Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A new MS Saga would be so cool. You could even tie it into the build verse sorta. All those new parts you could slap on your dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

So something I was reminded of today, in Gundam Battle Assault 1 & 2 you had the Mobile Suits usually piloted by the people you expect to be piloting them, not so much the case for the Japanese original versions Gundam The Battle Master 1 & 2*, in those versions all the MS are piloted by new original characters in a non-UC setting(I've heard suggestions that it's supposed to be a version of the Gundam X setting but I'm not sure how true that is), a bit like the PS2 MS Saga rpg in many respects

Its an interesting concept that I wouldn't be against them revisiting in a future game, definitely opens up some possibilities when you aren't tied to an existing universe but can use their toys

*here's where things get weird, Battle Master 1 never left Japan, Battle Master 2 got imported to the US as Battle Assault 1 with a couple minor changes(mostly replacing the Zeta Gundam with the Wing Gundam for synergy with Gundam Wing being the New Hotness in the US), Battle Assault 2 meanwhile is a new game made specifically for the US market(hence why most of the new suits in that game are from either Wing/Endless Waltz or G Gundam, which led to several of the suits from the previous game being dummied out to make room for the new guys), and didn't get a Japanese release till a good year or two after it's US release

Zeta Gundam actually didn't get replaced, the protagonist's Hamma Hamma got swapped with the Wing Gundam which then used Zeta Gundam's moveset.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0048 - To Earth

Top Gun program still exists, but do they still use Tomcats or have them all transferred to Mobile Suits? What's the possibility of Tom Cruise playing the part of Camille/Amuro?

Title Drop. Camille understands that complimenting a woman is the nice thing to do. Congratulations!

Man everyones trying to recruit everyone else. Titans get the same rank but treated as one rank higher? Why not... give them the higher rank?

Yeah gently caress this guy I hope he eats more of this lady's boot leather. Lol this idiot keeps getting owned.

Wait they are going to send a capsule through Earth's atmosphere? Not sure I'd trust those things after last time... Oh wait she's in like... a fighter craft.

Was there a cut episode here? I feel like this relationship is a little sudden between capsule girl and Camille.

Kinda funny how often Camille is stealing the Armless Gundam to the point where everyone just sorta has to accept it.

You know, I wasn't expecting it but a Mobile Suit crashing into the bridge would've been so loving cool.

Woah Amuro's alive and kicking, and he has a butler now. Wild.

Awww Camille slices off a dude's arm and they don't even keep it on screen for a second.

Second time was better. Cool.

What a sad ending for the Montblanc :(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0049 - Escape From Side One

Commander Jemykon? Jemiekon? Jemaikon?

Relax Camille, we're joking, we aren't making you a pilot! HAHAHAHAHA! *spits out apple core*

Camille asking the smart questions: Benefits!

FFS shower scenes are back. Why do they have a corpse on the bridge helping Jemaikon?

So, and this is crazy, is Lilah supposed to be the Char of this series? While Char/Quattro is a good dude now.

Well, at least one writer had their finger on the pulse of senseless death caused by militaries and their commanders.

Oh my god they almost shot Spike Spiegel! Can't believe Camille almost got beaned by a dead person.

Holy poo poo, Fake News in the year... uh... 0085? I forget what year it is.

Wait did they repaint Camille's Gundam? I preferred the dark livery. Then again, I'm a sucker for Deathscythe, can't wait to get back to that series.

Lots of Gundam Hugs being applied in this series so far.

Was 80s animation always this good? OH poo poo Guess that mobile suit just got domed!

That ambush was cool. WAIT THEY KILLED LILAH?! gently caress. drat. Wow.

Zeta loving rules.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jamaican. Yes, like the nationality.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ibblebibble posted:

Jamaican. Yes, like the nationality.

Seriously?! Not the dumbest name im the series but what an odd choice.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Seriously?! Not the dumbest name im the series but what an odd choice.

Tomino often named things to see if anyone was paying attention.

As Quattro shows, they usually weren't.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Quattro is a good name :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Okay its not a bad name.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Okay its not a bad name.

It's not so much the Quattro part as it is the Bajeena part. Or more specifically, some of the earlier translations of the Bajeena part.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

It's not so much the Quattro part as it is the Bajeena part. Or more specifically, some of the earlier translations of the Bajeena part.

CCA spoilers I guess

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Quatro. Quatro... Bagina.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

DamnGlitch posted:

Quatro. Quatro... Bagina.

me having to come up with a fake name while I'm in a Mexican gynecologist's office

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I just makes me lol a little that you have Quattro in UC and then Quatre in Wing. It's the dumbest thing and yet I am amused.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Could be worse, he could have picked Vier Koch.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cinco Penias

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Big Pussy, da Gabagool, launchin

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

Could be worse, he could have picked Vier Koch.

Dos Dingus

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
octo pussy

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DamnGlitch posted:

Dos Dingus

Jamitov Hymen.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The 'Pap' in Paptimus always reminded me of pap smears. Also if you think names in Zeta are weird, just you wait until you get to 00.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
00 names will always be let down by the fact that Lockon Stratos and his identical twin brother, Lockon Stratos, are not actually really called Lockon Stratos or Lockon Stratos, but instead have boring normal names.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Azran posted:

The 'Pap' in Paptimus always reminded me of pap smears. Also if you think names in Zeta are weird, just you wait until you get to 00.

IBO's Griffin family isn't the craziest, but you have to respect their commitment to the theme over at least three generations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

00 names will always be let down by the fact that Lockon Stratos and his identical twin brother, Lockon Stratos, are not actually really called Lockon Stratos or Lockon Stratos, but instead have boring normal names.

I think Bring Stabity makes up for that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched the new Battlelogue episode and lol did her Gunpla really get immobilized by plastic runners at the end.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0050 - Dark Side Of The Moon

Intelligent is giving us too much credit, show.

I don't know why, but this opening scene with Jerid makes me think its either the same voice actor as Sleggar Law, or he's this series' version of Sleggar. Weird.

Oh drat Quattro wants to be gym buddies with me? :swoon:

DUN DUN DUN CHAR IS ON THIS SHIP. Camille's such a poo poo disturber. He's almost sarcastic when he hears that Quattro will be his backup, what gives?

Dude, Jerid, my guy, you've known Lilah for like 2 hours, and she's the only one who ever wanted to go on a date with you, chill.

Also, Jerid literally killed Camille's mom and is asking what loss he knows of?

Nuclear engines? Axis? Conehead? So much new stuff.

Glad to hear that MacDaniel's survived into the future. Also what kind of message is worth $15?!

Ok so Amuro is like 20 years older and what not, do they really not remember certain extraordinary events like a Side being blown to hell?

What the gently caress is Haro doing here?! Amuro you son of a bitch!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Zeta takes place in 0087-0088, which is 8-9 years after Mobile Suit Gundam, so Amuro in Zeta is the ripe old age of 23.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Kanos posted:

Zeta takes place in 0087-0088, which is 8-9 years after Mobile Suit Gundam, so Amuro in Zeta is the ripe old age of 23.

Wait so why do they call it the One Year War Era? Seems odd to me to just be so lackadaisical about the Side's destruction.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Wait so why do they call it the One Year War Era? Seems odd to me to just be so lackadaisical about the Side's destruction.

Half of humanity died. At that point, further details were kind of arguing over details.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0051 - A New Bond

Indiana Jane gets caught for spying. Dr. Oak will not let that stand. Lol that soldier is dumb, also wtf Kai. How the gently caress is he, of ALL people, in the middle of the jungle.

Lol Camille gets bitchslapped so casually. Camille gets slapped again and then basically dies because some rear end in a top hat's got his panties in a bunch.

Surprised Camille came away with only a bruised cheek and a bloody lip. Bitchslap 5.

Haro is co-pilot now, glad to see its moving up in the world. A whole section of Red Zakus, Char must be getting jealous of everyone stealing his paint scheme.

Does... does Char expect to be stealthy at all? Why is this episode not called "Where's Jerid"?

Haro saves Camille for the second time. Emma briefly visits the Fiddy Zone.

More good animations.

Emma's getting a pretty cool fight. I like how there's more damage being shown, rather than just complete destruction. A lot more fun to watch.

Tactical Reload!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

#0051 - A New Bond

Indiana Jane gets caught for spying. Dr. Oak will not let that stand. Lol that soldier is dumb, also wtf Kai. How the gently caress is he, of ALL people, in the middle of the jungle.

As an investigative journalist, he can show up anywhere, at any time. Even the Vatican.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chiasaur11 posted:

As an investigative journalist, he can show up anywhere, at any time. Even the Vatican.

What a jerk!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0052 - Reunion

Petals in Space. Oooh protomechs/worker suits.

Camille talks about memories and how wild it is that robots remember things from 10 years ago, laments his own memory, reminisces about getting bitchslapped.

Each ship has its own unique characteristics, but none appear to be visible on the outside? Then again, not like they show a comparison or mention the "why".

Wait who said "Thank Goodness"? The guy on the bridge?

Quattro is cool.

"Haha, your dust cloud maneuver sucks! *Seconds later* AHHHHH THE DUST CLOUD MANEUVER!"

:rip: Moonbase. Someone almost dies from contact with Haro.

Is it just me that thinks its weird that Camille speaks in the third person when launching?

OH THE MEGABAZOOKA LAUNCHER?! Hell yeah!

Holy poo poo Nurse Joy's on this space shuttle. FA YUI RI is back and I'm HYPED AS WHo is this again? These two are super robotic together.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I think every protagonist pilot speaks in the third person when launching in every Gundam show I've seen so it didn't even register to me as odd

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I always figured it was analogous to some military procedure or something I'm not familiar with

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ninjewtsu posted:

I always figured it was analogous to some military procedure or something I'm not familiar with

Usually it's just a call sign rather than their actual name.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Yeah, it's good to identify yourself when speaking over the radio instead of assuming the operator can recognize your voice. Though IRL uses call signs instead of their name.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

WrightOfWay posted:

Yeah, it's good to identify yourself when speaking over the radio instead of assuming the operator can recognize your voice. Though IRL uses call signs instead of their name.

Unicorn does this: Riddhe is Romeo-8, the Stark Jegan that gets killed by Full Frontal is Juliet-2, and the Jesta squad on the Ra Cailum are Uniform-1, etc. I can't remember if any other shows do it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jackhunter64 posted:

Unicorn does this: Riddhe is Romeo-8, the Stark Jegan that gets killed by Full Frontal is Juliet-2, and the Jesta squad on the Ra Cailum are Uniform-1, etc. I can't remember if any other shows do it.

The Gundam Meisters in 00 do it, sort of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

jackhunter64 posted:

Are you sure the pilots aren't named Juliet Two and Uniform One?