Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I got like 3 phoenix hawk LAMs in one mission last night, but I wasn't able to keep many parts on the table, and there were also a bunch of HEC-4C and 5C parts I wanted too. Trying to find a home for all my new RAC5s now, my current one is a CN9-D5 with the 1 RAC and ferro + a plasma rifle I think. Since I asked I've found 3 more Nova Cat missions, including a 4 skull duo duel, a 3.5 skull assassinate? with a blood asp, night gyr, warhammer IIC and some other wild poo poo, but the salvage slots were awful, and a lower skull attack convoy or something that had a few weapons and an cxl engine. Sunk a bunch of money and mechbay time into shoving some of the stuff I got into my MAD-4X + 5D, but I think I've only done one mission with them since.

I have a ton of C3i from all the CS/WoB missions I've been doing, and so far it's pretty great. Current setup is mostly mediums with a mix of AMS, ECM & C3 units and poo poo basically never hits them enough to matter. I have like two juggernaut melee dudes with a bunch of heavy flamers & inferno srms for knocking back phases and/or getting shutdowns. They also get extra sensor range & end up spotting for the artillery & lrms. An mrm60 dude with apollo & masc or a supercharger, I forgot which. My RAC dude with breaching shot/multitarget, the 2 marauders, couple sniper artillery & couple lrm mk. 2 plus some other slots I float depending on the mission. Bombadier with 4 mortars & multitarget, bunch of different ammo types & a couple tag lasers. If I lay down TAG & Flare Ammo it makes things real easy to hit, acid softens hard targets, inferno blinds and/or overheats along with the melee mechs. Also has FASCAM & guided. I have the MASC Cataphract with cmpls and a big engine plus a mix of the same ams etc. to run with the mediums. The hppc/mrm Ion that I haven't had a chance to work on much yet. I think a fast wraith for backstabbing that I haven't been using much lately.

Also just got some clrm20s and improved gauss off the last mission, but haven't had a chance to put those on anything yet. Anyway I'm kinda enjoying the pacing of the parts/salvage right now & gradually shoehorning stuff together, plus it's rad watching like a 50t mech knock a blood asp or a mackie on it's rear end and then shut it down completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
CLRMs are the poo poo. I wish I could stuff them on my LRM carriers somehow.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Decided to start again and in an otherwise very weak opening line up that I'm discarding I got.... this:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

130 hrs in and I just realized that some cockpit/core/leg/arm mods don't cost any tonnage and are basically free perks :downs:

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Away all Goats posted:

130 hrs in and I just realized that some cockpit/core/leg/arm mods don't cost any tonnage and are basically free perks :downs:

I remember when I had this realization. Here I am stuffing ammo/heatsinks in the torso when I could be installing free perks.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Carcer posted:

Decided to start again and in an otherwise very weak opening line up that I'm discarding I got.... this:

Needs jump jets.

I used a jumpy AC/20 Wolverine backstabber for sooooo frigging long in BEXCE.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

GD_American posted:

Needs jump jets.

I used a jumpy AC/20 Wolverine backstabber for sooooo frigging long in BEXCE.

Jump jets for everything!

First thing I did in vanilla storyline, when I got my King Crab, was add jump jets because it's the best way to go hey-diddle-diddle-straight-up-the-middle over mountains and off cliffs directly to the objective (and through anyone dumb enough to try and stop 2x AC20s).

Ambushers: "We'll get in position here, and as soon as they come into sight along the road we..."

King Crab: <lands on boulder looking down on their flank> "HELLO." <massive bolt-throw noises> "HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD OF KALI YAMA?"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Jump-capable Adders were my scouts/backstabbers until I accepted the love of LAMs into my heart.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Can someone verify the tag I need to give my mech pilots to make them eligible for the "Requires Mechwarrior" abilities in BTA?

I have figured out that pilot_nomech_crew grants the vehicle crew abilities, but the regular mech pilots don't have one that obviously qualifies them. I tried pilot_mech_crew and it did not work.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
is it not pilot_mechwarrior? if you get this going again. I think I'll be able to fix my campaign...

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

is it not pilot_mechwarrior? if you get this going again. I think I'll be able to fix my campaign...

Well, that definitely did it. Awesome, now I can fix my drat pilots.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Roger Tech Presents: The Tournament Of Champions (aka Urbie Removal Renewal)

So, the other night I watched an old Baradul video (vanilla BT w/DLCs) where he did this flashpoint, just to get an idea of what it would be like. Pretty simple and violent, like my coffee.

<laughs in RogueTech>

First off, Urbies are *incredibly* slow in RT. Like, sprint-for-two slow. On urban roads. :wal: S L O W :stat:

As my lance in trudging along, and the first pair of enemies are trudging along, trying to get LoS... the second pair drops. Even farther away.

As does the spoiler. Who takes out one of the "hidden hunters" while getting murdered in return.

Ah well.

*Finally* some shooting! Fun fact - these aren't vanilla Urbies. And the dual PPCs are Donals, which apply AoE damage within 60 meters, so it got to be "stop hitting yourself" time pretty qui... well, after a few turns from first contact. Deleted one Urbie right off, the other pathed stupidly and I had to go chase...

...and paid for it with a leg removal, causing a broken leg for Darius. (The sound you don't hear is the bleeding of my heart.)

So, 4 mechs still alive, with varying damage.

And then AC20 trashcan arrives. :ohdear: Already damaged from the other fight, misses horribly and deletes another building.

Response is 7 PPCs, most of which hit and THOOOM ammo detonation.

Yay! Well over twenty rounds, most of which were flying along as swift as a wind gust pushing a steel dumpster down the street.

<insert more bullshit "story" and finally the decision point: bring my own mechs ("cheat") or try to win the fight legit ("get cheated upon"); Davion rep and $250k, or a full million and pirate rep.>

I took the non-Urbanmech option of "being able to get out of my own way".

Also "Gauss is good, as are mines."

Oh, and the trashcans are now sporting UAC20. :aaaaa:

Blap away from out of their range, carpet the reinforcement spawn with mines, yadda yadda.

One Urbie is massively damaged, The other was out of LoS but decided to sprint waddle though the mines.

Drop commences! Centurion! Blackjack! Two more clankies! Everyone eats Gauss (and lasers), mines and Inferno Arrow!

Blackjack, badly damaged, decided that the most-damaged Urbie is the best target, and deletes it.

WHAM g'bye!

Centurion, also hideously mauled, CHARGES!

Charges the undamaged 100-ton Marauder II.

CLANG!

Knockdo-

FWOOOOOM is the sound of a Centurion exploding due to self-damage from a charge.

Marauder II still down, who cares.

Gauss, mines, Arrow, Tandem and FTL LRM ammo, yawn.

Total cash payout for the flashpoint: -$400k. (Dropping the heavies was most of that debit.)

Got a couple Urbie parts allocated, some other bits.

And the end lootbox?

A slightly faster Urbie.

I'm probably going to yoink all the DFA hardware to stick on the Screamer, which will have to land to do jump attacks but WHOOOOSH-WHAM makes for better chance or head deletion...

Next up: Limited Light Gladiator (Easy), or "RogueTech gonna Rogue".

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

In BTA, how do you raise pirate reputation? I’m not seeing pirate missions even in Periphery planets. I can bribe my way up to 20 in the black market, but nothing beyond that

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

GD_American posted:

In BTA, how do you raise pirate reputation? I’m not seeing pirate missions even in Periphery planets. I can bribe my way up to 20 in the black market, but nothing beyond that

What's your current rep with them? If you've pissed them off enough, they stop offering jobs. (At least in Roger Tech.)

In RT (and vanilla, apparently) the "Prototype" flashpoint gives you the option to keep the Raven, deliver it to your employer, or optionally deliver it to other factions - and giving it to the pirates makes them love you long time.

Otherwise, find planets with pirate activity and hopefully do missions for them. Don't take *any* against them, or at least make sure it's worth the rep hit. (I take duels and "extremely heavy mech" fights against everyone, myself. Want more better loot always, and I have enough cash I can do some minimum-pay-or-loot jobs to re-grind that rep. )

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
So, in BTA, does anyone encounter scenarios where the STORE tab is blacked out? I noticed it once in a regular inhabited system and didn't really think anything of it. Now I'm seeing it pretty often. And it's occurring on planets with populations so it's not that.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Was the system clan owned? I don't think they'll ever sell to you.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

So, in BTA, does anyone encounter scenarios where the STORE tab is blacked out? I noticed it once in a regular inhabited system and didn't really think anything of it. Now I'm seeing it pretty often. And it's occurring on planets with populations so it's not that.

Dunno about BTA, but in both vanilla and BEX the store button will be blacked out in systems where your relations with the system owner are bad enough that they won't sell to you at all. If it's a black market system you can still access it through the ship navigation menu in the bottom left though.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
In Roger Tech, if you max out dislike with a faction, they'll stop selling to you.

Guess I'll just have to acquire Clan gear by other mines... uhm, I mean "means". Yeah, that's it...

So, Limited Light Gladiator (Easy), huh? I tried a test run on that, after the Urbie stomp, ended up being a 3-way. :quagmire: Lunar, too.

Second enemy drop was... uhm, something light, and fairly-well equipped track, medium or light-heavy. Wasn't shooting at me, so I didn't pay much attention, and anything else I didn't detect.

Initial enemies, though: LBX10 tank-killer track, punky little MG-carrier, another lighter track with a lighter laod of SRMs and lasers, light helicopter with an LRM rack.

And a Shadow Hawk LAM (in ground mode).

And a Berkut - stealthed Shadow Hawk LAM.

"Light".

"Easy."

Silly me, my drop was expecting some truth there: Screamer & PHawk LAMs, and my Griffin-P2 (Pirate version, built to punch).

Quit out, go to bed because I had to get up for work in 3 hours.

Same contest, some moon, same 3-way... my drop was the same, with the addition of the Mine Shafter Stalker.

So the enemies changed too: Locust, rare 40-45 ton chickenwalker which really was kind of disappointing, and some minor vehicles. Team 3 was similar.

Mines, Arrows, MI Heavy Lasers, Vulcan RACs, and some LAM-kicks purely ate up those poor bastards.

No picks, got allocated three pieces of poo poo loot.

And then the extremely nice lootbox, the highlight being another Heavy Gauss. (Wasn't even the top-billed "Rare Component", either.)

Look at the local jobs and yawn. Look at the map and...oooh, nearby planetary attacks! One was going to be a series of fights I'm still not up for (4-5 orange skulls, so difficulty 18-20), and I didn't feel like supporting either side.

The other? Already started by the time I got there, punkier fights, but grinding Davion by kicking Capellans while they're down? Sure!

First fight was a simple stomp, yawn. Only issues were having to run my Stalker into LRM range, and one enemy being the very spongey Bushmaster - got two pieces of that, which means I can build another, and got allocated a mix of othe5r crap, some of which I can assemble.

Second fight? Target Acquisition. :getin:

LAMs are awesome for this, as you can get ridiculous evasion getting to the marker zone, and be missed by anything shooting while you wait out the turn.

But I'm not worried.

There can be a shitload of enemies on-site, and spawning from the target. That's what the Stalker, 2x Gauss Marauder II, and 3x HAG20 Bull Shark are for.

There's turrets, though. And if you don't evac fast enough after the base is destroyed, a Kill Team lands.

Which is what the support herd was for: Long Tom Helepolis. Thumper Orion. Dual-Sniper Arty Behemoth. Sniper track. Dual-Thumper Demolisher.

And nobody was paying me to bring ammo home.

Actually, we lost $300k between drop, coolant and ammo coast...

Hush! In any case, was having trouble getting the turret generator targeted right off, but they couldn't keep detection, so I dropped back out of combat without any damage.

And then reacquired... uhm, rather a lot of turrets, vehicles, and mechs. Quite a few with LoS. :ohdear:

Oh well. Arrow to the knee generator wiped half the red lines off the map, and many many mines came to visit the remainder. Plus Inferno Long Tom. Inferno Thumper. Regular Sniper because that's all I had. And some regular Thumper because that's what's in the Demolisher.Threw some LAM lovin' and Gauss into the mix, and the enemy was down to one mostly-wrecked Firebee, in the middle of a big minefield, in the middle of an Inferno-generqated.. uh, inferno. And shut down from overheating.

At least that gave the allied forces something to shoot at... yeah, even dropping all that iron, the game decided I needed some extra support. Centurion, Vaykyrie, a couple tracks, all piloted by recruits.

I'm not even in LoS of the target when it gets destroyed. Just loitering about, facing towards the Kill Team drop zone.

And they drop!

:aaaaa:

4-pack of Demolishers. 2x Kali Yama AC20, 2x Gauss, 2x AC20 (Devastator, so add SRM6, flamer and small laser too)...

And a dual-heavy RAC5 beast.

GEE I WONDER WHO TEAM TARGET IS FOR TODAY?

Firing off mines (that get cleared by the followup arty), everything else set to HE, Gaussing and LAM'ing, multiple sensor locks firing off, and the plain AC20 big D brews up. The other three are all damaged, but not badly. They all get off the X, but the only shots that hit were two of RAC5 rounds on the Stalker.

Next round, repeat - and I don't even get through all my mechs before all the tanks are dead.

Oh, the allies helped. Well, they shot LRMs into the area, anyways.

Loot. 2x Heavy RAC5, plus ammo. 4x Quicsell Heavy Small Chemical Lasers (30 damage for 3 heat, half-ton and one slot? Sure, why not) plus ammo. Some other stuff, and two parts of that RAC Demolisher. Then allocation: all the remaining D-Team parts, so I can build a couple more different tanks for slow, inaccurate but cheaper drops. And more assorted rubbish.

Score for the invasion is already Davion up 10 to -2, with six or more missions left in the chain, so the FedSuns will likely own this dump soon enough.

As long as I get some decent loot, I'll be happy. Plus better pay/missions/store offerings. of course.

The Templar I got out of that duel recently is in the process of being built out; saw someone else's much-more-optimized shutdown build, and decided to try it myself: 4x Quicsell Double AC2s (UAC2 clones, 2 rounds per shot, both either hit of miss) and 2x actual UAC2s, plus 120 rounds of Incendiary*, dedicated AC2 fire-control for bonuses, and Sensors Tracker for long/extreme-range accuracy buffs.

* +10 heat damage dealt
-40% autocannon damage
Target generates 5 heat for 2 turns

So, if everything hits :lol: that's 120 heat, plus generating 60 heat for 2 turns.

Combined with my arty Inferno, could be there's a lot of glowy mechs in my future.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 24, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Speaking of, on the BTA side, it's annoying that you have specialty AC ammo but that can only be fired by vanilla ACs, not Ultra or LB-X.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Once I have a few months worth of funds saved up I should always be taking max salvage right? Fully assembled mechs are worth more to sell?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Take max salvage from day 1. You are a used mech salesman, not a mercenary company.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah if you have 4 pieces for salvage or less. it becomes all about the sell full mechs economy. you simply end up with tons of extra parts that you'll accidentally put together locusts

I basically sell anything I don't plan to currently use. I used to keep reserve mechs in storage but meh. the money gets you better gear from black market or highly developed planets

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Does anyone know where the save game files are located?

I'm trying to debug something in the new version of BEX, and I don't want to mess up my ironman save.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Organ Fiend posted:

Does anyone know where the save game files are located?

I'm trying to debug something in the new version of BEX, and I don't want to mess up my ironman save.

For steam it's

\steam\userdata\steamid\637090\remote\C0\SGS1\ or something similar.

637090 is the app ID in steam I think.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

sean10mm posted:

For steam it's

\steam\userdata\steamid\637090\remote\C0\SGS1\ or something similar.

637090 is the app ID in steam I think.

I just backed up the entire userdata folder.

Figured our what ward going on. In the latest version of BEX, toy need to be allied with a faction to buy the latest and greatest mechs from factory worlds.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, waited two days for next mission and :lol: Capellans hosed right off, incursion complete.

Did another Air Show contract, again with my four LAMs in addition to the employer-supplied four. (Rentals this time were two Wanetas and two PHawks.) Small jungle map, allies were a couple Stingers, a Phoenix Hawk and a "Berkut" stealth omni PHawk - Berkut was the only one airborne. Allied casualties were both PHawks because "AI" means "Always be alpha'Ing", and overheated blowing up Prototype heatsinks and ammo. (My only injury was brain fry from DNI, as their Waneta took structure damage from a Tandem mnissile.)

Initial wave: 2x Munins (ground), 1x Waneta and 1x Berkut. Everyone got mutilated from behind in 4-on-1 stompings, taking three turns to finish everyone off.

Wave 2: Waneta, Berkut, Pwwka and Ajax. Also mauled horribly, all downed before the third ware arrived.

Last victims: 3x Wanetas and a Valkyrie II. Who all sat out the drop round as I moved my LAMs as close as I could, out of LoS, and gave them six EWS pings - sensor locks for everybody! :toot:

So much loot: full set of Ajax, Valk II, two different Berkut variants, and the Pwwka. Plus about twelve pages of components, quite a bit of nice LAM-specific goodies, not to mention the extra mech parts.

Three whole picks. :cry:

Took a Berkut, got some various other mechbits, and some useful (but not really good) parts.

Gotta take a couple more random missions waiting on refits, but then it's time for the Prototype flashpoint... EW nerfs from the base game, plus doing it on Roger Tech. This could get sporty... :ohdear:

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 27, 2021

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

yeah if you have 4 pieces for salvage or less. it becomes all about the sell full mechs economy. you simply end up with tons of extra parts that you'll accidentally put together locusts

I basically sell anything I don't plan to currently use. I used to keep reserve mechs in storage but meh. the money gets you better gear from black market or highly developed planets

The correct way is to have one copy of every variant of every available Mech sitting in storage. :colbert: Gotta catch 'em all!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Bizarre random bug: I can't add scars to my commander's portrait. They just show nothing no matter which one I select, and I have no mods that are doing anything remotely related to them?

Verifying integrity of game files does nothing.

:iiam:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Just another night of Roger Tech. Quick job of taking out the "extremely heavy" Davion mech (Awesome, it turns out) and his pals/support lance/reinforcements. Many many mines and Inferno later, i get an assortment of adequate stuff - Awesome ate itself with ammo explosions. :smith: And my Long Tom Helepolis exploded another supercharger, so it's gonna be a trudger from now on. :argh:

Had some time left waiting on a refit, so I decided to work for Capellans (eww) protecting a convoy from Taurians (EWW). Had a Strider and Shadow Hawk LAM as support, with the SHawk being ground-pounding mode stupid AI.

Bla bla bla kill the initial forces, spawn the convoy and start murdering the next batch of Taurians... a really nice RISC'd-out Catapult showed up, ate a lot of Gauss and Arrow/mines...

And then a RISC'd-out stealth Shadow Hawl LAM flew in and perched up on a rock, ready to exterminate the convoy.

Hmm, what does the convoy have, not that they can act? 2x APCs with Thunderbolts & LRMs. 1x APC with lasers.

And one APC with 2x AC/20 :getin:.

Who was first up.

WHAM

WHAM

Angry Bird got his engine crit'd out, faw down go BOOM.

Not much else of note - when the convoy hit the evac zone, the next wave of enemies spawned, including a Bushmaster with a grenade launcher, and some Quicsell Wolverine that was way too close in.

And immediately deleted about 50% of that allied Strider with two shots.

Gee, I wonder how that happened.

But, I did get a free* Shadow Hawk LAM out of it!

* - repair and refit costs of $3.4 million not included.

Still missing a few items on it, too, so it's not stock. Maybe later, or maybe I just make it my stealth melee flyer.

And I still have a Berkut to rebuild, too...

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Shouldn’t have poopsocked BTA so hard; getting the point now where I’m just playing mix and match out of the toybox. I hate the feeling of running out of story.

My dream was to make a non-compromised double Long Tom Mech, but the closest I’ve gotten is a practically immobile Gausszilla chassis (only 100 tonner with Clan-quality Endo Steel and no hardwired XL engine).

I also want a vehicle editor so I can make these LRM carriers even stupider.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I guess now my only goal left is hinting down those weird Wobblie Mechs with small cockpits so I can wring that last bit of killjuice out of my LAMs.

I could just nice nice with Pope Mecha Hitler and get it from their store, but since they’re the in-game bad guys I was holding out

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

BTA is a lot easier to learn then rogue tech and i loving love the addition of vehicles. It's so annoying because i'm using the tex voice pack for my commander by then i actually got tex as a pilot haha might sub him in when the commanders injured or something.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I loving hate that tex voice, if you all can stand it, godspeed.

Editing vehicles in the files is pretty easy but the problem then becomes "every enemy vehicle you see is also this"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'd even be happier if you could buy some of the weird rear end vehicles you come across. Maybe I want a goddamned Thunderbolt-5 carrier.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I don’t know what’s going on, but early on in my BTA campaign I was getting vehicle parts left & right and lately… nothing, no matter how many vehicles show up or how I kill them. I finally just sold off all the parts since I couldn’t complete anything with them.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I love the concept of vehicles being this less durable force multiplier for a real combined arms approach. I hope they make a future game that includes everything even loving warships, i wanna be required to hire and maintain infantry to take over objectives while my big swinging mech jocks stomp around the battle field.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The thing is in a game without TACs or motive damage crits, vees are WAY more durable than mechs are, generally. The gigantic piles of armor assault vees can mount are very daunting vs equivalent weight assault mechs.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I did the slab of armor thing with a Marauder IIC (shield, hardened armor, all the minus-to-hit goodies). I wanted it to be my HEY LOOK AT ME SHOOT AT ME sacrificial anode, but it ends up too goddamned slow to ever get out in front of your other people to be a target. I'll have to find a quicker version, maybe with some 5/8 heavy or assault. Maybe an honest-to-God Charger with the original 5 small lasers.

I have thought about fielding a lance of Alacorns for a dozen-Gauss bukakke, but the problem is deployments are so random it's hard to properly make a firing line of slow-movers that can team up on a target all at one. That's also what makes the LRM carriers so damned hard to get away from; they can just reach out and touch anything. Literally your only worry is deploying smack in the middle of the opfor and them becoming targets.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Gwaihir posted:

The thing is in a game without TACs or motive damage crits, vees are WAY more durable than mechs are, generally. The gigantic piles of armor assault vees can mount are very daunting vs equivalent weight assault mechs.

The problem i foresee is them keeping pace with your faster mechs, seems like a better idea to just give them all arty and have them slowly advance behind offering large amounts of covering fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I love how hard the game becomes when standard load outs aren't all garbage haha. Nearly failed a half skull mission because they sent 3 mechs and 7 vehicles at me with 4 turrets for support. I pimped out a pheonix hawk with fero and an XL engine now he's carrying max armor and a ton of support electronics. Being able to swap engines is so loving huge.