Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

They broke up after losing the tag titles last December.

Man I am just out of it. I was binging through some Big Japan when they were the tag champs recently, so I gotta get to the current scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Gran Naniwa appearantly passed away. Cause of death: A heart attack at age 33. :(

RIP Crab Man. I had no idea he was that young during Michinoku Pro's glory days.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/12/02/puroresu-pulse-issue-184-ode-to-the-great-crab
NANIWA~

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the NOAH show from 12/5 owns. That is all.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KENTAFUJI TEAMED UP AGAIN~! :holy:

Ditch is this a 1 time thing? 2/3 Falls match out of nowhere.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
One-time only in all likelihood. It was a 'special' show where the card was booked by Masao Inoue. Wrestler-booked one-offs are becoming a common thing to do in Japan.

I will add that there's a tiny tiny chance KENTAFuji might return to beat Kanemoto/Tiger Mask for the junior tag titles, since that would be a good excuse to bring the team back and their title defenses could do decent business against outside teams. But I think Marufuji/Aoki will probably win; Aoki needs it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I selfishly wanted KENTAFuji vs. Kanemoto/TM4.

Also wasn't he going to unmask or something this year?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how many years does noah have left? they dont seem to be making many new stars and they've been running less shows lately :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
TM4 was never gonna unmask, unless you think the debut of TM5 obligated him to.

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

how many years does noah have left? they dont seem to be making many new stars and they've been running less shows lately :(
They can keep grinding it out for years, I mean look at frigging Zero-One.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Ditch posted:

Wow, I seriously had no idea Z1 still existed. Holy poo poo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

not if kobashi and crew really do pull out

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Meltzer reports that sanity has prevailed and there won't be a split.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So what is the deal with KENTA and Marufuji? They try to murder each other one weekend and then they're teaming?

Sometimes I think NOAH is booked by drawing lots.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Their singles match wasn't especially hateful, and the Masao Inoue-booked show was booked by MASAO INOUE. So there~

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You have any idea what was said at the end of that match?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Their singles match wasn't especially hateful, and the Masao Inoue-booked show was booked by MASAO INOUE. So there~

If throwing a dude over the railing and then trying to moonsault on him isn't hateful, I don't know what is.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.
I see it more as both guys having the mentality of "there is someone in front of me, I am going to gently caress him up." but they are both equally capable of doing it so it escalates to an intense competition to kill the other person.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Quebradas ain't hateful. You want hate, check out KENTA's version of the facewash that he does to Kanemoto. Fuuuuuuuuug

HulkaMatt posted:

You have any idea what was said at the end of that match?
If it involved Aoki, it was to set up Marufuji & Aoki challenging for the junior tag titles.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
TOKYO DOME CARD

0-1. World Wrestling Interpromotional Match: Wataru Inoue, Tiger Mask, Tomoaki Honma & Tama Tonga vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, Jado & Gedo
0-2. World Wrestling Invitation Match: Koji Kanemoto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega & Taichi
1. IWGP Tag Team Title – 3WAY Match: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson (c) vs. James Storm & Robert Roode vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man
2. ROAD TO FANTASIC MANIA: Jushin Thunder Liger & Hector Garza vs. La Sombra & Mascara Dorada
3. DEEP SLEEP TO LOSE: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Takashi Iizuka
4. NJPW-TNA Greatest Showcase: Toru Yano vs. Rob Van Dam
5. NO JUSTICE, NO LIFE: Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki
6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
7. NJPW vs. NOAH Battle Combustion I – Kazuchika Okada Return Match: Hirooki Goto & Kazuchika Okada vs. Takashi Sugiura & Yoshihiro Takayama
8. TNA World Heavyweight Title: Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
9. NJPW vs. NOAH Battle Combustion II: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Go Shiozaki
10. The Absolute Exhaust: Togi Makabe vs. Masato Tanaka
11. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

There is no :psyduck: big enough.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jeff Hardy vs. Tetsuya Naito.

What.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

c'mon Russo, you know you want to do a title change in Japan. c'mon....

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

I see it more as both guys having the mentality of "there is someone in front of me, I am going to gently caress him up." but they are both equally capable of doing it so it escalates to an intense competition to kill the other person.

ok, that works. No eye gouging, good clean competition. To the death.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Ditch posted:

TOKYO DOME CARD

3. DEEP SLEEP TO LOSE: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Takashi Iizuka
5. NO JUSTICE, NO LIFE: Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki
10. The Absolute Exhaust: Togi Makabe vs. Masato Tanaka

There is no :psyduck: big enough.
This isn't the only card with weird names for matches. Has anyone figured out how NJPW names this stuff? I mean the Nagata/Suzuki match kind of makes sense but the rest seem like random words thrown together. Translation errors?

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!

Korak posted:

This isn't the only card with weird names for matches. Has anyone figured out how NJPW names this stuff? I mean the Nagata/Suzuki match kind of makes sense but the rest seem like random words thrown together. Translation errors?

Nah, they probably just think that it looks cool.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Match 3 is essentially a sleeper/chokeout match.

Match 10.......

NegaVoid
Dec 14, 2010
I actually can not wait to see the Devitt/Kota match. That will be something.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/12/16/puroresu-pulse-issue-185-a-stocking-stacked-with-stuff
THIS WEEK: Lots of stuff. Just... lots.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Holy crap did I ever forget to post stuff here!

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2010/12/28/puroresu-pulse-issue-186-big-in-2010-big-in-2011/
Here's the 2-weeks-ago column.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/01/14/puroresu-pulse-issue-187-main-event-outlooks-for-njpw-noah-dragon-gate-ajpw/
Here's this week's column.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

quote:

NOAH: Takayama vs KENTA has been added for the 15th in Osaka. Kotaro Suzuki defends the junior title against Eddie Edwards on the 29th.

Man I hope this match hits the internets.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That much you can be sure of.

Also: happy 5th birthday to this thread!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

That much you can be sure of.

Also: happy 5th birthday to this thread!

Strange question, but any news on you returning to the Dr, Keith Presents show? I remember Alan mentioning, either on the air or at least in passing on the board, that he wanted to do a look back at puro in 2010 and have you on.

Actually, someone may have requested it instead of Alan mentioning it. Nonetheless, it's been a hell of a year in Japan as far as match quality, not that it's any surprise.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Nonetheless, it's been a hell of a year in Japan as far as match quality, not that it's any surprise.
As someone who isn't into current Dragon Gate, or Prince Devitt, or any number of other things, I think 2010 was quite a bit weaker than any year since at least '80 if not earlier. So I wouldn't be the best one to talk about it. However, I was on about 10 days ago to talk about 2003 and to preview last week's Dome show!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

However, I was on about 10 days ago to talk about 2003 and to preview last week's Dome show!

D'oh! I missed that one; nothing to see here lads move along....

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
NOAH in Germany? :dance: Too bad it'll be on the other side of the country. :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Ditch posted:

As someone who isn't into current Dragon Gate, or Prince Devitt, or any number of other things, I think 2010 was quite a bit weaker than any year since at least '80 if not earlier. So I wouldn't be the best one to talk about it.
I love reading Alan's online ramblings just because of how excited he gets about stuff but I think listening to him rave about all 500 of his favorite DG matches of 2010 would be enough to drive anyone insane.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

frankenfreak posted:

NOAH in Germany? :dance: Too bad it'll be on the other side of the country. :(

Isn't germany tiny? My state has an area the combined size of France and Germany currently flooded. Suck it up.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Wazzu posted:

Isn't germany tiny? My state has an area the combined size of France and Germany currently flooded. Suck it up.

If you're asking from an Australian perspective, sure, Germany's probably small. It's less than half the size of NSW.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wazzu posted:

It's big enough that hiking across the country is not an option. :v: I was just looking up train tickets and they're goddamn expansive for such a trip.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

frankenfreak posted:

It's big enough that hiking across the country is not an option. :v: I was just looking up train tickets and they're goddamn expansive for such a trip.

Europass, nigga.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Illinois Smith posted:

I love reading Alan's online ramblings just because of how excited he gets about stuff but I think listening to him rave about all 500 of his favorite DG matches of 2010 would be enough to drive anyone insane.

Alan4L is a coque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Alan is a real nice guy. :)