Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Can’t remember if I’ve posted it in this thread, but had to unsubscribe from TFS due to Anka. Just an abysmal caricature of a journalist and a football fan. And he ruined a wrestling podcast I enjoyed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Max and Barry on Australian TV

Max: Is there anything I could ask you that would cause you to walk off screen?

Barry: No.

Max: Do you want to tell the Australian's that story of you on the tube train?

*Barry walks off*

Max, goofy grin, looks directly at camera: I'm sure it's on google. Google it.

I'm dying. I can't breathe. :discourse:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

algebra testes posted:

Max and Barry on Australian TV

Max: Is there anything I could ask you that would cause you to walk off screen?

Barry: No.

Max: Do you want to tell the Australian's that story of you on the tube train?

*Barry walks off*

Max, goofy grin, looks directly at camera: I'm sure it's on google. Google it.

I'm dying. I can't breathe. :discourse:

https://twitter.com/OptusSport/status/1409109531339018245

(it's right at the end)

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

The Wilson Sunderland nonsense was brilliant.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

It absolutely penned Max in and provided a great outro. Love when Wilson goes full Mackem.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Just heard this. Genius.

Looking forward to full rage Phillipe today.

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.

algebra testes posted:

Just heard this. Genius.

Looking forward to full rage Phillipe today.

Phillipe does not disappoint

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Moby_Dick posted:

Nor does 1 star Yelp Review.

drat I love this stupid podcast.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Moby_Dick posted:

The way he spat out “Rabiot” was perfect.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Wanted to enjoy post-England podcasts so tried Totally Football Show again and holy loving hell do I hate that Laurents guy

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

He's a pound shop Auclair OP

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Didn't he used to be on FW at times? Before the split?

I know he was on the Times one, but that went to poo poo a few years ago. I see he has one with Marcotti for ESPN now. I would bet that's pretentious poo poo.

Aside from Jimbo, was there anyone of note lost when Totally Football Show split off?

Speaking of Athletic branded podcasts, I've metioned it before, but The Football Cliches Podcast is great. As with any others, the guests can determine if how good an episode is, but it's a good example of a funny pod that doesn't veer into "banter". A bit like The Ramble was in the early days.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I maintain Daniel Storey is sound.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

britishbornandbread posted:

I maintain Daniel Storey is sound.

Was he on Football Weekly? I can't remember. There used to be a lot of people on there with very similar accents (to me, anyway) that just melded together into one person. That bloke who was doing that tedius beer challenge comes to mind. Can't remember who that was. Some of them are still there, but there's a bit more variety now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Aside from Jimbo, was there anyone of note lost when Totally Football Show split off?

Raphael Honigstein is the only one I can think of offhand, but whether that's a huge loss or not is up to you.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

harperdc posted:

Raphael Honigstein is the only one I can think of offhand, but whether that's a huge loss or not is up to you.

Never liked him, really smug. It came through in an article I read by him the other day, too.

Doesn't help that I don't watch Bundesliga either, I guess. I generally skip those bits on FW.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What about Fernando Duarte I liked him.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

He’s just as off putting as Laurents.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Completly forgot about him. Ok in small doses if I remember right.

Is he on Totally Football?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I believe so, though I recall his nadir being Brazil 2014.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Mickolution posted:

FW is markedly improved since Jimbo hosed off, so including him, no, no one of note was lost.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I would agree with that. I was sad when Jimbo left, but Max has been wonderful since stepping up.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

britishbornandbread posted:

I would agree with that. I was sad when Jimbo left, but Max has been wonderful since stepping up.

Yeah it's 100% this. I was never a Max hater anyway, but the show is honestly way better since Jimbo left, even though it sucked at the time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1412872172360568839?s=20

webmeister posted:

Yeah it's 100% this. I was never a Max hater anyway, but the show is honestly way better since Jimbo left, even though it sucked at the time.

:emptyquote:

Also the most recent Great Games, Sampdoria 0 Barcelona 1 is another great episode.

update: https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1412883174229688324?s=20

loving pricks

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 7, 2021

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Double posting to say Max sounds worse than after the defeat to Croatia lol.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Double posting to say Max sounds worse than after the defeat to Croatia lol.

Yeah he sounds super wobbly and barely holding it together in places

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Oh Max :(

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly

That was incredibly moving at the end of the pod. Whereas all the Totally Football Euro pods that I have checked out have had the tone of being recorded at a wake.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Delighted that my fiancé and I checked into our hotel ahead of the final tomorrow, I made her listen to that email as we both had a can, and we were both in tears by the end.

I hope we do this, but I appreciate we likely won’t.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1414385034300207105?s=20

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/barneyronay/status/1414489739349082113

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Lars looks asleep

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

webmeister posted:

Lars looks asleep

Think that's John Brewin.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also shout outs to Mrs Rushden "oh... did they lose?"

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Does anyone still listed to beyond the pitch? I remember them doing really interesting reporting and then the presenter kind of stole everything, gritted them, and hosed off a few years ago. I just kind of randomly thought about that today… looks like it’s still an active feed

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I enjoy that the great football podcast schism was so incredibly bitter and personal.

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1416489364457148423?s=21

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lol loving hell baz

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
What's the backstory there?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Tortilla Maker posted:

What's the backstory there?

Macintosh was the driving force behind setting up Totally Football Show, where him and Jimbo left Football Weekly a few days before the start of the season. Max has since said he thinks they were expecting The Guardian to be caught unawares and just license the new show, but instead they drafted Max at the 11th hour and the rest is history.

I don’t know specifically what Baz is referring to but I’d guess FW is stronger than it’s ever been, while TFS has continually struggled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

peanut- posted:

I enjoy that the great football podcast schism was so incredibly bitter and personal.

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/status/1416489364457148423?s=21

drat.

webmeister posted:

Macintosh was the driving force behind setting up Totally Football Show, where him and Jimbo left Football Weekly a few days before the start of the season. Max has since said he thinks they were expecting The Guardian to be caught unawares and just license the new show, but instead they drafted Max at the 11th hour and the rest is history.

I don’t know specifically what Baz is referring to but I’d guess FW is stronger than it’s ever been, while TFS has continually struggled.

My recollection is he became a guest only for about a year too before convincing Jimbo to leave, so there was this attitude of this new comer coming in and upsetting the apple cart.