Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Congresswoman Karen Handel is a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Bottom Liner posted:

Guys, I think Nate Silver may be just as full of poo poo and blind guessing just like the rest of us :siren:

Guys, I think maybe people who don't understand statistics shouldn't talk about forecasting.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BiohazrD posted:

its a meaningless race, loving throw a full communism now candidate and see how it plays out

Sadly the DNC doesn't completely control the primary, yet.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Don't worry guys, once all the old people start dying off, the US will be enshrined in the bathing glow of progressive light. White people are going to be the minority too, so there's that.

We've won guys, we're just trying to catch up to the future.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Apparently not if multiple people in this thread went to the hospital and had psychotic breaks on November 6th.

I'm all about obsessing over political minutae and caring too much, but a comedy forum discussing politics 24/7 is probably the last place you should be (the royal you).

Get some exercise, eat right, get your mental state in a good place, and get ready to vote in a year and a half.

It's hard to get one's mental state in a good place when the thing that keeps it there is being directly threatened by said politics. There are days I take forced breaks, but it doesn't change how the Senate is merrily discussing ways to deprive a whooooole lot of people of their ability to do so.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Good job by the way, you had that perfect combination of blinkered stupidity, smarmy condescension, and self-absorbed wealth obsession that gave it that touch of FYGM quant realism.

:psyduck:

Good...job?!?

Jesus gently caress, I loving hate our stupid "irony" cultural obsession. Don't be proud of trolls.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Solkanar512 posted:

Guys, I think maybe people who don't understand statistics shouldn't talk about forecasting.

so we agree then

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glazier posted:

Dude we'll all be dead or imprisoned within a year, that's a fact. Might as well face it, life as we know it is over.

You were confidently stating that you would be dead in Trump's first 100 days. Yet hear you are

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Hundreds of new posts. Let me guess, Ossof is losing and the sad brains are sadding.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
who could have guessed that the young robotic centrist would get ratfucked by the right-wing media in the closing days of the campaign

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
My guess is that the vaunted immigrant vote didn't turn out at all for Ossoff because like most democrat establishment figures they think minorities will have no choice but to vote for them. In reality they just stay home.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

State elections didn't begin this year chief.

Oh poo poo. You were talking aboutf that time when the arab, muslim, kenyan black, gun-takijng Democrat was President?

When a major healthcare bill which was extremely contentious caused what is normally a loss for the governing party to instead be landslide losses during a census year?

During the continuing years where the President' s party continued to lose seats which is in line with history, even when the total House votes favored his own party?

That's the period to which you were referring? Because then truly I am mistaken, chief.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The mortgage interest deduction really is bad. That was serious.
I dunno, I guess I never really understood why people want to get rid of deductions. They are good things and I want more of them. They reduce my taxable income.

Some represent economic reality (sometimes it takes money to make money) and some represent social policy (having kids is good for society in general or owning homes)

quote:

Saying 500k is working class was obviously not serious, but some people agreed with me and I thought it was too stupid to not keep going.
Lol that's the best part about it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TGLT posted:

They had hope, because they failed to understand that hope is a mistake.

'Course the other part of that is you're supposed to work at it, but instead I guess Ossoff's people sent emails blaming potential voters and donors? Or did that turn out to be fake?

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/877339988769112065

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I had three years of therapy and was already on medications for anxiety and depression before Trump was elected so I guess add me to the list of people who don't appreciate the lovely trolling in this thread.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

You were confidently stating that you would be dead in Trump's first 100 days. Yet hear you are

To be fair I had no idea how incompetent they would be.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Peven Stan posted:

My guess is that the vaunted immigrant vote didn't turn out at all for Ossoff because like most democrat establishment figures they think minorities will have no choice but to vote for them. In reality they just stay home.

ya know all night i was really wondering when we were going to start blaming minorities

for not voting

in ga06

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

skylined! posted:

karen handel is a piece of poo poo

:yeah:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Guy Goodbody posted:

Joke's on you, Glazier is posting from beyond the grave. :smug:

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Been away from news and just checking in, and it looks like we might see ~3% wins by the GOP in both races? Wow. Wouldn't have guessed that.

Other than "this sucks" I'm not sure what the takeaway for Dems is going to be, here. Is there a lesson to be learned in how Parnell ran his campaign? Honest question, I didn't pay attention and I have no idea what was going on in that race.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glazier posted:

To be fair I had no idea how incompetent they would be.

Your bizarre fantasy of getting gunned down by Trump's death squad isn't going to happen, dude

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
No one's life has gotten appreciably worse under Trump yet lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I do agree the more working class candidates Democrats run the better.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shifty Nipples posted:

I had three years of therapy and was already on medications for anxiety and depression before Trump was elected so I guess add me to the list of people who don't appreciate the lovely trolling in this thread.

I really don't understand this mindset of "I saw it was upsetting people, so I just rolled with it!"

It's almost sociopathic.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

cravius posted:

Yeah, none of those deported really count anyway lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Welp. Time to check the gently caress out of politics until they release the pee tape. Republicans pay not electoral price for their conduct.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

if you live in ga06 your duty for the next year is to make her feel like a piece of poo poo as often as possible

also let me know how to help in doing so. i'll drive up for a weekend of protest or yelling at her office or whatever

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The progressive wing has the knives out. Ossoff didn't have to be a hard core lefty running on tax increases, but he at least needed to hammer Trump and Trumpcare. Running on reducing the debt was stupid.

The random unfunded guy in SC ran on Trump and AHCA and did really well in defeat. Ossoff did worse than Hillary.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rigel posted:

The progressive wing has the knives out.

They always do, and they're always useless.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

skylined! posted:

ya know all night i was really wondering when we were going to start blaming minorities

for not voting

in ga06

peven stan is a noted han supremacist so

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

The progressive wing has the knives out. Ossoff didn't have to be a hard core lefty running on tax increases, but he at least needed to hammer Trump and Trumpcare. Running on reducing the debt was stupid.

Do you understand how primaries work?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

I really don't understand this mindset of "I saw it was upsetting people, so I just rolled with it!"

It's almost sociopathic.

It's literally making the world a shittier place in their own special way.

The glad-handing a job well done for successful trolls is really strange to me.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

cravius posted:

yes, all those people being imprisoned and deported are no one

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
i think specifically getting trump and losing leonard cohen on the same loving day would have had an actual death toll in the dozens if not hundreds

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oxxidation posted:

They always do, and they're always useless.

well yeah, they need to have some common ground with centrist democrats

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

eviltastic posted:

Been away from news and just checking in, and it looks like we might see ~3% wins by the GOP in both races? Wow. Wouldn't have guessed that.

Other than "this sucks" I'm not sure what the takeaway for Dems is going to be, here. Is there a lesson to be learned in how Parnell ran his campaign? Honest question, I didn't pay attention and I have no idea what was going on in that race.

Parnell ran without any support. Ossoff had all the money. Basically, Democrats need to run someone in every single House race and get a bit of support with turnout, campaigning, etc., without drawing huge gobs of outside cash.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Rigel posted:

The random unfunded guy in SC ran on Trump and AHCA and did really well in defeat. Ossoff did worse than Hillary.

The GOP is about to pass a healthcare bill with 17% approval nationally.

~Better not mention it~

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Abner Assington posted:

Yeah, none of those deported really count anyway lol

Likewise, the ones who have been threatened, attacked, or killed.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

cravius posted:

What is your point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

cravius posted: