Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Bombs/Throwing vials would be the easiest. It's even an existing FF weapon.

Make Nashu the class trainer and I am 100% on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I posted this Magitek Knight concept ages back and I'd still like Yoship to call me and put it in the game:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823905&pagenumber=189&perpage=40

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Chemists could use slingshots, like in the Tactics Ogre remake. Anime it up and they could have potion-delivery balistae.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Eight-Six posted:

Garlond Ironworks is clearly the Shinra stand-in here

Their members are literally Avalanche, minus Barret and Tifa.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Chemists could use slingshots, like in the Tactics Ogre remake. Anime it up and they could have potion-delivery balistae.
Chemist as ranged DPS would be unexpected and amusing. Slings or crossbows or some other currently unused ranged weapon, various chemical-themed attacks and AOEs, heck since ranged DPS have a big support subtheme it wouldn't even be that hard a fit. :v:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

What do you use for Chemist weapons when the traditional ones are all used by other classes?

Potion delivery mortar.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
They should focus on making the jobs not garbage to play until you're level cap instead of throwing out more jobs. Especially of they want to keep getting more new blood and raising the level cap.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Holyshoot posted:

They should focus on making the jobs not garbage to play until you're level cap instead of throwing out more jobs. Especially of they want to keep getting more new blood and raising the level cap.

I'd prefer new jobs.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Holyshoot posted:

Please explain exactly how this will be accomplished, ideally with max vituperation.

Blockhouse posted:

What do you use for Chemist weapons when the traditional ones are all used by other classes?
Big ol' syringes.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Nessus posted:

Please explain exactly how this will be accomplished, ideally with max vituperation.
Big ol' syringes.

Syringe firing gun arm.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Vadoc posted:

Syringe firing gun arm.

The Man with the Syringe Gun.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Holyshoot posted:

Fat and Useless posted:

I'd prefer new jobs.

Would it be too much to ask for both? I'd like both, please!

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Honestly you think improving existing classes over introducing new classes is a novel idea that hasn't been repeated about every popular online game with classes?

Shy fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 14, 2018

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?

homeless snail posted:

If they make a Garlemald expansion and all the new jobs aren't powered by magitek, they've seriously hosed up. Gunhammer tank, gunsword DPS, chemist healer.

I'm getting closer to thinking we might get some sort of Engineer type class that uses a big rear end gunhammer and Nero's going to be the head of it, given he's on our side now apparently, in a case of 'Well, here, I will be my magnificent self and teach you all how to be magnificent like me to turn it against the Empire.' Finally, he gets to do something Cid can't do. Besides that I'd love to see a Chemist healer. I'm not usually a healer type(I'm more of a lifelong tank who doesn't mind DPSing if I can play a DPS class with a lot of raid support, 'selfish' DPS classes aren't my cup of tea), but I'd be on a CHM healer for an alt-class once in awhile.

Now if you asked me what class I REALLY wanted I'd say 'Giant superpowered triple-wielding katana with a mechanical golfbag juggernaut dude class' but I'll be realistic and think that's not happening. :(

I had a few theories as well IRT story bits of SB so far:

While it's no ones surprise Brutus ended up naughty, given his name, I think the person who really will have to watch their back is Varis. If Fanboy Brutus gets wind that his idol is alive, he is SO going to want to try to bump Varis to get his prince on the throne. Not that Zenos would give a poo poo, he looked more pissed to me than anything that they brought him back from his happy place of finding challenge and dying content by his own hand. I don't think he'll be reformed but I do think he'll start stomping on Garleans, Domans, or anyone alike who gets in his way of 'the hunt' and continue on his 'WoL is mine to kill, not you peons.' Zenos is obsessed with fighting the WoL because it's the only thing that makes him happy. Brutus will get hella jealous and try to off the WoL.

This will probably get Zenos mad and if Zenos punts Brutus off a cliff or something I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing.

Meanwhile the WoL is just going to be there like :confused: :confused:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Azaael posted:

I'm getting closer to thinking we might get some sort of Engineer type class that uses a big rear end gunhammer and Nero's going to be the head of it, given he's on our side now apparently, in a case of 'Well, here, I will be my magnificent self and teach you all how to be magnificent like me to turn it against the Empire.' Finally, he gets to do something Cid can't do. Besides that I'd love to see a Chemist healer. I'm not usually a healer type(I'm more of a lifelong tank who doesn't mind DPSing if I can play a DPS class with a lot of raid support, 'selfish' DPS classes aren't my cup of tea), but I'd be on a CHM healer for an alt-class once in awhile.

Now if you asked me what class I REALLY wanted I'd say 'Giant superpowered triple-wielding katana with a mechanical golfbag juggernaut dude class' but I'll be realistic and think that's not happening. :(

I had a few theories as well IRT story bits of SB so far:

While it's no ones surprise Brutus ended up naughty, given his name, I think the person who really will have to watch their back is Varis. If Fanboy Brutus gets wind that his idol is alive, he is SO going to want to try to bump Varis to get his prince on the throne. Not that Zenos would give a poo poo, he looked more pissed to me than anything that they brought him back from his happy place of finding challenge and dying content by his own hand. I don't think he'll be reformed but I do think he'll start stomping on Garleans, Domans, or anyone alike who gets in his way of 'the hunt' and continue on his 'WoL is mine to kill, not you peons.' Zenos is obsessed with fighting the WoL because it's the only thing that makes him happy. Brutus will get hella jealous and try to off the WoL.

This will probably get Zenos mad and if Zenos punts Brutus off a cliff or something I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing.

Meanwhile the WoL is just going to be there like :confused: :confused:

This all assumes that Elidibus isn’t taking Zenos’s empty flesh-sack for s joyride.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Azaael posted:

I'm getting closer to thinking we might get some sort of Engineer type class that uses a big rear end gunhammer

there's already an engineering class

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
I thought of that too but...

I don't think it is. I think Elibidus actually might be tied to Gaius by the way Varis was looking at him. Varis didn't give a crap about Zenos, but Gaius is another matter I think. I think those two are tied. I just think in Zenos' case the Empire wanted their nicely developed killing machine back and had the means to bring him back thanks to his genetic engineering/resonant stuff/Echo/etc. I feel that they might not get what they wanted with him, though...

We'll see though. I feel the bodyjacking is they WANT us to think since it happened before and that was an early conclusion people started coming to. While they're obvious with some things I do think they like to throw us for loops on others.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The maid and butler outfits are on MogStation now if you didn't get 'em during the Amazon promo (or I guess that gaming mag in Europe, I think?) a couple of years ago.

$18 USD and you only get it for one character.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Azaael posted:

Those two first class ideas would be very much my poo poo. A magitek/melee class (since tech ranged is pretty much there already) sounds fantastic and there is very much content to write the class story and develop said leader into a continuation of the nice rivalry he has with Cid. Nero's Magiworks? He's one of my favourites this expansion and I'd be absolutely down with seeing more of him.

Always wanted to play some sort of Alchemist healer in WoW but it didn't exist - I guess monk is as close as it got.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shy posted:

Honestly you think improving existing classes over introducing new classes is a novel idea that hasn't been repeated about every popular online game with classes?

Their biggest competitor has done it. They will have to go back eventually. It's bad design to ignore your user base who doesn't already have everything at max level.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Holyshoot posted:

Their biggest competitor has done it. They will have to go back eventually. It's bad design to ignore your user base who doesn't already have everything at max level.

I don't know if you've actually played WoW lately but the leveling experience there is equally bad because half of your kit is given to you by 60 and then you don't get anything else until 100.

One of the tanks literally couldn't tank until level 54, imagine DRK not getting tank stance until level 50 but getting blood price at level 30.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 14, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
wow leveling is frequently tuned but that guy has it backwards - they're constantly making it worse to level, not better, because they maintain the number of abilities you get and try to distribute them equally along your progression, but it takes a chunk of time to get to 110 (soon 120) and you'll frequently go long stretches of time without getting abilities (and also you'll be missing a lot of important ones for a while)

also, yeah, you get access to specs at ten but I don't think any of the tanks get access to mitigation until at least twenty, and generally higher.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The way SMN does it - progressively upgrading your existing abilities - is pretty cool, and I wouldn’t mind seeing more of that. Same abilities, but with bigger numbers and flashier animations as you increase in level.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It seriously makes me wonder if the devs for 14 forgot bards actually need to crit to function or some poo poo with them kneejerking away from how 4.1 gear was. Other classes it's mostly a dps thing but bards actually need crits goddamnit.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

{Same}

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

:smith:

Now I'm sad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Finished the Sworn quest for the Ananta today. You can get the marid immediately afterwards and the solo duty felt easier than the Kojin one.

:same:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
am i losing my mind or did they change the onslaught c/d on war? was it not on an 8s c/d at some point?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Me, after missing out on one days worth of ananta quest last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaYc5UP8PsI

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

am i losing my mind or did they change the onslaught c/d on war? was it not on an 8s c/d at some point?

It's always been 15.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I didn't ask for this, you monster

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

drat... :smith:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I didn't make the connection between the legatuses and their reference to the other FF games, but now I know what the IXth's deal will be, I think, and it might even be the legion for the next expansion.

Spoilered because it's got some stuff about the end of IX in it and since it's the best FF game ever made you should all go play it instead if you haven't, and because of SB stuff.

IXth will be all about making echo infused super soldiers, ala Kuja and Zidane being super soldier monkeys from their own planet. Fordola will escape or get broken out and then become a mold for the mass production of slightly shittier but still dangerous as hell echo soldiers and in the end we'll save her from that and that's how we get her redemption. Most of the people subjected to the process lose their minds and become what look like soulless husks, in reference to the nature of genomes.

Also, classes you could add involved with IX would be a blue mage tank like quina and a spellblade type guy who combines steiner and vivi's gimmick into one character, or you could even do an actual thief character that throws items and money at people and pickpockets ammunition or something.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ChaseSP posted:

It seriously makes me wonder if the devs for 14 forgot bards actually need to crit to function or some poo poo with them kneejerking away from how 4.1 gear was. Other classes it's mostly a dps thing but bards actually need crits goddamnit.
There is plenty of crit if you just get the right gear though??

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this is where i take my mameshiba to pee and mog dance

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dukka posted:

There is plenty of crit if you just get the right gear though??

I know I'm just speaking of the base raid and mendacity gear.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Where do i get Nero's glasses

asking for a friend

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

HenryEx posted:

asking for a friend

I think it's just a plain pair of Shaded Spectacles? Should be trivial to craft or cheap to buy off the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

HenryEx posted:

asking for a friend

His sunglasses? Shaded spectacles.