Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Cirosan posted:

Collaborating with Russian modder shadwar, I've released a mod that makes the game display the full lines of what your character is going to say in conversation, instead of just a paraphrase. It also revamps the interface so that the game will now display dialogue options in a list and use the number keys for input, instead of clustering all of them together and forcing you to use the arrow keys.

Here are some examples of what it looks like in action:

Download it here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235

Enjoy!

This is loving amazing. Will install and play with this when I get home.

I don't quite understand the problem people have with Corvega. Yeah, it's early, but it's like the only time it could even present a challenge to the player too. Yes, it is full of difficult enemies and picking the wrong route can kill you, but even I figured out after dying once "okay, I will try this other way" and when I did I had problem putting the raiders to death with a few well-placed sneak attacks with a 10mm. And you should have a 10mm pistol at this point, which is more than enough to kill things dead. If you are using the pipe pistol, you better either do so to save on ammo or because you are as retarded as the guy streaming before release.

With regards to becoming the leader of the minutemen, it at least makes more sense than anything in Skyrim. The dude basically lost all his troops due to bad decision-making, you come along and basically bail them out of the fire and save their asses and you seem to have a knack for solving problems by freeing a couple of settlements and as Preston himself says if you ask him, there's nobody left who can argue what rank he assigns you. And anyone you come across that'd still be alive among the minutemen would probably not have anything to really say regarding ranks when they chickened out of their ideals way back when.

I'm not saying it's the worlds best writing, but holy gently caress does it beat the everloving poo poo out of the mage's guild and thief's guild quests in Skyrim. I also like how they chose to portray the Brotherhood here and the dialog you can have with people feels really natural

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

My main problem with the minutemen is that preston/sturges/mama murphy/sad-dad/angry-lady are all loving godawful characters and I can't boot them out or kill them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can kill Mama Murphy

Has anyone experimented much with the beam splitters on laser/plasma rifles? If you hit with all the beams does it do significantly more damage than a non-split?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 18, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Odobenidae posted:

My main problem with the minutemen is that preston/sturges/mama murphy/sad-dad/angry-lady are all loving godawful characters and I can't boot them out or kill them.

You can stuff them away in a settlement nobody cares about, though.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

You can kill Mama Murphy

Yeah but that involves talking to her and having to listen to the garbage pseudo-gypsy lady that makes me want to puke.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Quote is not edit.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Fun fact: Before meeting Deacon in the Railroad HQ, he can be found tailing you undercover in various locations. He always has a generic name like "Drifter" or "Resident", but he uses the same model, has the same voice actor, and is marked as essential. Deacon owns.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Broken Cog posted:

Fun fact: Before meeting Deacon in the Railroad HQ, he can be found tailing you undercover in various locations. He always has a generic name like "Drifter" or "Resident", but he uses the same model, has the same voice actor, and is marked as essential. Deacon owns.

Holy crap, I have seen him around :suspense:.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
What determines the amount of AP a gun's attack uses in VATS? I have a laser pistol and 10MM with fairly similar stats, but my full AP bar is only good for 3 shots of the laser pistol, the 10MM I can fire maybe a dozen times.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The USS Constitution quest line ended in the best way possible. Probably my favorite so far.

Spoilers of course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqfnm4tjEsY

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Just had to revert about two hours' progress because the game gave me a radiant quest to kill everything at a location that I already cleared at the very beginning of the game. Good to see that bug making a return from Skyrim. I was worried that Bethesda actually made a single step forward with one of their games but luckily they are indeed completely incapable of any improvement whatsoever.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

what the gently caress, seriously?
can you prove this? it seems like one of those 'maybe' things

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Speedball posted:

https://youtu.be/0BatLz36dak

This guy transforms Red Rocket into a huge... THING.

Which armor is that? Specifically the wrist blade thing.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fereydun posted:

There was a post about it on the Fallout subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3t2017/deacon_in_fo4/

Edit: I'm pretty sure I ran into him in Diamond City early on, but I didn't know it was him at the time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I happened across a Legendary Mr Gutsy defending a ruined road convoy along with an Assaultron. Is he protecting anything decent, because I couldn't find anything of note there.

Not to mention that I couldn't find any sign of him having a corpse due to going loving nuclear when I killed him.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Seriously though, how do I kill Paladin Danse? The guy's a loving buffoon.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

There was a post about it on the Fallout subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3t2017/deacon_in_fo4/

Edit: I'm pretty sure I ran into him in Diamond City early on, but I didn't know it was him at the time.
holy poo poo that is insane
now i have to keep a lookout on my 2nd playthrough
i may be super disappointed at the rpg elements of the game but stuff like this just makes up for it in spades

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I stumbled across this little summer camp type place around a small lake on my way to the glowing sea which I thought was quaint. Cue a vertibird getting shot at by some supermutants nearby, crashing down with the pilot's body flying past me. I thought, "that was cool".

A minute later I found a load of old protectrons that I woke up from a terminal in one of the camp huts, they proceeded to do a little patrol around the camp. As I got to another of the cabins, a loving legendary glowing deathclaw comes up out of the ground. "oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo" so I hid behind a tree, and all of a sudden these four protectrons came down and loving DESTROYED this insanely powerful deathclaw, with only one of them dying in the process.

They then nonchalantly resumed their programmed route and ended up standing on this stage, three in a row, which they were supposed to do as it was some kind of RobCo presentation about them.

Those five minutes were just incredible. This game is loving great.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I happened across a Legendary Mr Gutsy defending a ruined road convoy along with an Assaultron. Is he protecting anything decent, because I couldn't find anything of note there.

Not to mention that I couldn't find any sign of him having a corpse due to going loving nuclear when I killed him.

If that's where I think it is (somewhere in the NE?), there should be a suit of power armour with several X-01 pieces on it in one of the APCs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Drunk in Space posted:

If that's where I think it is (somewhere in the NE?), there should be a suit of power armour with several X-01 pieces on it in one of the APCs.

Yeah, I found it around that area. I'll give it another go, as I died there the first time due to a lack of saving. Goddamn Super Mutant Suicider scored a Touchdown :gibs:.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

http://www.pcgamer.com/best-fallout-4-mods/

Some really nice selections here. Simple, but good touches like the lowered weapon in first person.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I'm playing around with third person a bit and I'm finding another irritating bug. If you charge up your gauss rifle in third person and then scope in for a shot, it won't fire most of the time. You've got to scope in and THEN charge, which is extremely inconvenient since you generally want to unscope and charge it up while you look for a target. Never had issues like this in first person.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Vargs posted:

Just had to revert about two hours' progress because the game gave me a radiant quest to kill everything at a location that I already cleared at the very beginning of the game. Good to see that bug making a return from Skyrim. I was worried that Bethesda actually made a single step forward with one of their games but luckily they are indeed completely incapable of any improvement whatsoever.

Are you talking about the settler quests that tell you to go kill ghouls/raiders/whatever in a location? When you get those, everything respawns there. Including non-unique loot.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Mr Scumbag posted:

You could just open the console, click him and type "disable" :v:

Since he's a plot intensive dude, I wouldn't markfordelete him.

Iceshade fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 18, 2015

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Can someone tell me how to unlock ballistic weave? Do I need to progress the main plot or something?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Cirosan posted:

Collaborating with Russian modder shadwar, I've released a mod that makes the game display the full lines of what your character is going to say in conversation, instead of just a paraphrase. It also revamps the interface so that the game will now display dialogue options in a list and use the number keys for input, instead of clustering all of them together and forcing you to use the arrow keys.

Here are some examples of what it looks like in action:

Download it here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235

Enjoy!

You and Russian modded shadwar are heroes. This is a great first step towards removing the stupid main character voiced dialogue from the game entirely.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mr Scumbag posted:

Big Spoilers so read at your own peril.

Later in the Brotherhood questline, Elder Maxon pulls you aside and demands to know if you knew that Danse was a synth and furiously demands you hunt him down and kill him, you can either kill him or tell him (Danse) to get lost, but this requires a few speech checks.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How is the Pain Train perk?

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Broken Cog posted:

He's sitting in one of the pods in the lobby of the Memory Den, too.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Big Spoilers so read at your own peril.

Later in the Brotherhood questline, Elder Maxon pulls you aside and demands to know if you knew that Danse was a synth and furiously demands you hunt him down and kill him, you can either kill him or tell him (Danse) to get lost, but this requires a few speech checks.

I just did this part myself. (Danse spoilers ahead)

I hadn't used him as a companion for a while when starting the synth quest, and I'm wondering what happens if you did have him with you before that. Does he say he needs to run off or something?

Also, the whole thing was pretty loving awkward for me as I guess at some point I'd stripped him of all his items, including the BOS uniform he wears under his armour, so naturally when I found him, he was in his underwear. At first I thought it was something bizarre to do with the quest, like this was the real Danse who'd been locked away or something, but then the truth became apparent.

I resolved the situation peacefully, but when Maxson was yelling angrily at this supposed paladin standing there wearing nothing but a pair of dirty briefs, and telling him what a complete disgrace he is to the Brotherhood, well, I couldn't help but agree just a bit.

Drunk in Space fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 18, 2015

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

Fereydun posted:

I can confirm this. I have seen him in Drifter rags before meeting officially while questing in Diamond City, he had his shades on and so appeared to be a little out of place. The funny thing is as my character sat down to grab a bowl of noodles from the Japanese robot he sat down next to me. Didn't think much of it back then!

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there a mostly non-spoilerly summary of the benefits/trade offs between choosing between the sides? I'm going to guess betraying the brotherhood is not worth it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
None of it is really earth shattering but has anyone noticed that the otherwise unremarkable quest "Duty or Dishonor" seems to go to some weird new vegas level of having a billion slight variations on how you do the quest? Like nothing really changes but every step has a weird amount of different ways to do it that all end up the same places.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think I have a problem, Im level 28 and havent reached diamond city yet :shepface:

Im already thinking of my next play through, if I want to make a retard lucky pistol "Archer" build or retard chuck full of drugs melee brawler.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 18, 2015

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think I have a problem, Im level 28 and havent reached diamond city yet :shepface:

Amateur.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I checked the op and didn't see anything about it, what are the chances this game goes on sale this Friday?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Azhais posted:

Also, suiciders are dumb. I either shoot their hand and kill all their buddies or I miss and die. Great mechanic.

Give your companion a super sledge an enjoy the light show.

Broken Cog posted:

You also get like 13-15 exp for placing a single prop in a settlement, so if you want to "grind", just do that.

You also get XP for making weapon and armor mods. I made ~30 .45 pipe rifles for my Sanctuary residents and a upgraded a bunch or leather and raider armor for them. Leather armor with a sack hood is a great Gimp look. My settlement looks like an S&M convention. Anyways, it was good for like 2 levels of XP.

Fereydun posted:

turns out it's me because i saw there were cat paintings

i need more cat paintings

Oh, that rack looks like a better display for my books than the spinning wire rack that always spins to not show my sweet wasteland swag.

NecroMonster posted:

I really wish I could get a good supply of molotovs without having to burn 4 oil on each or just cheat them in cause gently caress they are the only grenade that explodes on contact everything else just gets the heck away from the grenade before it can ever do anything. I hate having to throw frags into the dirt while backpedling to use the dumb things.

I have about a 50/50 chance of lighting myself on fire whenever I use a Molotov. But I'm also at the point of the game where it only kills enemies that are trivial one-shots anyways, and I have the chest armor mod that prevents me from being set on fire.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Professor Shark posted:

I checked the op and didn't see anything about it, what are the chances this game goes on sale this Friday?

It just came out a week ago, so none.

edit: Or if it does for some reason, I'm betting it'll be a real slight discount, 10% at the most.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

I don't quite understand the problem people have with Corvega. Yeah, it's early, but it's like the only time it could even present a challenge to the player too. Yes, it is full of difficult enemies and picking the wrong route can kill you, but even I figured out after dying once "okay, I will try this other way" and when I did I had problem putting the raiders to death with a few well-placed sneak attacks with a 10mm. And you should have a 10mm pistol at this point, which is more than enough to kill things dead. If you are using the pipe pistol, you better either do so to save on ammo or because you are as retarded as the guy streaming before release.

my main issue with the corvega plant was the layout, in that I spent about half an hour searching for the single staircase that led to the rest of the dudes I had to kill

e: it's nice that there wasn't an absolutely huge multi-year publicity blitz for this game so the op I made a few months back is still more or less serviceable. if you squint

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

CJacobs posted:

It just came out a week ago, so none.

edit: Or if it does for some reason, I'm betting it'll be a real slight discount, 10% at the most.

I'd be fine with 10%

Follow up, unrelated question: my computer was able to play Farcry 4 fine, and from what I understand Fallout 4 isn't a technical marvel, based on this limited information can I expect any trouble with this game?

• Locked thread