Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Eventide TimeFactor, good condition, normal wear and tear, updated to latest firmware. Left button sticks sometimes but otherwise functions perfectly. Comes with original power supply. $300 shipped OBO. I'm also into trades!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003

iostream.h posted:

Fair enough. I didn't realize the stomplabels were an additional cost either. I'm trying to figure out how I want to allocate some incoming cash, had been considering one of these, hit up the F/A website saw they were sold out, saw your ad and jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

Sorry about that, if you still have it when I'm square I may give you a shout.

No worries.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I just upgraded the snare pad on my Yamaha e-drums.

Would like to sell my Yamaha TP-65S pad. It is a 3-zone 8" snare pad that should be compatible with most any e-drum kit and a brain that accepts multi-zone inputs. I will include the mounting brackets for a standard Yamaha e-drum rack.

Looking to get $40 shipped.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/el-drums/snare-pads/tp65s/?mode=model

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
I'm looking for a nice electric gig bag (strat if it matters)

I'm hoping someone had a mono m80 and upgraded to the double version and wants to sell me the single.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
I have a Jet City JCA20H I'd like to sell or trade. I mistakenly got it instead of a JCA22H. I wanted a FX loop so I can play around with my Axe FX with it. It sounds great thru the JCA12S I also got. $270 shipped. I'd trade for/towards a 7 string depending on the model(Ibanez, etc, preferably without a trem, or one that I can tremol-no).

I can take more pics if anyone wants more.

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
FS: LTD Kill'em All guitar. Only 300 built. It's in near mint condition. There is some minor play wear. I'll take better pics and upload them tomorrow.

Bolt-On-Neck Construction
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Ebony Fingerboard With Metallica Logo A 12th Fret
42mm Graphite Nut
Thin-U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Hardware
LTD Tuners
TOM Bridge
EMG 81(B) & EMG 60(N) P.U.
Finish: Kill‘Em All Graphic
Includes Custom ESP / Metallica Hardshell Case & Certificate Of Authenticity

I'm looking to get $800 + shipping. Located in Rutland, VT. No trades.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Crybaby 535Q goes bye-bye I worship at the altar of all things Moog now.

Anyway, picked up another of their MF Drive pedals to replace the wah (yes, they're that awesome and yes, they're the best wah ever) so someone snag this one.
I'm trying to find the battery pack but no guarantees, I run off Voodoo PP.
It's beat up, on the other side of the bottom plate there's residue from velcro (at least I had the forethought to turn it over prior to doing that, so the control labels are still clear and readable, even still has the plastic on it).
No rubber feet, I'm trying to find some spares, but really, they're like $1.00 somewhere. Get the little ones from Wal-Mart that have their own adhesive.
ALTERNATIVELY I'll include a few bicycle links if you want (easy more secure way to attach it to a board), just ask.

Works perfectly, not scratchy has zero mechanical issues. Nice and loose, no binding.
Uhh, $65 shipped or make an offer or whatever. Trade something. Send me dirty pictures of your sister maybe. Whatever.

Mission Engineering EP-11S Expression Pedal
A little unique among expression pedals, this one has 2 TRS outputs, one for the switch underneath the toe which can be set to trigger the effect (of your choice) on or off and the other output is for the actual 'sweep' of the pedal.
Designed primarily for the Avid 11 Rack but includes a polarity switch so it works with ANYTHING with an EXP input.
Well made, incredibly solid, tension control for the treadle, in great shape as well.
How about $100 shipped. If you need TRS cables let me know, I've got some knocking around somewhere.

STRING BLOWOUT

Martin Strings posted:

Marquis 80/20 Bronze Light .012-.054 - x4 $5ea
Marquis 80/20 Bronze Extra Light .010-.047 -x1 $5ea
Marquis 80/20 Bronze Medium .013-.056 - x3 $5ea
Martin Phosphor Bronze Custom Light .011-.052 - x1 $5ea
Martin 80/20 Bronze Custom Light .011-.052 - x6 $5ea
Martin 80/20 Bronze Light .012-.054 - x3 $5ea
Martin 80/20 Bronze Medium .013-.056 - x2 $5ea
Mandolin Bluegrass 80/20 Bronze .011-.038 -x1 $6ea

Elixir Strings posted:

Nanoweb Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Light .012-.053 - x1 $11ea
Nanoweb Electric Custom Light .009-.046 - x1 $11ea
Nanoweb Electric Light .010-.046 - x3 $11ea

Fender Strings posted:

Pure Nickel Electric Regular .010-.046 - x1 $4ea
Super Bullets Electric Regular .010-.046 - x1 $5ea
Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Light .012-.052 - x3 $6ea
Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Extra Light .010-.048 - x3 $7ea

D'Addario Strings posted:

Nickel Wound XL Bright Round Wound .011-.049 - 6x $6ea
Nickel Wound XL Regular Light TRIPLE SET .010-.046 - 2x $16ea

Ernie Ball Strings posted:

Slinky M-Steel .010-.046 - 1x $11ea
Slinky Classic RocknRoll Pure Nickel Wrap Custom .010-.046 - 2x $5ea
Slinky Cobalt .010-.046 - 5x $10ea
Power Slinky Custom Gauge .011-.048 - 4x - $5ea

Dean Markley Strings posted:

Cryo Blue Steel Regular .010-.046 - 3x $5ea
Cryo Blue Steel Light .009-.042 - 1x $5ea

Martin & Co AUTHENTIC Polishing Cloth - 2x $5ea

Gibson Les Paul Cream Pickguard - Never Installed - No Screws (no I will not enable you to commit the atrocity that is pick guard on a Les Paul) - Has a scratch - $20
Gibson Les Paul Tailpiece - Played a bit, you can see a few dings on it where I top-wrap strings - it's the heavier unit, nickel I think? - $20
GraphTech String Savers - Gibson 'Nashville' Style Bridge (unless you have a CustomShop and/or Historic model these are likely what you want) - Unused (I needed ABR-1) - $20
Fender American Standard Strat Saddles (these are the actual Fender units off a new AmStd Strat) - Unused - $15
Fender Strap - Unused - Came with Strat - Unused - $10

Line 6 Relay G50 Instrument Wireless
It's been gigged a lot. Works perfectly with no issues, no dropouts and no interference.
Includes generic power adapter (I run it off Voodoo Pedal Power, standard 9v Negative Tip 300ma)
$300

PedalTrain PT-Jr
Velcro'd
Already drilled for Voodoo Pedal Power ISO-5 (listed below)
Has 4 blue LED's installed (epoxied), wired together to plug into Pedal Power supplies. They're neat and helped keep me from falling over my poo poo during (drunken) third sets.
$80

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power ISO-5
Includes Power Cable
Includes PedalTrain PT-Jr Ears
Includes 5 Pedal Cables:
3x 20" right-angle/right-angle
2x 26" right-angle/straight
$85

PedalTrain PT-Jr + Pedal Power ISO-5
$150 (I'll go ahead and re-mount the ISO prior to shipping)

Feel free to make an offer on whatever. Combining items helps a lot of course.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Would anyone be interested in trading a decent set of start pickups (true single coil) for my Korg DTR-1000 rack tuner?

Alleric
Dec 10, 2002

Rambly Bastard...

Thorpe posted:

Would anyone be interested in trading a decent set of start pickups (true single coil) for my Korg DTR-1000 rack tuner?

Maybe. I have the singles I pulled out of my MIM about a month ago gathering dust on my desk. PM me and we can chat?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
So I've been going through my gear collection over the last few weeks and have a bunch of things I was thinking of selling, but I've noticed the majority of gear posted in the thread is guitar/instrument related. Since I'm a recording engineer, my collection consists of studio gear like old console modules (mic pre/EQ modules from Audix, Calrec and Auditronics; rackmount compressors from Urei, Aphex and Spectrasonics plus a couple of old BBC limiter modules). It's all semi DIY, as the things I'd be selling are all items I just haven't had the time to get around to properly rack mounting with power supplies, etc. It's all high quality stuff: discrete and or hybrid type modules full of good old transformers and the kind of poo poo people like to clone, and all in the under $1K price range (per piece I mean, not everything all together).

Anyway, my question is are any of you guys (or gals) interested in this kind of stuff or would I just be cluttering up the thread with crap nobody wants?

Edit: Alternately, if anyone is looking for something like what I've described you're more than welcome to PM me and see if I have something you'd like. You never know; I've been collecting poo poo for the 20+ years I've been engineering.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 2, 2014

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

The Mentalizer posted:

So I've been going through my gear collection over the last few weeks and have a bunch of things I was thinking of selling, but I've noticed the majority of gear posted in the thread is guitar/instrument related. Since I'm a recording engineer, my collection consists of studio gear like old console modules (mic pre/EQ modules from Audix, Calrec and Auditronics; rackmount compressors from Urei, Aphex and Spectrasonics plus a couple of old BBC limiter modules). It's all semi DIY, as the things I'd be selling are all items I just haven't had the time to get around to properly rack mounting with power supplies, etc. It's all high quality stuff: discrete and or hybrid type modules full of good old transformers and the kind of poo poo people like to clone, and all in the under $1K price range (per piece I mean, not everything all together).

Anyway, my question is are any of you guys (or gals) interested in this kind of stuff or would I just be cluttering up the thread with crap nobody wants?

Edit: Alternately, if anyone is looking for something like what I've described you're more than welcome to PM me and see if I have something you'd like. You never know; I've been collecting poo poo for the 20+ years I've been engineering.

My ears are at full mast, by all means please list what you have for sale? I could really use a nice stereo preamp with solid EQ and preferably at least a well calibrated VUmeter on each input, stereo compressor/limiter (if it's a DIY rig, anything analogous to the famous names in functionality would be very welcome here of course), and I am always interested in old console strips/modules if they're either in working order ot close enough to it that the problem or problems is/are known and just requires some attention with a soldering iron and replacement parts.

Not interested in buying anything that I'd have to hunt down some kind of electronic gremlin in, unless the time spent hunting would be reflected in the price and/or the unit itself is interesting enough to make it worth it :)

Also interested in mics but it sounds more like you're clearing house of our version of cobwebs than selling the whole place, so I understand if the mic locker isn't going to be opened up for public consumption.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Agreed posted:

My ears are at full mast, by all means please list what you have for sale? I could really use a nice stereo preamp with solid EQ and preferably at least a well calibrated VUmeter on each input, stereo compressor/limiter (if it's a DIY rig, anything analogous to the famous names in functionality would be very welcome here of course), and I am always interested in old console strips/modules if they're either in working order ot close enough to it that the problem or problems is/are known and just requires some attention with a soldering iron and replacement parts.

Not interested in buying anything that I'd have to hunt down some kind of electronic gremlin in, unless the time spent hunting would be reflected in the price and/or the unit itself is interesting enough to make it worth it :)

Also interested in mics but it sounds more like you're clearing house of our version of cobwebs than selling the whole place, so I understand if the mic locker isn't going to be opened up for public consumption.

Ha, you totally nailed it with 'clearing out our version of cobwebs'. So as long as there's even a little interest I'll get some pics together and make a post with descriptions of everything. As far as electronic gremlins, to the best of my knowledge everything's in functioning order, but it's been a while since I've had any of it up on the bench and I no longer have access to a real shop where I can test it all out. I can say with a fair amount of confidence that apart from buying/building a power supply some recapping might be in order due to age. But yeah, if someone isn't comfortable with basic soldering then I wouldn't recommend buying stuff like this since eventually it's going to need some kind of work no matter what. And the condition would definitely be reflected in the price; I don't believe in gouging people on prices for gear and in all honesty I'm really only looking to make back what I paid for them. I'm not selling this stuff to make a living, I just don't see the point in having it sit around unused when someone else could get real use and enjoyment out of it for significantly less than it would cost from a gear broker like Vintage King. Also, I'm not going anywhere so if a serious problem is run into then I'm happy to email or talk with you on the phone to help diagnose and suggest fixes (within reason, of course, since I can't play 24 hour tech support but I'm not gonna leave you hanging either).

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Like I said, I didn't want to be annoying and post up a bunch of poo poo no one wants. I'm a bit crazy at work today, but if I get a long enough break I'll write up a a full gear list with descriptions and specs and then take some pics when I get home tonight.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Agreed posted:

Yeah I'm pretty interested in this stuff too.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Yes. Post that loving poo poo. Post all of it. Pres, Line drivers, Comps, everything.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

It's actually kind of adorably innocent to ask "so should I post all this completely badass awesome poo poo that you guys are gonna love?" - amigo, there'll be a feeding frenzy if any of it is in reasonable condition and you price it to move, haha. I call dibs on a gat dang preamp ;)

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Speaking of totally awesome poo poo: does anyone have any NOS american made 12AX7s? I need a pair a tube preamp I have and the JJ's in there now are crackly and noisy.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

HollisBrown posted:

Speaking of totally awesome poo poo: does anyone have any NOS american made 12AX7s? I need a pair a tube preamp I have and the JJ's in there now are crackly and noisy.

I don't, but you should see if iostream has some. I think I spoke to him regarding some NOS tubes not too long ago and I think he had some in.

I've changed my setup around a lot and I'm about to have a shitload of pedals to sell because I don't need them anymore and I need to pare down what I bring with me on the trip to Colorado if we expect to make it in one go. I'll be pricing them at mates' rates for the ML before sticking them on eBay. Massive amount of all kinds of really nice dirt pedals, even some really rare stuff probably going to be selling this go-around, but might have some effecty stuff too this time. And, who knows, a guitar or two, though it's been a while since I shipped a guitar and I may just make room however I have to and sell them locally once we get to our destination, not totally sure. Don't feel comfortable shipping in a gig bag, but I don't have guitar boxes laying around like I used to, either.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Agreed posted:

I don't, but you should see if iostream has some. I think I spoke to him regarding some NOS tubes not too long ago and I think he had some in.

I've changed my setup around a lot and I'm about to have a shitload of pedals to sell because I don't need them anymore and I need to pare down what I bring with me on the trip to Colorado if we expect to make it in one go. I'll be pricing them at mates' rates for the ML before sticking them on eBay. Massive amount of all kinds of really nice dirt pedals, even some really rare stuff probably going to be selling this go-around, but might have some effecty stuff too this time. And, who knows, a guitar or two, though it's been a while since I shipped a guitar and I may just make room however I have to and sell them locally once we get to our destination, not totally sure. Don't feel comfortable shipping in a gig bag, but I don't have guitar boxes laying around like I used to, either.

ugh. getting my wallet ready.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

HollisBrown posted:

I have assloads of tubes, but I'll be honest, if you're looking for 'NOS US Made' you're probably looking for higher quality than what I've got. Mine are all 'matched and good' but are kind of random.

I guess, more importantly, what are they going in, what are you using it for, and why specifically NOS?

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Agreed posted:

It's actually kind of adorably innocent to ask "so should I post all this completely badass awesome poo poo that you guys are gonna love?" - amigo, there'll be a feeding frenzy if any of it is in reasonable condition and you price it to move, haha. I call dibs on a gat dang preamp ;)

It sounds like the stuff that I see in studio basements that they refuse to let go of and you contemplate just stealing because they'll never miss it. I'll just express my interest for the calrec piece specifically or compression anything. For the record if anybody has poo poo that needs gremlins worked out or recapping or whatever I'll totally do it for you if you toss me a couple bucks or a neato thing.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

iostream.h posted:

I have assloads of tubes, but I'll be honest, if you're looking for 'NOS US Made' you're probably looking for higher quality than what I've got. Mine are all 'matched and good' but are kind of random.

I guess, more importantly, what are they going in, what are you using it for, and why specifically NOS?

ART MPA Pro. Honestly it can sound pretty drat good but the JJ's I swapped in are terrible. I want to put in something good and not have to think about it anymore.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

muckswirler posted:

It sounds like the stuff that I see in studio basements that they refuse to let go of and you contemplate just stealing because they'll never miss it. I'll just express my interest for the calrec piece specifically or compression anything. For the record if anybody has poo poo that needs gremlins worked out or recapping or whatever I'll totally do it for you if you toss me a couple bucks or a neato thing.

This is my view, too, and if it weren't for my back and the fact that we're about to be moving I'd be up for the troubleshooting too, myself, but I've got much of my gear packed away already and I would rather not have to wait a couple months to figure out what's not quite right about a thing that's not quite right. If it's just known, like "needs new pots, recapped" then that's one thing, haha, just note it and fix it when we get there, but I can't chase down an unknown at this time. Glad you can, that may be helpful given the likely state of some of the gear and the fact that, like it or not, components don't last forever! :)

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Agreed, my life's mission is now to head to your place, plug all those pedals up together, turn them up, dime the SLO and record the beautiful, beautiful noise before the NRC shows up.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

iostream.h posted:

Mission Engineering EP-11S Expression Pedal
A little unique among expression pedals, this one has 2 TRS outputs, one for the switch underneath the toe which can be set to trigger the effect (of your choice) on or off and the other output is for the actual 'sweep' of the pedal.
Designed primarily for the Avid 11 Rack but includes a polarity switch so it works with ANYTHING with an EXP input.
Well made, incredibly solid, tension control for the treadle, in great shape as well.
How about $100 shipped. If you need TRS cables let me know, I've got some knocking around somewhere.

If this is still available, I'll take it. It will work great with my Axe-Fx. Let me know either by PM or ryebreadz28 at gmail dot com .

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

Rye Bread posted:

I have a Jet City JCA20H I'd like to sell or trade. I mistakenly got it instead of a JCA22H. I wanted a FX loop so I can play around with my Axe FX with it. It sounds great thru the JCA12S I also got. $270 shipped. I'd trade for/towards a 7 string depending on the model(Ibanez, etc, preferably without a trem, or one that I can tremol-no).

I can take more pics if anyone wants more.

I'm dropping this down to $250 shipped. In case I was unclear, I'm willing to trade this plus cash for a 7 string.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Rye Bread posted:

If this is still available, I'll take it. It will work great with my Axe-Fx. Let me know either by PM or ryebreadz28 at gmail dot com .

Yes it will! Iostream.header at gee male, I'll get it out to you on Monday morning and will forward shipping info, thanks man!

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Apologies for taking so long to post, but I ended up working until 3am yesterday and just passed the hell out when I got home. I'm going to preface all of this by reiterating what I said in my post before: this stuff all needs to be racked (or lunchboxed) and powered, so if you're looking for something that's plug and play then these things probably aren't up your alley. Alternately, you could always pay a tech to do that work for you or even purchase pre-made chassis from Boutique Audio or Vintage King (or whoever). Even with the price of such things I believe you'd still be getting a great bargain as I've tried to price everything to move; I just don't have the time to do the work of racking this stuff at the moment and it's a shame for good gear to just sit around collecting dust so I'd like to see them go to someone who will use them and enjoy them. I've tried to be descriptive of the condition of everything, but if I missed something or other then please ask about it. If anything needs more work than racking and powering I'll say so explicitly. Aside from that, all of this stuff could probably benefit from a recapping due to age but it's not completely necessary if you don't feel like it. Everything was working the last time I powered any of it up on a test bench, but since it's all been sitting around for a few years and I no longer have access to test equipment (or a bench) it's all being sold as-is, which is pretty much the standard for used gear bought from a stranger on the internet anyway.

Also, I apologize in advance for this being a giant mega-post but I wanted to be as explicit as possible in describing everything. Okay, on with the show!

First up is a pair of Audix 35103 mic pre/EQ modules:

They're the 3rd version of the input module for their BBC commissioned consoles from the 70s. Functionally identical to the 35102 modules that Brent Averill used to offer for sale a few years back, they're in really good condition for something that's almost 40 years old. Here are some specs:

-Marinair transformer balanced mic & line level inputs
-3-Band inductor based EQ (switchable in or out of circuit) with +/- 15dB gain per band plus high pass and low pass filters
-High Frequency band selectable at 3.3k, 4.7k, 6.8k, 10k, & 15kHz; switchable out of circuit
-Mid Frequency band selectable at 270Hz, 390Hz, 560Hz, 820Hz, 1.2k, 1.8k, 2.7k, 3.9k, 5.6k, & 8.2kHz; switchable out of circuit
-High Frequency band selectable at 33Hz, 56Hz, 100Hz, 180Hz, & 330Hz; switchable out of circuit
-Low Pass Filter selectable at 18k, 12k, 8.2k, 5.6k, & 3.9kHz; switchable out of circuit
-High pass filter selectable at 27Hz, 47Hz, 82Hz, 150Hz, & 270Hz; switchable out of circuit.
-Polarity reversal

These are my favorite 'sleeper' kind of modules, in that they sound great but they're not very common in studios. They're also favorites because I really like the way they sound. They're often compared to the 33114 since they were built to the same specs, but they sound very different while still being in the same family of British pres from the 70s tone-wise. The mic pre is clean but big, and gets nicely dirty when you push it. The EQ is awesome, with a really nice high end that's clear but not too bright. It also doesn't get brittle when if you crank it up hard. The low end is where these really stand out, and I love using them on kick drums and basses. Boosting the lows gets you a huge bottom end that stays nice and tight no matter how hard you push it. If I had to pick something to compare it to, I'd say it's a bit like an API kind of solid, tight low end (I don't mean that it sounds just like an API, just that it's a comparable tone).

For anyone unfamiliar with Audix's history as a gear manufacturer, here's a little blurb I found about the making of these particular modules (and consoles):

quote:

In the 70's and 80's, Audix, located in the village of Wendens Ambo near Saffron Walden in Great Britain, made absolutely brilliant consoles that were generally commissioned by the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Audix employed several Neve engineering designers in the 70's and 80's, including David Rees, Mike Stapleton, Robin Ireland, and Geoff Tanner! Basically, in the 1970's, when Neve couldn't complete orders fast enough to meet a growing demand from not only the BBC, but the rest of the world, the BBC commissioned Audix to build broadcast consoles for them. Most were built to the same specs as Neve, and generally had a very similar architecture. These modules are based on the Neve (3)3114 and (3)3115 modules generally found in the Neve Melbourn and other Neve consoles of the mid 70's and also come with very nice 3-band inductor based EQ. All features and frequencies on the modules are the same as the aforementioned Neve's and the specs and are quite similar. These come stock with Marinair Radar input transformers, the same company that supplied many of the transformers for Neve consoles in the 60's and 70's. Marinair were based in Harlow, Essex, located approx. 20 miles South of Cambridge.

Something to note with these, while they have transformer balanced mic and line inputs the module outputs are unbalanced. This is because they were designed as part of a console, not to be used as standalone pieces. In the consoles, the output driver and output transformer were located in a separate module (model# 35302). It's actually fairly crucial to have some kind of output amp (with or without xformers), as the stock unbalanced output is poo poo at driving anything lower than 10K and doing so will result in decreased headroom and increased distortion. I actually have the proper module to be used (the 35302 is actually a quad amp module with 2 transformer balanced channels and 2 electronically balanced channels), but unfortunately it is missing the 2 transformers. The rest of the module is complete, however, and the transformers themselves can be found used or purchased new from someone like Sowter or Canford in the UK (or try something from Cinemag or Jensen if you're feeling experimental). Even with having to replace the transformers it would still save you time, money and effort over deigning and building an output driver from scratch.

Anyway, I'm looking to get $450 per module for these. And if someone buys the pair I'll throw in the 35302 quad amp module as a bonus.

Next up, a pair of Auditronics 110b mic pre/EQs:

These are nice little American modules with Jensen transformer inputs and really nice 3 band inductor based EQ (plus switchable HP and LP filters). They're simple units that sound really nice and seem to be growing a bit in popularity. The EQ on them is great, and even with the limited choice of frequencies I never feel like I'm missing something or can't get a good sound. The top end is clean and open, the mids are smooth and the lows are big without being overpowering. The build quality is really good on them and there are some simple mods floating around the internet as well (stuff like swapping out the 5534s for Burr Brown chips or using one of the aux sends as an output level control). Like the Audix modules these have unbalanced outputs but I do have the output driver cards (seen at the bottom of the second pic) to be used for a balanced transformer (Jensen JE-123-S) output.

For these I'm asking $250 each, and once again if someone buys both I'll throw in the output drivers for no additional cost (the Jensen JE-123s currently go for over $50 each according to their website).

The third (and final, for now) pair of console modules I'm putting up are a pair of Calrec PQ-1347 mic pre/EQs:

Calrec is a pretty well known company, so I'm going to assume most folks know about them. These are from the 80s, I believe, and were custom designed and manufactured for BBC Leeds, Television Studio A (and used in Calrec's M-Series analog consoles). They have transformer balanced inputs (Lundahl, I believe) and a great 3-band EQ (with variable high pass and low pass filters). The build quality on these is fantastic, they're solid as hell and seem to be built like a goddamn tank. I didn't have time to open them up for internal pics, but if I get a chance I'll see if I can get a couple. Sound-wise, I really like them; not too colored but not flat either. I'd say 'big and clean with a bit of personality' would be the best descriptor. To me they kind of sound like what I used to wish the EQs in a Neve V series console would sound like whenever I used them. In other words, they're good if you need something a bit precise while also being good when you want something broader and more colorful. Here's a list of specs I found for them:

-Microphone Sensitivity +10 / -70dBu in 5dB steps with 32dB (min) headroom at each step to maximum input level of +28dBu.
-Alternative Line Input ±10dBu sensitivity (or ±3dBu).
-Phase Reverse Mic and Line (optional switch).
-3-band Parametric Equaliser with +/- 15bd boost/cut:
— Detented neutral amplitude positions.
— Choice of Bell or Shelf in High and Low Bands.
— Choice of 2 “Q” settings Mid band
-Selectable High and Low Frequency Filters at 12dB/octave.

Also, just like the previous two items, these modules also have unbalanced outputs. Using these with the stock unbalanced out will result in the usual decreased headroom and increased distortion. Unfortunately, I don't have any line drivers/balancing amps to use with them but it's not difficult to find something that can be used for that purpose. Or if you're handy with a soldering iron (and honestly, if you're thinking of grabbing these then you really should be) it's pretty easy to build something to your liking either from your own design or with a kit from the likes of JLM or whomever. It must have a proper line driver, though, as you can't just hang a transformer off the unbalanced out and call it a day. Everything I've read about these units says that's a terrible idea that results in bad tone.

Price wise, I'm looking to get $375 each on these. Since I don't have anything to throw in as a bonus, if someone buys both modules together I'll let them go for $700 for the pair.

Okay, that's it for mic pre/EQs for now. I still have a couple of things I'm on the fence about selling (Quad Eight 333 EQs, a couple of rackmount Moog EQs and a pair of Filtek Mk3 EQs) so there may be more module madness later but for now I'm gonna take a break and start digging out compressors to take pics of. Since that may take a little bit here's a preview list of the comps I'm putting up to start with: a Spectrasonics 610, a pair of BBC AM 6/21 limiter modules that have been racked and modded with front panel controls and two Urei LA-10 mono VCA compressors. In the meantime, if anyone has questions then ask away or feel free to PM me if you want.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Not going to lie hard as gently caress right now, I bet I can't afford that and will miss most/all of it. GOD drat IT

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005

iostream.h posted:

Yes it will! Iostream.header at gee male, I'll get it out to you on Monday morning and will forward shipping info, thanks man!

Payment sent! I sent it via the "sending money to friends/family" option so that you wouldn't have to pay the fee. I put my address in the message area.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Rye Bread posted:

Payment sent! I sent it via the "sending money to friends/family" option so that you wouldn't have to pay the fee. I put my address in the message area.

Got it! Thanks a ton for that too, I'll throw you the shipping info tomorrow.

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

If you got all that from the same studio, I'd swear I know which one it is. Let me get my finances in order and I'll let you know what I want. The eq on those audix modules sounds NICE btw. Inductors ftw.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

muckswirler posted:

If you got all that from the same studio, I'd swear I know which one it is. Let me get my finances in order and I'll let you know what I want. The eq on those audix modules sounds NICE btw. Inductors ftw.

It's all been slowly built up over the last 8 or so years, so it's not all from the same person/place. But yeah, just let me know whenever you're ready and we'll work it all out.

Agreed posted:

Not going to lie hard as gently caress right now, I bet I can't afford that and will miss most/all of it. GOD drat IT

I do have multiples of some stuff (I was keeping a pair of the Audix for myself and I have other Calrec modules I was going to keep as well but I could possibly be persuaded to part with them) as well as other things you might like. Let me know when you're ready and I'll be happy to see if I have something you want.

Still working on the compressor post btw, all of my poo poo's been packed away for a bit so digging everything out is a bitch and a half.

Edit: BTW, I forgot to mention that I'm in NYC so if anyone interested is in the are you're more than welcome to come meet up and have a look at it in person.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 4, 2014

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

The Mentalizer posted:

It's all been slowly built up over the last 8 or so years, so it's not all from the same person/place. But yeah, just let me know whenever you're ready and we'll work it all out.

I do have multiples of some stuff (I was keeping a pair of the Audix for myself and I have other Calrec modules I was going to keep as well but I could possibly be persuaded to part with them) as well as other things you might like. Let me know when you're ready and I'll be happy to see if I have something you want.

Still working on the compressor post btw, all of my poo poo's been packed away for a bit so digging everything out is a bitch and a half.

So did these come out of a console? If not, what were you using the interface with these?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

HollisBrown posted:

So did these come out of a console? If not, what were you using the interface with these?

Yes, all of the modules are originally from consoles. I bought them as modules, though, with the intention of building nice cases with power supplies to rack them up. As for interfacing, when I first got them I still had a gig as a studio tech so I had access to a nice bench full of test equipment. I would make little test jigs with spare connectors and poo poo, using a bench supply for power and a signal generator/scope combo to check that it was passing signal properly and that the EQs were all functioning. All just temporary measures in order to check that I didn't get stuck with dead gear while I was waiting to have the time to build permanent housing for them. Unfortunately (or fortunately I suppose), my life just kept getting busier and busier until the next thing I knew it was years later and I had never got around to building any of it.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Alright, time for some compressors. I'll try and keep this post a bit shorter than my first one. This will be the first batch of comps I'm putting up for sale; there are a few others I'm on the fence about but I'll make a decision on those later. First off, here's a group picture of everything:

If someone wants more detailed pics I'll be happy to take some more, but in general every item is in good condition, with a little bit of rack rash here and there and some cosmetic wear and tear on the older items like the 610 and the BBC comps. Anyway, on to the descriptions.

Going from the top we'll start with a SpectraSonics 610 mono discrete 'complimiter' (as the manufacturer calls it). It's an interesting unit with a unique sound and it works sort of like a super fast super hard limiter in the 1176 vein of things (the 1176 is the first thing I thought of as a comparison function wise, not so much for the tone). I honestly don't really know what I can compare it to in order to give an idea of what it sounds like. It pretty much does it's own thing, but it does it really well and unlike anything else. The company is still in business and still makes 610s. You can read about it and get the specs here: http://spectra-sonics.com/610. And here's a quick-start guide that will give you an idea of how it works: http://spectra-sonics.com/quickstart. They also offer a rebuild service where they'll take your 610 and completely refurb it as well as make little updates like replacing the meter lamp with LEDs for $330. Also, the output knob isn't the original, but a replacement can easily be ordered from the company. It didn't matter to me so I never bothered replacing it.

On this one I'd like to get $750. New ones from SpectraSonics are $1300, and used ones tend to get listed for anything between $1000 and $1500, so even if you sent it in for the refurb deal it would still end up costing you $200 less than a new one. As a reference, I originally paid $900 for it so I'm taking a little bit of a hit in order to get it out the door.

Next up is a pair of BBC AM 6/21 limiters. These have been racked up as a pair and modified with front panel controls for Input, Ratio, Release and Output Gain. These are great discrete limiters from the British family of broadcast equipment. A lot of people like to compare these to Neve diode bridge type compressors like the 2254 but they're really nothing alike apart from using similar design ideas and components. They may have a slightly similar tone when idling but I find the action of the compressor/limiter to be a different animal. And while they do fall under the umbrella of Brit gear, don't buy these thinking you'll be getting a 33609 or 2254 for a steal (and if anyone tells you otherwise then they're a loving liar that's trying to cheat you out of your money). I find these to be really good at smashing the poo poo out of stuff and like to use them for making some kind of sonic statement, as subtlety doesn't really seem to be their strong point. Now, this unit does have one issue-there is no power supply for them. I bought them like that as even without the supply the work that had been done to mount and mod them was well worth having to find or build a PSU. The I/O is all wired up to XLRs on the back panel, along with a 4-pin XLR to connect to a supply. So the only work this unit needs is the building or purchase of a suitable PSU and it will be ready to go. I originally tested it out with a bench supply when I first got it, but as with everything else I never got around to actually building a permanent one. BTW, if you're wondering how I can say 'I like to use them for so-and-so' when there's no power supply, the answer is that I have another pair of BBC comps (Audix branded AM 6/17 units that were pulled from a console) that I use regularly and am keeping for myself.

For this Frankenstein I'm looking to get $800. I usually see the raw modules go for like $3-400 or more, and with the work already put into racking and modding I figure I'm asking a fair price for them even without a PSU (which would need to be sorted if you bought the modules alone anyway). I originally got these on eBay from someone in London, and paid $1,000 for them at the time. Like with the 610, I'm taking a small hit for the sake of moving 'em into the hands of someone who will use them.

Last up, a pair of Urei LA-10 mono VCA compressors. These are well built, clean sounding units with transformer ins and outs. They're not the kind of thing to reach for if you're trying to get some color but if you want a clean, elegant and accurate kind of gain control then these are your box. They are very versatile, and can be pushed into pumping and breathing if you want to smash up some drum overheads or room mics but they won't really get crunchy or distort in the way an opto or tube comp will. They sound great on pretty much anything you throw at them, and are a really good all-around utility comp. One of the best things about them is the variable detector control, which allows you to choose between RMS and Peak type of compression and anything in between. They're very similar in design to the JBL 7110, albeit with some minor variations in the circuit design, and if you've used one of those before it's actually a pretty good box to compare these to if you want a basic idea of how they'll sound/work . I have an LA-22 which is a stereo version of these with an additional side chain filter that I'm keeping for myself as I truly love it.

For these, I'm looking to get $275 each. The average selling price I've seen tends to be in the $300-350 range, and as with everything else I'm pricing them slightly under what I paid in order to move them.

Like before, if anyone's got questions please fire away and if you see something you want let me know and lets make a deal.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
TRIPLE POST BONUS ROUND!!!

One Moog MKG 10 band Graphic EQ, 2 space rackmount unit in good condition:

No one seem to be able to agree on a price for Moog EQs, as I see listings that vary from $3-500 (reasonable) all the way up to $1300-1500 (completely insane!) I'm looking to get $375, but I'm willing to negotiate a little bit.

Ok, that's it for now. Sorry for the excessive posting and thanks for the interest, hopefully someone will find something they like. Also, I'm pretty firm on the prices I'm asking but I am willing to work out deals on anything but the mic pre/EQ modules, since for those items I'm already adding in extras where I have them and discounting a little where I don't if people buy them as pairs. Or if one person buys more than one thing I'm down to work out package deals.

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Axe Fx II Mark 2 in near mint condition. Very minor rack rash. Never gigged, kept in my smoke free home studio
Modifications (if any):none
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Original Packaging, manual, and power cable
Location (City,State or City,Country): Rutland, VT
International : possibly
Contact Info (No Phone #s): here
References (eBay or other forum userid): engage757 (RT), KevinB85 (TGP), cardinal (TGP), Musza(SSO), bigdog (RT), stealthtastic (TGP, RT), Jim777 (TGP), John Price (TGP), Philwinstead (Music Gear Exchange Facebook), philiprst (TGP)
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $2100 + shipping. The price of the Axe is firm as I'm only selling it in order to pay off a custom Mayones.

I'll add more photos when I get home from work.

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Mesa Boogie 2:90. There's a lot of rack rash and finish wear at the mounting holes, nothing which affects the performance of the amp. It works perfectly.
Modifications (if any): Recently replaced the powertubes with JJ 6L6GC. Less than 20 hours of use.
Accessories (hardshell case etc): none
Location (City,State or City,Country): Rutland, VT
International OK? : sorry no
Contact Info (No Phone #s): here is fine
References (eBay or other forum userid): engage757 (RT), KevinB85 (TGP), cardinal (TGP), Musza(SSO), bigdog (RT), stealthtastic (TGP, RT), Jim777 (TGP), John Price (TGP), Philwinstead (Music Gear Exchange Facebook), philiprst (TGP)
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $650 + shipping obo
Pictures:

I'll sell both for $2675 + shipping.

Panterica fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 6, 2014

pickitup13
Dec 16, 2005

I scrolled through the last few pages and I didn't see any recording condenser mic. I own an entire home studio of equipment. I'll intermittently post new trades every few days, as I just came back to the forums and this thread was like a miracle because I switch out my studio gear sometimes. Here's what I have to trade:

I took pictures of the two items as they're brand new, but I can't figure out how to post them on SA. :(

The two things I have to trade is a very underrated MPC known as the BKE Beat Thang. I produced an album with it if that says anything about it. Secondly, I have a TC Helicon Voicelive Play, which I also use on my albums for vocal effects.

If interested, email me at djshawnbradley at gmail.com

pickitup13 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 5, 2014

pickitup13
Dec 16, 2005

The Mentalizer posted:

Alright, time for some compressors. I'll try and keep this post a bit shorter than my first one. This will be the first batch of comps I'm putting up for sale; there are a few others I'm on the fence about but I'll make a decision on those later. First off, here's a group picture of everything:

If someone wants more detailed pics I'll be happy to take some more, but in general every item is in good condition, with a little bit of rack rash here and there and some cosmetic wear and tear on the older items like the 610 and the BBC comps. Anyway, on to the descriptions.

Going from the top we'll start with a SpectraSonics 610 mono discrete 'complimiter' (as the manufacturer calls it). It's an interesting unit with a unique sound and it works sort of like a super fast super hard limiter in the 1176 vein of things (the 1176 is the first thing I thought of as a comparison function wise, not so much for the tone). I honestly don't really know what I can compare it to in order to give an idea of what it sounds like. It pretty much does it's own thing, but it does it really well and unlike anything else. The company is still in business and still makes 610s. You can read about it and get the specs here: http://spectra-sonics.com/610. And here's a quick-start guide that will give you an idea of how it works: http://spectra-sonics.com/quickstart. They also offer a rebuild service where they'll take your 610 and completely refurb it as well as make little updates like replacing the meter lamp with LEDs for $330. Also, the output knob isn't the original, but a replacement can easily be ordered from the company. It didn't matter to me so I never bothered replacing it.

On this one I'd like to get $750. New ones from SpectraSonics are $1300, and used ones tend to get listed for anything between $1000 and $1500, so even if you sent it in for the refurb deal it would still end up costing you $200 less than a new one. As a reference, I originally paid $900 for it so I'm taking a little bit of a hit in order to get it out the door.

Next up is a pair of BBC AM 6/21 limiters. These have been racked up as a pair and modified with front panel controls for Input, Ratio, Release and Output Gain. These are great discrete limiters from the British family of broadcast equipment. A lot of people like to compare these to Neve diode bridge type compressors like the 2254 but they're really nothing alike apart from using similar design ideas and components. They may have a slightly similar tone when idling but I find the action of the compressor/limiter to be a different animal. And while they do fall under the umbrella of Brit gear, don't buy these thinking you'll be getting a 33609 or 2254 for a steal (and if anyone tells you otherwise then they're a loving liar that's trying to cheat you out of your money). I find these to be really good at smashing the poo poo out of stuff and like to use them for making some kind of sonic statement, as subtlety doesn't really seem to be their strong point. Now, this unit does have one issue-there is no power supply for them. I bought them like that as even without the supply the work that had been done to mount and mod them was well worth having to find or build a PSU. The I/O is all wired up to XLRs on the back panel, along with a 4-pin XLR to connect to a supply. So the only work this unit needs is the building or purchase of a suitable PSU and it will be ready to go. I originally tested it out with a bench supply when I first got it, but as with everything else I never got around to actually building a permanent one. BTW, if you're wondering how I can say 'I like to use them for so-and-so' when there's no power supply, the answer is that I have another pair of BBC comps (Audix branded AM 6/17 units that were pulled from a console) that I use regularly and am keeping for myself.

For this Frankenstein I'm looking to get $800. I usually see the raw modules go for like $3-400 or more, and with the work already put into racking and modding I figure I'm asking a fair price for them even without a PSU (which would need to be sorted if you bought the modules alone anyway). I originally got these on eBay from someone in London, and paid $1,000 for them at the time. Like with the 610, I'm taking a small hit for the sake of moving 'em into the hands of someone who will use them.

Last up, a pair of Urei LA-10 mono VCA compressors. These are well built, clean sounding units with transformer ins and outs. They're not the kind of thing to reach for if you're trying to get some color but if you want a clean, elegant and accurate kind of gain control then these are your box. They are very versatile, and can be pushed into pumping and breathing if you want to smash up some drum overheads or room mics but they won't really get crunchy or distort in the way an opto or tube comp will. They sound great on pretty much anything you throw at them, and are a really good all-around utility comp. One of the best things about them is the variable detector control, which allows you to choose between RMS and Peak type of compression and anything in between. They're very similar in design to the JBL 7110, albeit with some minor variations in the circuit design, and if you've used one of those before it's actually a pretty good box to compare these to if you want a basic idea of how they'll sound/work . I have an LA-22 which is a stereo version of these with an additional side chain filter that I'm keeping for myself as I truly love it.

For these, I'm looking to get $275 each. The average selling price I've seen tends to be in the $300-350 range, and as with everything else I'm pricing them slightly under what I paid in order to move them.

Like before, if anyone's got questions please fire away and if you see something you want let me know and lets make a deal.

You need to hit me up asap. I need your compressors. email me at djshawnbradley@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

pickitup13 posted:

You need to hit me up asap. I need your compressors. email me at djshawnbradley@gmail.com

Email sent!