Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Fleek
Fleek is retarded.

Good news friend!

https://trademarks.justia.com/866/06/on-86606936.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
"Artisan" or "artisanal" (though I do enjoy that it contains "anal", thus reflecting the "talking out of your arse" real-world meaning of the word).

Like this factory-made artisan loaf of really horrible white bread.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

People who use "woman" as an adjective (woman artist, woman marine biologist, etc.). "Females" as a noun is creepy and dehumanizing, but "female" is a perfectly valid adjective and "woman" in that context is an annoying overcorrection.

Personally I think this whole idea that "female" is dehumanizing is kind of silly. I wouldn't use it in the relevant context because it doesn't sound good but I think people read too much in it. Certainly I think it's unfair to make a snap judgement about someone's character on that alone. Honestly before people on here started talking about it, I associated it with minorities for the most part as they were the ones I would hear use it like that.

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
"plethora" is the sure sign of idiots that think they're smarter than they are. also likely redditors.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Jim Barris posted:

Personally I think this whole idea that "female" is dehumanizing is kind of silly.

As a woman, I don't. Most of my female friends agree, although there are plenty of people I know who don't really care either way.

quote:

Certainly I think it's unfair to make a snap judgement about someone's character on that alone.

Agreed.

quote:

Honestly before people on here started talking about it, I associated it with minorities for the most part as they were the ones I would hear use it like that.

I'm black and I still don't prefer it. A lot of the time I hear other people (of any race) use it, it's basically used in place of "bitch". I've never heard a sentence where "females" was used in a neutral or positive manner.

edit: to contribute further to the thread, "monetization" is one of those words where, even though it's useful, it seems long and unwieldy and like most of the people who use it frequently are annoying jerks.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 1, 2017

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

"Can you do me this one ask..."

WHAT???

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm black and I still don't prefer it. A lot of the time I hear other people (of any race) use it, it's basically used in place of "bitch". I've never heard a sentence where "females" was used in a neutral or positive manner.
That's a good point actually. When I heard it used it was usually in the context of some dumb rear end poo poo about what they thought women preferred/wanted and indeed 'bitches' would of probably been the other word of choice. I'd prefer to hear 'females' over 'bitches' any day of the week but as a man what I'd prefer is sort of irrelevant here, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
"Let's take this offline" is the greatest phrase known to man. It's the only sentence that makes a meeting shorter.

• Locked thread