Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

Dave was in 1994 in 1994

I loving lost it at that. Especially Bryan's,"Can I just confirm that you were in fact in 1994 in 1994?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Wait, is Dave a time traveler

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Wrestlemania plans don't mean poo poo. They always change.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

AMReese posted:

Wrestlemania plans don't mean poo poo. They always change.

Just ask Hade Vansen. Poor guy.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Austin and Meltzer both agreeing the table Omega went through didn't look gimmicked when you could see it was clearly cardboard...

(Not that it makes the spot any less terrifying, really.)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what a pair of marks

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

sleepwalkers posted:

Austin and Meltzer both agreeing the table Omega went through didn't look gimmicked when you could see it was clearly cardboard...

(Not that it makes the spot any less terrifying, really.)

Japanese tables were always like that. They look thick but they're hallowed with cardboard or thin wood.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think Dave meant that he wasn't dwelling in the past, dreaming of his childhood days at the cow palace

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Alvarez being Alvarez https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/819938186793197569

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

alvarez always being wrong makes him more charming imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

On some level I hope it's Sami Zayn after eliminating Braun. I doubt it will be though.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

On some level I hope it's Sami Zayn after eliminating Braun. I doubt it will be though.

We are only allowed false hope Mania's on multiples of ten.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

remusclaw posted:

poo poo, you're right.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm listening to the old Jericho interview with Disco. Disco actually seems like a cool, smart dude in it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I'm part of the global conspiracy to deny bryan chicken

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

triplexpac posted:

I'm listening to the old Jericho interview with Disco. Disco actually seems like a cool, smart dude in it

Raven-saying-What-a-mark!.gif

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

not even close to right thread

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

remusclaw posted:

what the gently caress how did I never realize this before

10: BRET HART'S THE GUY
20: EDDIE AND BENOIT ARE THE GUYS
30: BRYAN IS THE GUY

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7_qRfhCy5Y

Jim Cornette loving owns.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jim Cornette talks big for a man who wrestled a ninja turtle.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ParanoidInc posted:

what the gently caress how did I never realize this before

10: BRET HART'S THE GUY
20: EDDIE AND BENOIT ARE THE GUYS
30: BRYAN IS THE GUY

Because Bret Hart had won the title a year and a half earlier, plus Eddy and Benoit were never intended to be the guy.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Because Bret Hart had won the title a year and a half earlier, plus Eddy and Benoit were never intended to be the guy.

Neither was Bryan lol.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Wrestlemania 31 firmly established that Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be the guy ether, so it still holds out.

You could probably say something similar along the lines of "Every Wrestlemania with a 1 on the end means gently caress it, we're going back to big dudes."

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jim Cornette talks big for a man who wrestled a ninja turtle.

I'll give him credit. Cornette seems to have no problem with sillyness in wrestling, it's only when it crosses into the absurd with real wrestlers that cause him to blow his lid.

- edit Oh boy, Jim covered Kenny's ****** match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8FPR4XR7c

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 14, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Muddy Burphy posted:

This week's observer and Wednesday's WOR reeks of Dave being in "I know the Wrestlemania plans but I'm not going to say anything" mode.

After a few weeks of "well I thought I knew what they were doing but they've changed their mind so I don't know what's happening" I'm fine with it.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Cornette is a gimmick.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Cornette is a gimmick.

A boring one and a sad one considering Omega and the Young Bucks have no intention of playing along.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I don't think Cornette's a gimmick. He plays up aspects of himself for his podcast but he also seems like any other super nerd that's easily wound up and super sensitive about his subject of choice.

This clip from a Kevin Steen interview was probably the most insightful comment I've heard about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2cCHBbx7HM

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 14, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He's just a pathetic human being who doesn't know how to communicate without being an angry dick.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
So what you're saying is that he's a goon?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I kind of want it to be true that the Italian place does listen to the B&V show, and is in fact, loving with Bryan.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I kind of want it to be true that the Italian place does listen to the B&V show, and is in fact, loving with Bryan.

Wouldn't you?

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
The sad thing is like, there were problems with Omega and Okada, it's just that they all kind of come together and become part of the greatness of it.

If these things really stick in your craw, they'll stand out and you won't think it's an all-time great match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Told this might be Reigns's heel turn
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/820344532785102849

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That would be chill.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rovert posted:

Told this might be Reigns's heel turn

I didn't realize we had already reached the end of time

e: like you have three friggen months, turn him heel now and flip him again at wrestlemania for a massive pop

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Shoutouts to the dipshit at F4W who voted Cesaro for most underrated (read: most underpushed) and Sheamus for most overrated (read: most overpushed). They are pushed at the exact same level, so this only makes sense if you think Cesaro is the next coming of Misawa and Sheamus is the next coming of Van Hammer.

This is what happens when Sheamus has a million good matches in a row and can't get any praise from Dave other than "Sheamus was in position for Cesaro".

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Sheamus is Cena in miniature. A guy who got pushed way too much way too early and has now become pretty great, but the people who hated him when he was prematurely pushed down their throats aren't turning around on him now that he's great.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If Sheamus, Roman, and Cena are any indication, there's nothing worse for you than getting pushed as a babyface in WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Alain Post posted:

If Sheamus, Roman, and Cena are any indication, there's nothing worse for you than getting pushed as a babyface in WWE.

You say that but it's probably true. Even if they stick at it they'd have probably tainted you for all future runs by putting you over people that the fans would rather have in their spot.

• Locked thread