Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Well he ded, so no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Zore posted:

Also A-Rank support Kaze by chapter 15 or the game kills him. Its a really stupid gotcha they don't telegraph at all.
Wait he survives if you got him to A rank?
What the gently caress I thought he was just guaranteed to die as part of the story. I think I had him at B rank too.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

♥ Power of Friendship ♥

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Wait he survives if you got him to A rank?
What the gently caress I thought he was just guaranteed to die as part of the story. I think I had him at B rank too.

Nope. There's no real reason either, its just sort of a random 'gently caress you'.

Nothing like that happens in Conquest or Revelations either.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
So Federation Force is pretty fun so far, anyone played it for a while and have any idea if it gets worse or horribly repetitive or anything?

Between this, MHG, and Fire Emblem I'm playing my 3DS more than anything right now.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Wamdoodle posted:

Does anyone use a comfort grip or anything for the New 3DS XL? I thought I saw someone post an Amazon link at one point.

Get the MHX one made by Hori. It's perfect.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

So Federation Force is pretty fun so far, anyone played it for a while and have any idea if it gets worse or horribly repetitive or anything?

I'm at mission 15 and it's been pretty diverse so far.

Grip talk: This one I have is pretty good: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018VAEXD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not as good as the amazing Hori Monster Hunter one but it's also a forth of the price.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 25, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Can you play Federation Force locally via Download Play, or does everyone need a copy, because if the latter then lol.

Also, do the controls feel less terrible when playing the actual game and shooting baddies as opposed to Blast Ball, where you have to slowly chase down a giant ball that may or may not move when you shoot it and may or may not run you over when the other guys shoot it, and also your suit may randomly eject you if you shoot too many times in a row?

I didn't like Blast Ball, in case you can't tell.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Download play is only for Blast Ball. People playing download copies of the game without any of the progression that comes from playing the game would be a major liability in most missions.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

raditts posted:

Can you play Federation Force locally via Download Play, or does everyone need a copy, because if the latter then lol.

Also, do the controls feel less terrible when playing the actual game and shooting baddies as opposed to Blast Ball, where you have to slowly chase down a giant ball that may or may not move when you shoot it and may or may not run you over when the other guys shoot it, and also your suit may randomly eject you if you shoot too many times in a row?

No download play in campaign. The controls feel fine in the campaign if you're using control scheme B on a New 3DS then it's basically a dual stick shooter. You never eject from your suit from damage in the campaign but there's some stealth segments that require you to get out of it. I don't like Blast Ball either but the campaign missions are fun/worth playing imo.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Europe got new MN rewards for the 3DS!
A Samus theme.:effort:
Oh, and the Mario and DK themes are back, with not expiration dates, so I guess they will be permanent filler for the section.

Are any of the extra Streetpass games any good?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh, and the Mario and DK themes are back, with not expiration dates, so I guess they will be permanent filler for the section.

Fishing is sorta fun for a cheapo fishing game, the rest pretty much suck. Find Mii is of course the best game by far, don't remember if that costs anything.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

It doesn't even have Metroid music for the main menu music. :effort:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SelenicMartian posted:

The fishing one is really good.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

raditts posted:

The game technically plays like the training mission that was included in the Blast Ball demo. I wasn't super hype about Blast Ball, or that training mode, but the game is better. The controls are a shade different than Metroid Prime 3, so if you like those controls, they're good (just not great, since it's gyro).

Your gun doesn't have to cool down like in Blast Ball. But your mech is just as slow. You can somewhat circumvent travel speed by strafing and sidestepping repeatedly down corridors.

Game is best in groups of 4, so if you can rally up 4 people in any given online game, you'll have fun (and it's not that hard to find 4, unless you really want to play a specific mission and nobody else is playing it). The latter half of the game has a lot of bosses and pirate encounters, which are usually the funnest missions to play.

I think the game is good under that strict guideline. It's like a good intro co-op shooter. $40 good... dunno. But if you got money to throw around right now, it's probably fine. The game is pretty well-crafted but only really works if lots of people are playing it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is Nintendo selling this new one for 75% normal price with a bunch of poo poo added on?

I mean, if they aren't going to drop prices on the other stuff, too.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

They're getting rid of stock after they realized no one really wanted the small one despite fans saying otherwise.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of...the bundle is available at Target right now.

Just placed an order. Not a bad price at all.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of...the bundle is available at Target right now.

Just placed an order. Not a bad price at all.

I am trying to find one in store but no luck. May have to join the back order shipment.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fixit posted:

I am trying to find one in store but no luck. May have to join the back order shipment.

Brickseek is showing them in stock at all the targets around me. But none are available on the website. Strange.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Thanks for the Fire Emblem Birthright tips. I got Kaze to support level A by level 11... is there anything else like this in the game I need to be aware of?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I read somewhere that you had to get Kaze to A rank if you wanted to get his daughter, Midori. I guess this is technically true but I didn't realize it meant he died otherwise. Kaze is cool but more importantly I'm glad it worked out like this because he married Oboro and I wouldn't want her to be sad :O

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is there a 'best' wife for Corrin? I don't think I'll replay this so if there is any kind of canon stuff I wouldn't mind just going for that.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

BadAstronaut posted:

Is there a 'best' wife for Corrin? I don't think I'll replay this so if there is any kind of canon stuff I wouldn't mind just going for that.

If you want to min-max things and get all of the children, in Birthright if the main character is male you have to marry Reina, Scarlet, or someone's daughter or there won't be enough female characters to marry all the characters who have children.

edit: I don't know if there's a canon pairing though, and playing a woman main character lets you marry whoever you want together

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Aug 26, 2016

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Female Corrin is best Corrin.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

irlZaphod posted:

Female Corrin is best Corrin.

Yes, if only for the fact that you get a dashing butler instead of a clumsy maid.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Said butler can also reclass into a paladin instantly from the start of the game so.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I read somewhere that you had to get Kaze to A rank if you wanted to get his daughter, Midori.
why... why is his daughter named Midori? Please don't let Big Innes near her.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Went to my local Target right when they opened and managed to nab their last copy of the 3D Land bundle. Hallelujah.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Getsuya posted:

Went to my local Target right when they opened and managed to nab their last copy of the 3D Land bundle. Hallelujah.

I went to mine when they opened this morning and they had no idea what I was talking about. Swore they had completely cleared out the back this morning and there was nothing left.

That's usually my experience with these kinds of things.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Animal Crossing NL is still $29.99 in the store. Any idea when the titles become Select?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Was able to buy the last Mario bundle in town for in store pick up :smug:

What's the cutest face plate? It's that sketched Kirby one, right? Is there anything I should know before transferring to the new system? I know I can just swap the SD card after I move everything over.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Beastie posted:

Animal Crossing NL is still $29.99 in the store. Any idea when the titles become Select?

Nintendo digital stuff usually kicks in around like noon Eastern unless it's Pokemon.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Okay, I was worried it would be on a west coast release time and gently caress up my train ride home. I want to download while I'm here at work and start on the train.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Brickseek is showing them in stock at all the targets around me. But none are available on the website. Strange.

Thank you for this! Was able to find one at a Target closer to my work and luckily snagged one this morning. The employee said they had just received it 50 minutes before I bought it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Count me in as one of the "Couldn't pre-order, can't buy online and not available in 50 miles of me". Why make it an exclusive, not allow a pre-order or stock enough? Also, it's supposed to be Walmart as well, but not listed. Really annoyed at this.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's been switching between available and unavailable on the website all day today. I was able to backorder one earlier, but I'll probably just cancel that if I can find one in a store later.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's been switching between available and unavailable on the website all day today. I was able to backorder one earlier, but I'll probably just cancel that if I can find one in a store later.

I had surgery yesterday, so I'm laid up. Thanks for pointing this out, I just grabbed one on the site. I am not too concerned when I get it, I just want to swap out my XL for this one. Speaking of, how do you do a system transfer and keep the digital copy that comes with the new one?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

So I bit on Luigi's Mansion. I fell in love with the original when I got my Gamecube for Christmas back in the day. I'll see if my girlfriend is interested in Animal Crossing before I get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infinite99
Aug 9, 2006

ANY OF YALLS DICKS HARD??

Fremry posted:

I had surgery yesterday, so I'm laid up. Thanks for pointing this out, I just grabbed one on the site. I am not too concerned when I get it, I just want to swap out my XL for this one. Speaking of, how do you do a system transfer and keep the digital copy that comes with the new one?

The system transfer will merge the license from the n3DS to your licenses that you already have on the XL.

Basically everything gets merged together to your nintendo ID.