Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cage-free egghead posted:

https://youtu.be/e-UnAHa9QS0?t=202

My favorite Lovie Smith moment was when they had 4 downs inside the 5 and couldn't punch it in against the Vikes 08 defense. The face he makes when they turn it over on downs is how I imagine him any time they make an error.

Also watch Gus Frerotte make a 99 yard touchdown pass to Berrian on the very next play lmao

This is very similar sounding to what happen to the Lions in the Steelers game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Thaddius the Large posted:

Big shoes to fill, but god willing I’ll be your LWB

Godspeed, friend.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Danny LaFever posted:

This is very similar sounding to what happen to the Lions in the Steelers game.

I'm pretty sure for any negative thing that's happened in the NFL the Lions did it first.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

cage-free egghead posted:

https://youtu.be/e-UnAHa9QS0?t=202

My favorite Lovie Smith moment was when they had 4 downs inside the 5 and couldn't punch it in against the Vikes 08 defense. The face he makes when they turn it over on downs is how I imagine him any time they make an error.

Also watch Gus Frerotte make a 99 yard touchdown pass to Berrian on the very next play lmao

didnt the bears jsut have 4 downs inside the 2 and fail to punch it in

like yesterday
howard no gain
pass to fb no gain
slant to cohen, incomplete (he actually caught+fumbled)
shovel to cohen, no gain

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

didnt the bears jsut have 4 downs inside the 2 and fail to punch it in

like yesterday
howard no gain
pass to fb no gain
slant to cohen, incomplete (he actually caught+fumbled)
shovel to cohen, no gain

Worse.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

What are the chances that Montgomery becomes a hybrid wr/rb next year, instead of fulltime back, now that the rookies have panned out so well?

He seems to fit the role that Cobb had a few years ago: jack-of-all-trades, very useful in the no-huddle.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

OperaMouse posted:

What are the chances that Montgomery becomes a hybrid wr/rb next year, instead of fulltime back, now that the rookies have panned out so well?

He seems to fit the role that Cobb had a few years ago: jack-of-all-trades, very useful in the no-huddle.
Yeah, I think the offense is going to look a lot different. Cobb or Jordy are gonna be gone. I haven't been very impressed with the WR depth, even though they draft lots of receivers. Alison looks good sometimes, but is inconsistent. Eh, they need a good draft. I think their defense might be decent with the right DC.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

For anyone who thinks the Bears are going to let people who know football pick their head coach, they're wrong. Ted Phillips and the moron McCaskeys will be at the center of it all. I'm sure George will explain how mad Virginia is.

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/947948300929511424

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Niwrad posted:

For anyone who thinks the Bears are going to let people who know football pick their head coach, they're wrong. Ted Phillips and the moron McCaskeys will be at the center of it all. I'm sure George will explain how mad Virginia is.

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/947948300929511424

maybe they can hire another consultant!! watch out!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/status/947951121338982400

:lol:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
sounds to me like they're going to extend pace

edit: yep, through 2021

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
LOL, they really are gonna trot McCaskey and Phillips out there. They are going to Bears up this coach search.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
In Chicago, 14-34 buys you a contract extension.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So long, Caldwell.

https://twitter.com/gclions/status/946827118364778498

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Does that count as a "vote of confidence"?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
gase refusing to answer if vic is a candidate for HC

so no

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

So I just found out Blake Martinez has a Twitch channel and is streaming right now: https://www.twitch.tv/packernation50

Needs to upgrade his computer/internet, though...

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

holy poo poo

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

How are the Bears this dumb. Why can't Pace just say he makes the head coaching decision?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sataere posted:

How are the Bears this dumb. Why can't Pace just say he makes the head coaching decision?

he's been dodging any and all important questions for 15 minutes now. 'collaborative' for every answer. gently caress him and gently caress the mccaskeys

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

he's been dodging any and all important questions for 15 minutes now. 'collaborative' for every answer. gently caress him and gently caress the mccaskeys

To be fair, that's just football. They are all this dumb. It's just frustrating, because it's unnecessary.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

WHOOPS posted:

holy poo poo

Tell me about it.

Whomever the Lions hire needs to put a priority on fixing this run game, which is dead loving last in the NFL this year to the tune of 78 yards per week.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

186 posted:

I'm on the Jags bandwagon. If they fail, then go Not Patriots/Steelers/Vikings.

If it comes to Vikings vs AFC, then I think I need to pull for the Vikings in the hopes people start hating their fans after they become as insufferable as many Seahawks fans became.

We are going to be insufferable the minute it happens. Like all the defensiveness and insecurity of pats fans with the unfounded pride in the "state of football©" as Seahawks fans.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Because the Head Coach of the Bears is not about what they can do to make the team better. It's a glorified PR person in their mind. Ted Philips and whatever bufoon McCaskey is running things want control.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/bruce-arians-was-bothered-by-several-developments-in-2013-interview-with-bears/

quote:

For one, (Arians) was asked to do a mock news conference in the course of his interview. Apparently it wasn’t enough that he was the reigning coach of the year after taking over the Colts and had been doing news conferences all year.

The mock news conference was a variation on the actual news conferences that the Bears requested of Smith and runner-up Russ Grimm in 2004 after failing to come to terms with Nick Saban. The message is that perception matters as much as performance to the Bears.

They cared more about how he'd handle the media than how he'd coach the team.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm a Pace fan, but God drat this is a terrible press conference.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

BUG JUG posted:

We are going to be insufferable the minute it happens. Like all the defensiveness and insecurity of pats fans with the unfounded pride in the "state of football©" as Seahawks fans.

Yeah, sorry I’m rooting against the Vikings for this very reason. I know several insufferable fans in person who will be nothing but shitheads should the Vikings win it all.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sataere posted:

I'm a Pace fan, but God drat this is a terrible press conference.

But are you a fan of collaboration?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

fishing with the fam posted:

But are you a fan of collaboration?

I'm sure it was a collaborative effort to make that the worst press conference I've ever heard.

Bernstein is making me feel better that poo poo is actually happening.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

not surprised at the extension, ryan pace's bears career is literally true binsky, if he's good then pace is a genius, if he is every other bears quarterback then he's gone

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah, sorry I’m rooting against the Vikings for this very reason. I know several insufferable fans in person who will be nothing but shitheads should the Vikings win it all.

yeah this is how i feel about sports in general.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Ted out

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/947975204826943489

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
sweeeet let's do this poo poo packers

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess when it became clear that the team was utterly dire without Rodgers, the guy who put together the rest of the roster wasn't gonna be around much longer, huh.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

VJeff posted:

I guess when it became clear that the team was utterly dire without Rodgers, the guy who put together the rest of the roster wasn't gonna be around much longer, huh.

ye doesnt really surprise me

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I honestly did not expect this one single bit. I know there'd been calls for Ted to step down and go back to scouting (and I made these calls myself too!) but I never expected it to actually happen.

In related news, Wood thinks the Packers should go with Joe Whitt for DC:

https://twitter.com/CharlesWoodson/status/947521542019272704

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Think McCarthy gets bounced out?

Seems like they are cleaning house.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really don't like the idea of the Packers with competent management, that was the only thing keeping them in check.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/DickersonESPN/status/947973124888424448

Why does this dumb team hire a GM if they want their money man and trust fund kid to make all the decisions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shangri-Law School posted:

Firing Caldwell is the right move and it will completely blow up in our faces.

Thus always to the Lions.

• Locked thread