Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Cage posted:

What about The Rock, where a Humvee chases a Ferrari F355?

I think it was the other way around with the ferrari chasing the hummer. Plus the hummer has an advantage over the jumps and curbs and through fruit stands.

Still, I want to see like one car chase where every turn isn't a huge powerslide, which is a much slower way around a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Wow gently caress me it must've been more than 6 months since I've seen The Rock, will fix that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And I'd like to see a computer hacking scene where the intruder doesn't type a couple commands and owns an entire lan.

And my wife would like to see the actions of medical staff around a woman in labor following basic procedure.

(hollywood only cares about making the mundane exciting)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Cage posted:

What about The Rock, where a Humvee chases a Ferrari F355?

Hey, the HMMWV has an impressive 0-50mph time of 24 seconds and can allegedly reach 70mph

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
you all need to watch the Need For Speed movie if you haven't yet, :thanks:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

InitialDave posted:

He was sponsored by Mitsubishi.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcuw9aJa_0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thief posted:

I like how the girl shows up in the end in an automatic Mustang but has her hand on the gear select like she'd just been shifting.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Thief posted:

I would rather be ...*name something*... than watch that festering shitpile

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I like how the girl shows up in the end in an automatic Mustang but has her hand on the gear select like she'd just been shifting.

I do this, but my excuse is I drove for 15 years with a manual and resting my hand there is entirely muscle memory. :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i for some reason have the biggest hard on for the 3000gt from the little hood bulge to the the ridiculous rear spoiler on the last model

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I was always disappointed with how the games went to poo poo, too, with stupid rice nonsense. Porsche Unleashed/Porsche 2000 was loving excellent, why couldn't they have continued down that path?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

xzzy posted:

I do this, but my excuse is I drove for 15 years with a manual and resting my hand there is entirely muscle memory. :smith:

I do it as well, but it's kind of evident that she was told to do it. Her body language is weird as hell in the scene.

Real Talk it's a fun movie.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat how could've I forgotten the wheels on meals truck!

xzzy posted:

You shouldn't be resting your hand on the lever anyway :colbert:

InitialDave posted:

I was always disappointed with how the games went to poo poo, too, with stupid rice nonsense. Porsche Unleashed/Porsche 2000 was loving excellent, why couldn't they have continued down that path?
You remember what happened in the early 2000s?

:rice:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 7, 2018

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

xzzy posted:

Attempting to clutch in and stomping the brake instead is always a fun exercise.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I rest my toes on the clutch pedal too.

Well, when there's a clutch pedal.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
On top of the initial brake stomp when I drive automatics, I also end up braking harder/later for the first couple minutes behind the wheel. Engine braking is wonderful

xzzy posted:

I rest my toes on the clutch pedal too.

Well, when there's a clutch pedal.

I like to think I'm hovering, but....
I picked up that habit when I was installing an amp in my Capri. I had a live, 0 gauge wire coming off the battery with no protection other than the plastic fuse holder, sitting on my dead pedal for like 3 weeks while I waited for new locks. And it kept raining
I wasn't going to finish my amp install when the trunk could be opened with just a finger, so I had a death-pedal instead of a dead pedal

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

jamal posted:

I think it was the other way around with the ferrari chasing the hummer. Plus the hummer has an advantage over the jumps and curbs and through fruit stands.

Still, I want to see like one car chase where every turn isn't a huge powerslide, which is a much slower way around a corner.

Speaking of movie car chases, the one in Ride Along 2 is pretty excellent in a meta sort of way.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

mobby_6kl posted:

!

My friends had a Lemons team. One of the drivers broke the shift linkage because he was resting his hand on the shifter and one handed steering.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MetaJew posted:

My friends had a Lemons team. One of the drivers broke the shift linkage because he was resting his hand on the shifter and one handed steering.

Try it on a dirt track when your hand is all that holds it in gear, it's great fun :v:

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Thief posted:

Jackie Chan was big into the FTO and iirc he had a :rice: Evo before the FnF series was a thing

I'm sure I've seen images of him driving the better spinoffs from the Evolution range before, the RVR Hyper Sports Gear R and the Pajero Evolution, but as someone else mentioned he was sponsored by Mitsubishi so probably got to drive whatever he felt like.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nobody remembers Jackie Chan in Cannon Ball Run 2?........ For shame.

Black Mitsubishi Starion

Sponsorship started early apparently.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
There was a cannon ball run 2?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Black Mitsubishi Starion

I remember it, I just couldn't remember the movie.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sagebrush posted:

this is the ADD kid's supra design and his compaq computer

This is me right now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thief posted:

Jackie Chan was big into the FTO and iirc he had a :rice: Evo before the FnF series was a thing

they'd probably have a better following if they were RWD. unlike Mazda, Mitsubishi is kind of a joke but i've always thought that stuff ljke the FTO and GTO/3000gt/Stealth or wtfever its called was up there with the FD in terms of amazing 90s sportscar stylings

if long term ownership didn't seem like such a nightmare it'd be a neat car to daily.

That's Le Mans podium finishing team owner Jackie Chan to you.

Also one of his cars was the overall leader for a while until one of the LMP1 cars finally caught up in the final couple of hours.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Guys, GUYS!
LOOK AT THIS THING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwPUVAMsI8

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/black-ops-1967-fairlane-famed-blue-oval-speed-parts/

427 SOHC, adjustable torsion bars at all four corners, massive meats, active aero, and those are Pantera wheels. Among other things.

I would drive a Delica like that (not necessarily a food truck, just the styling.)

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

chainsaw enema?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
unf

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Darchangel posted:

Guys, GUYS!
LOOK AT THIS THING:

The stacked headlight Fairlanes and Galaxies are the poo poo. I had a '66 Galaxie that I sold when I was 22 that I regret more than anything.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Black Mitsubishi Starion

As the owner of a widebody, flat fender Starions look so weird to me.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:swoon:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Dannywilson posted:

The stacked headlight Fairlanes and Galaxies are the poo poo. I had a '66 Galaxie that I sold when I was 22 that I regret more than anything.

Hey me too. It was my first car. 2 door 500XL with buckets and a console and the cool sloped rear roofline. It had a 289 with the cruise-o-matic that you could start off in second gear. I drove it for like 3 years until I got sick of dealing with old car stuff for a daily.

Found a picture of it. It came with those wheels and I hated them so much.

Found a front pic too

shy boy from chess club fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 8, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

What this guy said.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
some really good posting going on in here

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
wait i can fix that

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
no

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Dannywilson posted:

Galaxies are really rare here, but for the past 20 years I've always wanted an aussie 69-72 zc or zd fairlane (69-72 and they're only in 4dr though). I regret not buying one back then when you could get one for $5k, now they're 25k+ and unattainable to me, a 2 door galaxie is like $35k.
E One day I might get a 65 plymouth fury, (sold in Au as a dodge phoenix) they have stacked lights and seem way way cheaper, like 15k and I like them as well

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 9, 2018

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

shy boy from chess club posted:

Hey me too. It was my first car. 2 door 500XL with buckets and a console and the cool sloped rear roofline. It had a 289 with the cruise-o-matic that you could start off in second gear. I drove it for like 3 years until I got sick of dealing with old car stuff for a daily.

Found a picture of it. It came with those wheels and I hated them so much.

Found a front pic too

Leno talks about his Galaxie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-BL7G5m98M

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Crazy thing is back around 1968 racetracks here were galaxie vs mk1 cortina, vs mini, vs some lovely holden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/dP5i7mP.mp4