:(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

This is untrue but only because he hasn't played DOS games for months now and when he does stream it's to play ZTD, which I don't want to watch because I want to play it myself :(

At least he got through a ton of xblig horror games this month.

his xblig stuff is gold

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

his xblig stuff is gold

I still have to watch the finale with all the horror games shot in that one guys house and I am looking forward to that because some of those games honestly looked impressive in how resourceful they were without actually being anything but pure xblig trash.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Robot Wendigo posted:

I got through my first Hatsune Miku song on Normal so I thought I'd tell the world
that game is so hard :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Best Direct.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's what you get for posting in D&D. Or the Steam thread?

People are loving crazy.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man I can't wait for this loving election to be over.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Phantasium posted:

It's what you get for posting in D&D. Or the Steam thread?

The Steam thread has basically been a FOB for C-SPAM for the past week ever since somebody toxxed almost a thousand dollars worth of Steam games on outcome of the election and everyone used that as an excuse to constantly post about it. Since Palpek posts there all the time I'm assuming that means it's acceptable but it has been a really disappointing turn for what is normally a pretty OK thread. :sigh:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Never before has a company gone over a new feature in a patch that recalls such wistful memories from the presenter.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Man I can't wait for this loving election to be over.

Every election cycle I've been a mostly adult person for has cultivated this same feeling and it's a huge bummer because voter apathy is such a problem here

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am having the worst couple of days that I have had in months, and would probably trade my soul for a PC that will play Civilization 6. Cheers.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a Strategic View that might be less taxing in your machine, I dunno

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I found this thread, and post, in the Goldmine that made my day much better, because I actually laughed so hard I teared up a little:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795534&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post465806235

Video games are great.

Up to the Elves
Nov 4, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Vainglory sure is the best video game out right now, I haven't seen anything come close to knocking this GOTY loose. Incredible.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I found this thread, and post, in the Goldmine that made my day much better, because I actually laughed so hard I teared up a little:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795534&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post465806235

Video games are great.

If I saw this thread before the goldmine I would have totally posted about the time my friend got so mad at me that I didn't wanna play dk64 with him that he chased me around his house with a broadsword

He was pretty salty

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This video always cheers me up (from the game glitch thread)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D37TurCx_IA

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

This video always cheers me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIao9fr1BQ&t=56s

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The video game equivalent of Alvin and the chipmunks, no and thank you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVZPu_JM6I

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

The video game equivalent of Alvin and the chipmunks, no and thank you

Skip to the boss fight (4:55) and see if you don't smile.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The salty thread peaked at the extremely calm freakout. I laughed very hard.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Guy Mann posted:

The Steam thread has basically been a FOB for C-SPAM for the past week ever since somebody toxxed almost a thousand dollars worth of Steam games on outcome of the election and everyone used that as an excuse to constantly post about it. Since Palpek posts there all the time I'm assuming that means it's acceptable but it has been a really disappointing turn for what is normally a pretty OK thread. :sigh:
You're being overly dramatic. Last time there was a discussion about it I posted that people should stop and they did. Right now there are like 5 review months going at the same time and people talking about a lot of different things. It's not something taking over the thread like you're suggesting. It's ok for it to come up from time to time though, an insane guy made a crazy toxx, it's one of those forum moments that will be remembered in a year, people can have some space to react, if it gets out of hand I'll do something about it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean, he made a toxx last year around the same time about chapter 3 for MGSV, despite Kojima being very publicly let go. It's him doing a gimmick giveaway based around an impossible toxx.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
So, I'm looking ahead to this month and wondering what to pick up. I forgot I preordered a gently caress YOU FFXV edition which I've now been charged for which is a lot of moolah so I may have to sell it on, but this is a pretty cool month.

Might grab owlboy, but thats like £17 I had no intention of spending but it looks aces. Is this wise or a steam sale purchase?

I'm very interested in Tyranny too, but whats up with the extra editions of that game? They are charging more for some weird digital trash, theres an artbook and vague digital 'guide' that contains lore etc (and I am a sucker for lore) but I can't see how the additional cost would really be worthwhile and justified. Heard the game is quite short but replayable from the small bit people have played but it might be the decision based changes are really lame later in the game. Is anyone else planning on picking Tyranny up?

Definitely grabbing Dishonored 2, esp with my GMG credit. I'm expecting more of the same at least.

Videogames!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Guys the Cubs won. Everything's gonna be OK or it's all downhill from here. I'm not sure which.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

Guys the Cubs won. Everything's gonna be OK or it's all downhill from here. I'm not sure which.

We'll know for sure early next Wednesday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All I want is Final Fantasy XV. It still feels so far away. That delay really hurt, the game was suppose to have been out for over a month now.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

You have the rest of your life to be disappointed

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The hosed thing is that The Last Guardian comes out a week later.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should delay it one more time just to make sure it's the best game of all time imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

The hosed thing is that The Last Guardian comes out a week later.

I have no interest in playing that game but I feel like i'm obligated to buy it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

They should delay it one more time just to make sure it's the best game of all time imo

FFXV or TLG?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Final Fantasy but I guess it couldn't hurt to give The Last Guardian another couple of years

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bicyclops posted:

Video games are great.
won't someone think of the cows :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ysnwcmedpk

• Locked thread