Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Oxyclean posted:

Basically the katana situation again, but with Alisae?

"It's just a border dispute, how hard could it be to solve?"

*draws a line on a map*

"There, fixed forever."

*creates generations of Fantasy Middle East strife*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If anything it should be the other way. Alphinaud comes back and she's like "yeah I united all the tribes and signed a peace treaty with the empire, don't know why you had such a hard time"

Roll credits

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Holyshoot posted:

Macro sounds are tied to system sounds. Why do you have system sounds on? What other reason then to hear macro sounds? I for one wish they'd separate it because when I'm crafting I don't want to hear all the stupid click noises going through the menus but I want to hear my macro sounds for when my crafts are done.

So I can be tabbed out and still hear the sound from a queue popping.

In other news I discovered the other day that Performance notes are apparently system sounds so I have to exercise a bit more discretion over where I stand when I tab out unless I want to hear somebody's attempts at playing Aerith's theme.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

So I can be tabbed out and still hear the sound from a queue popping.

In other news I discovered the other day that Performance notes are apparently system sounds so I have to exercise a bit more discretion over where I stand when I tab out unless I want to hear somebody's attempts at playing Aerith's theme.

There's a separate option for Performance sounds in the Options where you can choose which sounds play while tabbed out.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I love that both of the twins are kind of dumb in their own ways. :3:

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Leofish posted:

I love that both of the twins are kind of dumb in their own ways. :3:

I'm just happy that Alisae is snarky while dumb in her own way.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alisaie is headstrong and cocksure, but she's got about as much subtlety as a brick through a window and is a little too desperate to prove herself to her brother and her friends. Alphinaud is more self-sacrificial and courageous than before, but that's also leading him into being patronizing to Alisaie when it's clear she's more than capable of helping.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Saint Freak posted:

If anything it should be the other way. Alphinaud comes back and she's like "yeah I united all the tribes and signed a peace treaty with the empire, don't know why you had such a hard time"

Roll credits

Okay, but only if it turns out later that it actually worked out because of one of Lolorito's schemes or something, so that it becomes clear that the entire universe is working to dunk on Alphinaud.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Vermain posted:

I mean, they've gotta have an, "Alisaie has to take over for her sick brother, finds out his job's hard as poo poo," episode at some point, given the dynamics they've set up.

I don’t understand what is particularly hard about seeing a problem then having me murder the problem. Pretty sure every member of the scions has that poo poo down.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I would like to imagine Alphinaud's tasks would fall to the WoL and we could solve them by nodding or murdering something. That's how things work even when he is around to do his stuff.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

I would like to imagine Alphinaud's tasks would fall to the WoL and we could solve them by nodding or murdering something. That's how things work even when he is around to do his stuff.

Hey, the WoL doesn't resolve *every* problem with murder or stoic assent. Sometimes they pick up poo poo.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I have to admit this is a somewhat impressive way to handwave a flying elephant. I was honestly expecting a Dumbo reference instead.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

SL the Pyro posted:

I have to admit this is a somewhat impressive way to handwave a flying elephant. I was honestly expecting a Dumbo reference instead.

How do you get that mount?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

Hey, the WoL doesn't resolve *every* problem with murder or stoic assent. Sometimes they pick up poo poo.

Sometimes literally.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

But why does it say "Movement: Terrestrial", then?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Chaosfirev posted:

Ananta beast tribe

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Snake ladies can make magical flying carpets that can somehow transport elephants, but we still need airships.

Edit: Also, I want to see them in some battle cutscene one day. Flying.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 15, 2018

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Nipponophile posted:

But why does it say "Movement: Terrestrial", then?

Because its normal mode of movement is walking. Chocobos, Magitek Reapers, et. al. have terrestrial movement, even though they can fly. Stuff like the Ahriman which flies (even in non-flying zones) has flight movement.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I tried PVP last night and I have to say it was super chill and we lost but not like badly and no one got mad at me for being clueless as heck. Also drat you get a lot of wolf marks for just the roulette. I'll have the entire ARR set I wanted by tonight.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Should I bother with PVP while leveling up? Don't need any xp as this insane buff has me at level 38 doing level 31 MSQ quests, but will I need wolf marks or whatever for gear at some point? I heard ironworks gear is nice at 50, but not sure I can actually start getting that currency until 50.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm disappointed the elephant doesn't have a special animation for flying.

Personally I was pulling for "spins his tail around like a helicopter".

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Eltoasto posted:

Should I bother with PVP while leveling up? Don't need any xp as this insane buff has me at level 38 doing level 31 MSQ quests, but will I need wolf marks or whatever for gear at some point? I heard ironworks gear is nice at 50, but not sure I can actually start getting that currency until 50.

pvp gear is purely for cosmetic purposes at this point. Some of the earlier sets have stats but everything since SB launched has been for glamour only.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

The only real "need" is for cosmetic items and a few other things like music rolls and pets, which admittedly are mostly super cool. There are also achievements for X number of wins in a specific battleground that give neat mounts, and those take a while to reach, so you might want to get started early?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Nodosaur posted:

I'm disappointed the elephant doesn't have a special animation for flying.

Personally I was pulling for "spins his tail around like a helicopter".

Like scootypuff:allears:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sarrisan posted:

http://ffxivrotations.com/1boi

After this, just focus on doing a standard Chaos Thrust combo +4th +5th > Full Thrust Combo +4th +5th > repeat, while mashing your oGCD buttons as they come up while trying not to to clip your GCD. They basically come up
aligned naturally with a couple of exceptions you will likely learn as you practice.

Don't double weave jumps. Don't enter Life with less than 23 seconds on your timer (Should never happen normally but mistakes or uptime losses can gently caress things up) so you always get 3 Nastrond's per Life. Try not to ever delay Geirscogul by more than 2 GCD's (This mostly comes up when you gently caress up or have uptime issues - just do your best and don't worry about it for the most part).

The one interesting caveat is your first Life of the Dragon cycle - due to the way your Eye's are limited by your Jumps and Spineshatter Dives, you can enter LotD either at 47 seconds or 117 seconds and it doesn't have any effect on when you enter your second LotD cycle at 147 seconds. Because of this, it is wise to delay your first LotD so you get extra Nastronds under Blood for Blood.

Master these things with good uptime and it's a free ticket to 95th percentile. There are other optimizations but then you start getting REALLY spergy.

Thanks. Any tips that makes targeting someone with Dragon Sight less of a pain? Thinking of just having my intended target focused and using a focus target macro but using macros is still a pain for oGCD weaving, but still less than one than trying to click someone's name and tab back between abilities.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Thanks. Any tips that makes targeting someone with Dragon Sight less of a pain? Thinking of just having my intended target focused and using a focus target macro but using macros is still a pain for oGCD weaving, but still less than one than trying to click someone's name and tab back between abilities.

set DPS to be on top of the party list, use the F2-4 keys to pick out the person you want to smack with it, use your friendly dragon laser, then tab back to your target.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Has anyone ever heard of SE banning/warning people for afking in PVP?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The only person I've ever known to face consequences from in-game actions swore too much.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They got those people that had ILLEGAL HAIR COLORS didn't they?

Thank God that menace is over.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So I assume that SE just doesn't give a poo poo about all the bots teleporting around? I was going to report a group but the report system is tedious as gently caress so I never bothered.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Verranicus posted:

Has anyone ever heard of SE banning/warning people for afking in PVP?
Don't you get autokicked if you're idle too long? I know my egi unsummoned itself a couple of times while I was doing Praetorium last night.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Chaosfirev posted:

Sworn rank in the Ananta Beast Tribe Quests.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sarrisan posted:

The one interesting caveat is your first Life of the Dragon cycle - due to the way your Eye's are limited by your Jumps and Spineshatter Dives, you can enter LotD either at 47 seconds or 117 seconds and it doesn't have any effect on when you enter your second LotD cycle at 147 seconds. Because of this, it is wise to delay your first LotD so you get extra Nastronds under Blood for Blood.

Wait, how's this work? Can't you LotD once every 60 seconds (two Jumps, one Spineshatter)?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Nessus posted:

Don't you get autokicked if you're idle too long? I know my egi unsummoned itself a couple of times while I was doing Praetorium last night.

All you need to do is jump every minute or so and you're not afk. I've known people to just hit spacebar every now and then while watching netflix, to level through stormblood. Can set up autohotkey or something if you want to go pro.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

So I assume that SE just doesn't give a poo poo about all the bots teleporting around? I was going to report a group but the report system is tedious as gently caress so I never bothered.

Gosh, I wonder why they don't ban bots who nobody reports.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

vOv posted:

Wait, how's this work? Can't you LotD once every 60 seconds (two Jumps, one Spineshatter)?

You can store the charges for the next LotD while it's active. So Giers before mirage dive 3, then giers again before mirage diving when jump/spine come back up. Store those 2 charges during LotD, then when Jump comes up again, Giers after mirage dive 6.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Technically, the correct answer is "practice targeting manually, either by using the F keys or clicking." Manual targeting makes the button way more responsive and easier to delay casting until the second-half of your GCD (Which is important if you want to fit 9 GCD's in the buff).

I am a lazy piece of poo poo, however, and use a mouse-over macro so I don't have to click on anything, just hover my mouse over the target's name in the party list.

code:
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/ac "Dragon Sight" <mo>
/micon "Dragon Sight" 

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Shy posted:

Gosh, I wonder why they don't ban bots who nobody reports.

I don't really have the time to manually type in each randomly generated string of letters that makes up each bots name. They don't stay in one place long and they stand inside each other. Something as simple as "report player" being a profile/inspect option would make tagging them when I see them much easier.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

vOv posted:

Basically what Zerilan said. As long as you don't waste Eye's (By using mirage dive when you are already at 3 but not in Life yet or using another Jump/SSD with a mirage dive already procced) it doesn't really matter when you enter life. Generally this means you delay the first for extra buffs, then enter each one after as soon as you can. If you are speed killing and know your exact expected kill time then you can optimize further but otherwise the answer for most questions when playing dragoon is just "is it up? why haven't you pressed it yet?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Oh I couldn't even find how to report a targeted player, my bad.