Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Sharmat posted:

that actually seems kind of important

Its not because they're just as poor as you and you end up losing money in the raid unless you manage to kidnap someone worth something AND he has enough gold to pay you. Also you cant raid feudals who would actually have money anyway. Pretty much with my old PC I never picked older start dates because I didn't like the Karlings and horrible lag later in the game, and now I don't pick early start dates because they aren't very fun unless you play a random Frankish vassal or in England or somewhere like that. I don't enjoy the grind to feudalism at all. And an unreformed pagan can't become feudal or a republic which is just insane.

I still like CK2 and its fun but christ why did they have to make playing pagans/poors so miserable.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dang my eu4 Japan game got recked by disasters, loan spirals, and manpower depletion

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Agean90 posted:

They should do that with the amazonian tribes too, since they were advanced enough to have walled cities connected by fuckoff huge causeways through the jungle untill they got smallpoxed.

didn't those civilizations get hit by the pox so bad that they all died before anyone from Europe actually met them or something?

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
they weren't extinct but so many died that their civilizations were in a state of collapse. also the Inca were in the middle of a war of succession when the spanish rolled in which made it even easier

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

MindSet posted:

also the Inca were in the middle of a war of succession when the spanish rolled in which made it even easier

I thought that was pretty much every new world civilization that survived the initial waves of smallpox.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
edit: nevermind that's what you meant, I'm dumb

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i tried playing as the potiguara once since they start where i live but holy poo poo playing as new world natives in an isolated place such as northeastern Brazil is loving boring until the portuguese/spanish arrive

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

id need to do a shitload of migrations to get where other tribes live lol

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
So this save is over right

nvm my king died and the cool 100 legit prince fixed it. Man that disaster sucks but i found out you can gain legitimacy through costly events.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 22, 2015

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
also https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/590786857702653952

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

So this save is over right

nvm my king died and the cool 100 legit prince fixed it. Man that disaster sucks but i found out you can gain legitimacy through costly events.

Civil War is actually a great disaster if you want to change dynasties or get legitimacy back up.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Civil War is actually a great disaster if you want to change dynasties or get legitimacy back up.

it was pretty figgin good getting a free 3 stab by having my king die instantly.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

pretty boring dev diary this week
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-23rd-april-2015.852567/

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

retiring advisors is extremely good

also pausing westernization

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
Free Cities are pretty cool, tbh. This update is adding a lot of little historical bits that are extremely my poo poo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah so far eu4 has been doing a decent job of adding in lots of irrelevant historical flavor while still keeping it together as a good game

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yeah, seems like it will be less of a clusterfuck than what ck2 became.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
They'll fix CK2 eventually though

Right?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Sharmat posted:

They'll fix CK2 eventually though

Right?

CK3 will exist eventually

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My favorite country is Bremen. It starts on province away from Bremen and doesn't have a core on it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

My favorite country is Bremen. It starts on province away from Bremen and doesn't have a core on it.

There's a whole mod about splitting Munster into the Free City and the Archbishopric and giving them all kinds of events and decisions about each other.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

elf help book posted:

CK3 will exist eventually

It will be made by the CK2 team. Imagine what kind of game they'll make, without all those bothersome CK2 constraints...!

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

MindSet posted:

Free Cities are pretty cool, tbh. This update is adding a lot of little historical bits that are extremely my poo poo

I wish they posted the bonuses for free cities existing for the emperor. I assume they're still balancing them though. I'm guessing they're to make it so that the HRE wants to cultivate opms?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i really hope they add more mechanics for confucian and buddhism. johan hinted on the latter but the confucian options are p boring on most of my china games

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i really hope they add more mechanics for confucian and buddhism. johan hinted on the latter but the confucian options are p boring on most of my china games

Ever since they revamped the New World, now it's Asia that's full of boring religions. It's funny because I also keep skipping out on converted CK2 Catholic heresies and Protestantism because they aren't as exciting as Catholic or Reformed or whatever.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

neo-confucianism should be a big deal. i dont know how to do that but let your imagination run wild

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Ever since they revamped the New World, now it's Asia that's full of boring religions. It's funny because I also keep skipping out on converted CK2 Catholic heresies and Protestantism because they aren't as exciting as Catholic or Reformed or whatever.

hindus have some sort of patron diety thing but i havent played them since it was implemented

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i wish sikhs were at all interesting and survived once in a while

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

sikhs having a temporary huge rear end boost to missionary strength was ftw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

I was upset that in my Hindustan playthrough, when they appeared I didn't have the option to convert to Sikhism. There was just rebels and it took a long time for a province modifier to let me convert it, but I didn't care since I was Hindu and it didn't give many penalties anyway. I don't remember if they were Religious rebels, I guess I could have let them break me or something.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I was upset that in my Hindustan playthrough, when they appeared I didn't have the option to convert to Sikhism. There was just rebels and it took a long time for a province modifier to let me convert it, but I didn't care since I was Hindu and it didn't give many penalties anyway. I don't remember if they were Religious rebels, I guess I could have let them break me or something.

wtf. you don't even get an option to convert?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

wtf. you don't even get an option to convert?

It's been a long time but yeah it was like 'now this random province is almost worthless :troll:'

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

It's been a long time but yeah it was like 'now this random province is almost worthless :troll:'

Seems accurate.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

This mod replaces Africa with an upside down copy of Europe.
The new continent is populated with copies of original countries.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Label one Bosnia as Bosnia and the other Bosnia3 and watch Europe go wild looking for Bosnia2

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Label all nations in upside down Europe Greater Serbia

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

Label one Bosnia as Bosnia and the other Bosnia3 and watch Europe go wild looking for Bosnia2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DICKHEAD posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 27, 2015