Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol at you mother fuckers who stayed up

I was awake anyways. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wait did people actually think he had something? I admit shilling his book was unexpected but I assumed it was some nothing like Hillary said that she would be a better president than Sanders or that she made a lot of money one year.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought it was later this morning, so glad I missed it

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/783285289276076032

Well if you put it like that...

Interesting that Bill's in OH, looks like they're not giving up on that one yet either; though why's Bernie in MN?

Also :lol: at Donald in the noted battleground state of Arizona.

He keeps coming back here because he keeps getting big friendly crowds of old racists from Sun City, Scottsdale and Fountain Hills. Of course he also keeps getting nicely sized Hispanic protest groups, so I dunno.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fangz posted:

The other allegation against Assange is that in the morning he initiated sex with the victim while she was asleep.

Anyway the UK extradition courts had looked at this stuff and said yup, the allegations are definitely rape under UK law.

Even if the charges were dropped I don't think the U.K. would be very quick to forget that he generally made a mockery of their judicial system by jumping bail and sneaking into the Ecuadorian embassy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I will admit to waking up briefly at 5AM and going "PRESS CONFERENCE", checking my phone, laughing, and going back to sleep tho

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

He keeps coming back here because he keeps getting big friendly crowds of old racists from Sun City, Scottsdale and Fountain Hills. Of course he also keeps getting nicely sized Hispanic protest groups, so I dunno.

He's trying to drive turnout for Sheriff Joe so that he can finally find that birth certificate.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

vyelkin posted:

He's trying to drive turnout for Sheriff Joe so that he can finally find that birth certificate.

Instead of Julian Assange, maybe Abuela should just drone strike Joe Arpaio...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Clinton hits 90% on PEC, hail satan. :getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

sean10mm posted:

Clinton hits 90% on PEC, hail satan. :getin:

Also dat Senate probability. :getin:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radish posted:

Wait did people actually think he had something? I admit shilling his book was unexpected but I assumed it was some nothing like Hillary said that she would be a better president than Sanders or that she made a lot of money one year.

i thought it'd be a nothing that people would latch onto anyway.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I heard Assange's quote about not hating Hillary Clinton or wanting to harm her on NPR this morning.

Is he legitimately terrified of getting droned (because naturally he believes he's important enough to be a real, and not a joke, target), or is he just trolling everyone at this point?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Radish posted:

At this point I didn't want to jinx it and risk it being something huge

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

lozzle posted:

Instead of Julian Assange, maybe Abuela should just drone strike Joe Arpaio...

There's a (small) chance he may finally lose the election, due in part to people getting tired of his lawsuits costing the county so much money.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

At this point I didn't want to jinx it and risk it being something huge

Fair point but I think that the people saying if he had anything big he'd dump it without this ridiculous build up. When the NYT put out the taxes they just threw them out there instead of teasing people for days.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Harrow posted:

I heard Assange's quote about not hating Hillary Clinton or wanting to harm her on NPR this morning.

Is he legitimately terrified of getting droned (because naturally he believes he's important enough to be a real, and not a joke, target), or is he just trolling everyone at this point?
He's really overinflated his self-importance. Wikileaks hasn't done anything worthwhile in years when it comes to big leaks because no one trusts them. Stunts like this one and cozying up with Russia are only going to compound that problem

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm sure this was posted already but I'm laughing too hard to check the past 20 pages so

https://twitter.com/nick_ramsey/status/783237969285091328

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yeah, this really highlights how strong a bench the Dems have when it comes to effective high-profile surrogates.

And that's not even including the two most high-profile surrogates of all (Biden and POTUS).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Harrow posted:

Assange is weirdo lacking in empathy who thinks he's the most important person in the world. This leads to his delusion that everyone cares a huge amount about him and that he's a big player in global politics.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Trump won't tell us how he is going to defeat ISIS, because he doesn't want to reveal his plans to the enemy.

Trump also won't release his taxes...

Trump's secret plan to defeat ISIS is hidden in his tax returns. Would General Douglas MacArthur release his taxes in that case? No!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sharkbomb posted:

Trump won't tell us how he is going to defeat ISIS, because he doesn't want to reveal his plans to the enemy.

Trump's secret plan to defeat ISIS is hidden in his tax returns. Would General Douglas MacArthur release his taxes in that case? No!
maybe his plan to defeat isis is to plant a sleeper agent in their budget department that loses them 900 million dollars in a year

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Endorph posted:

maybe his plan to defeat isis is to plant a sleeper agent in their budget department that loses them 900 million dollars in a year

Haven't we already been doing that by actually just blowing up the warehouses where they keep their cash?

A strategy Trump could never order; he'd never have the balls to blow up all that sweet money.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Night10194 posted:

Haven't we already been doing that by actually just blowing up the warehouses where they keep their cash?

Didn't they start minting gold doubloons?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

sharkbomb posted:

...So, is he funding ISIS and his plan is to just pull the plug, letting them wither on the vine?

I mean, it makes sense. He's so concerned about keeping ISIS from getting Oil Money because that would remove them from being under his thumb.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So now Julian Assange is telling everyone he still has an October Surprise he just didn't want to release it today, but it is totally coming guys

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Endorph posted:

i thought it'd be a nothing that people would latch onto anyway.

Yeah I thought it'd be some more e-mails they already released/doxxing more DNC donors. Not literally just "BUY MY BOOK!"

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I hope he dumps it November 9th

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So now Julian Assange is telling everyone he still has an October Surprise he just didn't want to release it today, but it is totally coming guys

"I just didn't want to release it at the moment I hyped up where my chosen candidate is getting his clock cleaned and really needs something, anything to distract from his idiocy. It just takes some time to bring my girlfriend over from Canada, she's got the second part of the secret code! I swear!"

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Night10194 posted:

A strategy Trump could never order; he'd never have the balls to blow up all that sweet money.

Yep, if I wasn't on my phone with a lovely data connection I'd dig up the video where you can see the money fluttering away after the bomb hit.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A reminder that Trump believes Iraq should've been so thoroughly pillaged of everything of value that there'd be no way for ISIS to fund itself.

A reminder he thinks that would even be POSSIBLE.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

On Terra Firma posted:

"We are very proud of our drop-box."

They didn't do a loving thing. They were handed documents from various sources and they put them on the internet. They did nothing. Absolutely nothing. No repercussions at all.

edit: they are just sitting there and talking about how many documents they've released. This is what they were banking on? loving seriously>

Actually wikileaks has done an excellent job... of leaking their sources. I remember there was some fat intern or someone who sold the FBI the source of any leaks they wanted. FBI didn't even try contacting the guy, he came to them.

Edit: guy was Thordarson

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 4, 2016

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Maybe Trump stayed up all night waiting for the announcement and had his hopes and dreams crushed, and we will get a particularly crazy rally today that goes off the rails?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Does anyone know if/when Michelle will be in MI? I'd love to see her but I need a couple days notice to call off work.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Pull the other leg, it has bells on it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope the vp debate goes well today.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Virginia, while doing well in the big circus, is still fighting off the right-to-work constitutional amendment. Back in January, Yes on Question 1 was up 20 points; as of now, it's a dead heat. State labor Feds are doing it themselves; the AFL is mostly focused on Ohio (lol, sigh) and Florida.

The more people hear about the amendment (yes, we're already RTW, so why alter the constitution?), the less they like it. Liberals are afraid a knock-on effect could lead one bad judge could declare unions unconstitutional as a result; conservatives aren't very happy about using the constitution as a political football. VA conservatives are literalists, which comes to really interesting moments like Dave Brat, Anti Fast Track Anti TPP Warrior. So Howell's bullshit isn't flying. Especially since they gave their game away with the constitutional amendment to remove the governor's voter restoration rights.

Virginia is a funky old state these days. Move to Virginia.

Thank you for using right-to-work in the correct way and not the way most people use it, to try to explain at-will employment.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
So I wake up, see that Assange is (as usual) full of poo poo, and that this has caused Alex Jones to (as usual) lose his goddamn mind. Great start to the day.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this election is so insane that i actually agree with and sympathize with alex jones

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Endorph posted:

this election is so insane that i actually agree with and sympathize with alex jones

Whoa now. Let's not let loose the 4 Horsemen just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is alex jones voting for hillary now

• Locked thread