Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Apparently my wasted self was able to make it home and complete my dailies yesterday, it's a New Year's miracle!

Anyway, good calendar for the month. Kinda want this lovely banner to fade away tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Pretty underwhelming new year for the game. And in top of that I haven't pulled a daily since this banner came out - I have always pulled my daily just because it is fun ever since starting to play back during the Brave Frontier banner but I have no desire to now, or even to play since my team is maxed out. Sure I need weapons and items still and have story to finish but something about having a poo poo banner makes me just want to not do anything, and the lack of regard for their customers regarding new year sucks too.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Yeah, the holiday stuff has been pretty terrible. It's funny to think that we got a better deal for black friday than Christmas or New Year's with the lapis discount. This has definitely been a low effort celebration. 5 tickets, woo. 2 tickets and some other junk for 300 lapis, woo. That puts me at...106 tickets now.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Shmtur posted:

Yeah, the holiday stuff has been pretty terrible. It's funny to think that we got a better deal for black friday than Christmas or New Year's with the lapis discount. This has definitely been a low effort celebration. 5 tickets, woo. 2 tickets and some other junk for 300 lapis, woo. That puts me at...106 tickets now.

Yeah it's mind boggling how they would let this opportunity pass and not leach peoples wallets with good deals. I mean just look at the grossing stats on Black Friday. If they did two really good Christmas + New Years deals they could've doubled that easy. Really don't understand why they wouldn't. Maybe the evil plan is to deplete everyone of you before the Orlandu banner hits (it cant be far out now) and then put up a "decent" deal that's like yeah it's okay, oh and also repeatable to buy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I have to say, as a F2P dude it took me a bit to understand why you were complaining about New Year stuff. I was just going "eh, free Gigantuars and 5 pulls are fine with me".

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what happened to the $24 xmas bundle? it disappeared on my side but i never bought it. $48 is still there though

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
There never seems to be any news on weekends, so maybe Gumi just doesn't work on them. Monday morning like clockwork, news items about new things show back up if we were expecting some, but if it's Saturday or Sunday I haven't been expecting any new information about things for months.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Of course. The one place I didn't look. Thank you!

Looks like I'll be sticking with Lenna.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No joke here but the next global exclusive base 5* unit is going to be ariana grande

https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/815691898232848384

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 2, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No joke here but the next global exclusive base 5* unit is going to be ariana grande

what

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

:what:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What the absolute hell?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvV7qMFAC7/?taken-by=arianagrande

It's a ...goth bunny valkyrie?

I know there were ideas thrown around of having western SE properties thrown in from Eidos games, but still... what?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I hope this is a Japan Exclusive, and we never get this.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I dunno about you guys but I'd pull for Ariana Grande.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

What the absolute hell?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvV7qMFAC7/?taken-by=arianagrande

It's a ...goth bunny valkyrie?

I know there were ideas thrown around of having western SE properties thrown in from Eidos games, but still... what?

Not a fan of the full face mask but

Dias posted:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for the next Global exclusive character, Piers Morgan.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Dias posted:

What you don't already? :heysexy:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Dias posted:

I mean, it's so bizarre that I just have to do it. I guess it's no worse than BF getting all those vocaloids.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So what will be her weapons? Will we finally have to grind out the dream harp?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ariana grande will be my first 5* ba(s)e

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So I finally caved to goon pressure and I've set up Nox and started macroing. (Should I be using Memu instead?)

If I minimize NOX, can I play other games while it chugs away? I have a brand new PC with all the bells and whistles, so that shouldn't be a problem. But I don't want to come back and find that Nox merged my Lightning and Luneth into my Bedile.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Ariana Grande is pretty cool and that unit has cool style. I hope it's got global cause I want Ariana Grande on my team.

I mean since we're never getting Chrono Trigger stuff this is like the closest we'll get.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
I was instantly not happy about that and thinking that they clearly don't know what their players want. Then I googled it and there are main stream news articles about the game giving it massive exposure and the replies were all gushing over her and how bad they want to get her in the game so I guess I am just lame and old for wanting something cool from a video game rather than a flavor of the month pop star who will be forgotten in a couple years.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I have no idea who she is, but the sprite work for her character is pretty spiffy, so whatever, I'll pull if she's decent!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Ariana Grande is pretty cool and that unit has cool style. I hope it's got global cause I want Ariana Grande on my team.

I mean since we're never getting Chrono Trigger stuff this is like the closest we'll get.

... I'd rather have GWAR.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

insideoutside posted:

I was instantly not happy about that and thinking that they clearly don't know what their players want. Then I googled it and there are main stream news articles about the game giving it massive exposure and the replies were all gushing over her and how bad they want to get her in the game so I guess I am just lame and old for wanting something cool from a video game rather than a flavor of the month pop star who will be forgotten in a couple years.

This is the equivalent of Shaq working Wrestlemania this year. He's a big name celebrity, who will draw a lot of outside interest to the product but doesn't mean much to the hardcore fans as there are other people we'd like to see in that position from within the industry.

That said, she'll have to be a base 5 and has to be good as well. So bring on the female version of Noctis.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Cartoon Man posted:

So I finally caved to goon pressure and I've set up Nox and started macroing. (Should I be using Memu instead?)

If I minimize NOX, can I play other games while it chugs away? I have a brand new PC with all the bells and whistles, so that shouldn't be a problem. But I don't want to come back and find that Nox merged my Lightning and Luneth into my Bedile.

I kept using nox cause I had less issues with crashing than memu. You can minimize it once it's going or just toss it in the background.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
who or what is Ariana Grande

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

insideoutside posted:

It seems kind of dumb, but according to reddit people are saying she's actually a fan of the game and was the one who approached them with the proposal rather than them just deciding to do it for popularity :shrug: so who knows, I sure don't.

I've gone back to TM farming now that I'm done kicking frosty's rear end. :shepface: if only I had a dual wield or three.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I would pay money to see her spending $100s trying to roll her own character off a banner.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

PaybackJack posted:

I would pay money to see her spending $100s trying to roll her own character off a banner.

I mean, if she plays regularly, she can afford to be the hugest of huge whales as a millionaire pop star.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mischalaniouse posted:

I mean, if she plays regularly, she can afford to be the hugest of huge whales as a millionaire pop star.

She can obviously afford it. I'm more thinking how amusing it would be for her followers watching her spend a dozen rolls until she gets her own character in the game. Then the series of complaints as her followers sign up and try to roll her character, also paying hundreds in the process. God willing it would shine a giant spotlight on the worst aspect of the game and *maybe* force Gumi to implement that base change quicker.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

She can obviously afford it. I'm more thinking how amusing it would be for her followers watching her spend a dozen rolls until she gets her own character in the game. Then the series of complaints as her followers sign up and try to roll her character, also paying hundreds in the process. God willing it would shine a giant spotlight on the worst aspect of the game and *maybe* force Gumi to implement that base change quicker.

A silver lining.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is so hosed up on so many levels I dont even

Kheldarn posted:

I hope this is a Japan Exclusive, and we never get this.

Oh we will get her.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Wake up, she's not playing the game. This is a PR stunt you nerd.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

You seem unreasonably angry about this.

I mean, I'm never going to pull a base 5* anyway so being completely apathetic about the whole situation is probably a plus.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Shoenin posted:

who or what is Ariana Grande

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm gonna pull so hard when her banner hits

i've got one less problem without noctis

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
If you really want her, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got ta pull the banner harder.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Skyridge posted:

You seem unreasonably angry about this.

I mean, I'm never going to pull a base 5* anyway so being completely apathetic about the whole situation is probably a plus.

It's more alarming that you aren't bro, trust me. Sure next up we will do a Disney coop and implement Mickey, Minnie and the gang. After that we get a Pokemon coop exclusive first world 7* Pikachu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vax posted:

It's more alarming that you aren't bro, trust me. Sure next up we will do a Disney coop and implement Mickey, Minnie and the gang. After that we get a Pokemon coop exclusive first world 7* Pikachu.

Joke's on you, Square-Enix is already bleeding its Disney fanbase dry.

• Locked thread