Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

YeahTubaMike posted:

what exactly are you supposed to dip onion rings into?

Most places use a kind of southwest sauce/ spicy mayo type of thing, often with some horseradish. It has to be orangeish colored by law according to the Outback Steakhouse Treaty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Coke Freestyle machine sucks

Has anyone seen the pepsi version of these? My school's little shopette thing has one and a local dairy queen also has one. The mountain dew + cherry is better than code red.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The secret perfect dipping sauce for onion rings is actually tartar sauce, which I’ve never seen or heard of outside the movie King of New York but it sure sounds good. Especially with some nicely prepared A&W rings.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Those Coke freestyle machines are awesome. I can finally get my Pepsi Twist again by adding lemon to Diet Coke.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I usually get a 75:25 mix of orange sprite and raspberry sprite

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

YeahTubaMike posted:

what exactly are you supposed to dip onion rings into?

tartar sauce

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

dudeness posted:

I'll give it a shot. It shouldn't be hard to find, apparently they have to have the words "made form diced onions" easily readable on the packaging - Thank you FDA.

For fast food I believe Burger King's onion rings are made from diced onions or at least were.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think Burger King has gotten my order wrong at least 50% of the times I've been to one, and I don't order anything special or off the menu. Lowest accuracy in fast food imo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

FuturePastNow posted:

I think Burger King has gotten my order wrong at least 50% of the times I've been to one, and I don't order anything special or off the menu. Lowest accuracy in fast food imo.

For me that award goes to certain Wendy's. Everywhere I've lived I have had to learn which Wendy's to go to and which ones will totally gently caress up my order every time.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol, try ordering a Sausage McGriddle with cheese, but with no egg- they will gently caress this up 100% of the time

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Wendy's has this bizarre 0 to 1 million ratio of salt on their fries. It's either no salt or saltier than your great aunt. I actually like Wendy's fries so this pisses me off. I like that they are sort of soft and seem like a real, live potato was involved somewhere in their making.

I usually get some spicy chicken asiago, but one day they gave me regular and gently caress that poo poo. It was -1000, even worse than unsalted fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
I have to take issue with Jack in the Box. Ate it last night, specifically loaded tiny tacos. Tasted alright but today I've poo poo about 4 times and the wiping process has been like trying to scrape peanut butter off of a shingle. It's completely raw now and I'm glad that I'm about to move about 1000 miles from the nearest one of these god forsaken restaurants.