Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

kumba posted:

new kataklysm is very by the numbers but i found it enjoyable nonetheless

This quote could be from any time in the last 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah I officially can’t keep up with 2018 releases. Good hecking lord Satan I didn’t even know there was a new Pestilence album.
I still have too many from 2016 and 2017 I never got to listening to, amongst way too much else on my hard drive.. but randomly picked this 2018 album to listen to today, it's pretty cool - Malefic by Design - Definitive Indication of Supremacy https://morehate.bandcamp.com/album/definitive-indication-of-supremacy

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
New Power Trip and big surprise it's good as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQ5STBHgnM

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
power trip owns so much

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno if it really fits here but the new Zeal & Ardor is loving awesome and worth a spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjNYmxdkd1w

e: vv

Absolutely agreed. I couldn't get into the first one at all and was reluctant to try again but I figured what the hell and I'm glad I did

kumba fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 8, 2018

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I just gave it a spin earlier today too, it's a big improvement over the debut. I feel like there's a better balance and cohesion between the metal and non-metal parts. The debut was kinda haphazard.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the original 4 chan joke that led to it is an interesting premise, but too often it just sounds like the black keys covering dissection tunes

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the original 4 chan joke
What was that all about? I have no idea

quote:

it just sounds like the black keys covering dissection tunes

As true as that is I like it, hope there’s more

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

What was that all about? I have no idea

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oh duh thank you. A friend did play me a little of the earlier stuff I guess and the story was interesting but I never heard the rest. I support this gimmicky music.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

you can't get lamer than this folks

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > No Music Discussion > Metal Thread #19862016 - you can't get lamer than this folks

EDIT: Also here's some cool speed metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU4HhmXfbE4

Nordick fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 9, 2018

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Sometimes you get metal covers which are awesome. And then some of them are like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlDPWmwO7SU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

henpod posted:

Sometimes you get metal covers which are awesome. And then some of them are like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlDPWmwO7SU
This is just loving tragic.

This on the other hand, while not a cover, loving owns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8a3s-w2Z_Q

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I have this one group of friends whose communal pastime has been making fun of Harry Conklin since that one show back in 2002, and this has been our topic of discussion for the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZICL8pUyrg

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Any of you Pittsburgh metal goons gonna risk drowning to see the Slayer tour?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

kumba posted:

I dunno if it really fits here but the new Zeal & Ardor is loving awesome and worth a spin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjNYmxdkd1w

e: vv

Absolutely agreed. I couldn't get into the first one at all and was reluctant to try again but I figured what the hell and I'm glad I did

Yeah, I felt the same way after the first album. It was alright, but just didn't quite click (despite being a cool idea). I'm already on my second play through of the day for the new one though

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Drove 3 hours to upstate NY to see Skinless tonight, along with Outer Heaven, Ringworm, Churchburn, Axeslasher and a few others.. all bands were sick.. what sucked was the fact that no one there knew how to mosh. Just stupid karate swinging arms kicking bullshit the entire night. My buddy and I tried to start a real pit at one point and we both just got hit in the face and he got cut above his eye. I hate these loving ninja kids

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Varg posted:

Drove 3 hours to upstate NY to see Skinless tonight, along with Outer Heaven, Ringworm, Churchburn, Axeslasher and a few others.. all bands were sick.. what sucked was the fact that no one there knew how to mosh. Just stupid karate swinging arms kicking bullshit the entire night. My buddy and I tried to start a real pit at one point and we both just got hit in the face and he got cut above his eye. I hate these loving ninja kids

Ok dad.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Varg posted:

I actually left the Boston show early and missed Ringworm and Skinless because I was having a really lovely night, but I met Joe from Skinless and he seemed like a cool dude. Brighton Music Hall doesn't allow moshing, so everyone was just standing around headbanging in this tiny venue that was just begging for a real pit.

I guess I'll catch them next time around. Outer Heaven and Churchburn are pretty good. I like the blackened doom thing Churchburn had going on.

E: the ninja kids are a byproduct of hardcore kids getting more into metal, I think.

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 10, 2018

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
gently caress, these guys are playing here tonight and I can't go. But it is extremely good.

https://celestes.bandcamp.com/

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Varg posted:

Just run full speed into them

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Varg posted:

I hate these loving ninja kids

I'm a 34-year-old ninja "kid" who grew up spin-kicking and cartwheeling at new york hardcore shows. I saw Ingested last night and couldn't dance how I wanted because all your big fat drunk bros were stomping around in a circle like assholes. One insanely drunk dude was just falling all over everyone, but it didn't matter because that's what everyone else was doing too. Weakest horse poo poo I've ever seen. Learn some coordination.

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian

ShoogaSlim posted:

I'm a 34-year-old ninja "kid" who grew up spin-kicking and cartwheeling at new york hardcore shows. I saw Ingested last night and couldn't dance how I wanted because all your big fat drunk bros were stomping around in a circle like assholes. One insanely drunk dude was just falling all over everyone, but it didn't matter because that's what everyone else was doing too. Weakest horse poo poo I've ever seen. Learn some coordination.

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP loving POSTING

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Martial arts tough guys in the pit ruined nyhc back in like 1990. It was all dumb as hell ever since.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I thought the karate dancing thing was just a silly meme until I went to a show that had a hardcore band on the bill recently (the rest of the show was not hardcore) and during the hardcore set a huge group of teens appeared and started doing it. I was not only shocked people actually did that but shocked that none of them got their asses kicked. One flailing teen punched a guy in the face and he got wicked pissed but his girlfriend calmed him down before it turned violent.

I totally get moshing, it is not for me but I understand it and have tried it a few times, but the "hardcore dancing" is just the stupidest thing to me. Best case scenario you look like a fool and don't punch someone in the face and don't get your rear end kicked. Worst case scenario you look like a fool, get punched in the face or punch someone in the face, and get your rear end kicked.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

saviro posted:

Misread as "METALHEAD," still made complete sense.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

saviro posted:

lmao

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pit ninjutsu has been around long enough those doofuses are now (deadbeat) dads

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
speaking of has any wisenheimer ever busted out legit kata in a pit before

surely someone has by now thrown down with some shiho kusanku

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Personally I prefer to see Pit Aikido, love those throws

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That new-ish Napalm Death odds and sods is loving great, and I LOVE the Cardiacs cover

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I have no idea who the gently caress Hated are besides being Russian and Death-tinged but they put out my new AOTY.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

RESPECT THE PIT AND OTHERS!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This monster representing Grave - so good.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I loved all of the bewilderment to Andrew WK

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I am a pretty relaxed 40+ dude and rather talk my way out of conflicts but the first hardcore dancer kid hitting me in the face at a metal gig because of yes thats how we dance will get his face redecorated.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A human heart posted:

you can't get lamer than this folks

Yeah this is awful and embarrassing

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Surely we're no more than 2 or 3 years away from Metallica playing E3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

tote up a bags posted:

Surely we're no more than 2 or 3 years away from Metallica playing E3

E3 is probably "You killed Napster!!!" central, so Metallica will probably stick with just doing the anthem for Giants games.