Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well, it's "only" 900 more than last week.
Eh, those numbers are usually around 2.5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
The level 68 fishing quest is terrible and spear fishing is, in fact, the worst part of fishing. They managed to take the best part of fishing (standing in one place) and poo poo on it.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My favourite bit about fishing is afking and listening to podcasts so spearfishing really is the worst bit.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think that quest took me 3 cycles, first cycle I forgot to switch spearheads, second cycle I just had bad luck.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

DoubleNegative posted:

After finishing the Untended Dreams quest for the Little Ladies Day event, all I have to say is... someone on the quest team needs counseling. loving hell.

It's a cute fun event with idols and glowstick animations and the spirit of a little girl who was abducted, sold into sexual slavery, eventually murdered, and buried in an unmarked grave.

Did I miss something?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I haven't played this poo poo in ages. I have a PS4 now. Is my old account usable on both PC & PS4? (I'm sure I could look this up but I am lazy and also want to search for my previous posts in this thread.)

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Usable (if you didn't buy on steam) but you'll need to re-buy the game for PS4.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shy posted:

Usable (if you didn't buy on steam) but you'll need to re-buy the game for PS4.

You can access your account on PS4 if you have the Steam version on PC as long as your also buy the PS4 version.

What Steam locks you out of is getting your PC expansions from any source other than Steam.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

oh okay

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

DoubleNegative posted:

It's a cute fun event with idols and glowstick animations and the spirit of a little girl who was abducted, sold into sexual slavery, eventually murdered, and buried in an unmarked grave.

Happy Little Ladies Day. :v:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

ruta posted:

The level 68 fishing quest is terrible and spear fishing is, in fact, the worst part of fishing. They managed to take the best part of fishing (standing in one place) and poo poo on it.

Ibblebibble posted:

My favourite bit about fishing is afking and listening to podcasts so spearfishing really is the worst bit.

:same: My wife and I have been listening to The Dresden Files while we both fish.

But oh well, I can get to 70 tonight off of regular fishing + leves, and then I hopefully won't have to touch fishing again until the next expansion!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Zack Ater posted:

:same: My wife and I have been listening to The Dresden Files while we both fish.

But oh well, I can get to 70 tonight off of regular fishing + leves, and then I hopefully won't have to touch fishing again until the next expansion!

Good choice, Butcher needs to get over his drat writers block soon

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Butcher's Writer's Block?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
He's a loving baby is what he is

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Guess what instance this SCH was doing 0.2k DPS in.
O6N

On the bright side they did 7.6k HPS.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Ibblebibble posted:

Guess what instance this SCH was doing 0.2k DPS in.
O6N

On the bright side they did 7.6k HPS.

Jesus maybe I should give those a try, at least I'm not that bad

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Jesus maybe I should give those a try, at least I'm not that bad

There is no reason why anyone shouldn't try any of the normal omegas

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Long shot, but any casual 1-day a week static on the Chaos datacenter looking for a paladin? Could alternatively play red mage or samurai. I350, O5S and O6S down.

I like this game but don't want to block off multiple nights per week off my calendar.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Philonius posted:

Long shot, but any casual 1-day a week static on the Chaos datacenter looking for a paladin? Could alternatively play red mage or samurai. I350, O5S and O6S down.

I like this game but don't want to block off multiple nights per week off my calendar.

We're a 3-day static but might be worth a shot anyway. PM our leader Feldherren Bahaut in-game or something.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

We're a 3-day static but might be worth a shot anyway. PM our leader Feldherren Bahaut in-game or something.

Thanks, but 3 days is definitely too much for me. I work ~3 nights a week, so I don't really want to dedicate all my available free evenings to this game :)

My ideal static raids tuesday night, clears the stuff on farm and then spends ~2 hours on the current progression target.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

DoubleNegative posted:

After finishing the Untended Dreams quest for the Little Ladies Day event, all I have to say is... someone on the quest team needs counseling. loving hell.

Me: i just don't think final fantasy needs to have this much rape and sexual violence in it

reddit: It's really great how this game doesn't shy away from mature themes like rape or implied violence against women, that's what I as a mature person want in my catgirl dress up fantasy game

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cephas posted:

Me: i just don't think final fantasy needs to have this much rape and sexual violence in it

reddit: It's really great how this game doesn't shy away from mature themes like rape or implied violence against women, that's what I as a mature person want in my catgirl dress up fantasy game

What is the correct content?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Thundarr posted:

I would hope that a bug on the level of "all DPS checks are now obsoleted" would get fast tracked if it ever arrived at the front door of QA, but I can't claim to know anything about how they run the ship internally.

Perhaps it got routed to their web development team by mistake? :v:

perhaps they were just incompetent this time around? Also they really need to take a page from some western companies wrt customer support.

quote:

They banned 2550 accounts for illicit activity from 22nd to 28th. That's a lot of people.

Probably mainly level 1's doing RMT. And a few idiots who left their gather bot on 24/7 and got reported. So a drop in the ocean of real illicit activity.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

What is the correct content?

anything but rape and sexual violence implied towards any gender :shrug:.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 1, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Holyshoot posted:

perhaps they were just incompetent this time around? Also they really need to take a page from some western companies wrt customer support.

Probably mainly level 1's doing RMT. And a few idiots who left their gather bot on 24/7 and got reported. So a drop in the ocean of real illicit activity.

anything but rape and sexual violence implied towards any gender :shrug:.

So the DRK quests about killing pedophiles, a no go?

E:Also let me be shocked and appalled by 'implied violence'

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 1, 2018

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So the DRK quests about killing pedophiles, a no go?

E:Also let me be shocked and appalled by 'implied violence'

how is killing pedophiles sexual violence or were they killed in a sexual way? I don't remember the drk story line at all. I'm not shocked or appalled by violence but not sure if my video game really needs sexual violence. You're just getting grotesque for no reason then shock value which is low hanging fruit.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

I don't remember the drk story line at all. I'm not shocked or appalled by violence but not sure if my video game really needs sexual violence. You're just getting grotesque for no reason then shock value which is low hanging fruit.

The few times that FFXIV has referenced sexual violence haven't been for no reason. It's been used to emphasize the deplorable conditions in which people have been forced to live, especially in the context of their dehumanization (most notably in the case of Ala Mhigans). I only find it distasteful when it's used as a cheap emotional trigger; it's fine as an element of exposition.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cephas posted:

Eh, FF14 getting pretty dark at times is not new. There's definitely a right and a wrong way to approach sexual violence though as topic matter. The line between respectfully addressing the fact that it's a Real Thing and that it's hosed up, and gratuitous titillation like Game of Thrones leans on, can get pretty thin. The latter is super gross!

I think FF14 usually does it well though. Our good buddy Arenvald for example is the child of rape carried out during the initial occupation of Ala Mhigo by the Garleans. The game does not really throw that in your face, but if you're paying attention it's there and it contextualizes a lot about the character. It's why good buddy Arenvald doesn't think much of himself :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I mean, one of the early MSQ quests in the game is you finding out that dozens of good, innocent men and women have been taken out back and shot because they got Tempered and there's no hope for anything resembling a normal life for them. It's loving bleak. The writers aren't afraid of touching mature subject matter because they're pretty good at writing it and have enough respect for the audience that you'll be able to handle it.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Vermain posted:

The few times that FFXIV has referenced sexual violence haven't been for no reason. It's been used to emphasize the deplorable conditions in which people have been forced to live, especially in the context of their dehumanization (most notably in the case of Ala Mhigans). I only find it distasteful when it's used as a cheap emotional trigger; it's fine as an element of exposition.

I specifically recall the orange older brother from Yanxia village pretty much saying if he angered the Garleans, they'd take his little sister and rape her, which was a little "oh poo poo" moment for me.

And a little more messed up considering they're under Yotsuyu's employment and knowing her backstory...

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Vermain posted:

This sums up my opinion better than I could, thank you

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Speaking of "mature themes", where's all the drugs and alcohol the ESRB warns me about each time I log on?

Need to get my DRG swerve on.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I would rather not since irl is depressing enough.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bigman.50grand posted:

Speaking of "mature themes", where's all the drugs and alcohol the ESRB warns me about each time I log on?

Need to get my DRG swerve on.

one of the very first quests in limsa lominsa has you picking up "medicinal herbs" that the NPC implies are illegal goods, then the quest turn-in NPC tells you they're just lavender and laughs at you for being gullible

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alder posted:

I would rather not since irl is depressing enough.

I think one of FFXIV's narrative strengths that keeps me coming back to it is that it is specifically anti-cynical in a media landscape that has trended more and more towards "the last bastard standing wins" narratives. Eorzea is a world where terrible things happen on the regular, but it's also a world where you - in concert with other good, caring people - are capable of fighting back against the darkness and winning.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
In the Gridania opening, a Moogle gets wasted.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In the Gridania opening, a Moogle gets wasted.

Good.

edit: Oh, you mean that kinda wasted. Nevermind.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cephas posted:

I mean I'm ok with dark themes, but it's kind of jarring to have it juxtaposed against an idol group bringing happiness to the land

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
My droogs, how did I not know Eureka is coming out this month?

Also how did not know it's gonna be a 144 player skirmish????

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I am not holding my breath wrt Eureka after daidem but maybe they figured it out this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

My droogs, how did I not know Eureka is coming out this month?

Also how did not know it's gonna be a 144 player skirmish????

I can't wait to start having loving PTSD flashbacks of getting trained in Oasis of Marr and losing half my level.