Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

at the date posted:

get those toddlers plugged in early

ugh why are teens so obsessed with their phones?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

why are people so obsessed with teens

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

why are parents so obsessed with getting their kids to shut up for half an hour, just raise them by paying attention to them for literally every waking hour of their lives and never letting them see a screen or use a computer ever

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

the ipad isn't a bad computer, it's a good computer with some definite limits on it that both restrict its usefulness but also make it actually easy for an average person to use and own and many people only hit those limits occasionally

I have a car analogy lined up if this is too confusing of a concept

oh i mean work computer not home computer
the ipad is a really good home computer for most people
its a really bad work computer for most people

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mr Dog posted:

This is probably the point where they push more malware through Windows Update that makes Windows 7 absolutely loving terrible to wincourage you to upgrade to windows 10

the way things are going, i'm going to keep using windows 7 on my desktop computer for as long as it works and if it breaks, it's the year of the linux desktop for me, baby!

there is nothing i need to do on this computer that i can't also do on linux. even the few video games i play on computer have linux versions these days.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

well, it's true. windows isn't a necessity for a lot of people (including me) anymore

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
actually, paint.net is probably the software i would miss the most atm, apparently its latest version don't work too good in wine.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
try krita

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

PleasureKevin posted:

why are people so obsessed with teens

teens love to smoke weed and drink a bunch of stolen pbr and do sick donuts in the grocery store parking lot in mom's camry because they're so cool they don't give a gently caress

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

angry_keebler posted:

teens love to smoke weed and drink a bunch of stolen pbr and do sick donuts in the grocery store parking lot in mom's camry because they're so cool they don't give a gently caress

can an automatic camry even do a donut

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

carry on then posted:

backwards?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

carry on then posted:

V6 camrys these days have nearly 300hp, for a while they had more power than V6 mustangs

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i mostly use windows to play DARK SOULS

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

flakeloaf posted:

why are parents so obsessed with getting their kids to shut up for half an hour, just raise them by paying attention to them for literally every waking hour of their lives and never letting them see a screen or use a computer ever

just in case you ever have kids, I think you should know that even very young children are capable of independent activity that has nothing to do with an iPad

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

at the date posted:

just in case you ever have kids, I think you should know that even very young children are capable of independent activity that has nothing to do with an iPad

:jerkbag:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Wheany posted:

actually, paint.net is probably the software i would miss the most atm, apparently its latest version don't work too good in wine.

there is a linux clone called pinta :tipshat:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if they make a PS4 update with Polaris I'm ditching my Windows PC so hard

will finally be able to get the sweet 60 fps that I crave on console!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PleasureKevin posted:

if they make a PS4 update with Polaris I'm ditching my Windows PC so hard

will finally be able to get the sweet 60 fps that I crave on console!

lol okay kev, 60FPS on a console this/next gen is a far away dream

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Dodoman posted:

lol okay kev, 60FPS on a console this/next gen is a far away dream

it can be done now, but mostly i'm sad FFXIV doesn't do 60fps on PS4

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

it can be done now, but mostly i'm sad FFXIV doesn't do 60fps on PS4

Someone told me to try this game out and I'm three days in and it's horrible

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

yeah that's me, the big ol' reactionary fucktard saying the path of least resistance isn't the best one

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Citizen Tayne posted:

yu

play PSO 2 instead

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Citizen Tayne posted:

if you love animes you'll love ffxiv

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

are you on the server with 1500 goons on it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

AtomD posted:

oh i mean work computer not home computer
the ipad is a really good home computer for most people
its a really bad work computer for most people
it's a bad work computer now, sure but don't pretend tablets aren't improving faster than desktop/laptop hardware and software are, 10 years ago laptops were great for portability but you couldn't do "real" work on them and now they're the default work computer

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Blue Train posted:

there is a linux clone called pinta :tipshat:

yeah and it sucks

at least the mac version sucks

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

qirex posted:

it's a bad work computer now, sure but don't pretend tablets aren't improving faster than desktop/laptop hardware and software are, 10 years ago laptops were great for portability but you couldn't do "real" work on them and now they're the default work computer

10 years ago the intel macbook pro existed and pentium m had been around for a couple of years. before that though i'll agree because p4/p4m based laptops were hilarious thick slabs with battery lives measured in seconds.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my current thinkpad has a battery life of around 5000 seconds

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i was kind of disappointed that a new xps 13 only does 4-5 hours off the battery. i don't know if that's a dell thing or a windows thing, but its the difference between having to carry a charger around and not compared to mthe macbook air i had previously.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Thanks Ants posted:

i was kind of disappointed that a new xps 13 only does 4-5 hours off the battery. i don't know if that's a dell thing or a windows thing, but its the difference between having to carry a charger around and not compared to mthe macbook air i had previously.

lol if you don't set the processor stuck at 800 MHz while display brightness is at minimum. just lol.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
4-5 hours between charges is enough for almost anything i ever do with a laptop.

if it's not connected, it's probably because i have taken it to a meeting in some conference room. if that meeting goes on for more than 4 hours, i will probably kill myself anyway and don't need a laptop anymore.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

true, its more for those times where i find myself stuck on a clients site for longer than i expected. although hopefully usb type-c charging will become as common as lightning and magsafe adapters are so it wont be a big deal.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks Ants posted:

true, its more for those times where i find myself stuck on a clients site for longer than i expected. although hopefully usb type-c charging will become as common as lightning and magsafe adapters are so it wont be a big deal.

It will be common, but laptop manufacturers will DRM their USB ports so only their charger will actually charge the device (see: HP currently).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

gotta love standards

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

can't wait for cheap "universal" usb-c chargers from the zhu zhai huo zai company turning people's new laptops into smouldering heaps

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

are you on the server with 1500 goons on it

God no. I don't think I'm going to play it anymore, it's horrendously anime.

qirex posted:

Oh yeah, in ten years they'll still be shittier than a laptop for doing work on, so I don't know what your point is.

(People have been doing "real work" on laptops since the eighties, your memory is bad.)

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

God no. I don't think I'm going to play it anymore, it's horrendously anime.

it's a final fantasy game, what the gently caress were you expecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Microsoft removes store-blocking from Windows 10 Pro
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36226372

• Locked thread