Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

The next clue is: I threw them in the loving ditch why did I think buying dessert in bulk was a good idea. I can literally feel my teeth melting.

What flavor pies did you throw out also where is the ditch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Boyfriend got half a bag of iv fluids then got the gently caress out of the hospital. Now to just wait and see if we get covid i guess :shrug:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

7 packs of powdered mini donuts

I was not familiar with this delight and had to look up how doughnuts came as a powder. Disappointing.

e: yeah I know about flour.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
They suck too, only confectioners sugar could make waxy American chocolate appetizing

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Results are in, it's not covid. I'm sick as gently caress, but no longer have to isolate. I guess I'll head to the liquor store, a bunch of other people will get sick, they'll have to get tested ugh.

Of course I'm going to isolate until I recover, it seems pretty irresponsible that the advice they gave is: "You're negative! Do whatever bro!".

Edit: it's cool, I'm having liquor delivered tomorrow!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

yoloer420 posted:

Results are in, it's not covid. I'm sick as gently caress, but no longer have to isolate. I guess I'll head to the liquor store, a bunch of other people will get sick, they'll have to get tested ugh.

Of course I'm going to isolate until I recover, it seems pretty irresponsible that the advice they gave is: "You're negative! Do whatever bro!".

Don't loving drink when you're seriously ill. Take this seriously.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

yoloer420 posted:

"You don't have the bad infectious disease, feel free to wander amongst the masses with your test consuming, immune system compromising, probably contagious mystery illness".

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
I'm expected to return to work tomorrow in Orlando when the county opens back up. I have no PTO, so my only other option is to quit and lose my unemployment.

Really looking forward to my Trump-worshipping, everything-is-political boss furiously ranting about the "lieberal hoax" while she runs around maskless, touching and coughing open-mouthed on everything, never washing her hands.

Edit: Oh, I should add that it's a property management office. I'm sure my first task will be preparing a stack of eviction notices for all of our tenants who lost their jobs but couldn't get unemployment for 6+ weeks (or ever) because our state's UI system was intentionally designed to be unusable.

snake and bake fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 3, 2020

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Dixville posted:

Boyfriend got half a bag of iv fluids then got the gently caress out of the hospital. Now to just wait and see if we get covid i guess :shrug:

Did the fluids or being in the hospital help? Tightness of the chest from anxiety will usually go away quickly once you calm down. Did they give him anything for anxiety?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

snake and bake posted:

I'm expected to return to work tomorrow in Orlando when the county opens back up. I have no PTO, so my only other option is to quit and lose my unemployment.

Really looking forward to my Trump-worshipping, everything-is-political boss furiously ranting about the "lieberal hoax" while she runs around maskless, touching and coughing open-mouthed on everything, never washing her hands.

Edit: Oh, I should add that it's a property management office. I'm sure my first task will be preparing a stack of eviction notices for all of our tenants who lost their jobs but couldn't get unemployment for 6+ weeks (or ever) because our state's UI system was intentionally designed to be unusable.
Have you considered looking for another job while quietly loving up in ways that wont become evident until after you leave with references?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Splicer posted:

"You don't have the bad infectious disease, feel free to wander amongst the masses with your test consuming, immune system compromising, probably contagious mystery illness".

What should this person be told?
Who should enforce it?

You mentioned that they were "test consuming", should they be held at fault, here? What's your solution and logical end-point conclusion of it?

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

There Bias Two posted:

Don't loving drink when you're seriously ill. Take this seriously.

LOL okay

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Big Beef City posted:

What should this person be told?
Who should enforce it?

You mentioned that they were "test consuming", should they be held at fault, here? What's your solution and logical end-point conclusion of it?
Probably something like "You don't have covid 19 but you should probably stay home anyway" which is what yoloer420 is doing so I'm not sure who you're mad on behalf of here.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Splicer posted:

Probably something like "You don't have covid 19 but you should probably stay home anyway" which is what yoloer420 is doing so I'm not sure who you're mad on behalf of here.

I'm not mad, you stated "Feel free to wander the world with your test consuming self", which came off like they shouldn't so I was asking you to clarify why you were, don't project on me, please.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Beef City posted:

I'm not mad, you stated "Feel free to wander the world with your test consuming self", which came off like they shouldn't so I was asking you to clarify why you were, don't project on me, please.

It was a joke all the way down, relax dude jeez

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

yoloer420 posted:

I was in the exact same boat, just going to go to town for the first time on Monday. They also tested me for all the common flu strains, which also all came out negative, and I have NEVER been hit this hard by a cold alone. The wife is still sick as hell, her test also was negative, and also negative on all flu strains as well. It's kind of spooky, there must be a super cold going around right now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I doubt it but I really hope this wearing a mask thing catches on permanently. Every flu season people would wear them around town.

It won't happen but that'd be neat. However, when the second wave hits people will start wearing them again so maybe we'll get used to wearing them every covid-19/flu season.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I doubt it but I really hope this wearing a mask thing catches on permanently. Every flu season people would wear them around town.

It won't happen but that'd be neat. However, when the second wave hits people will start wearing them again so maybe we'll get used to wearing them every covid-19/flu season.

Up until now there have been very specific anti-mask rules throughout the country.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

i am harry posted:

Up until now there have been very specific anti-mask rules throughout the country.

Ah, that's true.

But I'm white? :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ah, that's true.

But I'm white? :(

City's proclamation requiring face masks in stores and restaurants is amended after threats of violence https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/face-masks-stillwater-oklahoma-trnd/index.html

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Chocobo posted:

I was in the exact same boat, just going to go to town for the first time on Monday. They also tested me for all the common flu strains, which also all came out negative, and I have NEVER been hit this hard by a cold alone. The wife is still sick as hell, her test also was negative, and also negative on all flu strains as well. It's kind of spooky, there must be a super cold going around right now.

COVID-20 early release demo.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Big Beef City posted:

yoloer420 felt very sick and went to the doctor, as they should, the doctor decided their symptoms merited a test for covid 19, as per their training, they were tested, as they should have been, and came back negative, which is good! They were then told that since it's not covid they could go do whatever, which yoloer420 felt was irresponsible since they're still sick with a probably contagious, debilitating illness, even though it's not the real big illness everyone is worried about right now.

I made a not very funny post where I played the part of the doctor telling them this in order to emphasise the short sightedness of the doctor's advice or lack thereof, given that a during pandemic with flu like symptoms that preys on those with compromised immune systems was an especially bad time to be spreading an illness with similar symptoms (as this would lead to more situations like yoloer420's, causing additional stress to the victim and consuming limited pandemic response resources unnecessarily) and debilitating effects (leaving people more vulnerable to the actual pandemic, never mind yoloer420's own increased risk should they contract covid 19 on top of their existing illness). The quotation marks around my post were to indicate that I was playing a part.

You then replied asking questions in a manner that indicated that you felt I was criticising yoloer420 in some manner, when nothing could be further from the truth. Possibly you interpreted the quotation marks as me mimicking yoloer420 as opposed to the doctor, an understandable mistake in general but something I would personally consider an odd one given the context of the respective posts. I am however open to correction on this. I then both answered your questions at face value and also mocked you for misunderstanding my post. You continued to misinterpret my post as a criticism of yoloer420, despite yoloer420 explicitly stating that they were going to do the exact opposite of my exaggerated description in the post I was initially replying to. Then I spent nearly 20 minutes of a beautiful summer day typing all of this out on my phone. I think it's pretty clear who won THIS round :smug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Burt Sexual posted:

City's proclamation requiring face masks in stores and restaurants is amended after threats of violence https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/face-masks-stillwater-oklahoma-trnd/index.html

Most of the laws that went into place that I heard of are due to protesters wearing masks.

I haven't researched that though so don't take my word for it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

i am harry posted:

What do you mean "until"???

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Burt Sexual posted:

Note that it seems to have been amended because the threats were coming from non-masked people who didn’t want to wear them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/agavedelacalle/status/1256734244522438656?s=21

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
That woman is going to destroy her throat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I’m wonder if 3m is building new production facilities? I mean they take a while, but they got the brand, the cash, and this poo poo ain’t leaving for years imo.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Netflix or whoever should go back and revisit all the people on Doomsday Preppers and see how its going

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Chocobo posted:

Mom and I tested negative after getting swabbed last friday (back in april friday, not a couple of days ago).

Last night, we went to the hospital after I'd discovered she'd coughed up some bloody mucus and reacted strongly enough that she felt compelled to call the healthlink number (where you can talk to an RN about not-necessarily-immediately-calling-911 symptoms you may be having) and followed their directions (go to urgent care center ASAP).

They swabbed her again, which we're still waiting on the results from, but she has been in total lockdown since long before that last-week swabbing, and even moreso since then. I'm not showing any symptoms, still. I moved in with her a couple of months ago to engage watchdog mode and make sure she stays alive, so we've been in close contact this whole time, and if I get it, she gets it, if she gets it, I get it, so.

With all the talk of flawed test results, who knows? Could be we were postive and tested negative (though, both of us? Still possible, I know, but). Still waiting on the results from last night. Could be she caught something else that's caused her to cough enough to tear something in her throat, or whatnot. She's always been a bit of a cougher, so that's not new thing, per se, and I hadn't noticed it being excessively more frequent than usual.

I've wondered myself, at the sheer number of people who test negative in reliable ways, yet still have nasty cold-like symptoms. Maybe there *is* something else out there, too.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Splicer posted:

Have you considered looking for another job while quietly loving up in ways that wont become evident until after you leave with references?

Oh definitely. I'm gone the very second I can secure another job that pays at least 80% of my current wage.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Mom and I tested negative after getting swabbed last friday (back in april friday, not a couple of days ago).

Last night, we went to the hospital after I'd discovered she'd coughed up some bloody mucus and reacted strongly enough that she felt compelled to call the healthlink number (where you can talk to an RN about not-necessarily-immediately-calling-911 symptoms you may be having) and followed their directions (go to urgent care center ASAP).

They swabbed her again, which we're still waiting on the results from, but she has been in total lockdown since long before that last-week swabbing, and even moreso since then. I'm not showing any symptoms, still. I moved in with her a couple of months ago to engage watchdog mode and make sure she stays alive, so we've been in close contact this whole time, and if I get it, she gets it, if she gets it, I get it, so.

With all the talk of flawed test results, who knows? Could be we were postive and tested negative (though, both of us? Still possible, I know, but). Still waiting on the results from last night. Could be she caught something else that's caused her to cough enough to tear something in her throat, or whatnot. She's always been a bit of a cougher, so that's not new thing, per se, and I hadn't noticed it being excessively more frequent than usual.

I've wondered myself, at the sheer number of people who test negative in reliable ways, yet still have nasty cold-like symptoms. Maybe there *is* something else out there, too.

The false negative rate is very high. From the perspective of a HCW, if you have symptoms but a negative test we still kind of treat you like you have it at least as far as we're protecting ourselves from you...

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What do you mean "until"???

Oh gently caress right off Illinois. People shouldn't have to courteously expose themselves just so they aren't perceived as potential criminals. Maybe deal with the crimes if they happen because more masks isn't going to equal more crime. Also, you aren't going to identify anyone based on three quarters of a nose and some upper lip. People can barely be identified with fully exposed faces. C'mon.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

Oh gently caress right off Illinois. People shouldn't have to courteously expose themselves just so they aren't perceived as potential criminals. Maybe deal with the crimes if they happen because more masks isn't going to equal more crime. Also, you aren't going to identify anyone based on three quarters of a nose and some upper lip. People can barely be identified with fully exposed faces. C'mon.

Also, DON'T loving TOUCH YOUR MASK OR FACE, THE MASK IS TO KEEP THE BAD OUT, TOUCHING YOUR FACE BRINGS THE BAD ONTO YOUR HANDS AND THEN ONTO YOUR FACE.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

The false negative rate is very high. From the perspective of a HCW, if you have symptoms but a negative test we still kind of treat you like you have it at least as far as we're protecting ourselves from you...

Oh, I totally understand that. I just held out hope that both of us coming up negative when we did two totally separate tests would mean something, but... :shrug:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

You already know exactly how the rest of the story plays out but here it is anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VKrYT0jbMo

:dogwhistle:

naem
May 29, 2011

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Burt Sexual posted:

Why are people so God damned stupid?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Sir, please wear a mask."

"I'LL KILL YOU, WHORE OF BABYLON! RAAAH!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Went to home depot today, and after waiting in line for like 30 minutes to get in I got to witness no less than 3 people refusing to wear a mask and one of them threatening to sue the employees for unconstitutional discrimination. Well worth the trip!