Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arist posted:

i just want him to stop yelling so much

please

No it's one of his best features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what Mineta is being forced to watch?

Educational videos on workplace sexual harassment

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
sage advice

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dolash posted:

Showing that Monoma's quirk can't copy Eri's to heal Mirio feels a little bit like overkill, the sort of thing they could brush over with "we've tried everything" rather than having to shoot down each individual theory of how Mirio could be brought back. Then again, they did a good job of tying it into Midoriya's new perspective on One For All, and since there isn't much for Eri and Mirio to do these days maybe it's worth it just to let them put in an appearance.

And the post-training hangouts are good, as are the Tetsu Tetsu bonus pages. Him being flustered over using his first name was funny.

The goal there wasn't to heal Mirio, it was to see if Monoma could copy the quirk and figure out how to control it so they could have a frame of reference with which to teach Eri how to control it without hurting anyone, since Monoma's quirk seems to give him some baseline knowledge about how to use the quirks he copies. Mirio and Deku were there solely as emotional support since Monoma is an awful goon and Eri is still emotionally fragile and hates herself.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I wonder what Mineta is being forced to watch?

Alien marathon. All 89 movies.

Very good chapter. The class just hanging out and having fun remains some of the best parts of manga.

Also Eri's quirk being accumulation type finally puts some real limits on it, because she apparently needs.... something to reverse time, instead of just arbitrarily doing it whenever she wishes. Aaaand I'm pretty glad that both Eri and Mirio still feature heavily in the story, instead of just being put on the bus.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Eri’s horn seemed bigger and it’s now known as a cumulative gathering effect so will reach a point where they could try having her revert Mirio with Eraser watching. Alternatively they may have to use Deku training at 100% to drain it down again with her focusing on trying to control it and Eraser there for safety.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Easy clicking to get the picture unspoiled here

Man, what a great chapter. So much good stuff happening on one panel. Mina stepping up and trying to reprogram Mineta since it doesn't look like anyone else is going to do it, Kouda leading Momo to an alley so she can snap her neck and take her spot in the story. But I do have to wonder, they seem to be setting Deku to have a variety of quirks though, just like All for One, or a Marvel villain so is this the point where the manga is finally bad?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Man, imagine how pissed Todoroki will be when Izuku is running around with like 7 different powers eventually. There won't be enough noodles for him to slurp in all of UA.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Man, imagine how pissed Todoroki will be when Izuku is running around with like 7 different powers eventually. There won't be enough noodles for him to slurp in all of UA.

Cool fire power, deku.

slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He ends up getting a fire based quirk and an ice based quirk and Endeavor has an aneurysm.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Caidin posted:

Bakugo must never stop yelling, every sentence a deeper and more reviberating boom as he explodes ever further into greatness.

Bakugo will yell even louder and harder until we reach this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnQ69wc_8MI&t=159s

More quirks for everybody!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Imagine Bakugo with Present Mic's quirk.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Viridiant posted:

Imagine Bakugo with Present Mic's quirk.

I think my imagination just got tinnitus

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
It recently occurred to me why One for All stores shades of its previous users.

I figured One for All would pick up its previous owner's quirks due to the way it was described. Not stockpiling strength or force or muscle. It stockpiles power. So of course it keeps quirks.

But you know what else is power? Knowledge. And even more so experience. And losing out on all that knowledge and experience each time it was handed off would make the quirk weaker. And it doesn't do weaker.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bakugou yells because quiet explosions are impossible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Bakugou yells because quiet explosions are impossible.

Bakugou is actually mostly deaf. He has to yell in order to hear himself.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I wonder if Eri's horn just accumulates time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Hey remember when people were insistent on how Mirio and Eri were filler movie characters who'd disappear from the story and never be around?

I just want to remind those people that they were stupid.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Onmi posted:

Hey remember when people were insistent on how Mirio and Eri were filler movie characters who'd disappear from the story and never be around?

Wait, what? I thought it was people saying Sir Nighteye was the filler movie character?

Also, Mina truly is the hero we don't deserve for doing what needs to be done in this chapter.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

amigolupus posted:

Wait, what? I thought it was people saying Sir Nighteye was the filler movie character?

Also, Mina truly is the hero we don't deserve for doing what needs to be done in this chapter.

People were saying they were all filler. And that Mirio and Eri wouldn't appear again.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mirio and Eri are getting cameos, but nothing substantial as of yet. That's still good though, because it's nice to see them around.

Nighteye sucked though and I'm glad he's dead.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Onmi posted:

We still haven't seen Suneater again, oddly, despite him getting a massive amount of focus during the Overhaul arc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kanos posted:

We still haven't seen Suneater again, oddly, despite him getting a massive amount of focus during the Overhaul arc.

We also haven't seen the girl either, but to be fair, she wasn't really billed as essential though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kanos posted:

No, but Suneater also wasn't really tied to Deku or his arc. He felt like another pro-hero, like the Pussycats or Mt. Lady, and less like someone apart of Deku's like like Mirio and Eri felt.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I have no idea what office sexual harassment videos Mina is making Mineta watch but it would be actually cool if this off hand gag resulted in him no longer being a disgusting creep.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Radish posted:

I have no idea what office sexual harassment videos Mina is making Mineta watch but it would be actually cool if this off hand gag resulted in him no longer being a disgusting creep.

That is never going to happen.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Radish posted:

Mulderman posted:

It will happen for 5 minutes, as a joke, and then he will revert.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

RareAcumen posted:

We also haven't seen the girl either, but to be fair, she wasn't really billed as essential though.

She got more focus as part of a beauty contest in the festival than during the entire Overhaul arc.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mulderman posted:

Mina is going to get more and more severe until it's like something from Hellraiser.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I've read 35 chapters of Vigilantes in a single go and I think I like it better than the main series, and that scares me

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

I've read 35 chapters of Vigilantes in a single go and I think I like it better than the main series, and that scares me

everything that makes MHA unique is in its setting and Vigilantes focuses way more on that whereas the actual comic is more about higher education through punching your classmates

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

A lot of people seem to say that but nothing in Vigilantes comes even close to the highs of the main series imo.

I can see people getting into the lighter world-building aspect if they're into that more than shounen but personally I've been way more into all the rad fights we just had than Crawler going to a mixer or planning a party etc.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nephthys posted:

A lot of people seem to say that but nothing in Vigilantes comes even close to the highs of the main series imo.

I can see people getting into the lighter world-building aspect if they're into that more than shounen but personally I've been way more into all the rad fights we just had than Crawler going to a mixer or planning a party etc.

I'm a sucker for lower-stake slice of life stories, so that's probably why it has my attention

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've never been able to get invested in vigilantes tbh

it is def more consistent in quality than the main series tho

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Vigilantes unlike a lot of spinoffs is a really great compliment to the main series instead of being pointless.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Vigilantes has tons of Eraserhead getting into small petty arguments with basically everyone, and it is the best.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i loving love these lines and just the entire panel :allears:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Radish posted:

all she is doing is giving him more material to work with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Any chapter with Eri is a good chapter. :3: