Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

I'm guessing it's not the labourer sort

Guerra al perjuro
traidor y masón,
que con su aliento impuro
hunde la nación.

Take a breath mint, you loving masons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
Yea, these masons and their conspirations to build a laser in the moon *sakes fist*.

When I was a child, we use to apply a made up letter for the spanish anthem. It was something like "Franco, franco, tiene el culo blanco". Something poking fun about our dictator.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

Do it in Moroccan Arabic

Ladino

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

What? The Canadian anthem has nothing to do with he flag. It even says right in the title that it's an address to the country. There's nothing in he lyrics to suggest that a flag is specifically being addressed or referenced.

MeinPanzer fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 3, 2016

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

MeinPanzer posted:

What? The Canadian anthem has nothing to do with he flag. It even says right in the title that it's an address to the country. There's nothing in he lyrics to suggest that a flag is specifically being addressed or referenced.

There's also nothing in the map to suggest that either

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

MeinPanzer posted:

I too find reading maps and/or identifying Canada very difficult

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MeinPanzer posted:

Turn on your monitor

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
POLAND

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

misdirectomy posted:

I too find reading maps and/or identifying Canada very difficult

Anyone can miss Canada, tucked away all down there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is so painful, please delete

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

It's true, Italy is the India of Europe.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

You don't happen to have photos of other sides of that thing?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Iraq and Iran are triangles that don't share a border.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Ancient Greeks made better maps than that.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The British Isles replaced by Novaya Zemlya seems awfully appropriate after Brexit

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Take good care of this artifact, cuneiform maps are very rare.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If kind of looks like France is the anus of Europe pooping out what I assume is Sardinia and Corsica

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Crete or Cyprus also looks like poop.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Is there a collection of photos of those gloves somewhere? A couple of years ago I saw a few of them at Target and not one of them was without glaring issues like that. They're almost adorable, like a four-year-old made them or something.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Carbon dioxide posted:

You don't happen to have photos of other sides of that thing?

I'll get more today.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Titus Sardonicus posted:

They're almost adorable, like a four-year-old made them or something.

Well a four year old probably did make them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thank god for Quran schools :bahgawd:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Does Libya not have old people or something?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lord Hydronium posted:

Does Libya not have old people or something?

No statistic surveys? Data for young population would be available by comparing state recorded birth and school attendance figures.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

steinrokkan posted:

No statistic surveys? Data for young population would be available by comparing state recorded birth and school attendance figures.

School attendance doesn't guarantee that they know how to read. Dumb people still exist.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Rah! posted:

Well a four year old probably did make them.

Well yeah, I meant more like as a little kid's art project. As it is in reality, it's more sad than adorable.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fishmech posted:

School attendance doesn't guarantee that they know how to read. Dumb people still exist.

Bad teachers also exist.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

fishmech posted:

I'm having a bad case of deja vu, didn't this exact argument lead to a derail not too long ago? Anyway, poor students exist all over the globe, so detracting them from the literacy pool would just multiply the literacy figures of all countries by some arbitrary number lower than 1, leading to the same relative results.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

steinrokkan posted:

I'm having a bad case of deja vu, didn't this exact argument lead to a derail not too long ago? Anyway, poor students exist all over the globe, so detracting them from the literacy pool would just multiply the literacy figures of all countries by some arbitrary number lower than 1, leading to the same relative results.

Er, dude, people don't generate literacy statistics by just assuming "went to school = can read". If that were true a lot of countries would be rated higher.

They tend to instead be generated by attempting to test a representative sample of the people/age groups/etc in question.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

fishmech posted:

Er, dude, people don't generate literacy statistics by just assuming "went to school = can read". If that were true a lot of countries would be rated higher.

They tend to instead be generated by attempting to test a representative sample of the people/age groups/etc in question.

I doubt that Mali has a nation-wide literacy sampling system. Or that they actually test 65+ year olds instead of relying on self-assessment".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Politically loaded because of Western Sahara.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

steinrokkan posted:

I doubt that Mali has a nation-wide literacy sampling system. Or that they actually test 65+ year olds instead of relying on self-assessment".

This data comes from UNESCO, they research and conduct these kinds of things themselves. Again, if they were just going off official reports all of these countries would probably rated a lot higher, or if they went off reports of how many people went to school.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So what's the conclusion to be drawn here? That strong-arm dictators are good for your education?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

mobby_6kl posted:

So what's the conclusion to be drawn here? That strong-arm dictators are good for your education?

Well you don't hear about anyone ELSE having entire camps devoted to re-education now, do you?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Powered Descent posted:

Well you don't hear about anyone ELSE having entire camps devoted to re-education now, do you?

:golfclap:

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Pakistan: part of the Middle East, or possibly North Africa. Seriously, what's going on with the random other countries. Especially Portugal.

fishmech posted:

Hi fishmech.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Gee, I don't know how I missed Mauritania and Senegal being flooded by the sea. You'd think that would get mentioned in the news.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

mobby_6kl posted:

I dunno about you, but I concluded that people aged 65 and older in those countries have a lower literacy rate than people aged 18-24. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well that's literally what the map says, but what do these figures actually mean in terms of development in the region? I guess you aren't in that 18-24 group though so just don't worry about it :v: