Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Anyone ever come across asymmetrical joycon grips? I feel like the one size fits both method just makes them feel off center still. I think something specifically made to bring the joystick on R and the buttons on L just a little more in line with the grips would be perfect. It'd feel a little narrower than normal, but I think I could deal with that better than having to reach a bit with my thumbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Anyone ever come across asymmetrical joycon grips? I feel like the one size fits both method just makes them feel off center still. I think something specifically made to bring the joystick on R and the buttons on L just a little more in line with the grips would be perfect. It'd feel a little narrower than normal, but I think I could deal with that better than having to reach a bit with my thumbs.

I bought these FastSnail grips when they were $10 on a Lightning Deal. They are actually awesome, and the joycons fit into them well and snug. Plus they're available in colors now, instead of the dumb Surge ones which keep getting pushed back.

I was thinking like you how much better asymmetrical ones would be, but after actually trying these I decided that it's totally fine and no one would care. You're just moving your thumb like a tiny bit either way.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Stardew Valley got an update not long ago that improved the controller support. I think it fixed what some people are complaining about on these last few pages.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Housh posted:

I have a feeling Stardew Valley on the Switch will be the definitive version since the dev said it'll be the first version with 4-player co-op. I think that's why it is taking so long too.

and with chucklefish both doing the multiplayer AND a whole other game, i can not see this being well done at all

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fun Times! posted:

Stardew Valley got an update not long ago that improved the controller support. I think it fixed what some people are complaining about on these last few pages.

But really tho eagerly awaiting their medieval advance wars dx

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I have the official switch case and just took out those two red hard cases for games and put a charger and 6 foot charging cable in the crevice and my battery back in the mesh pouch. It works fine.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Drunk Tomato posted:

I bought these FastSnail grips when they were $10 on a Lightning Deal. They are actually awesome, and the joycons fit into them well and snug. Plus they're available in colors now, instead of the dumb Surge ones which keep getting pushed back.

I was thinking like you how much better asymmetrical ones would be, but after actually trying these I decided that it's totally fine and no one would care. You're just moving your thumb like a tiny bit either way.

Even for $13 that's not bad, pretty much in line with other grips I've seen. An extra set of joycons plus two sets of those still beats buying three pro controllers, by far. Thanks for the recommendation, I might give those a shot.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Anyone know of a good list of indie devs that have expressed intrest for switch versions of their games?
I personally contacted a few and here's my findings
Larian Studios (Divinity Original Sin 2) expressed intreset but want to not commit to anything until the pc version is launched
Everspace Devs (space roguelike think FTL if no crew management and its realtime action) are looking into a port

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Just noticed that the Super Mario Odyssey trailer is the most-viewed youtube video related to E3 2017. :3:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I bought Dead Cells on Steam today and boy would I love it if I could have that on a portable like the Switch. Fantastic game. Think Rogue Legacy (or 20XX) + Symphony of the Night. Looks like they're interested in a Switch port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2wG3HD92A

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think everyone is interested in a Switch port after E3

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I have a black and red carrying bag from the 80's that was originally meant for an NES. Would that work for a Switch?

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 18, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Augus posted:

Just noticed that the Super Mario Odyssey trailer is the most-viewed youtube video related to E3 2017. :3:

Where does Wolfenstein II rank? Because as far as available 2017, those were the absolute best in show.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I tweeted at Free Lives that they should port BROFORCE to Switch. No response :smith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who do I contact for a Gundam Versus port? :nyoron:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Where does Wolfenstein II rank? Because as far as available 2017, those were the absolute best in show.

It's probably the most-commented-on trailer of 2017 at least.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Imagined posted:

I bought Dead Cells on Steam today and boy would I love it if I could have that on a portable like the Switch. Fantastic game. Think Rogue Legacy (or 20XX) + Symphony of the Night. Looks like they're interested in a Switch port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2wG3HD92A

OMG yes please. BoI only goes so far...my most played game on switch for sure

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I want Rimworld, and Starsector on this

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Rimworld is great but I really can't imagine how they could make that into a controller-friendly interface.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Imagined posted:

Rimworld is great but I really can't imagine how they could make that into a controller-friendly interface.

touch screen also it cant be that hard if prison architect is doing consoles

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drunk Tomato posted:

Those are pretty solid. I like them almost as much as the Surge ones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://nintendoeverything.com/drago...-show-interest/

Someone asked about a Switch port for the new DBZ game. It's not on there for tech reasons and they are open to porting it if interest is there.

So raise your hands in the air and give your energy to Arc System Works.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope they put Rayman in ARMS. look nintendo, you're doing loving rabbids x mario, you can do rayman in arms

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

spit on my clit posted:

I hope they put Rayman in ARMS. look nintendo, you're doing loving rabbids x mario, you can do rayman in arms

They're probably doing the same thing as Splatoon where they don't want crossovers yet, cause it's a new ip.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Electric Phantasm posted:

They're probably doing the same thing as Splatoon where they don't want crossovers yet, cause it's a new ip.

a man can dream

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I am looking forward to ARMS + Splatoon characters in Smash Bros

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Infinitum posted:

I am looking forward to ARMS + Splatoon characters in Smash Bros

we do not need more ranged grabs in smash

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://nintendoeverything.com/drago...-show-interest/

Someone asked about a Switch port for the new DBZ game. It's not on there for tech reasons and they are open to porting it if interest is there.

So raise your hands in the air and give your energy to Arc System Works.

Legit no mucking about here, who do we contact to make this happen? Because that game gives me 100% MVsC2 vibes and I would kill to see it on Switch.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

Rayman's defining features are that he has no legs and no arms.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bayonetta vs. Twintelle

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whoever wins we win.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Rayman's defining feature, besides having no arms or legs, is that he punches like a motherfucker

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Hi, I figured I would post in here because I am bored of playing games by myself.

SW-5549-9228-7780

I have everything on the spreadsheet but ARMS.

(Specifically I want someone to play Minecraft with though.)

Edit: Oh, and I am on EST. My Switch name is MC.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 19, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

It's a PC game. Controller support for it is rear end and will always be rear end.
I feel like people keep forgetting the switch has a touchscreen

the controller layout itself would be fine but also they can streamline the UI and make common clicks easy to touch on the screen

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quest For Glory II posted:

the controller layout itself would be fine but also they can streamline the UI and make common clicks easy to touch on the screen

Hopefully they do that. A lot of other games that could benefit from touch screen menus (Zelda, Minecraft) have unfortunately skipped on that though so I'm not expecting much.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Legit no mucking about here, who do we contact to make this happen? Because that game gives me 100% MVsC2 vibes and I would kill to see it on Switch.

Honestly I have no clue and now I'm starting to wonder how they gauge interest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Twitter replies

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Lobster posted:

Hi, I figured I would post in here because I am bored of playing games by myself.

SW-5549-9228-7780

I have everything on the spreadsheet but ARMS.

(Specifically I want someone to play Minecraft with though.)

Edit: Oh, and I am on EST. My Switch name is MC.

I just sent you a request (Andy).
I've got Minecraft and would be down to play. If you see me playing shoot a tweet at Smithaw and we can figure out a Skype or Discord.

Or I'll just get plat tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ripe time for a game that makes you Switch between dock and undocked to keep playing

• Locked thread