Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So much cooler than the Monster Garage one they did.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wonder what the resonant frequency of wind blowing into that bucket is. Probably super fun to be a passenger back there when it becomes audible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boxen posted:

, I remember watching Fatal1ty play.

That dude was the biggest cock ever. Tippman brought him to town for a Quake paintball tourney and he walked around acting like a movie star and the opposing team all cranked up their psi and laid into his arrogant rear end.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

antimatt posted:

You mean Renegades for Starsiege: Tribes, right?

You mean Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942, right?

I could actually fly, hover, and land the helicopters gently :smug:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Slim Pickens posted:

You mean Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942, right?

I could actually fly, hover, and land the helicopters gently :smug:

Desert Combat owned. I got good enough with the Apache that I could solo cap points by keeping the nose right on the flag and spinning around it to avoid getting shot. That mod was a blast.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Desert Combat was magnificent. Definitely in my top 5 mods.

I loved swatting flying machines with tank shells.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

REQUESTING PICK-UP (launches jeep into a ravine)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

So, unless I'm mistaken, the Dick Butt is a goon thing, right?
If so, then someone on Black Iron Racing's LeMons team is a goon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeK-CJdhBPM&t=468s

(7:48 if the link doesn't go to the right moment.)
Also, an E36 Camper Special LeMons racer with an LSx and a Super T10 is pretty rad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's more of a reddit thing, I think it originates at 4chan though.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

xzzy posted:

It's more of a reddit thing, I think it originates at 4chan though.

No it's totally a SA thing, the author is a goon and was an active BSS poster at the time

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well then I say we storm reddit and claim what's ours because I never see it in these parts.

Who's with me?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

xzzy posted:

Well then I say we storm reddit and claim what's ours because I never see it in these parts.

Who's with me?

Call up Tony Danza (or whatever his name was that started the Reddit jailbait wars)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

xzzy posted:

Who's with me?

Why would anyone want anything from Reddit?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Weren’t we at war with ebaum’s world back in the day?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

Something Awful has always been at war with Reddit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't Reddit started by a bunch of permabanned goons?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, specifically over ebaum's posting Photoshop Friday contributions without attribution.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Now we are all old and do nothing, or now I just keep to AI and a couple other small subforums and ignore the remainder of the world. Like an old person.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

You just don't spend any time in the PYF Meme thread ghetto, though Dickbutts have been thin on the ground as of late.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Wasn't Reddit started by a bunch of permabanned goons?

4chan?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
lol, yeah, moot was a goon

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I know 4chan was, I just thought Reddit also spun out of SA.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BlackMK4 posted:

lol, yeah, moot was a goon

I saw someone post on twitter a little while ago "basically in 2002, Anime was banned from the Something Awful forums, and then a whole bunch of related poo poo happened, and then in 2016, Trump was elected president".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Basically every terrible thing that has happened in this century traces back to our cyborg site owner.

And somehow he remains a free man. Missouri isn't technically a prison.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

xzzy posted:

Who's with me?

No. I was thinking about something a bit more permanent

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Gonna need more information.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Professor of Cats posted:

Call up Tony Danza (or whatever his name was that started the Reddit jailbait wars)

Username Glistening Hodor launched the Redditbomb campaign. Last time I checked he was banned.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Darchangel posted:

Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BijChf8ROJU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Darchangel posted:

Heh, look at this newbie who has forgotten about the forums invasions of sites like Fark and Stile Project :smug:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think one of my friends is broke-brained because on seeing this his first impression wasn't a laugh, a smile and then a "that's cool" it was a scowl and a "trikes are rubbish because you can't lean over on them like a real motorbike"

...s-shall I put him out of my misery? I mean he completely ignored the fact it has an obscenely huge engine along with two loving turbos and is made out of a loving truck. I genuinely worry about him, he loves cars but isn't 'AI'

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I think one of my friends is broke-brained because on seeing this his first impression wasn't a laugh, a smile and then a "that's cool" it was a scowl and a "trikes are rubbish because you can't lean over on them like a real motorbike"

My girlfriend said the same, exact thing. She has some unkind words about scooters, too ("toilet bowls with wheels" - see, because you ride them sitting down)

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...s-shall I put him out of my misery?

Do you like this friend?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
There was a small forum war with a bunch of Doll fuckers too.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The difference is that scooters suck and aren't awesome at all

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...s-shall I put him out of my misery? I mean he completely ignored the fact it has an obscenely huge engine along with two loving turbos and is made out of a loving truck. I genuinely worry about him, he loves cars but isn't 'AI'

Its a v8 twin turbo diesel trike made out of a truck and more stainless steel than a hotel kitchen.

Do it. No ragrets.

'Loves cars' my rear end.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Something Awful has always been at war with Reddit.

I know. I meant in addition to.

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, specifically over ebaum's posting Photoshop Friday contributions without attribution.

Yeah, that's what I was remembering.

BlackMK4 posted:

Now we are all old and do nothing, or now I just keep to AI and a couple other small subforums and ignore the remainder of the world. Like an old person.

Not empty quoting.

You Am I posted:

Heh, look at this newbie who has forgotten about the forums invasions of sites like Fark and Stile Project :smug:

Guilty. I've only been here like 10 years.

edit: just over 9.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Taking any vehicle to 100% of its capability is awesome. Scooters are awesome because you get to do that every day. Pit bikes are awesome because they're feats of cheap mechanical design. ACVWs are awesome because they shouldn't have worked but they made 30 million of them and many are still on the road today. Don't hate.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

The Ultimate Showdown one is the one I saw before I joined.
Like probably a lot of you, I have a friend who is a goon. He even pointed me at AI directly. Any of my shitposting is his fault, therefore.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Otherwise known as the James May Theorem: A slow car driven at 110% is more fun than a fast car driven at 20%.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
This is a dead gay forum that literally no one else cares about.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Trikes are rubbish. It takes something special to turn them into being awesome, which this clearly is.

mobby_6kl posted:

They make sense when you see them in Rome, and they're ridden by the stereotypical beautiful people, rather than a bunch of spotty teenagers or middle-aged men in parkas trying to convince themselves they're Sting.

That and the opening to Taxi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVeZYCjnkSc