Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:
"Britannia contemplates a bleak future – Ghosts past and present haunt the Commons vote on Theresa May’s Brexit deal"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Brexit: Amber Rudd says Plan B options plausible

Sunday Times:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a PM in search of missing parliamentary votes – Theresa May looks set for disaster on Tuesday when MPs vote on her EU withdrawal agreement"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Jamie Reid.

Times:

Evening Standard:

Video: Boris Johnson gets new haircut and doesn't rule out running for PM

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I have high hopes for the cartoons tomorrow

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Brexit vote in the Commons – Theresa May announces the government is postponing putting her EU exit deal before MPs"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Brexit ruling: UK can cancel decision, EU court says

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... Theresa May's Brexit battles

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the German chancellor's refusal to reopen the Brexit deal – The prime minister was rebuffed by Angela Merkel at a meeting in Berlin about the backstop" After Millais.

Telegraph:

Crossrail delayed indefinitely as bosses warn it could require £1.7bn injection

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Theresa May gets locked inside her car as she arrives to meet Angela Merkel - video

Evening Standard:

Brexit in chaos as Tory MPs trigger vote of no confidence in Theresa May Ron_Paul_Its_Happening.gif

Mail:
MAC on... the perils of drug taking

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 12, 2018

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

gently caress off, Mac.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tories' leadership woes – The Conservatives are undecided about who would be the best person to take charge of Brexit"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Mary Poppins Returns review – a spoonful of state-of-the-art genetically modified sweetener

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... the failed Tory coup

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What a bizarre serration.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May's Brexit plea to EU leaders – Theresa May has embarked on yet another dash to Brussels in the hope of securing assurances about the terms of the Irish backstop"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... sex advice for the over 70s

Guardian Australian Sport:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac doesn't gently caress (off enough).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Everyone's dunking on May, except Mac, who is still just in his own little world.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Theresa May's hard sell – Donald Tusk has accused MPs of showing a lack of respect for the British prime minister as the EU turned its fire on the Commons over its failure to back the Brexit deal"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Salomon van Ruysdael.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Jesus shes wearing a desert camo suit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Brexit: the darkest hour – The spectre of recession looms behind a no-deal Brexit"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent on Sunday:

Ignore the siren voices calling us to the rocks of No Deal, writes AMBER RUDD, Work and Pensions Secretary

Sunday Times:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I hope nobody in the second panel is wanting to move any time soon, trying to work out what that looks like in 3D they've got their protest signs fairly tangled up

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May and her enemies in the Tory party – The prime minister has seen off her opponents for now but Christmas may offer her little respite"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Blair claims May’s deal not in national interest amid public Brexit spat

Times:

Evening Standard:

MPs could resolve Brexit deadlock with non-binding free votes, says senior Tory

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
As we come to the end of the year, may I just once again state my appreciation for the hard work Cloud Potato has put in maintaining this thread. Most of the cartoons are hot garbage, but getting to click in now and again and see them all at once makes it worthwhile because it's grand to see how the hacks are all overlapping each other with their tepid takes. It's only the aggregation of this content that makes it even remotely interesting. So thank YOU goonsir for your tireless work sifting through the garbage so we don't have to.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

*posh appreciative mooing noise*

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Parkingtigers posted:

As we come to the end of the year, may I just once again state my appreciation for the hard work Cloud Potato has put in maintaining this thread. Most of the cartoons are hot garbage, but getting to click in now and again and see them all at once makes it worthwhile because it's grand to see how the hacks are all overlapping each other with their tepid takes. It's only the aggregation of this content that makes it even remotely interesting. So thank YOU goonsir for your tireless work sifting through the garbage so we don't have to.

Aww, thank you for the kind words.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the political circus of Brexit – Theresa May has said the MPs’ meaningful vote on her deal to leave the EU will take place in January"

Matt:

No-deal Brexit plans put 3,500 troops on standby

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Morten Morland's Animated Cartoons' Christmas Special!

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... the Messiah

David Squires:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Aww, thank you for the kind words.
You bring us all together. Without you we'd all be hating Mac much less efficiently. :v:

Edit: having said that, I don't hate today's Mac - it's a christmas miracle or something.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

Echoing this! Thank you Cloud Potato and gently caress off, mac

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and the ticking Brexit clock – The government says it is preparing ‘for every eventuality, including a no-deal situation’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Jeremy Corbyn to MPs: I did not call Theresa May a 'stupid woman'

Independent:

Times:

Jeremy Corbyn demands vote of no confidence in Theresa May

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... a merry Markle Christmas

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Adams really is the worst. It's just 'labour bad' every day regardless of what is going on in the news.

PS thanks Cloud Potato.

PPS are we going to have a new thread title for 2019?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

It can be "Mac has finally hosed off"

Echoing all above, thanks Cloud Potato. I lurk majorly in this subforum, but this thread has always been bookmarked. The collated cartoons are greater than the sum of their parts.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Holy poo poo, Christmas is real after all

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Merry Christmas everyone.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

mitochondritom posted:

It can be "Mac has finally hosed off"

Echoing all above, thanks Cloud Potato. I lurk majorly in this subforum, but this thread has always been bookmarked. The collated cartoons are greater than the sum of their parts.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hell yes

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
:toot: Merry Christmas indeed.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

The job interview for the new Mail cartoonist will be 1) draw a crude racist stereotype, 2) draw a large-breasted older woman with a boa sexually humiliating a timid old man who looks like Charles Hawtrey

also lol at the shoes

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Fittingly, the closing tribute is from Richard Littlejohn who, like Mac, should gently caress off.

(Let's enjoy the moment, but I worry in 2019 we'll miss the daft old racist's cartoons.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Don't celebrate yet, there's still time for 2018 to destroy the planet before we get to enjoy this

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
This is the best Birthday/Christmas all in one present I could have asked for.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the PM and Jeremy Corbyn's mutterings – Parliament descends into chaos as Tory MPs accuse Labour leader of calling Theresa May a ‘stupid woman’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Tens of thousands of passengers stranded by Gatwick airport drones

Independent:

Javid rows back on plans for £30,000 immigrant salary threshold

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... The Special One

Bonus! :yayclod: Fifty GLORIOUS years of Mac: As he finally hangs up his pen, a joyous celebration of the Daily Mail legend whose warmth and wit made him Britain’s greatest cartoonist... and here is a selection of his best - along with his riotous own recollections :peanut:

And all it took was a couple of hundred "gently caress off, Mac"s in the thread. Not sure who they'd get to replace him; poach Brookes from the Times? Would Bob take the Mail's shilling? A chance for Paul Thomas to get back in the game?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Replacing him with Thomas would be proper.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

The Tories being unable to get any of those things done makes the Drone the hero of this cartoon.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Three things that Corbyn didn't do? AGC

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! :yayclod: Fifty GLORIOUS years of Mac: As he finally hangs up his pen, a joyous celebration of the Daily Mail legend whose warmth and wit made him Britain’s greatest cartoonist... and here is a selection of his best - along with his riotous own recollections :peanut:

And all it took was a couple of hundred "gently caress off, Mac"s in the thread. Not sure who they'd get to replace him; poach Brookes from the Times? Would Bob take the Mail's shilling? A chance for Paul Thomas to get back in the game?
We need a British Ben Garrison like we need a kick in the dick, but he's perfect gently caress Off Mac/AGC fodder.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Why does he have a ruler in his pocket?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's just pleased to see you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on tackling the homelessness crisis – Nearly 600 homeless people died on the streets or in temporary accommodation in England and Wales in 2017, up 24% in five years"

Telegraph:

Gatwick reopens after latest drone sighting causes more disruption

Matt:

Independent:

Andrea Leadsom and Amber Rudd suggest rival Brexit 'Plan Bs'

Times:

Evening Standard:

Guardian Australian Sport: