Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Magres posted:

I've been without contact with the outside world for about two days, someone catch me up?

Some alt-right nutjobs had plans to blow up an apartment building full of Muslims, and to shoot their children dead. Like, serious plans. But the FBI caught them

Then today someone firebombed a GOP field office in North Carolina and some of the people in the thread exploded between people arguing against political violence while others condoned it

Trump said a bunch of stupid poo poo and basically threatened to shut down Saturday Night Live if elected, continues to slip in the polls in major battleground states and normally-red states

Assange's internet access in the Ecuadorian Embassy has been cut off by "a state actor", that actor being probably just Ecuador after it was discovered that Assange has been being a sexual predator online

Trek chat wherein we discuss why Star Trek is a garbage series made by garbage people for garbage people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Magres posted:

I've been without contact with the outside world for about two days, someone catch me up?

Julian Assange is a pedophile

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Magres posted:

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

What is your opinion on whether or not the GOP is 100% white supremacists?

Related: what is your opinion on politically motivated arson?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Epic High Five posted:

I'm sure he'd love to but unless he's getting smuggled out by Russian agents I'm not sure how that sort of thing would be possible

I really hope they try, the CIA is watching and they nab him out from their own dumb noses so Assy can visit the US right when Trump loses. Maybe they can even be court buddies! I'm sure there are a lot of Russian hackers he will immediately squeal about to make sure he isn't tossed into a federal prison with meat around his neck while the guards scream "PEDOPHILE" to all the other inmates.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Corny posted:

https://twitter.com/SandraEckersley/status/787918450547044354

so uh guess we know what julian assange has been up to :wow:

:vince:

Holy wow. That's ... something.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Mukaikubo posted:

remember that the actor was like poo poo YEAH, CAST A DUDE, I'LL USE TONGUE ON HIM LET'S GET QUEER AS FUUUUUUUUUCK for that ep but the writers/producers chickened out

jonathan frakes kinda owned

I just read that on Wikipedia. That really does own.

Then DS9 had that cheesecake lesbian scene with Dax and her wife from a previous host. I remember when that episode aired and it felt like nothing more than fan service.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Julian Assange is a pedophile

He's an out and proud libertarian so being a pedophile really went without saying

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This Jullian Assange thing can turn out to 100% true and conservatives will still have a more positive view of him than Chelsea Manning.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Release the chat logs, Julian!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Release the chat logs, Julian!

That won't hurt Clinton so no

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

Best episode is the one where he gets his mind taken over by a probe that makes him live out the memories of a long dead guy from a dying planet. I saw a rerun of that when I was like 5 and I still think about it sometimes.

If I were Picard I would have kept that probe and punk'd people with it.

"Eat poo poo Riker, you just spent 50 imaginary years living out your life as some old dude on a dying planet where everyone you know and love is doomed, now you barely remember your own name!"
"So you want to jam on our flutes together?"

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Skippy McPants posted:

Wait, is Frakes dead? Google says no. Did he do something to lose his ownage status? Cause Riker's open-door, equal opportunity boning policy was one of the coolest things about TNG. Dude was down for anything, with anyone, at any time.

nah poor choice of words, he is still around. And yeah Riker was awesome. If dude had been on the original series he'd have been like "so this is basically a blob that drools acid and eats rock. okay. Bones... wheres the hole. You know the one."

like Kirk gets the rep but poo poo, Riker was probably worse, the man just had a holodeck and command privileges to keep the edge off whenever he needed. Kirk gets horny, it's either try to seduce the yeoman for the eighth time or a bottle of space lotion and pics of green ladies

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

"So you want to jam on our flutes together?"

It's Riker. Of course he does.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
I had a literature professor make us watch Darmok to make a point about all the references in Deor no one understands and never will be able to understand. Surprisingly useful.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Man, all this talk about political violence is poo poo. Let's whine about Star Trek!

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
By now it's OLD, but I wanted to point another aspect that really finishes the picture for me: the ZioNazi sign also looks a bit like one of the most common Chinese characters, 子/zǐ, for person or child.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The episode where Riker has a forbidden romance with an androgynous alien who's obviously played by a female, thus losing all the impact of the point about gay tolerance that it was supposedly making.
Fairness to Riker's actor: He wanted that alien to be played by a man, not a woman, but the producers chickened out.

e: gently caress, beaten! i am without honor

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I'm sorry, but I hate these kind of articles. "Congrats, you're no longer a neonazi!" Isn't something that should be lauded as remarkable, but white people seem to need near constant praise.

FactsAreUseless posted:

White people should be praised when they do good things, but not consistently. They should get praised once for every random number of good things. That's stronger reinforcement.

No, white people should not be handed cookies for managing to figure out that it's loving stupid to hate people based solely on the color or their skin or their last name and literally nothing else, especially when they are the privileged class. This near constant need to center yourselves, even when you're the villain in every objective sense, is annoying as the gently caress to every PoC. It will only make that fall from privilege all the more harder on white people and more likely for them to lash out in violence when that privilege does disappear.

TL;DR - you don't get a cookie for managing to act like a decent human being. The floor of humanity. for everyone else should not be the ceiling for white people.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

gfsincere posted:

TL;DR - you don't get a cookie for managing to act like a decent human being. The floor of humanity. for everyone else should not be the ceiling for white people.

Agreed. It's just one way for us to try to hold onto relevance a little longer.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

I agree, if we just yell even more angrily at people who are trying to do better, they will keep trying to do better and not give up and vote for trump

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Has the CNN poll of polls been posted yet? 47 38 for the ones rigging the election, 10-13 Oct.

September one was 42 40.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 17, 2016

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Mukaikubo posted:

I agree, if we just yell even more angrily at people who are trying to do better, they will keep trying to do better and not give up and vote for trump

Won't somebody please think of the poor ex racists.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

QuarkJets posted:

Some alt-right nutjobs had plans to blow up an apartment building full of Muslims, and to shoot their children dead. Like, serious plans. But the FBI caught them

Then today someone firebombed a GOP field office in North Carolina and some of the people in the thread exploded between people arguing against political violence while others condoned it

Trump said a bunch of stupid poo poo and basically threatened to shut down Saturday Night Live if elected, continues to slip in the polls in major battleground states and normally-red states

Assange's internet access in the Ecuadorian Embassy has been cut off by "a state actor", that actor being probably just Ecuador after it was discovered that Assange has been being a sexual predator online

Trek chat wherein we discuss why Star Trek is a garbage series made by garbage people for garbage people

Holy poo poo what?

Star Trek is awesome stuff. It's a scifi gateway

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Won't somebody please think of the poor ex racists slightly less racist racists.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Won't somebody please think of the poor ex racists.

Like I don't give a gently caress about their feelings, but do you want them to change or just bunker in when their first tentative steps towards being a decent human being are met with outraged screams of YOU'RE STILL A poo poo MAN instead of HEY GOOD FIRST STEP BUT THERE'S A WAY TO GO.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This Jullian Assange thing can turn out to 100% true and conservatives will still have a more positive view of him than Chelsea Manning.
We'll possibly see nothing happen though. He'll claim the US framed him just like his rape charges. If the little rat-faced poo poo falls in the shower and breaks his neck we'll still be blamed. Of course I've heard he isn't really into hygiene.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gfsincere posted:

No, white people should not be handed cookies for managing to figure out that it's loving stupid to hate people based solely on the color or their skin or their last name and literally nothing else, especially when they are the privileged class.
I said this before, but: I was just making a psychology joke. Random interval reinforcement is the idea that if a behavior is positively reinforced, but only sometimes, that reinforcement is stronger. It's the same principle used in things like lovely f2p mobile games and slot machines. I was not making a serious statement about politics.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Clinton is a Time Lady and the e-mail server her TARDIS, Trump is a Dalek and Pence a Cyberman.

Kaine is Arthur Dent.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The latest Star Trek movie is the hardest mainstream progressivism propaganda I have ever seen. It's basically a huge Stronger Together ad with good spaceship CGI (for the random reinforcement).

I loved it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

Which episodes were your favorite? My favorite was the one where the doctor has sex with a 500 year-old ghost who lives in a candle.

My second favorite is where the crew had to save a bunch of actual Irish people because the Irish are a bunch of lazy drunk hicks who managed to gently caress up their colony. Hilarious!

Or the one where Worf condones the only sane course of action and everyone acts like he's crazy... oh wait that was like 90% of the episodes

How about the episode where Geordi is kidnapped by a race of literal retards?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Agents are GO! posted:

How about the episode where Geordi is kidnapped by a race of literal retards?
We have a representative of that proud people here in this very thread.

Nenonen posted:

Clinton is a Time Lady and the e-mail server her TARDIS, Trump is a Dalek and Pence a Cyberman.

Kaine is Arthur Dent.
Fair and accurate. Who's Ford Prefect? My money's on Lin Manuel-Miranda.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Even the most liberal places in the south still have plenty of conservatives who have lived there for decades and are resentful of newcomers invading what they see as their rightful territory. They want to paint liberal Orange county as the exact same as Jim Crow except aimed at people like them and this is exactly what you'd end up with.

dude those people were either priced out or gave up a long time ago. the whole place is newcomers and if anything it's the yankees keeping the republican party alive there the same as the rest of the triangle

the most likely possible scenario other than the obvious false flag is some dumbass kid from carolina did it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nessus posted:

We have a representative of that proud people here in this very thread.

And they are smart. They post things to make our thread go.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, at this point I bet there could be an actual video of Trump sexually assaulting a woman and the hardcore Trump supporters would either A) say if was a false flag attack with actors staged by the (((media))) or B) become convinced she was a liberal plot placed there by the Clintons to seduce Trump just so they'd have dirt on him in case he ever ran for President or C) not care at all because women having rights? Pfft, what a joke #RepealThe19th #NeverHillary #ZionistMedia.

Trump has not just courted, he's attempted to legitimize the whole 'the government did 9/11, faked the moon landing, killed JFK, are all reptiles, and ran over my dog' conspiracy wackos that you usually only see rarely. Paired with his dangerous rhetoric of 'the establishment is evil' and his spiraling out of control, I fear this won't be over just because Trump loses. He'll be sitting there in his Ivory Tower saying 'the election was stolen from me' and 'I'm the REAL President', and there will be a segment of the population who basically acts as if he's their leader.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
:siren: It's happening :siren:
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/787967804515446784
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/787969096486940672
POLLS
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/787969160647020544
FOX NEWS
https://twitter.com/mlcalderone/status/787968013278515200
Your Dark Cyberpunk Future
https://twitter.com/HarrietSalem/status/787959927167934464
What y'all know
https://twitter.com/JeffreyGoldberg/status/787847130031554560

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

B) become convinced she was a liberal plot placed there by the Clintons to seduce Trump
A Trump supporter on On Point the other day got more and more flustered as they pressed her about Trump's accusers, and ended her call by saying "they provoked him."

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

gfsincere posted:

No, white people should not be handed cookies for managing to figure out that it's loving stupid to hate people based solely on the color or their skin or their last name and literally nothing else, especially when they are the privileged class. This near constant need to center yourselves, even when you're the villain in every objective sense, is annoying as the gently caress to every PoC. It will only make that fall from privilege all the more harder on white people and more likely for them to lash out in violence when that privilege does disappear.

can you please read the rest of the thread before posting? he explained it was a jokey reference to psychology

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/787975250420072448

Heh.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

We'll possibly see nothing happen though. He'll claim the US framed him just like his rape charges. If the little rat-faced poo poo falls in the shower and breaks his neck we'll still be blamed. Of course I've heard he isn't really into hygiene.

IDK using the Ecuadorian embassy to front a child sex ring sounds like it's a quick way to either get him kicked out on the street (since the Ecudaorians can't exactly recall him back to Ecuador since he's not an actual diplomat) or the British to revoke their diplomatic immunity and raid the embassy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cingulate posted:

The latest Star Trek movie is the hardest mainstream progressivism propaganda I have ever seen. It's basically a huge Stronger Together ad with good spaceship CGI (for the random reinforcement).

I loved it.

Eh, i felt the plot of the latest Star Trek movie to be weak.

• Locked thread