Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

1stGear posted:

The Fall Guys side of the collab is uninteresting to me, but if the stuff they add to the Gold Saucer is cool, I hope it stays permanently.

its a cool idea but i feel like it's going to be [yoship voice] Nightmare with ffxiv's netcode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Countblanc posted:

its a cool idea but i feel like it's going to be [yoship voice] Nightmare with ffxiv's netcode

yeah it's gonna rule

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hogama posted:

One of the new Allied Tribes in the expansions is the Pelupelu, whom players may recognize from Final Fantasy X. They're small, they're skilled traders, and their home base of operations is in Urqopacha.

I am genuinely surprised I have seen no people reacting with shock that these guys were their own race in Final Fantasy X, because there is genuinely nothing in X or X-2 that indicates that these are their own species instead of just really short Al Bhed. They weren't even given a name until years later.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I am genuinely surprised I have seen no people reacting with shock that these guys were their own race in Final Fantasy X, because there is genuinely nothing in X or X-2 that indicates that these are their own species instead of just really short Al Bhed. They weren't even given a name until years later.

There's like 5 or 6 different weirdo not-human races in FFX what are you talking about? Why would anyone be shocked by that?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I suppose shock was a strong word. I just mean that the Pelupelu weren't really given any particular indication they were their own race in their source game to the point they weren't even given a name until years after the fact. I think there's probably less than five in the game, too, so that just makes it less clear.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 29, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

For what it is worth, there's a short story for Erenville on the tales from the dawn website, in which he discusses taking a new name when leaving home. This implies Golmore to me (as that is a Vieran practice) but could indeed be Tural.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I suppose shock was a strong word. I just mean that the Pelupelu weren't really given any particular indication they were their own race in their source game to the point they weren't even given a name until years after the fact. I think there's probably less than five in the game, too, so that just makes it less clear.

They are the size of a child, speak in an unusual away, and appear to have beaks. It is really surprising to me that people didn't think that. The size alone kinda made it obvious.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I thought they were wearing silly hats or masks or something

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They don't define what "diminutive" means so for all we know they're just Hyur who are a bit shorter than you can make one. That's certainly what the guy on that slide looks like.

And it is very obviously a mask (it even says so on the slide)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
There were so few of those guys in X and X-2, especially given any prominence, that my reaction wasn't even 'oh yeah it's those guys', it was 'they made an entire race out of that one guy'.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Where's the Moomba YoshiP?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Given like half the population of Spira are weirdos and no one even mentions I don't think assuming they were just one of them was unreasonable.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I kinda want to switch to default Hyar male now.

Meteor Survivor looks really good as a swashbuckling Orlando Bloom/William Turner.

Fast edit: On the first watch, I thought some of the light in his hair was him greying, and I went, "Whoa! We're getting getting old!"

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 29, 2023

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

OhFunny posted:

I kinda want to switch to default Hyar male now.

Meteor Survivor looks really good as a swashbuckling Orlando Bloom/William Turner.

Fast edit: On the first watch, I thought some of the light in his hair was him greying, and I went, "Whoa! We're getting getting old!"

FF14 is old enough the character has probably reached 35, the age at which Auron was an old man with gray hair

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And somehow it's only been one year. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I played FFX a couple years ago and I never even noticed those dudes so yes it is entirely possible

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

And somehow it's only been one year. :v:

The story has all happened within 1 year, but the stress due to that has caused the WoL to accelerate their aging by 10+ years anyway, makes sense.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I continue to take the controversial stance that, in spite of all possible evidence or logic to the contrary, the entirety of XIV’s story has only taken place over one day.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the game has taken place over however many in-game days have passed since launch. which quick maths mean it's been roughly... 264 years.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

people on twitter being like "oh I totally called that it would be named Thaleia" are so funny to me

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

After the previous two tiers were the first two names of The Three Graces, it is extremely impressive to guess that the third would, in fact, be the third Grace. :v:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They refuse to unleash Tallphinaud and Tallerisaie

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Runa posted:

They refuse to unleash Tallphinaud and Tallerisaie

I'm ok with them waiting a bit longer because it's probably going to feel like an "ah poo poo the kids are growing up I'm getting so old" sort of thing and I'm already dealing with that enough irl! :v:

Can't wait for another 3 or 4 expacs to go by and the WoL is like fully greying and when you bend over to pick up a quest item you have a random chance for your bones to start hurting mysteriously.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm hoping Meteion shows up in some way to close out Endwalker, maybe with the Tataru quests.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So I slept through the live letter and don't currently have time to watch. I heard there was a new custom delivery NPC? I can't find someone actually saying who it was.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Cleretic posted:

So I slept through the live letter and don't currently have time to watch. I heard there was a new custom delivery NPC? I can't find someone actually saying who it was.

"This person is beyond your help. Only sleep can save her now."

From what I've been told.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cleretic posted:

Margrat, one of the Sharalayn workers in Labrynthos.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bell_ posted:

I'm hoping Meteion shows up in some way to close out Endwalker, maybe with the Tataru quests.

I'm comfortable with the level of ambiguity off her fate as is seeing her again is just going to raise questions we don't need

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Margrat, one of the Sharalayn workers in Labrynthos.

Oh, gently caress yes

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont like when the ffxiv team jokes about being overworked and sleep deprived, i feel like that's a problem they should solve rather than making light of. unless they already did solve it and i'm just not aware of that i guess

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Cleretic posted:

Oh, gently caress yes

When they revealed the screenshot of her, "...does anybody remember who this is? Anyone? Okay one person what's your name?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i dont like when the ffxiv team jokes about being overworked and sleep deprived, i feel like that's a problem they should solve rather than making light of. unless they already did solve it and i'm just not aware of that i guess

The FFXIV team is noted for going above and beyond the point they should, such as adding a bunch of viera/hroth hats in their spare time, and YoshiP has repeatedly basically said "We are extend the time between patches because we can't keep it up." It's a lighthearted joke about the fact they work hard and probably harder than they genuinely need to.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
It's honestly sounding to me like they push themselves so hard not because the company makes them, but because they genuinely want to.

But I am probably the least qualified person to make that call, so feel free to call me a naive moron or whatever if there are enough signs that I'm horribly wrong.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

At the fanfests they all seem to genuinely love their jobs at least

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think they really try to avoid the usual game developer crunch. They just aren't always successful.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bruceski posted:

When they revealed the screenshot of her, "...does anybody remember who this is? Anyone? Okay one person what's your name?"

BlazetheInferno posted:

"This person is beyond your help. Only sleep can save her now."

From what I've been told.

it's me! i remember that npc! i even made a gif of them when i encountered them in my playthrough lmao

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wasn't she literally featured in a quest this patch, or a recent one? i recognized her immediately and assumed they were doing a bit lol

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Countblanc posted:

wasn't she literally featured in a quest this patch, or a recent one? i recognized her immediately and assumed they were doing a bit lol

Yup! She finally got some sleep

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My favorite one from that quest is still "This woman is handling all this better than you are"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

She’s doing the Sundrop now because she’s so happy she got some sleep even.