Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

wtf did they think was going to happen
that they were going to get a big fat bonus for the good job they did at brand synergy, and then after that they'll be in another department or at another company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Athletic Footjob posted:

show me those master beef curtains, whoretana

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

wtf did they think-

let me stop you there

if anything this is coming across as Microsoft's company-wide mid-life crisis

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

“We wanted to be very careful that she didn’t feel subservient in any way … or that we would set up a dynamic we didn’t want to perpetuate socially,” she told CNN.

you need the full progression to really understand imo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Stux posted:

followed by the panic braking when they realized the name was on every win10 pc now

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i just decided to try the windows 10 netflix application instead of the browser, first to share it with anyone there is no way to copy a link to it except to put it on onenote and then copy paste from there , then to change the play quality you have to actually open the netflix settings on the web because the settings on the app itself just show netflix irl address, then finally movie playing!
the audio was for some weird reason defaulted to 5.1 even though i have a stereo headset and stereo speakers, if you get a notification or anything that covers the full screen player
it pauses, and there is no way to disable that.

this is why microsoft is cool now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Stux posted:

this image never gets old

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

im waiting for the bill gates style ms email leak where the head of windows emails the halo people re: cortanas tits.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

carry on then posted:

followed by the panic braking when they realized the name was on every win10 pc now

but has paul-san defended this yet

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

but has paul-san defended this yet
no but http://www.gamesradar.com/why-is-cortana-naked-nude-halo-franchise-director-frank-oconnor-343/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-t4AwmqpMs

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

prude rear end hologram. get ur 64 bit tits out

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Firstly, she's not actually nude, because she has neither clothes nor private parts. She's effectively just wearing a kind of holographic body stocking. That's the conceit. However, like you said, that's what it makes you think of.

We've backed into the canon and had this conversation even before we ever showed pictures of Cortana. Why is she doing that? Why would an AI pick that? Well, we have other AIs. We have one who dresses like a wizard. We have one who dresses like a World War 2 pilot. They do it because they feel like it's a part of their personality.
In Cortana's case, because she's illegally cloned from a real human brain, she's a little bit different than other AIs.

One of the reasons she does it is to attract and demand attention. And she does it to put people off so they're on their guard when they're talking to her and that she has the upper hand in those conversations.

It's kind of almost like the opposite of that nightmare you have where you go to school in the nude, and you're terrified and embarrassed. She's kind of projecting that back out to her audience and winning intellectual points as a result.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

no, dig up!

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's kind of almost like the opposite of that nightmare you have where you go to school in the nude, and you're terrified and embarrassed. She's kind of projecting that back out to her audience and winning intellectual points as a result.
woah woah woah. girl. I'm not a pervert because I want you naked. you'll just win major intellectual points, is all.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
inTITlectual

more like that

TITS

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Athletic Footjob posted:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
This woman with lovingly rendered tits, hips, rear end, toes, and pussy mound is definitely not nude,

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Athletic Footjob posted:

me to her: where have your tits polygon? haha

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
holy poo poo is that really cortana

never played a halo, might now tho :getin:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Internaut! posted:

holy poo poo is that really cortana

never played a halo, might now tho :getin:
they say dont hate the player hate the game

but this time im makin an exception!!!!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

I think Microsoft is not releasing a lot of phones (they only released the current ones to make the fans happy) to bring the Mobile OS on par with Android and iOS. Once they finish up OneCore (Redstone?) they'll start to market it again. By then the Desktop OS will have enough market share (lets say 500 million by the end of the year) that developers can't really get around the store and with the UWP model it will be very easy for developers to bring those apps to Mobile, HoloLens and other spaces.

Microsoft is laying low for now, taking a beating in market share to try and come back with a unified platform that will work the same across all devices. It is the only way to get back into mobile because any other way just wont cut it against Androids massive (its a worldwide security nightmare waiting to happen) user base and Apple's image.

Money-wise they can fund the platform for years to come to build their dream.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

please don't harass my blue naked big titty lady

So what you're saying is, maybe she should stop asking for it? Always... asking... for it!

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

mishaq posted:

I think Microsoft is not releasing a lot of phones (they only released the current ones to make the fans happy) to bring the Mobile OS on par with Android and iOS. Once they finish up OneCore (Redstone?) they'll start to market it again. By then the Desktop OS will have enough market share (lets say 500 million by the end of the year) that developers can't really get around the store and with the UWP model it will be very easy for developers to bring those apps to Mobile, HoloLens and other spaces.

Microsoft is laying low for now, taking a beating in market share to try and come back with a unified platform that will work the same across all devices. It is the only way to get back into mobile because any other way just wont cut it against Androids massive (its a worldwide security nightmare waiting to happen) user base and Apple's image.

Money-wise they can fund the platform for years to come to build their dream.

looking forward to Windows universal developers learning the same lessons that other platforms learned about cross platform development being a nightmare of mediocrity

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

developers (developers! developers!!) are just waiting with baited breath to develop for a microsoft platform, after having never been bitten in the rear end repatedly before, so this sounds like a good strategy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it boggles my mind that people are still using/buying the idea that making a thing compile on several different platforms easy means it's really any less work to build appropriate software for a computer, phone, tablet and game console

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

qirex posted:

it boggles my mind that people are still using/buying the idea that making a thing compile on several different platforms easy means it's really any less work to build appropriate software for a computer, phone, tablet and game console

whenever i make hobby apps i get the data structures & logic and all the internals up in no time, and then i always lose interest when i get to the UI and it takes forever to get my rear end in gear. doing it for multiple platforms would be the worst.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

actually, you see, xaml blah blah blah blah

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

and these devs can just qa their own code too

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

and these devs can just qa their own code too

of course they can, microsoft got rid of half their qa and it's going great!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Clockwerk posted:

developers (developers! developers!!) are just waiting with baited breath to develop for a microsoft platform, after having never been bitten in the rear end repatedly before, so this sounds like a good strategy

.net is the newest thing developed by microsoft that they still support

everything that was developed after that has already been abandoned.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

it absolutely saves time for the developers and depending on which platforms you're targeting you can save design time too.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
The problem w/ windows universal apps is every app everyone wants is already on windows outside of the store so theres no reason for those developers to move it into the store and convert them to universal apps

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

The problem w/ windows universal apps is every app everyone wants is already on windows outside of the store so theres no reason for those developers to move it into the store and convert them to universal apps

And that's why Microsoft is cool again

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Shaggar posted:

microsoft should've supported "desktop apps" in the app store and incentivized it so that devs preferred it instead of hosting their poo poo on sourceforge, in 2016

that's probably like the 20th time i've posted that.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
the app store should be something people actually want to use instead of avoiding because it contains 2,000,000 apps (95% malware)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

whenever i make hobby apps i get the data structures & logic and all the internals up in no time, and then i always lose interest when i get to the UI and it takes forever to get my rear end in gear. doing it for multiple platforms would be the worst.

This. I hate doing UI work.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wheany posted:

microsoft should've supported "desktop apps" in the app store and incentivized it so that devs preferred it instead of hosting their poo poo on sourceforge, in 2016

that's probably like the 20th time i've posted that.

yeah and the store should have been added to windows 7 in an sp3

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

the app store should be something people actually want to use instead of avoiding because it contains 2,000,000 apps (95% malware)
7% calculators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
has anyone done an App Store well on the desktop because Apple certainly hasn't

• Locked thread