Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

nice gay mr2

only real one was built until '89

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

nice gay mr2

only real one was built until '89

I have a thing for cheap mid engine cars

edit: the homeless parking lot scalper/attendant in austin used to call me toyota porsche lol. It was a fun car. Not the fastest thing but jesus that thing would stick on any turn at any speed (unless on snow and i'm black out drunk it only happened once)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

no i mean the best mr2s were built before 1989

aw11 or bust

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

no i mean the best mr2s were built before 1989

aw11 or bust

I'm not arguing with you, it just was the one available when I went to the car dealership to look at a Malibu (lol) with post deployment money. If I could find a nice 1st or even 2nd gen MR2 that hasn't been riced to gently caress I'd pick one up in a heartbeat. Same with the Fiero.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah that's the same reason i don't own one :(

unmolested ones are pretty much nonexistent

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Two Finger posted:

nice gay mr2

only real one was built until '89 in 91-98

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

The wrongest opinion. I loving love the SW20 but saying it's better than the AW11 is just plain old crazy talk.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

We watched that documentary you guys mentioned, Command and Control. I'm texting with a guitar-dad guy I met Friday who was living in Conway, Ark. at the time. He vaguely remembers being woken up by an explosion, but never realized (like the whole nation including the White House) how serious it was.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh my god i've been so gassy today

i think i got a turd lodged up in my intestines somewhere and it's just letting the poo gas run right out

it's horrific

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
First day on the job (technically first day, but it was all training) was pretty good and dad. Feels good to have a job after being a piece of poo poo useless sadbrains broke idiot welfare queen for so long :unsmith:
Job is chill, boss is huge dork like me and cool.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Mr. Mambold posted:

We watched that documentary you guys mentioned, Command and Control. I'm texting with a guitar-dad guy I met Friday who was living in Conway, Ark. at the time. He vaguely remembers being woken up by an explosion, but never realized (like the whole nation including the White House) how serious it was.

The documentary is okay.

The book is loving insane.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

First day on the job (technically first day, but it was all training) was pretty good and dad. Feels good to have a job after being a piece of poo poo useless sadbrains broke idiot welfare queen for so long :unsmith:
Job is chill, boss is huge dork like me and cool.

is your new job lookin at rocks my man? :kiddo:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Washer is fixed again. Guy came into my apartment while I was at work and replaced the hose and clamps, no more water on my floor.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
So over the past week I've learned that could get into a comparably-sized house for $200-300 less per month than I'm paying in rent.

Pros:
Dogs allowed
5-10 min commute vs 40
Probably more garage space for projects

Cons:
Home ownership in an area I don't want to stay in forever
Last time I got loving rekt by the housing market collapse

Either way, my credit needs to keep climbing (as I've dug myself out of the pit from Con #2) a few more points to get the good rates, and I've got like 6 months on this lease anyway so it's not an option yet. But...gently caress. I had no plans to buy out here.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I wouldn't buy a house to save 300 bucks a month and be suddenly responsible for fixing broken poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Or tax increases when DeVos and Co gently caress up education funding. Or HOA (if applicable) and related fees.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

When did Amy Adams get massive knockers?

I recall her sideboob-game being on point in American Hustle, but gatdamn.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
They arent massive just some nice knockers getting the hollywood treatment

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is your new job lookin at rocks my man? :kiddo:

Not yet :(, taking a break from school for now. But the new job is just CCTV security and pays pretty drat well, and all the guys there are cool chill dudes. Still want to eventually look at rocks eventually though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Or tax increases when DeVos and Co gently caress up education funding. Or HOA (if applicable) and related fees.

:lol: Because those don't get passed on to renters, no siree.

Also my landlord will probably sell this house in the next 3 years, when it gets back up to what he paid for it before the bust.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Home ownership is cool and good

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Quick carchat story, coworker bought a Ford F-150 about a couple years ago, drove it home, and it completely died the next day. Dead transmission. Someone in the factory didn't connect a transmission line or something and all of the transmission fluid came out and the transmission basically ate itself to death.

Ford fixed it and extended his bumper-to-bumper warranty a few years, but that's the craziest new car story I've heard.

He now drives a PT Cruiser because of the better gas mileage to/from work.

Edit:

Rad Lieutenant posted:

The best is buying a move-in ready, but slightly neglected house that's had a low-level groverjob on it. Fixing random problems is actually a lot of fun in a strange way.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 28, 2017

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This thread needs more dog.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Went to a couple of open houses yesterday see what's available in the vicinity. The townhouse complex I live in just decided to raise the rent by like $300/month, so they can go suck a high hard one. Renting just feels like throwing money down the toilet in the long run, wasting money on something you can't call your own, and at the end of the day you don't have anything to show for it, no property that you'll eventually have some equity in.

Feeling pretty intimated by the fact that I might be a homeowner within the not too distant future, but I figured that I might as well pretend I'm an adult at some point. Even if it means fixing appliances when they break.

I kinda wish I lived in a part of the country where house prices weren't quite as insane, but you work with what you got I suppose.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 28, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

MurderBot posted:

This thread needs more dog.

That's a good dogge.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They arent massive just some nice knockers getting the hollywood treatment

She's aged about as well as any redhead but she's still high on my list of unattainable starlets.

Scarlet J. still number one.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

The documentary is okay.

The book is loving insane.

Yeah I mean holy gently caress

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I took my car into the dealership to get serviced and they tried to sell me a new car which would have costed more than mine was new ($27,000) and they wanted me to trade mine in, which means I would lose $13,000 (the current value of my car). What bunch of loving scammers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

You know landlords have to pay property taxes and pass increases on to renters, right?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You know landlords have to pay property taxes and pass increases on to renters, right?

That's why I'm expecting my rent to go up another $100-200 this year, too, just like last.

A lot of this is due to Tesla (and naturally, lovely planning by the city). So far I don't think they've hired any locals, but the Gigafactory has brought a few thousand new people to the area and they've apparently bought the old Amazon warehouse here in town, but there's almost zero new housing construction taking place. According to the county, in the past two years the property I'm renting has increased in value almost $50,000.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Anyone here have Google FI?

Need to get off of AT&T, holy poo poo their coverage in the PNW is atrocious.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm not in PNW but Google Fi is loving amazing compared to Verizon.

When I call overseas it's like 2 cents a minute and that's if I'm not connected to WiFi in which case it's free.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MurderBot posted:

Google Fi is good

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I'm aware. But if a substantial hike goes through and is passed along after my already agreed to lease, they can't gently caress with my rent until the renewal comes around. And I could always move somewhere outside that city's limit.

I don't own jack poo poo so I can literally move in two or three carloads, comfort depending. One load if I scrap it all again.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

MurderBot posted:

Yeah, I've been using it since 2015. No real complaints. Call quality over WiFi seems a little degraded compared to a normal cellular call, but my house is basically a Faraday cage, so I'll take what I can get.

I practically never pay more than 25 bucks a month, because almost all my data usage occurs when I'm in a WiFi zone.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

MurderBot posted:

I'm in Tacoma, ditched AT&T for Fi a little while ago, coverage is way better. Also much cheaper.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

MurderBot posted:

I don't have FI but I can confirm that the Pixel is a pretty darn good Android phone. Leadership wanted all our work phones to be Android; I had to give up my iPhone SE but I've adjusted.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I don't have FI but I can confirm that the Pixel is a pretty darn good Android phone. Leadership wanted all our work phones to be Android; I had to give up my iPhone SE but I've adjusted.

This is pretty weird for me. Company I work for did a pilot program b/c there were a couple execs who were android fanboys; it lasted 6 months and then they went all ios.

ps i love my SE so much, its peak phone for me

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

This is pretty weird for me. Company I work for did a pilot program b/c there were a couple execs who were android fanboys; it lasted 6 months and then they went all ios.

ps i love my SE so much, its peak phone for me

I think they surveyed everyone and most of my coworkers already had android devices. Also my boss is a huge Android fan boy.

I'm giving the SE to my mom and I still have my 7+ as my personal phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

I took my car into the dealership to get serviced and they tried to sell me a new car which would have costed more than mine was new ($27,000) and they wanted me to trade mine in, which means I would lose $13,000 (the current value of my car). What bunch of loving scammers.

lol you went to the dealer for service

• Locked thread