Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Lol at that Pulisic email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Less of an international appeal but I’ve restarted listening to the Second Captains football podcast and it’s very good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Lol at that Pulisic email.

which one of you sent that (jokes, folks)

Nah, that’s too unhinged for here. I almost want to mail in to be all “not all USMNT fans”.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

How has no one else mentioned "woodland timberlakes" from Barry trying to namecheck the Portland timbers

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Yikes

https://twitter.com/IDontLikeSpurs/status/1478373280071434243?t=eD4BL3IG6izOMe4xIy_1sg&s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Nice meltdown

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Nice meltdown

He's getting accused of being a racist all over Twitter. I don't think he's racist, but it's pretty loving hypocritical of him to lambast City for having oil money when Arsenal's stadium and shirt are sponsored by Emirates, lol

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 5, 2022

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
What a oval office. Imagine listening to that for fun.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’ve crunched the numbers and he’s not wrong.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

lolling at the idea of an arsenal fan being upset about diving and cheating.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't put in my podcast that my team got owned and I'm mad. I'm not mad

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

How has no one else mentioned "woodland timberlakes" from Barry trying to namecheck the Portland timbers

lmao just heard this

Dell_Zincht posted:

He's getting accused of being a racist all over Twitter. I don't think he's racist, but it's pretty loving hypocritical of him to lambast City for having oil money when Arsenal's stadium and shirt are sponsored by Emirates, lol

Also Kronke is a piece of poo poo whose attitude to football club ownership is toxic as hell.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m sure Davies would (and has) told the Kroenkes to pound sand as well, I don’t listen to The Tuesday Club anymore but I honestly can’t imagine the players and coaches for City causing them that big a wind-up after that match. A bit unbelievable.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I thought it sounded like a normal fan rant until I realised it was jonathan creek.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Something Awful Forums > Sports Argument Stadium > Bruce Arena Arena

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Jonathan Creek is right I'm afraid.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Heartbreaking that I agree with noted clown journalist Jonathan Liew about knobheads with 'can I have your shirt' signs

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just got round to the woodland timberlakes ep. :mmmhmm:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

Heartbreaking that I agree with noted clown journalist Jonathan Liew about knobheads with 'can I have your shirt' signs

I like Johnny. Not read a lot of his stuff, but I like him on Football Weekly.

That was a great Mesut Haaland Dicks. Feels more comfortable when it's someone like that rather than an actor or comedian or something. Interesting that they said Max wasn't allowed to do it. He's done Wilson's Blizzard/Ramble one before.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
oh god it's neckbeard lars on the latest pod ugh

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I was listening to football weekly in the car this morning and every time wilson spoke he had all these car horns in the background. I kept checking my mirrors.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jippa posted:

I was listening to football weekly in the car this morning and every time wilson spoke he had all these car horns in the background. I kept checking my mirrors.

this isn't how you use that meme

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the long-promised Crypto episode of Football Weekly is up, and no surprise, Philippe Auclair is the one guest with the good takes, including comparing cryptocurrency to digital asbestos.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The only issue I had was it was very guardian that they had to be "balanced" and have some pro bitcoin chud and a VT block chain academic.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
It was good but I wanted more pisstaking about how of all the possibilities of this stuff, the one thing that seems to have caught on is those stupid loving apes.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Horrible take by jonathan liew on zouma kicking the cat in the latest pod :cripes:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

nawilo_420 posted:

Horrible take by jonathan liew on zouma kicking the cat in the latest pod :cripes:

Classic case of him tying himself up in knots trying to be cleverer than he actually is, trying to show he's out-thinking everyone else on a topic. I think he's my least favourite regular at this point because he always does stuff like this (though not usually quite as 'wtf' as this one).

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Johnathan Liew seems like he'd have an incredibly limp and weak handshake.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Liew hates cats and tortures them for fun!!!

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

he ruined it for himself because his joke about Burnley having so many games in hand that they could be the best challenger for City at the top of the league was good. should have quit while he was ahead.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

nawilo_420 posted:

Do you know a time stamp? Idk when I’m going to listen to it but I also don’t love JW and want to add some more ammunition to that stance.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
lolling a bit at Faye Carruthers righteous anger and the collective shrug from Brewin and Liew that followed. For real tho, that was horribly awkward and I couldnt bear to listen to it.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Simiain posted:

lolling a bit at Faye Carruthers righteous anger and the collective shrug from Brewin and Liew that followed. For real tho, that was horribly awkward and I couldnt bear to listen to it.

Very funny, given her reaction on the pod the last time, fans were protesting and entered a ground.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
ugh what's with the fergie adoration on the latest pod

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Nedum Onuoha is the best addition to FW in ages

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Nedum Onuoha is the best addition to FW in ages

Explaining about executing the manager's tactics, even when the players know they won't work, was definitely a good bit added on today. Along with the insight of players caring about where the money is coming from (he didn't play for City for long under the Abu Dhabi group, but experienced the ups and downs of Thaksin Shinawatra).

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yep he is very good. Does he do co commentary at all? I'm guessing he would be good at that.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Yeah Nedum is very good imho, although there's also a certain level of cringe about him sometimes, see for instance his weirdly childish rant about referees in this pod

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I understand what he meant by that though. I don't think it matters how mature you are you still get frustrated in the heat of the moment. In comparison to other sports individual decisions are so important in football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Good to see Ronay finally refining his contrariness to the point of asking ‘why would you support a football team? How gauche’