Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1059866720280698881

Greetings from Georgia. Just look at that poo poo. At least a lot of people are voting, despite all those scummy tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

At least a lot of people are voting, despite all those scummy tactics.

Höre ich da etwa Sympathie für Amerikaner heraus? :commissar:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

Höre ich da etwa Sympathie für Amerikaner heraus? :commissar:

Did you forget I'm the Anti-Randler, you Russian spy you? :v:

Edit:

More news from the Land of the "Free": Some polling stations have no paper ballots and no working machines, they were forced to just send people back home. WTF :stare:

SRF
Oct 31, 2011
As someone currently living in the US...

Someone please shoot me.

... at least the means to effect that are ubiquitous.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Looking forward for the US to be further downgraded in the Democracy Index, from "Flawed Democracy" to "Hybrid Regime".

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Perestroika posted:

Looking forward for the US to be further downgraded in the Democracy Index, from "Flawed Democracy" to "Hybrid Regime".

Haven't you heard: the US is not a democracy, but a republic. :foxnews:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In another horror story from the US-midterms, a judge and voting supervisor had to resign after she was caught on tape screaming at a black voter like a mad woman. Yikes. The Republicans take their voter suppression really seriously.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

This poo poo is what I always think of when Americans in other threads go "no you see, you're the real racists because of {Gypsies/Muslims/etc being mistreated}"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Sereri posted:

This poo poo is what I always think of when Americans in other threads go "no you see, you're the real racists because of {Gypsies/Muslims/etc being mistreated}"
These days I'm thinking of ripping migrant/refugee children from their parents and putting them into camps.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://i.imgur.com/ufzTDfH.mp4

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is getting farcical now. Stories about ancient old Americans voting Republican from their death beds, then dying. Some woman at a Trump rally gets asked why she can stand Trump lying all the time and she goes like "I don't care if he had a third dick growing up there" or something like that, the thread then wonders: Why did she immediately jump to third dick? :confused:

I get the feeling regardless who wins, we lose

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Libluini posted:

I get the feeling regardless who wins, we lose

True. But at least one side will gently caress up the American people who vote to gently caress us over as well.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Just came back from a lengthy Kirchengremienvorstandssitzung, now it’s time to open a bottle of wine and marvel at the trainwreck that is American politics :cheers:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

System Metternich posted:

Just came back from a lengthy Kirchengremienvorstandssitzung,

:chloe:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

and marvel at the trainwreck that is American politics :cheers:

I hate that I have to care about this poo poo. I want to live in a world where I don't even know who Ted Cruz is.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Just came back from a lengthy Kirchengremienvorstandssitzung, now it’s time to open a bottle of wine and marvel at the trainwreck that is American politics :cheers:

If you're part of SELK, I'm the one who's agitating for being allowed to gay marry in my tiny-rear end lower saxony parish.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

If you're part of SELK, I'm the one who's agitating for being allowed to gay marry in my tiny-rear end lower saxony parish.

I'm Catholic, so unless Rome does a 180 on that issue we'll never have gay marriage here :( Best of luck to you, though :unsmith::respek:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Speaking of Kirchenzeug, I just stumbled upon this... thing during my way to work, for some reason pasted to the back of a Halteverbotsschild:

:psyduck:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of Kirchenzeug, I just stumbled upon this... thing during my way to work, for some reason pasted to the back of a Halteverbotsschild:

:psyduck:

Theologically speaking this seems to be the German version of Jack Chick* sans the sick cartooning skillz. Love me any theology that says that good works aren’t worth poo poo :spergin:

*Jakob Schönfrau?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Halteverbot einfach online bestellen

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

god erkenntnis flows through the human body while secrelty touching your genitals through your trouser pockets

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

haldolium posted:

god erkenntnis flows through the human body while secrelty touching your genitals through your trouser pockets

One question, why have you stolen what should rightfully be oliwan's AV and AV text?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Oh hey, a Wohnung in Köln that goes for 7€ per m², I wonder wh--

quote:

Die Wohnung ist nur bis Ende Juni 2019 bewohnbar, danach wird das Haus abgerissen ( leider ).

They should reiß ab this whole loving city lmao (even faster, I mean)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Smirr posted:

Oh hey, a Wohnung in Köln that goes for 7€ per m², I wonder wh--

They should reiß ab this whole loving city lmao (even faster, I mean)

Why abreißen what collapses all by itself? :razz:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That was (supposed to be) the joke. I thought about maybe making a pilgrimage to The Hole today, but then I got worried that The Enigma at Amigara Fault would start playing out.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
"Diese Zweiraumwohnung! Sie wurde für mich gemacht!"

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Lunar Suite posted:

Lol what are the odds that there's a Selki from Lower Saxony on the Something Awful dot com forums, I thought I escaped from rural lutheranism. Where in Lower Saxony, if you don't mind me asking? Also good luck in your endeavour, that seems like an uphill batlle where the mountain is a vertical wall.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Torrannor posted:

One question, why have you stolen what should rightfully be oliwan's AV and AV text?

"Someone" gave it to me as a gift during that particular bean incident.

Smirr where exactly do you live right now and what are you paying? How many rooms? Do you already have a Nachmieter? :>

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
Just do what everyone does Smirr and move to a city along Linie 18, it's the most sane choice.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Bitte ermutigen Sie an dieser Stelle niemanden ins Schweinland zu ziehen.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Nothing wrong with living in a house that is about to be demolished, as long as they let you out beforehand.

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Alternativ hätte ich auch eine Mietminderung akzeptiert. Wegen dem Baulärm und so.

az
Dec 2, 2005

start a hipster commune in a bauruine

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Als Betthupferl bring ich euch noch eine heitere Geschichte aus dem deutschsprachigen Ausland:

Der Standard posted:

SPÖ-Gemeinderat verewigte sich in Steyrer Stadtpflaster
Bürgermeister lässt Buchstaben wieder herausmeißeln

Hochmut kommt vor der Pflasterung, könnte man angesichts einer Geschichte aus Steyr meinen. Seinen Namen auf dem Stadtplatz von Steyr verewigen – diesen Traum hat sich ein dortiger Magistratsbeamter erfüllt. Er beaufsichtigte die Pflasterlegung und gab den Arbeitern den Auftrag, vor dem Rathaus seinen Namen mit eigens zurechtgehauenen Granitsteinen in den Boden zu legen. Bürgermeister Gerhard Hackl (SPÖ) lässt die Steine nun entfernen, berichteten die "OÖ Nachrichten".

Im Rathaus herrscht Fassungslosigkeit. "Das ist ja eine Aktion wie von einem Zwölfjährigen, richtig deppert ist das", zitierte die Zeitung den Rathauschef. "Mit dem Blödsinn hat er selber die gute Arbeit, die er geleistet hat, in den Schatten gestellt." Kritische Worte kamen auch von Baureferent Vizebürgermeister Helmut Zöttl (FPÖ): "Ich fände es schon verkehrt, würde ich mich oder der Bürgermeister sich verewigen lassen." Stadtrat Reinhard Kaufmann (Grüne) spricht in der Zeitung von einer "Aktion mit hohem Peinlichkeitsfaktor", Kopfschütteln herrscht auch in der VP/Bürgerliste und bei den Neos.

Fiel erst nach zwei Wochen auf

Nicht nur Spott, sondern auch finanzielle Folgen handelt sich Hingerl mit der Aktion ein. Der eigenmächtig erteilte Auftrag ohne Wissen seiner Vorgesetzten bescherte dem Bereichsleiter im Magistrat, der nebenher auch SP-Gemeinderat ist, bereits eine Ermahnung. Schon am Mittwoch sollten die Bauarbeiter die Buchstaben aus dem Beton herausmeißeln und dort – auf einer Länge von 50 Metern – neutrales Pflaster verlegen. Die Kosten dafür und das Mehr an Arbeit, das die Pflasterer hatten, muss der Auftraggeber aus eigener Tasche zahlen.

Gar nicht aufgefallen ist die – laut fachkundigen Handwerkern gelungene – Arbeit den Bürgern der Stadt vorerst. Vor zwei Wochen stand laut OÖN noch die halbe Stadt auf den nunmehrigen "Steinen des Anstoßes", als das erste Baulos des neugestalteten Stadtplatzes bei einem Fest in geselliger Atmosphäre eröffnet wurde.

Kuriose Rechtfertigung: "Zufall"

Er selbst rechtfertigt sich im STANDARD-Gespräch auf durchaus kuriose Weise. Zu behaupten, er habe sich auf dem Stadtplatz verewigen wollen, sei eine "unglaubliche Unterstellung", so Franz-Michael Hingerl. Vielmehr sei alles ein Zufall. Hingerl: "Die vielleicht nicht ganz ausgegorene Idee war, im Zuge der Versetzung von 240.000 Pflastersteinen den Geschäften am Stadtplatz einen Stein mit dem jeweiligen Anfangsbuchstaben zu widmen."

Richtig ist also, glaubt man Hingerl, dass die Aktion auch eine Würdigung der lokalen Wirtschaft ist. Durch die "unglückliche Anordnung" sei dann aber sein Name plötzlich auf dem Stadtplatz gestanden. Im Detail: "Das H steht für die Bäckerei Hohlrieder, das I für das italienische Restaurant Imperial, das N für das Schuhgeschäft Nanu, das G für den Juwelier Gröger, das E für E-Banking Oberbank, das R für Rathaus, das L für das Obstgeschäft Leopold."

Leider habe er nicht bemerkt, dass damit sein Name in Stein gemeißelt war. "Es war ein Fehler, ich werde die Steine auf meine Kosten wieder entfernen lassen", kündigt Hingerl an. (APA, red, mro, cms, 7.11.2018)

Die Ausrede gehört mit zum Besten, was ich jemals gehört habe, ich kann mir richtig vorstellen wie er beim E ins Schwitzen kommt und sich nervös am Kragen zupft bis ihm der erlösende Geistesblitz kommt - E wie E-Banking Oberbank! :v:

Schaut euch doch noch mal die Anfangsbuchstaben jedes Absatzes an

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 7, 2018

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

H für Hohlrieder, I für Imperial, T für Thai-Restaurant, L für Leopold, E für E-Banking Oberbank, R für Rathaus - es is schon a Kreuz mit dem Zufall, aber was wollns mochn

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Schaut euch doch noch mal die Anfangsbuchstaben jedes Absatzes an

:lol:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Entschuldigen Sie mich, aber was zum Fick ist dieses?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Entschuldigen Sie mich, aber was zum Fick ist dieses?

Bundeswehr trying to recruit people. You should see the ~*cyberwar*~ ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Man glaubt es kaum aber wenn in der Jobbeschreibung steht "sich erschießen lassen" ist die Anzahl an Initiativbewerbungen eher gering.

Btw lol @ Merz going "I still exist" and then having his firm raised by the feds like a week later :byewhore: