Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
an ex-USN testbed bought by UAE crewed by aussies was hit and burned up (no one died, lol aussies aren't gonna risk their lives for a UAE boat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Chokes McGee posted:

sir this is Sigil, do you want to use this portal or not

ARE YOU A DABUS

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

jBrereton posted:

Here's a short primer for people who don't know about the war in Yemen, there's 2 (main) sides, both alike in indignity.

The Houthis who actually run the country and have done for 2 years, backed by Iran (they fuckin blow btw).

The Yemen Arab Republic's theoretical government which is basically just Aden, whose legitimate leader won 98.9% of the vote in an uncontested election, meaning he must be popular, supported by the Saudis/US (obviously blow also).

There's like al qaeda and stuff there too and I'm sure ISIS has a few guys but those 2 are the important ones (plus the civilians obviously).

important to note that US + Saudi forces have killed an enormous number of civilians in bombings and basically declared anyone inside the borders of Yemen a terrorist (except the Saudi puppet government obviously)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

That's because Bret Baier is a coffee-mustarding Mark Levin level hyperpartisan who for some reason gets to masquerade as one of Fox's most serious news guys

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Agrajag posted:

we at war with yemen now? the gently caress?

It's not Trump's fault, I'm sure the generals wanted to do it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

c'est le facsisme!

JFC, they accepted, too, which makes this a million times more disgusting. If the little revelation about Jeff Sessions' Russian connection hadn't come to light, they'd still be slobbing his knob for how "Presidential" he sounded.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Coolguye posted:

ARE YOU A DABUS

tides of naenaenera

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/837340478853025792

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CAROL posted:

if you think about it, america's not all it's cracked up to be..

whoa! HUGE if true

Mitchell keeping us suspended in the infinity mirror. The nothing mattering persists~

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

nopants posted:

Is Spicer gonna be the Easter bunny this year, and maybe do a press briefing as the Easter bunny?

I hope some reporter brings up his Easter bunny past to him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I may not be...a Michael Vick's....DAD!...but my....SON! is large AND! has killed a NUMBER! of......dogs.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

one (dumb) ship was pretty much totalled though
No doubt the Chinese have put it in the literature for future sales.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Chokes McGee posted:

sir this is Sigil, do you want to use this portal or not

The key to the portal was a long poorly thought out analogy. Behold, the way to Punditia lies open before us! Dare we enter that most pedantic of places?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Coolguye posted:

ARE YOU A DABUS

My name is Adahn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMV02AAfNs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jBrereton posted:

Some incredibly bad + old missiles have been shot at boats, nothing has been sunk.

I'm going to include the boat they completely burned out as a technical sinking

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Is the Torment game actually good or is it kind of bad like PoE but with even more purple praise + turns.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Mill Bitchell may be my dad thanks to the events of Nov 8th 2016 but I still hate his rear end

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

My name is Adahn.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'm going to include the boat they completely burned out as a technical sinking
Fine but I'm putting an asterisk on it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

tides of naenaenera

lol i just replayed the conversations involving dabus (dabuses?) in my head and realized that since they communicate in symbols and crap they're really just tossing up emojis over their heads

like you ask for directions and it just goes 👆👆👉✋☠️👏👌

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

No doubt the Chinese have put it in the literature for future sales.

modern conflicts are insane

Aussie built for USN catamaran
Used by USN for a bit
Bought by UAE
Staffed by aussies
used to transport stuff for proxy war in yemen
houtie rebels fire a 1980s era anti ship missile at it
houtous backed by iran
iran built the missile
missile is a chinese copy of a
1960s soviet anti ship missile

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

jBrereton posted:

Is the Torment game actually good or is it kind of bad like PoE but with even more purple praise + turns.

It's fun, just know going in that one class can read minds and it's a cool as hell power that makes the game better and the other classes can't.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Coolguye posted:

ARE YOU A DABUS

sir do I need to get my manager

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/WaysMeansCmte/status/837344564897857539

lmao

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

link on the side talking about MSNB making CNN eat ratings poo poo or something

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/322003-msnbc-president-ratings-on-rise-because-we-give-smartest-coverage-out-there

quote:

Across all of basic cable, the network is fourth in total primetime viewers, behind only Fox News, Nickelodeon and HGTV, its best ranking in the network's 20-year history.
Of all of MSNBC's ratings increases, the rise of Rachel Maddow's in primetime has been most notable, as the 43-year-old Oxford Rhodes Scholar has enjoyed her highest ratings since 2008 for her 9 p.m. ET program "The Rachel Maddow Show."

"Nobody works harder than Rachel," Griffin said. "Rachel is a student. She is just a different kind of communicator. She weeds a story every day in that first 20 minutes of the show that connects dots, pulls things together, pulls historical references that really is just an amazing piece of work.

"And you come out of it, smarter. It's as simple as that."

In terms of total audience, Maddow has dominated her timeslot when matched up with CNN, beating its cable news rival 45 consecutive months.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/JamesVGrimaldi/status/837349249901805570

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

dog twitter man appears to be suggesting the exact opposite of what he wrote in that article, given that he wrote out an exact timeline of sessions' perjury

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

dog twitter man appears to be suggesting the exact opposite of what he wrote in that article, given that he wrote out an exact timeline of sessions' perjury

considering at the bottom he says that he updated the article after getting the date of the confirmation hearing wrong I think he made a mistake

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

sir do I need to get my manager

🙅 🍔 🍟🍦👍

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Coolguye posted:

did you honestly think the president was elected...? no, the president is the puppet of the changing god, the ever-shifting entity that is constantly running. who's the changing god? that's...hard to say. an early pagan shaman that stumbled upon a galactic secret behind their ken? an alien consciousness on the run for millenia? who knows. the only people close enough to ask are the ones that are the meat shells infested by the entity in its ever shifting agendas and goals. nobody is entirely clear on what the god wants. every time we think we get close, and we can see where it's going...it changes its shell and goes the other way, undoing its own work and foiling its own schemes.

one thing we are certain of, though - whatever the god is running from, it's catching up. the god is becoming more desperate, more panicked, more unhinged. those of us who have lived a while look back at the days of franklin delano with a quiet, dark nostalgia. whether the god's new puppets are consumed by their obsessions, their cowardice, or their own egos, they're all utterly destroyed by their own doings now, in their own times.

in one way, it's made our jobs easier. there are no more urgent meetings in the middle of the night with some new scrap of information, no 11th hour raids into the sprawls to foil one of the god's designs. in that way, it's a relief.

but in reality, the stakes have never been higher. the changing god has been leading human development, in one way or another, for the entire history of our civilization. we've got paintings of the sterile, shredded realms of the god's failed plans from his abandoned lives, and stories of endless graveyards of heroes, their dusty and grimy headstones spewing mental impressions of their occupants' deaths. look at the orange baboon in the white house. the god is crumbling before our eyes. and there's no way out but down.

quotin this post i didnt read so i can settle in under a quilt w a hot toddy and work my way thru it during a snowstorm

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

lol i just replayed the conversations involving dabus (dabuses?) in my head and realized that since they communicate in symbols and crap they're really just tossing up emojis over their heads
You need int 16 to appreciate said memes, just like irl

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
My work poops have increased in length at least 5m since inauguration day

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

$50 says it's another stack of blank sheets of paper like the documents from that one Trump press conference that one time

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Relevant Tangent posted:

It's fun, just know going in that one class can read minds and it's a cool as hell power that makes the game better and the other classes can't.

i don't know if i'll ever bother playing a class other than nano

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

that sure is a good timeline demonstrating clear and obvious perjury by the current Attorney General

obviously, that is bad news for the dems

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/LisaMascaro/status/837348982854664197

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Coolguye posted:

🙅 🍔 🍟🍦👍

:golfclap:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

They don't want it to leak before they can disperse marching orders to Fox and Breitbart about what to talk about before the reveal.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Coolguye posted:

like you ask for directions and it just goes 👆👆👉✋☠️👏👌

what if emojis are really just detritus of another civilization and we've picked up on it unwittingly

a nam-shub if you will

babylonianthinkingface.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ex post facho posted:

My work poops have increased in length at least 5m since inauguration day

5 meters is way too long of a poop

I'd recommend seeing a doctor

• Locked thread