Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

My students are generally pretty cool, but classes I can leave to their own devices are definitely the exception, not the rule.

poultry slam
Jan 3, 2019

oliwan posted:

german kids are by far the least responsible and independent students i have taught. in the netherlands i could easily leave a grade 7 alone in a classroom, they would just work and do their thing. same goes for international classes. however, german kids in general will do gently caress all when not under supervision

almost like the school system here is about making people efficient members of the workforce who have no clue what to do if they aren't given precise orders, and not about teaching them the skills to learn on their own and take responsibility for themselves.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

poultry slam posted:

almost like the school system here is about making people efficient members of the workforce who have no clue what to do if they aren't given precise orders, and not about teaching them the skills to learn on their own and take responsibility for themselves.

Thanks Bismarck!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

poultry slam posted:

wait, isn't oliwan the man keeping the Gedanken in Ketten in this scenario?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

wait, isn't oliwan the man keeping the Gedanken in Ketten in this scenario?

He is.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Tbf it’s what us teachers do

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

poultry slam posted:

Hmm, it's been more than two decades since I left school, so my memory may have it's rose-tinted glasses on, but I remember doing group assignments/projects, looking up stuff in the library and in general working unsupervised in the class, without it descending into chaos the moment the teacher left the room.
"Frontalunterricht" was explicitly frowned upon, even in elementary.

On the other hand, and here the tint of my glasses may go in a more brownish direction, I have yet to meet a Kreppel of school-age that wasn't an arrogant, antagonistic rear end in a top hat, so I guess it's more the city and less the ethnicity that is the issue.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Apropos of the topic, look what I stumbled upon today in the comments of a Zeit article where a fresh Quereinsteiger teacher detailed her first day teaching:

:bahgawd:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Wait, is it going to be a rollback or a turnaround?

Also a generation time in germany is now 50 years, presumably because gut Ding will Weile haben.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Seriously now, I do a lot of selbstorganisiertes Lernen with my students, it usually works fine. But I’m also a big fan of Frontalunterricht und Klassengespräche.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

As a millennial, I would love to have a Substanz, von der ich leben kann

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love teaching but that is because I'm very good at it, it comes naturally and kids and management like me so I can do whatever the gently caress I want.

If you are socially awkward and try to force yourself to be a teacher then lol, it's going to be the worst job imaginable. These are the people who then end up in educational jobs that are not teaching who then start telling other people how they should teach.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Lmao at people using vorprogrammiert unironically

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

goethe42 posted:

Hmm, it's been more than two decades since I left school, so my memory may have it's rose-tinted glasses on, but I remember doing group assignments/projects, looking up stuff in the library and in general working unsupervised in the class, without it descending into chaos the moment the teacher left the room.
"Frontalunterricht" was explicitly frowned upon, even in elementary.

On the other hand, and here the tint of my glasses may go in a more brownish direction, I have yet to meet a Kreppel of school-age that wasn't an arrogant, antagonistic rear end in a top hat, so I guess it's more the city and less the ethnicity that is the issue.

It's no secret that we have complete garbage joke schools that barely teach you how to read& cook and some basic arithmetics and then throw you out on your rear end at 16y and that we also have fantastic world-class schools that product excellent independent students ready for university and everything in between. There is really no single German school system.

I mean, for PISA and stuff we average over Hautschule, Gesamtschule& Gymnasium and proudly pretend that we are lower Mittelfeld in international comparisons but it's really not a representative average.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Die FAZ legt in 2019 auch direkt wieder schön braun los:

https://twitter.com/PBahners/status/1081831979799269377

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

"Verantwortlich für Geisteswissenschaften, Kulturkorrespondent in Köln."

Geil, den Typen könnt ich boxen falls er mir über den Weg läuft

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Mithaldu posted:

I neeeeeeed to know which one is the black one!!! I don't give a flying gently caress that I have no idea which of the white ones is which, but the black one is importaaaant. My immersion!

I think I mentioned in this thread before that I was the blackfaced kid in the Sternsängers once. Can I somehow call that idiot and explain things to him?

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
A coworkers relative does missionary work in Africa. She told me that they paint three of the little kids white.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

hope them blacks will eventually just realize nobody meant it racistly u know

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I fully trust missionaries to be the arbiter of what is and what is not acceptable behaviour towards non-Europeans.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Perestroika posted:

Apropos of the topic, look what I stumbled upon today in the comments of a Zeit article where a fresh Quereinsteiger teacher detailed her first day teaching:

:bahgawd:

Athens, Greece, 303 BCE, recoloured.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

So, the dreaded super hacker turned out to be a 20yo script kiddie from Hesse.

Waaaait a moment. Hesse... computer toucher... millennial... pidan?? :thunk:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://www.tagesschau.de/eilmeldung/datendiebstahl-lka-101.html

quote:

Er ist nach Angaben von Oberstaatsanwalt Georg Ungefuk ein 20-jähriger Schüler deutscher Staatsbürgerschaft, der noch bei den Eltern lebt.

quote:

Oberstaatsanwalt Georg Ungefuk
That poor, poor man.

Sounds like something a bad american screenwriter would make up after googling German for 2 seconds

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Anime or Wehraboo?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Anime and Wehraboo?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Sereri posted:

https://www.tagesschau.de/eilmeldung/datendiebstahl-lka-101.html

That poor, poor man.

Sounds like something a bad american screenwriter would make up after googling German for 2 seconds

All he wanted was to stop being ungefukable.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I read something about a Nazi AfD Schwein getting beat up? Very nice!

Any centrist hot takes already that it's an attack on democracy?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

oliwan posted:

I read something about a Nazi AfD Schwein getting beat up? Very nice!

Any centrist hot takes already that it's an attack on democracy?

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/politik-gewalt-afd-1.4278876

Since I'm not sure how to react to this post in particular as well as your posts in general, I'm gonna stick with saying that you are a weird person.
Also here's a butt: :butt:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

System Metternich posted:

So, the dreaded super hacker turned out to be a 20yo script kiddie from Hesse.

Waaaait a moment. Hesse... computer toucher... millennial... pidan?? :thunk:

Notorious computer person Cingulate was also last seen in Hesse and the date of disapearance fits with him going underground to prepare a large scale cyberattack. :thunk:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Notorious computer person Cingulate was also last seen in Hesse and the date of disapearance fits with him going underground to prepare a large scale cyberattack. :thunk:

Cingulate is a habilitierter Professor, I don't think he is 20y old.

Cingulate, did you doxx Merkel's fax? I know you are reading this, get your rear end in back into this thread

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cingulate is a habilitierter Professor, I don't think he is 20y old.

Cingulate, did you doxx Merkel's fax? I know you are reading this, get your rear end in back into this thread

He's probably too busy with setting up the alternative to Patreon.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Nazis raus!

edit nich für dich randler

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

So far my theory is still in the running.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://www.presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/35235/4160886

quote:

Nach dem Angriff auf einen Bundestagsabgeordneten der AfD, siehe hierzu auch die PM 19 und 20, konnten Staatsanwaltschaft und Polizei erste Ermittlungsergebnisse erzielen.

Nach ersten Vernehmungen und der Sicherung und Auswertung von Videomaterial ermitteln die Behörden nunmehr wegen des Verdachts einer gefährlichen Körperverletzung. Gesicherte Aufnahmen zeigen zwei Personen, die sich dem 66-Jährigen von hinten näherten, eine dritte lief versetzt dahinter. Einer der Unbekannten schlug den Bremer von hinten nieder, woraufhin der Mann stürzte. Der Abgeordnete erlitt eine stark blutende Kopfverletzung. Anschließend flüchtete das Trio vom Ort des Geschehens. Auf dem bisher gesicherten Videomaterial kann der Einsatz eines Schlaggegenstandes nicht festgestellt werden.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

on one hand violence is bad

on the other hand it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Agreed. x 2

Also, for a little bit more context: Reports went around of the 3 having beaten him up with a Kantholz and having kicked him, etc. with the AfD yelling a lot about the Kantholz. They yelled by way of posting a photo of him being hurt and bleeding and such. But uh, not only does the video not show a weapon. It shows him being attacked from behind, and the photo shows only a wound on his forehead, so that wound can't have been from any possible weapon, but from the impact with the ground. And of course the video also shows them running away instead of kicking him.

So the Bremen police putting that there out is very much "shut the gently caress up with your alternative facts".

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Also high Schadenfreude:
https://twitter.com/tagesschau/status/1082738435549511680

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

suck my woke dick posted:

on one hand violence is bad

on the other hand it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy

Violence is actually good vs Nazis, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
how on earth are you supposed to know ahead of time whether you need to change trains or stay on the same train when going intercity? Obviously if you get to the departure station and it says your target destination on the train info then you're fine, but the tickets are ambiguous. Tickets for trains that don't require a transfer will also often specify different train codes and platforms

Is there a trick or some way of knowing from ticket data alone?