Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Amazing. Dude wasn’t asked to help, because he wasn’t needed. He unnecessary builds a sub that is not practical, or asked for, leaves it behind because ???, and now is trash talking the people who actually saved the kids. loving lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I bet he tries to pay someone to take the "sub" through the cave when the area is open again.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i bet he wishes his car company was doing as well as his new sub business

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Idk i hear thats in danger of going under

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They must have a lot of debt.

I hear they’re underwater.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
:fyadride:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I know where this is, and knowing the area, I'm 0.00% surprised at the behaviour.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Memento posted:

I know where this is, and knowing the area, I'm 0.00% surprised at the behaviour.

Suburban :australia:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Makes sense, it's a ride-on mower.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

A man that gives zero fucks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

onesixtwo posted:

Amazing. Dude wasn’t asked to help, because he wasn’t needed. He unnecessary builds a sub that is not practical, or asked for, leaves it behind because ???, and now is trash talking the people who actually saved the kids. loving lol.

Musk should be shot into the sun

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duck and Cover posted:

God Bless you Elon Musk and your selfless sacrifice.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Improbable Lobster posted:

Musk should be shot into the sun

he's gonna use that to try and save Balloon Boy

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

DiHK posted:

White savior

(I'm singing this like Mariah carey)

Musk just wants to be The Magical Honky, a counterpart to The Magical Negro.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I hope next time there is a disaster Elon might be able to use his effectively limitless resources to potentially help he just doesn't.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
In a just world, Musk bird making GBS threads should have stock price drops that hurt and get his board of directs to tell him to STFU and say a notsorry at least, but this is a world that elected Donnie and where birdshite reporting it has removed sveral thousand+ bot accounts cause its stock to drop.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

BloodRed posted:

I hope next time there is a disaster Elon might be able to use his effectively limitless resources to potentially help he just doesn't.

On the contrary, I think musk is a dumbass but it would be cool if next time he could help he actually does so instead of posting dumb poo poo on twitter and building a submersible child coffin.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Log082 posted:

On the contrary, I think musk is a dumbass but it would be cool if next time he could help he actually does so instead of posting dumb poo poo on twitter and building a submersible child coffin.

That will never happen.

Remember when he promised to rebuild in Puerto Rico?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

He "helped" build some huge storage batteries in South Australia recently

for hundreds of millions of dollars

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

That will never happen.

No i know it'll never happen, I'm just saying it would be cool if it did. Maybe, like, by accident or something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'The Australian doctor who was the last man out of the Thai cave following the rescue of the Wild Boars soccer team found out shortly afterwards that his father had died.'

wow loving bummer.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

'The Australian doctor who was the last man out of the Thai cave following the rescue of the Wild Boars soccer team found out shortly afterwards that his father had died.'

wow loving bummer.

drat you Musk!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ol' Musky Giveth, and he Taketh away

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That will never happen.

I don't remember him offering to do it for free. iirc he did send help to get a hospital back online. The quoted price he gave for PR was a poo poo load better than the poo poo show contract PR had which was corrupt as gently caress 2 man op. Parking a bunch of Tesla's or Prius on the side of the road would done a better job.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
he said he would do it for free if it took him more than 100 days or something, it was just another pr stunt because hes a giant child who loves attention

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

onesixtwo posted:

Didn't Musky post tweets of him being asked by someone to help, then follow-up with conversations between him and the lead rescue team guy who asked him to continue building his crazy idea as a "just in case"?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gromit posted:

Didn't Musky post tweets of him being asked by someone to help, then follow-up with conversations between him and the lead rescue team guy who asked him to continue building his crazy idea as a "just in case"?

almost, if by someone and 'rescue guy' you mean 'internet randos'

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016684366083190785

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4nZDSLdIiM

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Elon Musk hasn't been this excited to deliver his miniature sub to boys in Pattaya since his Paypal days.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

How does a mining company that digs out 8 billion dollars in gold go bankrupt?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
My uninformed guess is creative accounting to leave a hollow shell of a company behind to manage the cleanup and then under-fund that because what do you care, you've got your money and it's not your small town.

Edit: this approach is also popular if you used to manufacture asbestos and don't want to pay compensation to all the people you're slowly killing:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-04-23/hardie-misleading-on-asbestos-fund/1660232

GotLag fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 11, 2018

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FalloutGod posted:

They paid out all the profits to shareholders and executives.

Also, they didn’t actually sell the gold for eight billion dollars. That’s what it would be worth if they had hoarded it till 2018.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

:kiss:

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/105390669/thai-cave-rescue-us-film-crew-on-the-case

Duck and Cover posted:

God Bless you Elon Musk and your selfless sacrifice.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Gromit posted:

Sssh, don't confuse the hatefest with facts.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FalloutGod posted:

Probably on purpose to avoid having to foot the cleanup bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
should be able to claw that back from executives and shareholders, imo