Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dahn posted:

Biden will get in, and he will be the nominee. So don't worry.

But he's already VP for life!

Biden/Biden 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dahn posted:

Biden will get in, and he will be the nominee. So don't worry.

Splitting the democratic base into thirds with Sanders supporters, Hillary supporters and Biden supporters would be very bad.

Selling Hillary as the first women president, and then having the Democratic leadership go "well lol ok, she actually sucks, how about VP?" would not fly with voters

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Harrow posted:

Biden/Biden 2016

I'd be okay with him being VP for another 8 years.

Has that ever happened before anyways? Someone getting selected as the VP in two separate administrations?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chris Christie posted:

Patiently waiting for CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc Bobbleheads to crucify Bernie as a RAYYYYYYYSSSSSIIISSSSTTTTTT for his 100% correct take on the border and the abject stupidity of flooding a labor market already characterized by an unprecedented surplus of labor over demand for labor with millions of new unskilled laborers.

Yes, Bernie's radical stance on open borders, which is exactly the same as the position of every other elected official in the US.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Harrow posted:

I'm starting to worry a bit that the Democrats don't actually have a winning candidate this time around. Sanders is extremely unlikely to get to the general, no matter how much Clinton's disapproval rating rises; meanwhile, that disapproval is going to follow her into the general, and I think she'll have a very hard time mobilizing Democratic voters as a result.

That said, I'm far from an expert and it's also extremely early.

Hillary has high approval ratings among Democrats and low approval ratings among Republicans. Pretty much around whoever would be the Democratic nominee. Independents are becoming more irrelevant as they skew more conservative.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Mark Cuban as Trumps VP

http://fortune.com/2015/07/31/mark-cuban-donald-trump-veep/

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wouldn't he have to sell the Mavs then

That's not happening

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

That's not happening

Why would he have to sell them?
Is that some sort of NBA rule?

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

So that's how Trump plans on winning the Latino vote.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So Trump is going to get center stage at Thursdays debate and everyone has to be to his left or right :lol:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

EugeneJ posted:

That's not happening

He'd just have to put them into a blind trust, I think.

Useless Shotgun
Nov 5, 2010

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.

Thump! posted:

Has that ever happened before anyways? Someone getting selected as the VP in two separate administrations?

George Clinton served under Jefferson and Madison. John C. Calhoun served under John Q. Adams and Jackson before Calhoun quit over the whole Nullofication Crisis. Jackson also hated Calhoun and one of his last regrets was not hanging him.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

So Trump is going to get center stage at Thursdays debate and everyone has to be to his left or right :lol:

It's the Roast all over again

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Chris Christie posted:

Patiently waiting for CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc Bobbleheads to crucify Bernie as a RAYYYYYYYSSSSSIIISSSSTTTTTT

But he's a liberal

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

TheDisreputableDog posted:

But he's a liberal

last i heard they were the real racists so it check out

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
I don't think anyone posted this ....it is 3 days old.

Trump already picking Cabinet

Trey Gowdy for AG

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/breaking-donald-trump-just-announced-his-pick-for-attorney-general-hillarys-worst-nightmare/

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Jeb Bush is addressing the National Urban League Conference right now

pugnax posted:

As someone who spent their teenage years in the Conejo Valley (albeit in the mid 90s), this couldn't be more accurate.

I hung out with a lot of those people, in the Conejo Valley, during the mid-90's. I can confirm this as well.

Improper Umlaut fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 31, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's the first mention of Donald J. Trump in the New York Times from 1973: Major Landlord Accused of Antiblack Bias in City.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
An unseen Trump documentary from decades ago is finally out: http://trumpthemovie.com/watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F-dB6Lj80k

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Harrow posted:

Biden/Biden 2016

Not if the Secret Service won't let him drive his Mustang. "Get in or shoot me" was the closest Real Biden got to Onion Biden.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
So I heard that Clinton is going to give a speech in Florida today calling for the lift of the Cuba embargo? When is that happening?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DutchDupe posted:

So I heard that Clinton is going to give a speech in Florida today calling for the lift of the Cuba embargo? When is that happening?

That's about as ballsy as she's been so far--to give it in Florida, I mean.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

if this is a shop it's indistinguishable from our post-sanity reality

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

Last night, former Texas Rep. Ron Paul gave a 51-minute speech to young libertarians in Washington. He talked about the collapse of Greece's economy, the Cold War, the military draft, the works of Frederic Bastiat, and the many faults of the Federal Reserve.

"I think there's a presidential election coming up," Paul joked late into the speech. "Am I a candidate this year? No, I'm not!"

After the laughter from 300-odd Young Americans for Liberty activists died down, Paul cited "two individuals right now that have sort of caught the attention. One of them is way over on this side -- I don't know where to put him, but he's not on the libertarian side. He's making a lot of noise. That's a guy named Trump. The other is named Bernie Sanders," he said.

:angel:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/07/31/ron-paul-say-two-candidates-are-dominating-2016-rand-paul-isnt-one-of-them/

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Couldn't Trump leading the polls be explained by their being a hardcore set of Trump fans, but they only make up around 20% of GOP voters, and the rest of the 80% who would not vote for him is being split amongst the remaining 16?

Meaning that once the field narrows to 5 or so Trump would lose his lead.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

That's more like it

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 31, 2015

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

theblackw0lf posted:

Couldn't Trump leading the polls be explained by their being a hardcore set of Trump fans, but they only make up around 20% of GOP voters, and the rest of the 80% who would not vote for him is being split amongst the remaining 16?

Yeah.

I think Trump getting the nomination is extraordinarily unlikely. Honestly, I think him even getting to the primaries without sinking himself is fairly unlikely. I imagine by early next year this whole Trump thing will be a fondly remembered joke in D&D with no relevance to the actual primary.

But I may be giving the Republican party too much credit.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Of course Donald Trump would only be seen with a lily white Oreo. Is this really real?

Trump is using all the oxygen in the room for the crazy wing of the party. This is bad for candidates like Huckabee and Cruz who are equally inflammatory but don't do it with as much flair.

If anything Trump is great for Bush. The moderate, pro business types are going to gather around him.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

Trump has peaked, he can't possibly go above 20%.

There Republican party is only 20% retarded, the other 80% are just split among the 16 other reasonable candidates.

Once the Trump circus dies down, the voters will fall in line like the are told, and vote for one of the reasonable candidates.

We have checked the secret Koch database and there is nothing to worry about.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I thought the mascot was representing just the white stuffing because it was a Double Stuf Oreo.

And then I noticed it was a Golden Double Stuf Oreo. The classiest, most luxurious of cookies.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Thump! posted:

It has, but what hasn't happened is a third term for a vice president before. You might expect it to have happened with FDR, but he had 3 different vice presidents.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
This has been a pretty eventful presidential campaign so far, so I think it's time to think about the little things, like how heartwarming it is that we can make a terminally ill six-year-old a presidential candidate.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i don't understand; i don't know if i want to

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oh bummer I was really hoping for him to choose Twinkie the Kid for VP

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't understand; i don't know if i want to

who cares to understand

just laugh at the absurdity

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bobby Kotick gave $50,000 to Chris Christie's Super PAC America Leads.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Bobby Kotick gave $50,000 to Chris Christie's Super PAC America Leads.

Well, now we know what the next WoW expansion is going to be about.

Iran

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
How will Jeb's name be written on the election ballots? Jeb Bush, or John Ellis Bush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Man, I hope that those people who did that election fighting 'game' in '12 (Political Kombat, I think it was called?) will release something for '16 as well. Trump will no longer be just a 'secret character'!

e: this was a propos of nothing, I just heard the Mortal Kombat theme today for the first time in ages.

• Locked thread