Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

So the answer is: if you want unbanned you have to talk to Asher. There's no blanket unbanning coming.

If you don't want unbanned, or if you refuse to talk to Asher, same outcome I guess. e.g.. dragonshardz

Would this be the same Asher that swung into the last thread to say how ashamed he was of us making noise about a transphobic sub-director DURING A VIDEO GAME WAR? That Asher? Sure yeah let’s all go have a chat with “Part of the problem” .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

as an addendum, if there is any proof of someone in Goosefleet doing this poo poo, I will commissar them.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Baculus posted:

Please explain my ban. I'll wait.

I did a quick search on the forums and came across this excerpt:

quote:

EVE System > Channel changed to Local : PDE-U3
Baculus Orden > never not mine in delve plz

I rest my case.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

as an addendum, if there is any proof of someone in Goosefleet doing this poo poo, I will commissar them.

Will we have to submit a ticket for the council of elders to pour over or will you just y’know right click and kick em.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Aedaxus posted:

I don't need helicopter emails, thank you. You can keep those to yourself.

Nah, this is a message board, and the purpose is to share with the community.

Hope that helps.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rhymenoserous posted:

Will we have to submit a ticket for the council of elders to pour over or will you just y’know right click and kick em.

you know the answer to this, and it is not the on that relies on Jira.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

FirstnameLastname posted:

In other EVE news:
This is felony stuff.

Eve online is fuckingn stupid
Just lmao

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I'd like to make aware to anyone in goon swarm federation leadership that is reading this thread that I am a Certified Scrum Master and have been a Product Owner within various Agile frameworks, so I would be happy to lead the backlog grooming (NOT THAT KIND! MOST FOLKS THINK THAT KIND IS BAD!) session to prioritize the tickets submitted by people being harassed to the point of tears and suicidal ideation. Please let me know!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I'd like to make aware to anyone in goon swarm federation leadership that is reading this thread that I am a Certified Scrum Master and have been a Product Owner within various Agile frameworks, so I would be happy to lead the backlog grooming (NOT THAT KIND! MOST FOLKS THINK THAT KIND IS BAD!) session to prioritize the tickets submitted by people being harassed to the point of tears and suicidal ideation. Please let me know!

I’ve got my six sigma black belt and have my PMP cert. lmao kill me

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

six ligma

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't even know what you guys want any more, to be honest

from where i'm sitting it looks like a bunch of incoherent screaming

it can't be being unbanned, not a single one of you is ever going to go back of your own volition even if you could

i don't think people want to be unbanned to rejoin, they just want to be unbanned to be vindicated. "well, you were right, there were problems, but they're solved now" is cheap words.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't even know what you guys want any more, to be honest

from where i'm sitting it looks like a bunch of incoherent screaming

it can't be being unbanned, not a single one of you is ever going to go back of your own volition even if you could

so are you sitting looking at a blank wall then or what

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Apparently my blacklist was for "defacing the forums and hostile alts".

Which makes sense since I had dropped corp on all my alts I remembered. Apparently I had left a few in goons though accidentally that I literally forgot I had.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Defacing the forums: a criminal and blacklisting offence

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Frank Frank posted:

Eve online is fuckingn stupid
Just lmao

hi frank frank, how have you been?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Cease to Hope posted:

i don't think people want to be unbanned to rejoin, they just want to be unbanned to be vindicated. "well, you were right, there were problems, but they're solved now" is cheap words.

I dunno, for me it's just "okay, poo poo's hosed; :sever: -- turn my back on it and move on." I think my response to everything is being deadened by having already dissociated with GSF years ago. Or maybe from always keeping an arm's length from everything, no matter how deep I got.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
calling out the enabling leadership that allowed a sex pest to shield a paedophile for years to metagame both CCP and our videogame enemies and demanding a complete cultural overhaul to make the alliance a better place for all members: you are an enemy of the state, please speak to Asher about forgiveness

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ssb posted:

hi frank frank, how have you been?

Hi! Good. Who are you? Thanks to this dumb thread I started playing toilet eve and I’m actually having fun with it.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Hi! Good. Who are you? Thanks to this dumb thread I started playing toilet eve and I’m actually having fun with it.

shortspecialbus, I changed it because I think that one was getting a bit, uh, dated.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ssb posted:

shortspecialbus, I changed it because I think that one was getting a bit, uh, dated.

Oh hah. Hi! How have you been?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Oh hah. Hi! How have you been?

Doing well! I don't think I've personally logged into eve since suiciding a mothership at the vilerat shoot blues memorial op, and suas and/or frabba have all my eve guys and I don't see myself playing eve ever again. The recent bullshit did make me reach out to various eve friends that i'd lost touch with so that's at least something positive from this poo poo show.

fake edit: is slow mode still really necessary?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ssb posted:

Doing well! I don't think I've personally logged into eve since suiciding a mothership at the vilerat shoot blues memorial op, and suas and/or frabba have all my eve guys and I don't see myself playing eve ever again. The recent bullshit did make me reach out to various eve friends that i'd lost touch with so that's at least something positive from this poo poo show.

fake edit: is slow mode still really necessary?

Ah I was gone by then I think but I still have my viletat press-on tattoo somewhere. Glad you’re doing well.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

A red day for goosefeet pay f to play respects

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

Can confirm, this was literally mittens last act in illum chat. Which on a scale of 1-10 on epic ways to go out, deadtear broke the scale.

lol woke tantrum

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

FirstnameLastname posted:

In other EVE news:
Over a dozen players were doxxed in the last two weeks, across multiple groups, many of them being PL members who have been had someone contact their employer and given false accusations/falsified evidence implying them in harboring BFM or covering up for his crimes or something along those lines - the accusations I've heard of so far all referenced this

This is pretty evidently either the premeditated & planned work of one individual, or multiple in coordination, and carried nothing except blatantly harmful intent directed on the recepients.

I've been told several of the affected players are quitting over this.

Some are confirmed to be suffering serious real-life legal/employer/social disruption & distress due to this.

From what I can tell the common connection between the
harassed was hanging out in the same discord channel and/or some being PL members.

One doxxing happened last Monday, the rest happened this Monday, as far as I know.
I just found out about this yesterday, and don't know who all has been affected, so I may be wrong/inaccurats about this
This is /!\ BREAKING /!\ style info so inaccuracies are possible, don't run this this info as fact without verifying it independently please - feel free to correct me on stuff by the way if I'm wrong/inaccurate on anything

I'm giving this info as I hear about it, based off what I've observed and been told by people who don't have the whole picture yet. None of this info is from CCP directly or indirectly

None of the victims were (or were, from what I can tell, even capable of) covering for BFM's crimes, most were unaware who he is, what he's done or their knowledge started and ended with "Heard that guy is v. yeugh", Some were not at any point in the same organization as BFM, or had not been for several years.

What accusations precisely have been made are unclear to me right now, besides them involving BFM/harboring/covering for BFM

AFAIK the actual doxxing(s) & harassment happened this Monday and last Monday.

If you've been doxxed, or know of anyone who has or have any other info, CCP Dopamine is heading this issue up. CCP/eve official Discord: https://discord.gg/eveonline

Also probably local law enforcement and/or the FBI because this is a mass harassment thing at this point

I'm moving literally right now, today, but I'm cooperating with CCP & giving them as much info as I can on this - if you have any info, please contact them

This is far less of an issue, p but is directly connected to it, please do not let this distract from the important part, which is the stuff you just read, and not this part, TY! I promise I'm not trying t,o, nor am I assuming things are about me here and I understand that I am not the victim compared to the actual victims of this.
To cut it off before the goobers come out: if you are concerned I had anything to do with this, or that it was something instigated by me posting it: I don't have any involvement.
This is felonious stuff and if you're gonna imply my involvement due to my recent Post Posting? Get it together. This is felony stuff.
One of the victims is active military and facing serious poo poo over it, this is not jokey-trolly time nor is it time for MMO tribalism.

I'm saying this entirely because I heard from one of the victims that my name came up among people who felt (understandably) suspicious due to my recent Posting proof or evidence of people having done bad things, with lots of uncertainty as to what I have actually done / been doing, what my motivations are, who I am, what I've been encouraging, the total lack of GSF clarifying and acknowledging anything that happened, or any recusal of statements that I'm a shitter, who wants to ruin everything or whatever that Mittani made, and a few salty individuals like like has Wibla continues to make , or that TheAdj made ( kind of, but, I don't think he ever knew me really, and is under the impression that I directed a statement towards him that would be incredibly mean if it was read that way, and I think he read it that way) etc. [EDIT: Corrected who is being a shithead, and who isn't, also fixed run->Ruin]
I would like to restate that I have been strongly and unequivocally discouraging any IRL or online harassment of anyone for any reason by any method every single time I have mentioned contacting anyone, and so do not try to spin this as some "you see what happens? Genies outta bottle now" cautionary tale against "saying the truth, responsibly pushing towards positive change and encouraging others to do the same" - your whole rear end will show.

This is serious as gently caress and if you're going to imply my responsibility for or or involvement in a criminal conspiracy involving the stalking and mass-framing/harassment of people including active military personnel who may now be facing a loving court martial? You'd better have some sort of argument to support it.

I've heard it enough times now, it's dumb. If you have a genuine suspicion, or if you're unsure the role I've had in this? Feel free to raise the issue! I'm not trying to shut people down, and I will happily clear things up. I understand there's a lot of people who don't know who I am, especially people not from here, but that
one specific 'thing' is played out, and is clearly not at play here, so just st a word in advance on that, do not expect a response if it's the out of control witch hunt thing.

This is clearly a planned, multi-stage retaliatory attack that was not meant to helpfully inform anyone of anything or make anyone safer or make anything better and certainly not acting from any encouragement on my part.

I had been working with one of the people in PL since the middle of July to show the accusations and statements made regarding him were credible.

I've been in communication with some of the people impacted, I've sent CCP a bunch of info already, currently in contact with them, and I'll be contacting them further on this once I've moved to help in any way possible.

if you know anyone who has been affected, please don't name who here, talk to CCP if they don't have info, but if you're their friend, do check in on em. This is scary stuff that messes with people's heads bad

I'm pretty certain a certain pedophile recently shooed off of an alliance after their pedophilia had been revealed is behind it, if you are curious.

Also I don't have the time but if someone could make this fit for Reddit and repost it there, like strip out the spoiler stuff non-allowed sfuff or write something yourself you don't have to credit me this information just needs to be known because people who've gotten hit by this need to know where to go and it's not clear how many people have gotten hit by this.

Also this is just the directions for the CCP Eve online part, not the real life part, if a crime was committed against you, you should probably report it, but I am not a lawyer. Fr tho this is a hugely illegal thing.

CCP DOPAMINE is the person to contact on this! Ty

Quoting for the next page because it's important :dings:

dragonshardz posted:

Whoever did this, if they get caught, they are most certainly going to be permanently banned like that one is a given, and probably catch a fat loving sentence if they live anywhere in the United States or Europe & it's proveable

this is big time crime, like, in terms of how angrily a judge would slam a gavel down, this prolly comes right behind the Excavator in severity

Has anyone made a post on Reddit about this happening? I really don't have time rn & don't want do on phone

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 6, 2022

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Frank Frank posted:

You have already died.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

What's ligma?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

PhilippAchtel posted:

What's ligma?

Not much, what’s ligma with you?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Not much, what’s ligma with you?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I dunno, for me it's just "okay, poo poo's hosed; :sever: -- turn my back on it and move on." I think my response to everything is being deadened by having already dissociated with GSF years ago. Or maybe from always keeping an arm's length from everything, no matter how deep I got.

Some of us have this brain problem where we see an org of thousands of people that is still riddled with red flag people and, while we're not in it, we'd still kinda like the poo poo we've seen happen not happen to anyone else.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

andromache posted:

deadtear broke the scale.

Qft

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vando posted:

Some of us have this brain problem where we see an org of thousands of people that is still riddled with red flag people and, while we're not in it, we'd still kinda like the poo poo we've seen happen not happen to anyone else.

Well, good loving luck with that. The last six and a half years has, uh, put the scope of this sort of sentiment into sharp relief, generally speaking. Too big for me.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lol toilet eve got someone to actually record a song with vocals for their new expansion and…it’s not terrible. The lyrics out of context are fine-ish (if you don’t know it’s eve-related). Also the new piano instrumental background music sounds like Hollow Knight and I dig it.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Well, good loving luck with that. The last six and a half years has, uh, put the scope of this sort of sentiment into sharp relief, generally speaking. Too big for me.

Too big for you, which is why protest happens in a group.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Ok, bye?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

I am a Certified Scrum Master and have been a Product Owner within various Agile frameworks

Frank Frank posted:

the most disgusting revelations from this thread so far

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
What if I told you I moved the directorate meeting and task planning from google docs to Miro Boards

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Do prospective directors have to do video zoom interviews?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

no joke, one of the major reasons i recused myself from the direkkktorate after less than a year was to eliminate all of the loving space meetings

i can barely tolerate that poo poo when they're paying me to attend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

shut the gently caress up about the pubbie organization "goon swarm federation" jesus christ

if i want to read about the trials and tribulations of pubbies i'll go on r*ddit or get reinvited to cesspool