Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The wyvern is tiny, don't get a tiny ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hels are the prettiest ship in the game, are tied for most damage, the move bonus gives them better application, and they have a large fighter bay for when your fragile as gently caress pets get blown up. There's no reason at all to get a Wyvern.

If I ever put a character into a super it'd be a Hel for sure (In Rust We Trust), but it's one ugly drat ship.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
I want a hel, but I can be in a fit wyvern for probably around 22b (because nobody wants them now)

Hel is unironically the best super now, which I never thought I'd say

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nessin posted:

If I ever put a character into a super it'd be a Hel for sure (In Rust We Trust), but it's one ugly drat ship.

It's symmetrical, which already beats half the supers, plus it has aft-facing fighter bays, so you can emergency decompress them to avoid collisions with time paradoxes captained by Frasier.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d16mr_star-trek-the-next-generation-season-5-episode-18-cause-effect_tv

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Locally-roasted French Roast (so fresh that the beans are positively gleaming), fresh ground, done in a pourover filter.

You hero. I'm very fond of a pourover.

The problem I have is that it doesn't stay warm long enough once it's been poured.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Cobra-Commander posted:

If CCP requires an elite computer hacker with expert knowledge gained from youtube videos, I am willing to work remotely for them. I would also make a great lead game designer. Here are some of my ideas for the future of EvE online.

#1 EvE Gate opens to another dimension, this dimension has advanced species 8472 technology, organic ships. The dimension is inhabited by time keepers, they have the ability to travel back to any point in EvE history and disrupt things.
#2 Tranversal Jump drive, with the advent of species 8472 technology all new hulls have an extra mid slot dedicated to jump drive operation, once a day sub-capitals can activate this jump drive and be randomly sent to eve space,wormhole, or 8472 space, are you daring enough to use it?
#3 With the advent of new technology we've incorporated a new engine with real space sim physics, in this dimension eve turns into EvE Valkyrie, with the ability to control new organic fighters and capital ships to engage the enemy on an entirely new level of twitch based gameplay.
#4 Homeworld carriers, with advances in 4d manufacturing technology you can now build armadas while being mobile, build sub-capital fleets on the move and enjoy an RTS gameplay mechanic within EvE. Fortify your base, and attack your enemies with hundreds of ships at your disposal. Create resource gathering nodes in asteroid fields to help bring building material to your Mothership, setup sentries and mini-structures to defend against enemy ships. No need to spend $19.99 on homeworld, EvE online has now taken competitive RTS gaming to a persistent MMO style of gameplay. Real meaningful PvP where your actions effect the entire multi-verse.
#5 New players need to get hooked onto the action from the beginning, a new tutorial that promotes use of skill injectors should be created, and the first few hours of a new players career should reflect on the quality of the massive battles that are portrayed in the EvE online trailers. For this I want to create a new player instanced mission that is filled with one big NPC, and New Player battle, titans, sub caps, and chaos.
#6 With the advent of homeworld esque changes to the core eve mechanics sovereignty changes will also take place.

Contact me CCP together we can do great things.

#5 is actually kind of a cool idea. I hate the idea of instancing in a game like Eve, but something like this might be a good exception to the rule.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the feedback on the daily opportunities stuff? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it 'meh, neat but only for those that care about it' like most of the other CCP stuff.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Unfunny Poster posted:

What's the feedback on the daily opportunities stuff? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it 'meh, neat but only for those that care about it' like most of the other CCP stuff.
It's free SP, probably awesome for newbies, kinda meh but no biggie if you've been playing for a long time.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bob Socko posted:

It's free SP, probably awesome for newbies, kinda meh but no biggie if you've been playing for a long time.

for me, it's a free skill injector every 40 days, so I'll take it willingly

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Dr. Pangloss posted:

That's a great idea! Still need people that would actually be interested in this, but that'd be a great way to give a level playing field. It'd make for some hilarious fittings, based on skills alone.

I'm interested, though I'm terribad at commitments.

I was also thinking doing trial characters for just this purpose would also make folks for open to sharing api keys to help discourage cheating.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

for me, it's a free skill injector every 40 days, so I'll take it willingly

I bet you will

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

Unfunny Poster posted:

Shot rats on a belt got 10k SP. Not bad, but it is hardly any help when training skills that require over 1,5 million SP.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

yogizh posted:

Shot rats on a belt got 10k SP. Not bad, but it is hardly any help when training skills that require over 1,5 million SP.

If done daily it's about 20% more sp so you're wrong

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

frozenpussy posted:

I bet you will

at least buy me a drink first

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Its literally just killing a single frigate rat in my guardian then warping off. A monthly lore thick story line mission that gave out sp would be preferable IMO as the current use feels dumb. It doesn't encourage you to play eve it encourages you to log in an alt, kill a frig then log out.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ps it's free unallocated sp don't loving spend it you morons. You loving save it then use it for doctrine switches.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

Its literally just killing a single frigate rat in my guardian then warping off. A monthly lore thick story line mission that gave out sp would be preferable IMO as the current use feels dumb. It doesn't encourage you to play eve it encourages you to log in an alt, kill a frig then log out.

To a person who worships metrics, there's no difference.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

I want a hel, but I can be in a fit wyvern for probably around 22b (because nobody wants them now)

I just lost mine and I'll probably get a Nyx to replace it due to the synergy between t3s, apostles, and armor supers. It's a loving shame you can armor tank every t3 but only shield tank 1.5 due to how to how poo poo shield web lokis are.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

Just sold both my Hels to TEST- gonna hold out for faction supers and get my hand on a Angels super- and live the nano-shield dream.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Xolve posted:

Just sold both my Hels to TEST- gonna hold out for faction supers and get my hand on a Angels super- and live the nano-shield dream.

Just having finished off all nag skills I'm hoping for something spectacular for the angels dread, though it'll be interesting to see if they keep the warp speed theme

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Sunber posted:

Just having finished off all nag skills I'm hoping for something spectacular for the angels dread, though it'll be interesting to see if they keep the warp speed theme

Obviously this will be the preferred dread for incursions since it's warp speed will make it faster at running sites.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone have a good Amarr Navy Crucifier fit?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Reverand maynard posted:

I just lost mine and I'll probably get a Nyx to replace it due to the synergy between t3s, apostles, and armor supers. It's a loving shame you can armor tank every t3 but only shield tank 1.5 due to how to how poo poo shield web lokis are.

I had a shield legion for wh silliness that was decent imo. Ullerrm will probably now come shame me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Teach me to be space rich

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What sort of activity do you enjoy doing?

I liked doing exploration and made a fair amount of money off doing Relic sites in Nullsec (specifically Catch) for a while.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How are you at erotic space role play

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

vyst posted:

How are you at erotic space role play

hey sexy :wink:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
How gank able is a bow head? A ND on that note what I go can you ship scan and find out about a bowhead

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Reverand maynard posted:

Ps it's free unallocated sp don't loving spend it you morons. You loving save it then use it for doctrine switches.

I can fly every subcap ship in the game near-perfectly, I have all the doctrines. Spending my unallocated SP on Exhumers V and you can't stop me :D

e:

Venom Snake posted:

Anyone have a good Amarr Navy Crucifier fit?

The standard one used in most of lowsec is basically just an AB Tormentor with a TD:

code:
[Crucifier Navy Issue, lowsec ab]

Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Heat Sink II

1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Disruptor II, Optimal Range Disruption Script

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Small Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Warrior II x2
Since everything on your ship operates in scram range, the AB is pretty sensible. Carry a missile disruptor and scripts in your cargohold in case you see Kestrels/Hawks/Coraxes/etc. on scan.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 29, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
So here is the link to view the l4 mission guide thats coming along. I started it very rough making it for myself just c/ping the applicable blitz info into a word doc for myself so I didn't have to ctrl f every mission. Its still super rough but if it gets to be a good enough guide to be worth publishing, we'll publish it complete with wiki tables for missions and poo poo. PM me your gmail if you want edit rights, unless ive literally never seen you post ill just trust you to not replace it all with goatse.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Raj0ZujA6WOhrhrb0EIV253JtJ9WHNDkbmQpjVPAyBA/edit?usp=sharing

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
PS I'm doing trading and missioning mostly because I just got a puppy so its a thing to do when i have 10 minutes. Does anyone know how I can add all these dudes who i'm adding as "can edits" so they can also pass out edit rights? If I open it publicly thats just asking to get goatsed but since the cirteria is "do you have more than like 2 posts" idc about passing it out to guys whos name i recognize.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

How gank able is a bow head? A ND on that note what I go can you ship scan and find out about a bowhead

Generally, quite gankable, although it depends entirely on the fit. They have roughly half the EHP, unfitted, of a T1 freighter -- however, they get rigs, mids, and CPU for fitting. It also makes them tricky to bump, as they are capable of fitting istabs and a MWD (which allows them to align in 10 secs) and/or warp core stabs.

A fully tanked one (typical fit) has about 500k EHP, about the same as a bulkhead Obelisk. Travel-fit ones are around 150k, about the same as an expanded Fenrir.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Generally, quite gankable, although it depends entirely on the fit. They have roughly half the EHP, unfitted, of a T1 freighter -- however, they get rigs, mids, and CPU for fitting. It also makes them tricky to bump, as they are capable of fitting istabs and a MWD (which allows them to align in 10 secs) and/or warp core stabs.

A fully tanked one (typical fit) has about 500k EHP, about the same as a bulkhead Obelisk. Travel-fit ones are around 150k, about the same as an expanded Fenrir.

In that case, follow up, what would be the safest way to move some stupid riced out mission ships in bulk? Moving them through high sec in a JF and taking replacement rigs with me, a specific bowhead fit, or just parcel it out to Red Frog in over collated contracts? Or is the answer to just fit them right and move the hulls individually and follow it up with a dst full of the refits?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but what with 3D printing on the rise, why the hell aren't CCP mass producing models of all the ships? The design time has already been done, surely it would just be printing money? I don't even like models but I'd buy a Megathron and run around the house making laser noises.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I have been playing only Black Desert for awhile and have heavily neglected Eve on accident. How's space?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

NtotheTC posted:

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but what with 3D printing on the rise, why the hell aren't CCP mass producing models of all the ships? The design time has already been done, surely it would just be printing money? I don't even like models but I'd buy a Megathron and run around the house making laser noises.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

NtotheTC posted:

Megas use Hybrids not Lasers. t:mad:

edit: I also wanted to link a post (I think it was on gf.com) somewhere about someone buying a special edition ship model (possibly a geddon?) which devolved into a fanfic about stuffing it in their butt but I can't find it and googling "eve online buttplug story" didn't have the desired results. :saddowns:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 29, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

They used to. (Except, they did heavy resin casting instead of 3D printing.) Here's a video of their Megathron model, and here's a pic from 2013 of the Tempest on my desk.

They stopped making them because not enough people bought them to justify the cost.

Unfortunately, 3D printing doesn't really help either. Most of the cheap 3D printers out there are FDM printers with relatively thick layers and aren't really suitable for painting unless you do hours of post-printing cleanup and sanding. Doing a higher-quality printing requires a significantly more expensive printer -- i.e. one of the Z-machines that can do drop-on-powder, or SLS, or UV resin lithography. Any of those vastly increase your production costs, and then you still have to paint it.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Syndic Thrass posted:

'A fool and his money are soon parted' Did you see this hilarity? https://zkillboard.com/kill/54134782/ That guy was a fool. Don't be that guy.

Syndic Thrass posted:

In that case, follow up, what would be the safest way to move some stupid riced out mission ships in bulk? Moving them through high sec in a JF and taking replacement rigs with me, a specific bowhead fit, or just parcel it out to Red Frog in over collated contracts? Or is the answer to just fit them right and move the hulls individually and follow it up with a dst full of the refits?

Strip the ships, fit them for travel and move the pimp modules with a cloaky. If a bowhead or anything is carrying enough ISK, and it gets scanned, it will die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

NtotheTC posted:

:ccp:

'nuff said

• Locked thread