Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dyna Soar posted:

nah, they're not disproportionately popular among nerds nor have an obnoxiously vocal fanbase

drat these idiots for going to and talking about going to a gig for a band someone has heard about and whose ep you didn't find in the cum crusted underbelly of a one dollar demo cassette bin in the back alley of a record shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Also the Rick and Morty of metal is obv Bolt Thrower

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
late to the party but the new Alkaloid is really good

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

:bandwagon:

Same. I don't usually prog but, when a band puts a Tool into my Morbid Angel - I'm in.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

:bandwagon:

Same. I don't usually prog but, when a band puts a Tool into my Morbid Angel - I'm in.

plus Yes

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TollTheHounds posted:

My wife just linked this to me, and it is surprisingly awesome:

Bloodywood - Ari Ari Ari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FqGPRQWFM

"You have no idea how hard it is to play guitar on a camel"

"Indian metal band Bloodywood remakes a classic Indian folk song into a gut wrenching Metal song that redefines Unity, diversity and what humans are forgetting to practice these days!"

It kind of plays like a [edit]less-aggressive[/edit] Punjabi Body Count, which is exactly what you are expecting.

This is really good. Punjabi Body Count is a perfect way to describe it.

I've really enjoy Rudra for a bit of a black metal meets Indian music (although they are from Singapore)

https://youtu.be/MVvDOTxEb_Q

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

as decreed by laws unwritten is the best death metal track I've heard in a long time

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

murked by dragon posted:

as decreed by laws unwritten is the best death metal track I've heard in a long time

yeah, that's my favorite track from this album. good stuff.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm really partial to kernel panic because that is one hell of a loving opener

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thanks Satyricon. Solid as hell live.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i saw buckethead the other night for the 2nd time and while it's a cool experience i guess i left after he finally played soothsayer cause all of his material sorta runs together

it'd be a more interesting experience if he actually had a live drummer but that's probably expensive

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kumba posted:

i saw buckethead the other night for the 2nd time and while it's a cool experience i guess i left after he finally played soothsayer cause all of his material sorta runs together

it'd be a more interesting experience if he actually had a live drummer but that's probably expensive

I hate to say it like this but I really have to see him before he potentially dies :/

I’m not even a life long fan but in the last year he has become one of my favorites. Those ambient albums are so so so good.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i just looked him up after what you wrote and drat yea i had no idea he had a heart condition, that sucks. glad i've gotten to see him twice in the past few years

soothsayer and jordan are both a++ tier but all the noodling gets kinda old after a while. his covers of john williams' star wars score and his rendition of the songs in willy wonka are awesome and big crowd pleasers

definitely worth seeing at least once just to watch him do a nunchuck dance to skrillex and hand out presents from a giant sack like a kfc-themed santa

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yeah man it’s really awful. I can’t imagine living with something that unpredictable. He’s a trooper though, clearly. Dude is living a life.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
i feel like his sets are super long too, like over 2 hours. admittedly it's been nearly 10 years since i've seen him though. you'll get your money's worth, and it's an entertaining show

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

somehow i knew they were a seasons of mist band without even having to look it up

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Me a few hours ago:

:v: Everyone sure seems to be talking up this new Alkaloid record. Let's just check this out a-- :tviv:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I ordered Liquid Anatomy from the Season of Mist store, and they sent me a copy of Erathems by Cronian. Looks to be a side project of Mr. V and Oystein G Brun. Holy gently caress this is a nice freebie.

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
https://uada.bandcamp.com/album/cult-of-a-dying-sun

Oh yes

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
MDF nerds hit me up via pm

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Speaking of MDF, how is the new format working out? Seems like not having to constantly hoof it between Edison Lot and the other venues would be nice.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 26, 2018

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
It’s honestly probably the best it’s been in 5 years.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Faffel posted:

drat these idiots for going to and talking about going to a gig for a band someone has heard about and whose ep you didn't find in the cum crusted underbelly of a one dollar demo cassette bin in the back alley of a record shop

Demo tapes are definitely bad for some reason

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Faffel posted:

Also the Rick and Morty of metal is obv Bolt Thrower

gently caress that, Bolt Thrower is actually good

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
reminder that a bunch of manchildren itt worship ghost and devin townsend irl

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

owned, people who like things i do not like, owned

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

mission accomplished o7

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Weaponized Cum posted:

reminder that a bunch of manchildren itt worship ghost and devin townsend irl

saw a dude @ mdf in a ghost shirt and he looked like he probably posted here

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Which goon stereotype was he?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

This is good poo poo.

Still waiting for new Mgła, though.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

gently caress this is good. I already really liked UADA but they've gotten even better with this one, easily one of the best albums I've heard this year for sure which is saying a lot. The fact that this is only their second album makes me excited to see where they go in the future. Every track is killer but I especially liked Snakes & Vultures and Mirrors on first listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcfgPa39Pc

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

owned, people who like things i do not like, owned

Oh god, it hurts.....the sick burn of being owned because I like a band someone else doesn't....my heart.....this is the big one.........

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Detective Thompson posted:

I just saw that Our Place of Worship Is Silence put out their second album last month. Their first one is some pretty mean stuff.
https://opowis.bandcamp.com/album/with-inexorable-suffering

From a few pages back but I just listened to the whole album a couple hours ago and it is absolutely ruthless. They're like a far more primitive Dead Congregation and it caused me to buy their first album, too.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

il_cornuto posted:

gently caress this is good. I already really liked UADA but they've gotten even better with this one, easily one of the best albums I've heard this year for sure which is saying a lot. The fact that this is only their second album makes me excited to see where they go in the future. Every track is killer but I especially liked Snakes & Vultures and Mirrors on first listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcfgPa39Pc

Holy poo poo :stare:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the drummer from sublime cadaveric decomposition is a lunatic and has been in the pit non-stop. ive personally seen security to tell him to "stop it" like 3 times already, trying to launch himself from various railings.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Fenrir posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

Seconding that Holy poo poo. gently caress those guitars are so good.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

A human heart posted:

Demo tapes are definitely bad for some reason

If you don't have three albums out why should I even listen to your band

Duke Pukem posted:

gently caress that, Bolt Thrower is actually good

Sounds like you're a wubba lubba dumb rear end!

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

joylessdivision posted:

This is really good. Punjabi Body Count is a perfect way to describe it.

I've really enjoy Rudra for a bit of a black metal meets Indian music (although they are from Singapore)

https://youtu.be/MVvDOTxEb_Q

Yeah I can dig this, Indian mythologies make for great metal lyrics, something slightly different from the norm anyway.

Another classic from India is Demonic Resurrection, I guess they've been around for decades but I only heard of them with their latest album. I see them listed as "death" but it's more like melodic death/power/folk, they have some great riffs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxX06WMVFto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiS_NKXNKUU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TollTheHounds posted:

Yeah I can dig this, Indian mythologies make for great metal lyrics, something slightly different from the norm anyway.

Another classic from India is Demonic Resurrection, I guess they've been around for decades but I only heard of them with their latest album. I see them listed as "death" but it's more like melodic death/power/folk, they have some great riffs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxX06WMVFto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiS_NKXNKUU

I like Demonic Resurrection too, but I feel like they don't mix in enough traditional instruments in the way Rudra does and that's kinda what appeals to me.

Same with Cthonic, gimme that sweet black metal nonsense with some cool rear end traditional Taiwanese instruments in there.

E: also yeah, Indian mythology is seriously :black101:

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Gruesome Malady is the best band from India because they're loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx7VshU0VkM

I like to think of them as Shredding Goregrind because holy gently caress listen to those licks!