Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I am excited to go back to my favorites, UE multishot demon hunter and Inna's monk

Nothing's really been stopping me from playing them now, they're just getting better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Node posted:

With all the buffs happening on the PTR, what would be a good class to start up next season? I've already played crusader and necromancer.

Sounds like you can't lose with any of them. Based on the starting sets, go monk or barb if you never have. A lot of other starting sets in S12 (if they're believed to be these ones: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/6x9k4m/s12_rewards_conquests_and_sets_released_s12/) are a bit "meh" IMO.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
The zuni buff with smf and jerams buffs...zuni gargs are hittin for trillions

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is the patch to go back to your first live and fall in love all over again...

Or it's the season to pick whichever the best speedfarm set for haedrig's is.

So for both counts I'm going Witch Doctor because super chicken is probably the fastest build in the game and with the buffs I expect I'll be able to speedfarm TXIII like it's nothing

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Ah thanks for reminding me to test helltooth chicken

mewse
May 2, 2006

LMAO Rhykker has re-uploaded the ancient uliana's build for monk and he is trying to call it the "icestorm" monk

e: he also keeps saying that the uliana's 3rd generator EP is an "un-runed" version of EP when it's not, it just doesn't have mythic rhythm or area damage

mewse fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 15, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

mewse posted:

LMAO Rhykker has re-uploaded the ancient uliana's build for monk and he is trying to call it the "icestorm" monk

e: he also keeps saying that the uliana's 3rd generator EP is an "un-runed" version of EP when it's not, it just doesn't have mythic rhythm or area damage

that sure is a knee-slapper

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rhykker and Bludshed have the worst grasp of game mechanics of any major streamers for the game. All of Bludshed's builds come from fans in his stream and Rhykker just crunched numbers without playing the game and then doesn't update himself based on how the game works, he just is maybe the biggest Blizzard nerd on Earth

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Hm. Is there anyone we should be looking at, or should we take Rhykker with a pound of salt?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

IMO, sVr is probably the best streamer out there when it comes to testing. He crunches the numbers and runs various tests for hours, on live and PTR, with multiple builds running GR80s-110+ to test their damage and toughness as you face tougher mobs. When he is just collecting keys or running with some other top GR pushers, it may not be as educational, but even then, he will test anything that comes up which he cannot answer. His chat is often frequently visited by various top players that do testing with him, like the guy that came up with Tal/Vyr combo, the top Necro, guys that run GR120+, etc. and they all help answer questions, test theories (sometimes in brawl mode naked to check base values, which is how they tested that skeletons die after c. 22 hits from any damage). Then people like Rhykker, Bluddshed, Fluffy, and BigDaddyDen post the builds on DFans and get their followers to bump it up to the top, yet can't explain most of the gameplay or synergy of the build when asked about it. If you're curious how in-depth he goes with his testing and explanations, checkout his post on Tal/Vyr here: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-class-forums/wizard-the-ancient-repositories/228381-an-in-depth-analysis-and-guide-on-mh-tal-vyr

mewse
May 2, 2006

Node posted:

that sure is a knee-slapper

He copy and pasted a build that is at least 1.5 years old (this exact build. previous versions didn't have lefebvre or endless walk), and then gave it a cute nickname like he invented the build himself. And then he made a huge error describing the mechanics -- and blamed it on a previous patch when that link I just gave described the mechanics correctly back in April 2016. He also died multiple times in his gameplay footage but we already knew he doesn't know how to play.

Here's Rhykker correcting himself and blaming it on a previous patch which doesn't make sense:

quote:

UPDATE: The Uliana 2-piece DOES apply the EP rune, but does NOT apply the Mythic Rhythm passive damage buff. To benefit from full damage, you must apply EP manually and not just rely on spreading EP with the 2-piece bonus. However, manually applying EP WILL overwrite an existing 2-piece EP.

So your rotation should be to build up your Mythic Rhythm buff, then manually apply a buffed EP, then SSS.

Sorry for any confusion. There are many nuances to the mechanics of these interactions, and I was basing myself on info from an older patch version.

GoingPostal posted:

Hm. Is there anyone we should be looking at, or should we take Rhykker with a pound of salt?

It's OK to watch his videos because I can't really point to anyone better. It's just funny when he misses the mark so bad.

mewse fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 15, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DrSeRRoD posted:

IMO, sVr is probably the best streamer out there when it comes to testing. He crunches the numbers and runs various tests for hours, on live and PTR, with multiple builds running GR80s-110+ to test their damage and toughness as you face tougher mobs. When he is just collecting keys or running with some other top GR pushers, it may not be as educational, but even then, he will test anything that comes up which he cannot answer. His chat is often frequently visited by various top players that do testing with him, like the guy that came up with Tal/Vyr combo, the top Necro, guys that run GR120+, etc. and they all help answer questions, test theories (sometimes in brawl mode naked to check base values, which is how they tested that skeletons die after c. 22 hits from any damage). Then people like Rhykker, Bluddshed, Fluffy, and BigDaddyDen post the builds on DFans and get their followers to bump it up to the top, yet can't explain most of the gameplay or synergy of the build when asked about it. If you're curious how in-depth he goes with his testing and explanations, checkout his post on Tal/Vyr here: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-class-forums/wizard-the-ancient-repositories/228381-an-in-depth-analysis-and-guide-on-mh-tal-vyr

This is good poo poo. Can we get it added to the OP?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you are looking for Barbarian advice Dropaduski is good. He was either #1 or top 5 NA Barb a season or two ago, I forget which, and all of his advice comes from pushing ladders.

If you are looking for specific class stuff, try to find top leaderboard streamers and see if they produce build guides that actually go in-depth on why they do the things they do.

Rhykker is never a bad choice, per se, but you know, you can only know so much without either doing it yourself, or being the one who actually designed it.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008
Welp. Just had some sick Primal Ancient gloves drop.

+1000 int, 10.0% crit, 20% area damage. Pretty sweet.

Except they're Moribund Gauntlets

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yeah but I always stood by Rhykker because he has the sexiest radio voice I have ever heard

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rhykker is fine as just an aggregator of what's popular out there but he isn't a masterplayer like Quin was.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

firebad57 posted:

Welp. Just had some sick Primal Ancient gloves drop.

+1000 int, 10.0% crit, 20% area damage. Pretty sweet.

Except they're Moribund Gauntlets

I have like four perfect primal neckpieces, they're just not the kind of neckpieces you would actually wear.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

exquisite tea posted:

Rhykker is fine as just an aggregator of what's popular out there but he isn't a masterplayer like Quin was.

What happened to Quin?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Having a lot of fun on my necro but cannot get the T+T gloves for the pet atk speed bonus, I've spent several thousand shards so far. Gave the lazy/aura build a shot too but my gems aren't leveled high enough and I'm missing one or two other items, hopefully I can get that going soon.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He jumped to WoW because they have new content every year and he's been running D3 since launch.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Suprfli6 posted:

Having a lot of fun on my necro but cannot get the T+T gloves for the pet atk speed bonus, I've spent several thousand shards so far. Gave the lazy/aura build a shot too but my gems aren't leveled high enough and I'm missing one or two other items, hopefully I can get that going soon.
Do some pub rifts and mention you're looking for them. Everyone is running necro , so you've got a good shot at finding them

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So what's the best way to gear a character? I can farm T13 rifts and stuff plenty fine on my "main" farm character but I want to get the gear for the new dude.
It doesn't need to be great itemisation, just the basic set pieces you need to get going etc.

And since I probably know the answer: what's the best way to farm death's breath?

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Suprfli6 posted:

If it's for the cube, looks like level 60-nice is the best time to gamble them. It's still gonna be several thousand shards, though.
https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala/46568

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Zedd posted:

So what's the best way to gear a character? I can farm T13 rifts and stuff plenty fine on my "main" farm character but I want to get the gear for the new dude.
It doesn't need to be great itemisation, just the basic set pieces you need to get going etc.

And since I probably know the answer: what's the best way to farm death's breath?

T13 rifts. Or even leeching someone elses t13 rift with the sage set on.

Upgrading rares and gambling all your blood shards on the new character is the best way unless you can run with a buddy who plays that class and can lootshare.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The Bone Storm effect from 6/6 Inarius has a reduced proc coefficient for on-hit effects, right? Does anyone know what the coefficient is? And does attack speed cause the bone storm to tick more often?

Also, switching from Devour Aura to the numlock trick Devour Cannibalize makes such a huge difference it's silly. Tons of healing from trash dying behind you but still being within the 60 yard range. I've been doing GR60 pretty easily with this build and think I just need some more levels on my gems and a few other minor things to start doing GR70.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 16, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is there anywhere that has a good breakdown of the current 4-man meta builds for Necros (dps and zdps)? I'd like to hop into some ratruns for quick paras and gem levels, but all the builds I see are from over a month ago and I don't know if any are current.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Suprfli6 posted:

The Bone Storm effect from 6/6 Inarius has a reduced proc coefficient for on-hit effects, right? Does anyone know what the coefficient is?
I think it's 0.15.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

The Bone Storm effect from 6/6 Inarius has a reduced proc coefficient for on-hit effects, right? Does anyone know what the coefficient is? And does attack speed cause the bone storm to tick more often?

The proc rate is now .33 and IAS doesn't do anything because the tick rate is a static 24 frames.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

DrSeRRoD posted:

The proc rate is now .33 and IAS doesn't do anything because the tick rate is a static 24 frames.

Alright thanks.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Haven't played or posted in a while, catching up here.

Now that I'm looking for it I can notice the bug with Jesseth. Doesn't feel like the biggest deal ever but should be a moderate buff when it's fixed.

Got my solo GR100 down second try after clearing 99 with Rathma/Jesseth, still missing several ancients (and not just jewelry) and under 1000 paragon (barely) although I did start augmenting.

For the guy who wanted a build/video of that I can only really offer you pics of my stat screens and a walkthrough for any questions you might have, I'm on PS4 so I can't just link my b.net. HOWEVER I am a huge sperg and would be very willing to do that for you if you want me to. I initially based my build off this one but I'm not following it exactly.

Looking at the PTR changes... WHAT?! 6 piece Rathma up from 250% to 1000%? That's gigantic if they keep it. Scythe of the Cycle buff is nice too, will have to play around with that but I think ultimately I'm likely going to stick to Jesseth for the extra freeze and bodies, although Cycle + Phylactery will obviously be better damage now, unless I can figure out a way to survive with that setup.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

great big cardboard tube posted:

Haven't played or posted in a while, catching up here.

Now that I'm looking for it I can notice the bug with Jesseth. Doesn't feel like the biggest deal ever but should be a moderate buff when it's fixed.

Got my solo GR100 down second try after clearing 99 with Rathma/Jesseth, still missing several ancients (and not just jewelry) and under 1000 paragon (barely) although I did start augmenting.

For the guy who wanted a build/video of that I can only really offer you pics of my stat screens and a walkthrough for any questions you might have, I'm on PS4 so I can't just link my b.net. HOWEVER I am a huge sperg and would be very willing to do that for you if you want me to. I initially based my build off this one but I'm not following it exactly.

Looking at the PTR changes... WHAT?! 6 piece Rathma up from 250% to 1000%? That's gigantic if they keep it. Scythe of the Cycle buff is nice too, will have to play around with that but I think ultimately I'm likely going to stick to Jesseth for the extra freeze and bodies, although Cycle + Phylactery will obviously be better damage now, unless I can figure out a way to survive with that setup.

I, for one, would love to see your exact build. I'm a noob who is just making it through the mid 80s with this: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/firebad-1275/hero/92077660

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

How do you run Impale DH on lower difficulties (or do you just not bother)? I tried running my fresh setup (that's missing a few key parts) and could never get my hatred refund because things were dying too quickly to get impaled twice.

I guess the solution is just to up the difficulty?

mewse
May 2, 2006

twice burned ice posted:

How do you run Impale DH on lower difficulties (or do you just not bother)? I tried running my fresh setup (that's missing a few key parts) and could never get my hatred refund because things were dying too quickly to get impaled twice.

I guess the solution is just to up the difficulty?

Switch your vengeance to seethe because you don't need the survivability from dark heart

mewse
May 2, 2006

Looks like I did GR73 with Uliana's back in season 7. Can't wait for the buffs to drop.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

mewse posted:

Switch your vengeance to seethe because you don't need the survivability from dark heart

Seethe is great for speedy impaling.

You can also swap whatever the passive is that gives slowed enemies -25% damage to the player to tactical retreat, the one that gives you a burst of speed whenever you vault or use shadow power. It helps speed up the run a not-insubstantial amount.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Seeing as Noxxic screwed up the links on their build/levelling guide pages a while back (and also discontinued them) and now require me to dig through the page source for links, are there any other good sites in the same vein?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Diablofans / Icy-Veins

e: TeamBRG

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:love: thank you

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
For Impale DH easy mode I swap fan of knives for bolas whatever the lightning rune is and if there isn't enough density to get hatred refunds I just spam bolas for a second or two and keep going like regular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

This week's challenge rift build is a total wreck.

It's a WD LoN build with Spirit Barrage, which doesn't sound so bad.

But the skill selection is all over the place, there''s barbarian gear, rubies are socketed into the chest piece, there's a level 101 legendary gem but also a ring with an empty socket. Two of the pieces aren't ancient.

I took one look at it an noped the gently caress out. Apparently it's not terribly hard, but gently caress that build on principle.

Who the gently caress selects these builds?

Here's the lovely build for this week